[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>whole movie is grounded in reality >dumb pseudoscience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: Prestige_poster.jpg (29KB, 258x382px) Image search: [Google]
Prestige_poster.jpg
29KB, 258x382px
>whole movie is grounded in reality
>dumb pseudoscience duplication machine comes out of nowhere and ungrounds everything, ruins the plot
what the f*ck was Nolan thinking?
>>
Pure kino
>>
>>87571868
>this retard actually thinks the machine worked
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
I know a lot of the conspiracies surrounding Tesla so it didn't surprise me
>>
>>87571868
>>whole movie is grounded in reality
It isn't tho. There was such thing as famous magicians in the past. Houdini was an exception
>>
>>87572644
>>this retard actually thinks the machine worked
then who was in all the water chambers?
>>
Wasn't that the point though?
Jackman had to fucking break the laws of space and time just to copy Bale's trick which in reality was dead simple yet unreproduceable (by him).
>>
>>87572897
Yeap. Bale Bros was the real talent while Jackman was just a rich guy and have to buy magic to compete
>>
>>87572768
How do you know there was anyone in those water chambers? You don't, but you believed there was because you wanted to be fooled. Only one double is ever confirmed to exist by anyone other than Angier and it's not some clone whipped up by a magical machine, it's Root.
>>
based machinedidntworkposter
>>
>>87572644
This bait don't deserve a ticket
>>
>>87571868
That's Nolan's thing. Decent but not amazing 4/5 star movie with a weird fantastical element.
>>
>>87571868
are you using the word "pseudoscience" to mean scifi? that's fucking hilarious
>>
>>87572991
Jackman's first version of the trick was pretty good and much more theatrical than Bale's. And producing that trick was not a question of money.

So Jackman still wins.
>>
File: 6YToyEF.png (144KB, 1200x992px) Image search: [Google]
6YToyEF.png
144KB, 1200x992px
>Angier thinks Border leaves beards and wigs lying around just to fool scarjo
>turns out it wasn't to throw her off, it was really for the trick
>Angier leaves empty water chambers around, hires blind stage hands to fool Cutter and Border into thinking magic is real
>turns out it was real
>>
>>87573513
t. brainlet who wasn't watching closely
>>
>>87574707
This movie has more poetry than any other ever made desu
>>
>>87573323
>>87574707
So was it or wasn't it? Is this the fucking trick? To keep people guessing? Fuck.
>>
>>87572644
explain
>>
The whole movie is basically a magician joke.
>>
>>87574274
Yeah, but in the end Bale shot Jackman dead and set fire to his theater, so Bale wins.
>>
>>87571868

this is one of the only good Christopher nolan movies
>>
>>87573323
If Root was the one that drowned in the tank, his body would have been badly decomposed by the time the ending takes place.
>>
>>87576421
well, no, the score is 1-1 then, since jackman did shoot a bale and fuck up their trick forever
>>
>>87576607
He also framed one of the brothers for murder and got him executed.
>>
>>87573323
>How do you know there was anyone in those water chambers?
because you see them on screen
>>
magic>science
>>
>>87576639
They killed his wife and got away with it.
>>
Tesla's machine seriously undercuts any surprise the reveal of Borden's twin might have had. When the story goes to someplace that fantastical so late in the game, you're willing to accept anything afterward. In the third act Borden could turn out to be a space alien and you wouldn't blink an eye.
>>
>>87577143
Well yeah that's because Bowie is playing Tesla.
>>
>>87576675
No you don't. You see one body and a bunch of tanks with indistinct forms shrouded in shadow and obscured by the flames reflecting off the glass.

But then again, you weren't really looking. You wanted to be fooled.
>>
>>87577631
>indistinct forms shrouded in shadow
were you watching a cam rip?
>>
>Angier's wife dies drowning, so does Angier
>Border's wife hangs herself, Border gets hanged aswell.

Like poetry
>>
Hugh Jackman's death scene was worse than Talia's

>Talking talking talking
>ok I'm finished
>*instantly dies*
>>
>>87577631
>indistinct forms

You retard. This was a result of Nolan's distaste for using CGI
>>
>>87574980
>>87578336
Can you stupid fucking youtube eceleb worshipping retards please leave forever? Please?
>>
>>87578336
>>87574707
Epic. Epic for the win
>>
I liked how Nolan managed to drastically flip the moral compass around.
Bowie did good as Tesla aswell

I always felt like The Prestige was too riddled with plot twists and unwarranted emotional drive
Had a distaste for its plain London visuals, and the pacing felt very unnatural

Dunkirk>Interstellar>Dark Knight>Memento>The Prestige
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.