[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the Georgie scene too much? The kid got his arm bit off and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1

File: 1505049263912.png (249KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1505049263912.png
249KB, 750x1334px
Was the Georgie scene too much? The kid got his arm bit off and then dragged to sewers alive, also what does it mean when Pennywise say they float, does he turn his victims into zombies or something?
>>
They literally show what it means in the movie
It's lair is full of dead bodies floating in the air
>>
>>87578744
I haven't seen the movie yet only some clips. Doesn't IT eat the bodies, why does he just stack them?
>>
>>87577922
All of the kids he takes ends up floating. It's clearly illustrated in his lair.
>>
>>87577922
No the Georgie scene was perfect. It was closer to the book than the Curry IT. Only thing was they should have shown him bleeding out in the street but I guess they were worried weak kneed pussies like you couldn't handle that.
>>
>>87579097
They might have been their souls
>>
>>87578744
>It's lair is full of dead bodies floating in the air
>it is lair
What?
>>
>>87579097
>why does he just stack them
/tv/ asking the important questions
>>
>>87577922
It dragging him in triggered my autism, no point in changing that scene.
>>
>>87579097
>why does he just stack them?
maybe it's autistic
>>
Why wasn't there blood gushing out everywhere?
>>
>>87579191
It wasn't closer to the book at all you fucking idiot. Georgie does get pulled into the drain in the book, the adults find him bleeding to death in the street and he dies just like the mini series. The movie made him missing which is extremely far from the book.
>>
That scene was pretty good, I wish the rest of the movie could have kept it up.
>>
>>87579097
He only eats virgins right? Kind of see why this movie is so big around these parts. Wonder if /r9k/ is bunkering down all right?
>>
>>87579354
Doesn't*
>>
>>87579097
>Doesn't understand thing about movie
>Hasn't seen movie
Go watch the fucking movie you retard. Or read the fucking book
>>
How did It survive being shot in the head but end up defeated over a light beating?
>>
why/how did it kill georgie without scaring him? i thought the whole point was he had to scare kids before being able to eat them.
>>
>>87579613
Are you implying a sewer clown ripping his arm off didn't scare him?
>>
>>87577922
Actually it was perfect. Only thing I'd change is showing his arm actually being ripped off instead of cutting to cat, but him crawling away with a bloody stump and the arm being dragged in made it worth it.

I also prefer the idea of Pennywise just grabbing Georgie and dragging him in too, instead of just leaving him to die on the pavement. It makes Bill's character arc that much stronger because his determination is to find his brother, not simply avenge his death.
>>
>>87579645
why didn't he rip off the limbs of the other kids to scare them instead of dancing like a faggot then?
>>
>>87579613
It turning into a goblin shark is what scares him. Same thing in the book. Although it's kind of implied that Pennywise shows his "true" self to Georgie and destroys his mind. Can't remember, that shit was 1100 pages ago.
>>
>>87579668
One of them broke their arm and another one was having his face eaten, not to mention It was already using their biggest fears against them
>>
>>87579220
The lair of It. As opposed to its as no pronoun was in use.
>>
>>87579097
SHE hibernates for thirty years at a time, feeding on the bodies.
>>
>>87579220
Are you retarded or just stupid?
>>
>>87579540
Because it's power lay in fear you spaz, when they dont fear it they can hurt it.
>>
>>87577922

The victims float in the deadlights. It's a dimension of pure abstract fear that the victims "float" in and are devoured for as long as Pennywise exists. It's like a personal hell.
>>
>>87579822
He obviously wasn't afraid when he shot It in the face you fucking double spaz
>>
>>87579668

Turtle power
>>
>>87579867
What takes more courage, shooting a transdimensional super creature with a gun or beating it up close with a stick ?
>>
>>87579967
Considering the "gun" has the same range or less than the stick I think the point is moot
>>
>>87579967
Shooting your BROTHER
>>
>>87577922

The scene was underwhelming as fuck

>no build up
>that awful CGI
>gets dragged into the sewer instead of bleeding out on the street like in the book, which is something even the mini-series got right
>that completely unrealistic and out of character scream "Billy!" coming from an 8 year old who just had his arm torn off, with virtually no pain in his voice
>>
>>87580058
>gets dragged into the sewer instead of bleeding out on the street like in the book, which is something even the mini-series got right

?
>>
>>87580058
>that completely unrealistic and out of character scream "Billy!" coming from an 8 year old who just had his arm torn off, with virtually no pain in his voice
I know you're just shitposting but when you lose a limb you don't really feel it for a while. Th adrenaline kicks in and masks the pain.
>>
The scene wasn't better than the original and I just don't get what people are seeing.

>but you can see his fingernails ripping off!

Cool. That doesn't mean the scene is better.
>>
>>87577922

You only see the clown bite his arm, you don't actually see him rip it off because they show a cat react as a way of sorta censoring it.

Now, when they cut back, they do briefly show the arm going into the sewer as Georgie crawls away. That I thought was worse
>>
>>87580102
>losing a limb doesn't hurt
t. scientist
>>
>>87580093

They find his dead body in front of the sewer drain in the book, which is also implied in the mini-series when they show his casket being buried

>>87580102

Not an argument. It wasn't at all realistic and they threw it in purely for normies to be like "omg so sad he called for his brother!"
>>
>>87580141

They probably liked it better in the movie because they actually kinda show it rather than not show it.

Most people usually are Show not tell with their movies these days
>>
>>87579861
I thought It was just supposed to ve predator, why would he send some little kids into eternal torment, that's too f-up
>>
Having Georgie dragged into the sewer is vital to Bill's arc in this adaptation
>>
>>87580153
I wonder if we'll get an uncut version that shows the gorier bits.
>>
>>87580808
It's also better in general. It makes more sense for Pennywise (why would he leave a tasty snack just lying there mere feet away) and Bill (instead of trying to get revenge he's trying to find his brother and that pushes him further and further)
>>
>>87579097
they wouldnt float then
>>
>>87579861
When Pennywise opens his deadlights in front of Beverly, you do hear what sounds like the screams of the damned. Maybe that'll be the big thing about Part 2.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.