[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wait what the fuck is SVP? I just randomly heard about it an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: svp.png (15KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
svp.png
15KB, 256x256px
Wait what the fuck is SVP? I just randomly heard about it and apparently can make movies appear 60 or even 120 fps. Is it legit? What can /tv/ tell me about it?
example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjb6CSe4708
>>
>>87563581
Neurel nets 'n' sheeit
>>
>>87563581
Holy shit, I just downloaded it and have it running, this is actually incredible
>>
just the same bullshit interpolation as every other HFR bullshit
>>
It's just motion interpolation, nothing new.
>>
yes it's "legit"
>>
>>87564781
>>87564819
Yeah no shit, what do you expect software to pull extra frames from your ass?
The point is it works smoothly with practically no artifacts
>>
>>87564834
So does a color filter, if you prefer vibrant colors or some shit.
I'll continue watching things the way they were supposed to be seen.
>>
>>87564885
>this program designed to change how things look changes how things look

Relax Grandpa, no ones going to force you to fucking use it
>>
>>87564834
>The point is it works smoothly with practically no artifacts
that's nothing new
>>
>>87564834
>practically no artifacts

Not true unless you're blind.
>>
>>87565074
No ableism please
>>
>>87565074
Unless you're running a shitrig 99% of the time you would never be able to tell whether a scene was rendered or actually filmed at HFR
>>
>>87564834
the transitional frames are, by definition, artifacts.
>>
>>87565192
Recognizable artifacts obviously you fucking aspie
>>
>>87565192
no they're interpolated frames. artifacts are by definition unintended.
>>
>>87565151
It has nothing to do with the speed of your computer and everything to do with the fact that it uses an algorithm to interpolate two frames (i.e. unnaturally inventing content that wasn't there).
>>
>>87565308
Obviously, but the fact is it works and for what imperfections exist can continue to be worked out
>>
>>87563581
cringe
>>
>>87565308
If you have more powerful hardware you can render more accurate frames.
>>
>>87563581

Does it work with old low frame-rate animation? Like does it smooth that stilted look out?
>>
>>87566982
Yeah, its amazing shit to watch
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.