[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've officially lost hope in movie theaters. There's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 12

File: movie-theater-revival-setup.jpg (44KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
movie-theater-revival-setup.jpg
44KB, 640x320px
I've officially lost hope in movie theaters. There's honestly no point in them anymore.
>Coughing up almost $30 for 2 tickets
>Coughing up another $15 for popcorn, snack,drink
>Having to find a decent seat, surrounded by ass holes
>people obnoxiously talking throughout the movie
>people clapping when the movie is over
>people leaving their shit behind on the floor for others to clean
And they say movie theaters are coming back. Bitch, please.
>>
>>87559728
>see a great performance that took hundreds of thousands of man hours to produce
>don't clap
why are europeans such selfish cunts?
>>
>>87559791
I'm from america, you fuck.
>>
>>87559937
okay hans
>>
>>87559728
Saw IT. I needed 3 seats for my group. Only 3 seats in auditorium together, next to black girl. Sheeeeiit, she's going to talk to the movie the whole time, because black girls do that. Or maybe I'm a racist, fuck me.

THE ENTIRE FUCKING MOVIE. TALKING TO THE CHARACTERS. SHUT UP YOU DUMB BITCH.

Protip: if you hate being stereotyped, DON'T FUCKING ACT LIKE A STEREOTYPE.
>>
>watching IT in busy, but not overcrowded theater
>regular mix of obnoxious kids too young to see movie, and people who scream at and talk about every jump scare
>every 5 minutes get a huge waft of vanilla flavored tobacco
>some faggot is smoking in the theater
Pretty shitty movie watching experience

>go see Dunkirk almost a month after it is released
>catch late night showing at 10pm ish
>be the only person in the fucking theater
>have the most immersive and enjoyable film watching experience of my life
It is hit and miss anon. If you live in a town big enough to have a theater but small enough to have slow nights it can be worth the money. Would spend $8 again for Dunkirk like movie watching experience.
>>
>>87560105
>if you hate being stereotyped, DON'T FUCKING ACT LIKE A STEREOTYPE.
why would they do that when they can go complain to activist groups that will get anyone that stereotypes them fired
>>
>>87560122
People say that it's terrible to see a movie alone, but I honestly couldn't give a fuck. I saw the Fore Awakens by myself and I had a fucking ball. I'd do it again.
>>
My theater is clean, almost empty most of the time, and a ticket cost me 5€ (that's 6$ for you burgers)
>>
Thats why I only watch high quality blu ray rips at home on my TV.
>>
>>87560234
>People say that it's terrible to see a movie alone
I never got this. I'm guessing it's just normie signalling about how they're popular/have a lot of friends, because really if you're going to the cinema for the movie itself then there's absolutely nothing that friends contribute to it. If you want to enjoy and get immersed in the movie then you shouldn't be talking or fucking around with your friends throughout the showing.
>>
>>87560265
We have moviepass and can watch unlimited movies for $10 a month.
>>
>>87560332
I think there is some perceived stigma with it. When I was younger I wouldn't go sue to pure social anxiety issues. After I went a couple of times I have no problem with it. My wife and I are both employed and we have young children, so if I want to catch a movie it is typically after the kids are asleep and by myself.
>>
>>87559728
So this is what going to cinemas in the US is like.
>>
>expensive tickets
>expensive concessions
>obnoxious people
How are movie theaters getting away with it?
>>
>>87560429
Because it's all normies who go.
>>
>>87560332
I only goto movies alone now, it's one of the best experiences, if the theater is empty. My friends would text all movie so I'd have cellphone screen lighting on both sides of me for 2.5 hours.
>>
>>87559791
Literally no one who worked on the movie will hear your claps. Like who the fuck are you applauding.
>>
>>87560336
How is the movie pass service? Do you issues finding theaters that accept it, are there hidden fees, can multiple people use the pass (on different days.)
>>
Agreed but Moviepass. And the first showings every day. The 12:30-2 slots, where there's only a couple people.
>>
>>87560598
would you hold your applause after a play if the performers were deaf because "hurr they cant hear me"
>>
>>87559728
Literally never experienced anything like that here in Europe, except for the slightly pricey tickets which you can afford even with a bullshit warehouse job.

Feela good not living in degenerate america, have fun running to the theatre early so you can fight with others for a decent seat while I pick my perfect seats with a single click on my computer/phone a few days before, come in the theater literally 10 minutes after the official time starts to avoid most of the ads/trailers and go sit in my perfectly placed seats without any waiting in any lines whatsoever.
>>
>>87560613
Not that anon, but i got it last week (after frustrating roll-out) and only used it once, and it's amazing.
While the 'arthouse' theaters near me dont accept it, which sucks, the megaplex chains do. No hidden feed. Multiple people could probably use it, if they're logged into the account. Thing is you have to be within 100 yards of the theater to check in.
>>
>>87560105
no one cares
>>
>>87560626
But they can still see you you dumbfuck.
If you clap at the theatre you might aswell clap after watching a film at home.
Hell, you can even clap after listening to a good song then if that's the case.
>>
>his theater doesn't do $5 movie day
>he eats disgusting theater food
>he drinks soda
>he complains other people ruin his experience but he's so lazy he can't go at low traffic times
>>
>>87560642
>Literally never experienced anything like that here in Europe

You're lucky, here's my American theater:

>According to Lomax, he was at the movie with his girlfriend and her three teenagers, enjoying the film and laughing, when a man in front of him -- not Cialella -- told him to quiet down.

>"We can't laugh?" Lomax recalled asking.

>A second man threw popcorn at the family, and a brawl ensued.

>Lomax said he was fighting with the first man when the second man pulled out a gun and fired, striking him in the left arm.

>A defense lawyer argued that Cialella was being choked and punched as he tried to break up the fight and fired in self-defense.

>"He's a marksman," lawyer Greg Pagano said. "If he wanted to shoot to kill, he would have."

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Iraq-Vet-Charged-with-Movie-Theater-Shooting.html
>>
File: 1422648884044.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1422648884044.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
I have a $1500+ setup at home but I still love going to the cinema
No roomate/brother/sister/mom/whoever barging in the room, no tasks/problems you suddenly remember you have to do, no phone notifications or calls, no temptation of looking up stuff you see in the film on the spot, no option of pausing the film 12 times, you just have sit there and experience the film as a whole at once with absolutely zero distractions like it's intended to be experienced (I'm from Europe so I never had a single bad cinema experience like I hear here often)
A bit of true escapism, I love it.

Also not to be able to watch a film like Dunkirk in true 70mm IMAX would be pretty sad.
>>
>>87560729
Our theater actually has a half-off deal on Tuesday nights and tickets are only $6.
>>
File: salut.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
salut.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>from a small town in Australia
>most people here are polite, except for the abo cunts who've moved in
>local cinema shows mostly mainstream films but the occasional independent
>comfy as fuck
>$9 a ticket (about 7 bucks US)
>go to day screenings
>not many people there, mostly old folks who keep quiet because they're not young and dumb cunts
>mfw I get what I pay for every time (and sometimes even more)
>>
>>87560746
lmao this reads like a meme post except that it's actually real
>>
>>87560686
Thanks for the info anon.
>>
>>87559728
You do movies wrong.
Bring your own fucking food and drink and have your girlfriend put it in her ba- oh..wait. Yknow you don't have to eat their shitty food.

>Having to find a decent seat, surrounded by ass holes.
No, YOU'RE the asshole. People like you are the worst. You come late or RIGHT ON TIME, you deserve to get shitty seats. Realize there's others with the same mentality. You're not the only one seeing a movie. I ALWAYS get there early and I'm usually one of the first ones in and pick the prime spot. That's YOUR fucking fault that you can't get to a movie early.
>>
>>87559728
Dude, go to a movie theater in an other country, you'll realise that it gets better.
>>
>>87560942
You're correct on most of that. Although I could be the first person in the theater and still end up surrounded by obnoxious assholes by the time the movie starts. At least I am not in the shit seats though.
>>
A-are americans actually applauding in movie theaters? You mean when it's not an event when the actors are present?

...WHY?
>>
>>87560942
Last night, I had 3 black dudes tell me and my two friends I couldn't sit next to them because they were waiting for their friends. By the middle of the movie, their "friends" never showed up. So yes, people are ass holes. Maybe not all of them, but most of them.
>>
>>87560122
I'm going to see It on Monday at the earliest showing of the day.

I'm pretty certain I can get an almost empty theater
>>
>>87561285
>saw 3 assholes
>most people are assholes
Are you from /pol/?
>>
>>87561285
should've told the theater bouncer that you saw one of them with an ar15
>>
>>87561338
Since school is back in session, you're good. Enjoy.
>>
>>87561356
>being a nigger apologist
are you reddit? yes you are
>>
>>87561368
I think you mean a hi-point.
>>
>>87561474
How did I say in any way that the niggers didn't do something wrong or apologized their behaviour?
>>
File: 1504402060338.jpg (22KB, 192x256px) Image search: [Google]
1504402060338.jpg
22KB, 192x256px
I go to the least busy theater in town a couple weeks after release so I usually just have small crowds of 0-15 older people most days. Tickets are usually under $10 on weekday nights, $5 if it's a matinee showing, and once I get my moviepass in the mail I'll be going a couple nights a week.

By contrast the theater near my old job was a nightmarish hellhole where even the worst movie could get a full theater of idiots a month after release. Just try to find a decent theater and exercise some self control instead of buying a ton of food before the movie if you want to save money.
>>
File: kids at theater.jpg (95KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
kids at theater.jpg
95KB, 1000x667px
>>87559728
> And they say movie theaters are coming back. Bitch, please.

50 year old here and I haven’t been in a theater since Return of the King in 2004.

The only advantage a theater has nowadays over home viewing is the giant screen but’s only an advantage if you can get a seat in the middle of the theater.

Adults prefer home viewing and it’s shows in theatrical attendance, which is mostly teenagers and why most movies nowadays are capeshit and such to appeal to that demographic, as kids are the only ones who are willing to put up with all the hassles and cost, because they’re mostly there to hang out with friends and fuck around with their cellphones and don't even care what's on screen.
>>
>>87561234
I thought that the "americans clapping and cheering" was just a meme too.
But then I stumbled upon this, a whole channel dedicated for recording that exactly, it's actually real https://youtu.be/_UFWdwx3mjU
>>
>>87560613
For me so far it definitely seems too good to be true. I received my card a week ago, been to the movies three times each time without a single hiccup. Not sure how they can sustain this at $10 but it's probably worth abusing it for now.
>>
>>87561931
Oh my fucking god. This is hilarious. Why would anyone watch a movie like this
>>
>>87561931
It's sounds kike you're watching a film with a fucking live sitcom audience.
>>
>>87562151
>kike
>>
>>87560723
how come shouting at a sports program is alright but clapping at a film crosses a line.
>>
File: 1349771152272.jpg (11KB, 314x364px) Image search: [Google]
1349771152272.jpg
11KB, 314x364px
>>87561931
WTF
>>
>>87562306
Now you're telling me Americans shout at their sports? What the hell?
>>
>>87562372
euros and australians do it even more though but by far the worst contender is the Brazilian mexicans and the worst of the worst is the worst Brazilian mexicans; the filipino's.
>>
>>87562306
While both is retarded (THEY CAN'T FUCKING HEAR YOU) a film and sports program is entirely different in the way they are entertaining.
>>
>>87562463
*and one isn't nearly ruined as much by shouting
>>
>>87562463
>you must enjoy things only in the manner society mandates
typical europe
>>
>>87561931
kek
>>
File: b6sg67b.gif (2MB, 386x345px) Image search: [Google]
b6sg67b.gif
2MB, 386x345px
>>87561931
Wait, wait, wait. They clap DURING the movie?
>>
>>87562507
The point is that it affects other people, smartass. If you want to shout, do it when you're alone or are sure that no one who watches with you is bothered by it.
>>
>>87562535

Went to see It last night and yes, they do.
Thank god it was the final scene
>>
>>87562559
if you're that affected by other people's enjoyment you should stay home.
>>
>>87562306
>shouting at a sports program
I mean, that kind of toxic masculinity is not alright either, but if you really want to go into the details, the whole point of soccer and the like is to unwind you. Men yell and then they feel good afterwards when they complain about it with their friends.
>>
>>87562585
I fucking feel for you man.
I mean it must be kinda hard to live in the US as it is (in some areas at least) but you can't even catch a movie like in a normal society lol
>>
>>87559791
why are you such a fucking idiot?
>>
>>87560234
I saw the revenant by myself and it was really cool
>>
>>87561285
I'm the anon you're responding to. That's fucking shitty. I fucking hate niggers, I really do and I'm sorry.

I'm REALLY anal about movie theatres. If the movie starts at 8. I'm there waiting by 6:45 to make sure I don't have to deal with that shit. Though, I can't help what piece of shit, fat white trash, highschool asshole, spic language speaking, FUCKING NIGGER sits next to me.

When it happens, my girlfriend and I look at each other and I audibly say, "well, there goes a good time I paid for.."

You're right. Fuck theatres.
>>
>>87562507
Not the society, the actual artist.
No one cares if you celebrate when your team scores in sports, but I'm pretty sure the director has not intended a single second in a film to be the part where the audience should holler/clap/whistle or do whatever it is you degenerate americans do in cinemas.

The only acceptable situation to clap is at film festivals because more than likely someone from the cast/crew is right there so you can show appreciation for them if you liked the film. And even then you only clap AFTER the film is over.
>>
>>87562589
Everyone who wants to enjoy a movie the way it is intended to be watched (you know, experiencing the audio as well) would be bothered by half the movie theatre shouting.
>affected by other people's enjoyment
My god I hope you're a troll
>>
>>87562678
Just find a nice movie theater in a higher income area and you won't find scum like that. It's worth a long drive.
>>
>clapping isn't common in my country
>I'm always the first one to clap at the end of the movie
>the roaches all fall in line and clap along for fear of being left out
>>
>>87562802
I used to do that. But niggers go there now because, "WE'Z WAN BE INKLUDED 2". I feel like they purposely go to nice areas to ruin everyones time.
>>
What will be the next big trend in movie cinemas that will surpass 3D? I honestly think it will be live streaming a theater's reaction to the internet.
>>
>>87559728

>best theatre i've ever been to was a prestigious expensive one only for kino films

my entire experience was ruined becuase people started fucking in front of me and there was like 7 people in the room.

I just whipped out my dick and shot one out at them, you ruined mine so i ruin yours, i got them on the head and bolted out.
>>
File: 1459179996701.jpg (14KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
1459179996701.jpg
14KB, 238x192px
GOD DAMN you stupid fuckers are dense

Going to the movies is social activity, it's a bonding ritual among people, the movie is not even important. You go there to spend time with people and experience emotions with them. That's what you pay for

>but but I can pirate the movie 3 months later and buy popcorn in bulk and make it at home for $0.30 a pound I'm so smart
No. You are autistic and just dont understand why people go to the movies. You end up watching every single movie out there in a very short amount of time and don't even enjoy movies anymore.
You are probably just the kind of retards who claim they don't enjoy bars and nightclubs because you are 'so over it' and how only teenagers enjoy going there, bitch how the drinks are so expensive and how you can't get pass the bouncer, pathetic.

I seriously wonder what do you even spend you money on, probably stupid vidya shit or whatever autistic garbage you penny pinching faggots are fond of.
>>
>>87562919
why don't you just bond with your friends at home retard.
>>
>>87562919
>the movie is not even important
This is some exquisite bait forming my friend, nicely done.
>>
>>87562919
it's okay anon you're in a safe space here
>>
>>87562919
>>87562972

Yea kind of gave it away with that
>>
>>87559728
Major League fucking up OP.
>not catching the Matinee
>not usuing to kiosk to get kids tickets since the ticket ripper person doesn't notice
>not having MoviePass™
>not wearing cargo pants/short and a hoodie with pocket to sneak your own stuff in
>not saving your 3D glasses

It's like you've never been middle class.
>>
>>87559728
desu there is no point in cinemas, it's a relic from times when people did not have high quality video and audio at homes. it server a social function as you are going out with someone, but that's literally the worst place to go to with someone as you can't talk to each other for hours...
>>
>>87562968
What am I supposed to do there, retard?
>hurr smoke weed and gay sex
It gets boring after a while, people like to go to different places you sheltered autistic fucker
>>
>>87563172
>but that's literally the worst place to go to with someone as you can't talk to each other for hours...
Except you can and people always talk during movies. Try going out once in a while
>>
guise, is there any way to bypass the penis inspections? asking for a friend
>>
>>87563188
if you are bored of your friends you shouldn't be going the theater with them, if you can't have a good time just enjoying each others company then they aren't your real friends and you are just a boring normie who can't bond with other people on an emotional level.
>>
>>87563218
Not to mention pauses and after the movie.
>>
>see IMAX film
>have to pay extra to have seat in middle

Wtd
>>
The clapping thing always cracks me up. It only started happening recently, too. Before I only ever remember people clapping when it was a first grade field trip. Now I imagine it's because autists have come out of hiding and it's acceptable to be retarded.
>>
>>87562372
Because many times people have money riding on games in the form of bets
>>
>>87563315
What? Pretty sure that's illegal, some advanced jew activity going on at your cinema.
>>
>>87561474

are you autistic, yes you are
>>
>>87562151
Freudian slip
>>
>>87563172
I don't know about you anon, but I don't have a 2 ton IMAX analog projector along with the 98 feet high screen right at my home or a living room with perfect acoustic treatment and a sound system with multi-thousand watt amplifiers and speakers even behind the screen which has microscopic holes throughout for the sound to get through.
>>
File: 1470821724454.jpg (30KB, 346x391px) Image search: [Google]
1470821724454.jpg
30KB, 346x391px
>>87559728
>tfw 4.5 Eur for a ticket and 3.5 for popcorn.

Feels good.
>>
>>87563421
I think he's referring to DBox, I highly doubt jews would jew so obviously like that
>>
>>87563586
Pretty sure not a single IMAX theatre has or would allow DBox, IMAX is IMAX.
Unless it's some fake IMAX shit.
>>
>be free us-citizen
>go to the movies cuz I can
>grab my wheel-chair I need because of my heart problems
>i can be 600 pounds this is a free land
>pay 30$ for popcorn gonna need nutrition, sitting is exhausting
>pay 20$ for coke, don't want no dehydration cuz of the popcorn
>go to the wrong seat and occupy the two on the sides, too
>who's gonna stop me this is a free land
>start eating popcorn so loud you can't hear the 20th century logo music
>movie starts
>what is this shit, why don't they introduce the characters
>ask loud questions
>DOYOUTHINKHE'SDEAD, HONEY.jpeg
>climax of the film
>popcorn and coke is empty
>this is kinda exciting
>omg what do I do
>can't hold it in, too much popcorn and coke
>YEEEEAAAHWHOOOO.mp3
>that felt good
>feeling united with my fellow countrymen
>important dialogue comes on
>JUSTTELLHERYOULOVEHERALREADY.avi
>credits shown
>applaud for two minutes
>someone tells me to be quiet next time
>fckn sjw's ruining my after-movie experience
>>
>>87561931
>one channel
I've been to crowded premiers and this doesn't happen here
>>
>>87563709

I don't know what you mean by dbox.

There's an IMAX screen. Standard seats are the 5 on each side then stairs, then the seats in the middle cost extra. I think there are even more premium seats near the very back
>>
>>87560642
Can definitely say most of the times I've gone to the cinema here in Dublin it's been pretty bad with people constantly texting hell there was even one time where a guy literally lay across 4 seats in front of me and just went to sleep. Like the fuck do you bother buying a ticket
>>
I just go myself on the discount days early when all the normies are at school/work.

Ill see IT tomorrow that way.
>>
>>87559728
This is entirely optional, you know. You could just eat food at home before going, go out somewhere after, or just put up with not shoving salt and sugar in your mouth for two hours.
>>
>>87559728
>go on tuesday for cheap ticket prices
>sneak food in from the nearby dollar store
>get there early
>tell people to shut up
problems solved
>>
>>87565230
But that's the problem you see...he doesn't want to accept that he's part of the problem.
>>
File: 9428058.png (98KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
9428058.png
98KB, 600x500px
>>87565186
>german release 28th of septembre
>already spoiled to bits by /tv/

Is there even a reason to watch it now ?
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.