[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people literally only care about IT because muh creepy clown?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Do people literally only care about IT because muh creepy clown? The writing is terrible, it does Lovecraftian all wrong.
>>
>>87562761
>lovecraftian
Does that mean shit writing and omg so horriblu i can't describe it btw giant penguins lmao so sary
>>
>>87562761
Lovecraft was a racist, King isn't soo...
>>
>>87563080
>>87563240
>lovecraft is shit cuz muh racism
kys
>>
>>87563548
>lovecraft isn't shit
lol
>>
The Void is the true Lovecraft KINO

—not Shilling
>>
they should have just talked about it for the whole film and then go and hit him with a boat at the end
>>
>>87562761
Also, are people really afraid of a clown? In both adaptions pennywise never came off as really spooky. I do have to admit that I find the concept of a celestial being (for a lack of a better term) running around as a clown and spooking children quite retarded. Haven't read the book tho because I hate kings style
>>
>>87562761
lovecraft was a fucking hack who autistically focused on world building so hard because his climaxes always fell back on the idea of "woah this thing is so crazy and scary ahhh my brain my eyes im dead now".

Seriously read shadow over innsmouth, fucking excellent atmosphere when the story is actually moving, but the other 90% of the time its the old drunk literally giving pages upon pages upon FUCKING PAGES OF EXPOSITION ABOUT OL CAPTAIN OBED MARSH

funny how Hounds of Tindalos is better than anything lovecraft ever did and it was written by one of his contemporaries who took inspiration from him
>>
>>87563548
Lovecraft is shit because he is shit period.
His "so spooky i can't even describe it" is the cheapest, most laughable cop out ever.
>>
the lovecraftian explanation for pennywise's origins is just flavor text you moron.

yes, the story of It is basically about an evil shapeshifting clown who feeds on fear. Pennywise could have been a demon or an alien or a psychic manifestation or ANYTHING.

the lovecraftian bit is mostly irrelevant and pretty much just a nod to lovecraft fans. except that lovecraft fans are so fucking autistic and insufferable that you start screeching "NO THAT'S NOT REAL LOVECRAFTIAN MUH PURITY" whenever any hint of something lovecraftian appears, even if it wasn't even necessary to begin with.

so fuck you and fuck lovecraft and fuck drumpf
>>
>>87563802
if lovecraft didn't have have a cool name people wouldn't namedrop him as much, that's a fact
>>
>>87563859
True
>>
>>87562761
>it does Lovecraftian all wrong.
straight out of the pleb dictionary.
>>
>>87562761
>stops by to omplain about writing quality. Every sentence of his comment is written on an unintelligible internet level.
>>
>>87563080
>omg so horriblu i can't describe it
>>87563733
>so spooky i can't even describe it

Well, you dumb cunts have obviously never read Lovecraft at all, because he describes most of the cosmic Old Ones in his stories. How else do you think we have illustrations of them? We know what Cthulhu looks like. We know what the faggots out of Dunwich look like. Etc. Etc.

tl;dr
Lovecraft is a good author and gets shit on by people who just regurgitate what they hear on the internet.
>>
>>87565566
t. true pleb
>if you look at my absurd bullshit creatures (octopus+dragon+human caricature+100m tall = not really scary) you go insane!!!! ISNT THAT SCARY?

Also his style of writing is even worse than king's, a remarkable feat, quite impossible
>>
File: Steveface.png (321KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Steveface.png
321KB, 640x480px
You're gonna love my clowns
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.