[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw some normie faggot thinks this movie is about "le

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1504980328891.jpg (274KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1504980328891.jpg
274KB, 1200x1200px
>tfw some normie faggot thinks this movie is about "le follow your dreams", and about sacrificing "each other" in order to be successful.

Watch the damn commentary with Damien Chazelle, you know, the fucking director. Why is it that out of all the people who misinterpret this film normies are always the ones who are the most off?
>>
>>87563838
Can I get a tl;dr of the director commentary? I don't care enough about the movie to watch it but I'm slightly curious
>>
People are allowed to take what meaning they want from art, and while the director's intentions are important they're not the end all be all of the interpretation.

That being said, my interpretation of the movie was always one about art vs commerce and the pitfalls of both because that's something I often think about.
Dunno what Damien's actual intentions were though.

Also don't answer this faggot >>87563932 .
>>
>>87563838
>>tfw some normie faggot thinks this movie is about "le follow your dreams", and about sacrificing "each other" in order to be successful.
"Normies" think very individualistically, it is only natural for them to assume the message of the film is one that coincides with their own narcissistic goals.
>>
>>87563838
Well...what did he say?
>>
Did everyone really miss the point of La La Land? It's not a film about romanticizing Hollywood, it's a film about realizing that no matter how much you think success will bring you happiness, if you pass on the love of your life you'll be stuck living a life of regret. That's why both Seb and Mia acknowledged that they had failed despite all their apparent success.

That's the central theme of the film, it's an homage to the classic Hollywood romance that usually stands above all odds, only this time around it fails in order to highlight and remind us that the importance of real love is what truly matters, above all else, and especially success. That's why the bittersweet ending is so effective, they both achieve what they think they want, but are left still wanting more, or more specifically that which they already had and lost.
>>
It's a musical. Who gives a fuck
>>
>>87563838
Authorial intent doesn't really matter.
>>
>>87564150
It does if you want to be right.
>>
>>87564199
Right about what? Most works of art aren't puzzles that need to be solved.
>>
File: autism.png (101KB, 1405x619px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
101KB, 1405x619px
>>87563838
>>87564059
what a dedication to defend this flick
>>
>>87564481
>all within the past 24 hours
Weak, and also shows you've been here too long to have even noticed the trend.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.