[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about the looks of new Pennywise? I think he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 15

What do you think about the looks of new Pennywise? I think he looks weird and the actor is too young
>>
Liked him more than Tim Curry.
>>
>>87556870
shit reddit says
>>
>>87556833
>five head
>fraiser hair
>lazy eye
>ye olde time clown costume
>buck teeth
>random drool
Yeah Tim Curry is still better. Put prime time Curry in new It movie and it would have been a lot better
>bbbut muh book
It's stephen king, who cares
>>
>>87556833

I was very surprised to discover that it's the same actor who played the annoying rich kid in Hemlock Grove. Behind all of the make-up and special effects, I never would have guessed. He did a pretty fucking good job in my opinion.
>>
>>87556878
Actually Redditors live and breathe nostalgia even when it was objectively shit just like you're doing right now
>>
>>87556833
He was too scary in my oppinion. Kids approaching strange sewer clowns is already unbelievable but expecting us to believe they would approach penny wise 2017 is insane. Other than that I liked the performance.
>>
MOVE OVER CURRYFAGS
THERES A NEW CLOWN IN TOWN

Legit though I thought he was great
>>
>>87556956
He was extremely faithful to the books though
>>
File: rattererer.jpg (7KB, 342x272px) Image search: [Google]
rattererer.jpg
7KB, 342x272px
>>87556833
they threw the subtle scaryness of clowns out of the window and made him thenicestguyyoueverknowtwistedpsychopath

for normies he will be more impressive because simpler to understand.
>>
File: tipo-de-villano-9-1024x576.jpg (72KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
tipo-de-villano-9-1024x576.jpg
72KB, 1024x576px
>>87556870
Lol original Pennywise was amazing, it's hard to top that
>>
>>87556833
Tim Curry's version looks like a clown parents would actually hire at kids parties, the new one looks like a worse version of John Wayne Gacy right from the bat.
>>
File: tumblr_ovzq4qo1RS1wx1vh8o2_540.gif (420KB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ovzq4qo1RS1wx1vh8o2_540.gif
420KB, 540x303px
>>87556833
Vorefags approve.
>>
They should have used the clown from AHS
>>
File: pennywise redesign.jpg (166KB, 1280x786px) Image search: [Google]
pennywise redesign.jpg
166KB, 1280x786px
>>87556833
I prefer the new design, it looks pretty bad in OP's pic though, shitty lighting.
>>
That's how the book was written. He's not subtly creepy, he's just scary as fuck. Just because you plebs can't read and you love your nostalgia.

Tim Curry was a shit Pennywise, though he was fun to watch.
>>
>>87556833
the director knew he wouldnt top Currys performance so they didnt try and went with what we got instead.

Curry terrified a generation.
>>
Skars did an extremely good job, he was definitely a more feral Pennywise and seemed barely able to keep itself in check. But Curry was a funnier Pennywise that seemed more cunning and smart.

Skars defeat by the losers club was objectively better though
>>
File: 1503689221212.jpg (40KB, 459x343px) Image search: [Google]
1503689221212.jpg
40KB, 459x343px
>>87557170
>Curry terrified a generation.
It was a memorable performance, but pretty fucking far from even slightly spooky.
>>
Mom said its my turn to scare kids.
>>
>>87557170
It's true, when I saw the new movie my mum told me she's scared of clowns because of Curry.

That's not to say Bill isn't good though.
>>
>>87557205
One of my teaches in high school started freaking out over a picture of a clown and it turns out its because of Tim as penywise.
>>
File: clown cum.jpg (9KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
clown cum.jpg
9KB, 320x240px
Uh....Georgie....yes come closer Georgie.
Suck 'em. Suck these big blue BALLS! My balls will float in your mouth, Georgie. My cum with float down your thhrroooaaat ha :3
Geor-....ugh....Georgie your little tiny mouth is tickling my balls :o Georgie you're like a tiny puppy nibbling on my big BALLOONS Georgie...
*a little precum drizzles out* Heheh *Georgie licks it up and giggles*
Hahaha, yes Georgie. Suck em good. I want my big red balloons to float in your mouth. Good. I like the...ugh ugh...
*Georgie gives a very bites to his ballskin, turning him on even more*
Georgie fuck you little rascal...you are such a kinky boy!
*Georgie then begins to guzzle his balls and gag a bit, yet still being professional and sucking*
*Pennywise moans, his teeth being revealed as a bucket of semen explodes from his cock*
*some cum splatters on Georgie's face*
Heh, come here Georgie. Kiss me fat boy.
*Pennywise tickles Georgie's belly while licking the cum off his face, making love to him*
>>
>>87557164

The sliver/orange was a nice touch, so was the old-timey clothes. I think they actually made a effort to be closer to book Pennywise, I just wish he had more dialogue, Skarsgard was great in my opinion
>>
Clowns aren't even scary
>>
>>87557046
>IT
>even remotely approaching "subtle"
I don't think you ever actually watched the original.
>>
>>87557205
memorable is what made it, its been nearly 30 years since the original and hes still remembered.

not bad for a mini series.
>>
>>87557368
Except for that one.
>>
>>87557170
>WA-HA! WA-HA! WA-HA! WA-HA!
>>
>>87557368
How did he invite so many young men into his house? How did none of them just overpower his fat ass and kill him in defense
>>
>>87557491
Fear is literally paralyzing
>>
>>87556833
>the actor is too young
literally how the fuck does it matter?
>>
>>87557204
>he was definitely a more feral Pennywise and seemed barely able to keep itself in check
I liked that aspect of the character. Like when he is talking to georgie, and stops acting all friendly, before quickly recovering to offer the boat before georgie can run away
>>
thread theme
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otx49Ko3fxw
>>
>>87557491
Weren't they all homosexuals? Mentally ill gonna mentally ill
>>
>>87556956
>He was too scary in my oppinion
Pennywise is supposed to be scary. He feeds on fear, so he has to scare them before he eat them. That's why he spends so much time dancing at the people, or running at them in weird ways.
>>
>>87557368
I don't find clowns scary, either. Just gross.
>>
>>87557809
Ah, that was Dahmer
>>
I didn't think the original was scary but then again I was 14-15 when I saw it and it just looked like Tim Curry hamming it up.

Is this one scary?
>>
>>87557922
No
>>
>>87557809
He baited the young guys with beer and drugs I think. I'm wondering why these guys even thought about it. Even as a kid I'd never hang out at some fat old guys house
>>
>>87556833
I think they tried too hard to differentiate it from Curry's version and make it more overtly "scary" (read: edgy), and in doing so largely missed the point.

It's a bad design.
>>
>>87557170
>the director knew he wouldnt top Currys performance
But he did. Curry's performance was just downright silly
You nostalgia fags need to go away
>>
The forehead is all grey while the face is white. That way its so obvious that the forehead is just like a hat he put on being part of the prop. Lame.
>>
>>87556833
I think his suit looks cute, I like all the ruffles and puffy shoulders, he kinda looks like a creepy doll and I dig creepy dolls just that much.
>>
>>87558054
>largely missed the point
The clown was always supposed to be scary. It's goal was to scare people over time until they were tender enough to eat, because it literally feeds on fear.

That's why it didn't just grab the kids the first time it encountered them. Or disguise itself as a happy clown and just kill them when they aren't suspecting it.
>>
>>87558357
His performance was good for what it was.

The silliness added to the creepiness, because the kids all know that it's a shapeshifting killer clown, but instead of killing them it's just appearing randomly and without warning to put on some silly display and mock/scare them.

Imagine knowing a clown could appear at any time and kill you, but instead it just keeps turning up to honk it's nose at you. Each time it appears you don't know if it's there to kill you or give you a balloon animal.
>>
>>87557134
The CGI on the shot immediately following that where he bites his arm was so bad.
>>
>>87557795
suf is gr8
>>
File: the_dancing_clown.gif (4MB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
the_dancing_clown.gif
4MB, 720x304px
>>
>>87556833
The idea was to make him closer in age to the kids he terrorized. Or so I read. Can't remember why.
>>
>>87558665
>The silliness added to the creepiness
No, the silliness removed any aspect of creepiness. It was literally just Curry hamming it up
>>
>>87558948
You honestly can't see the creepiness of a killer clown who can appear anywhere at anytime, who obviously wants to kill you, but instead just appears occasionally to do silly jokes?
>>
He looks too obviously evil. Like why would any kids be lured in by something thats so obviously scary looking.
>>
>>87558865
God, I loved that effect of the camera focusing on his face like that.
>>
>>87558865
OPPA GANGNAM STYLE
>>
>>87559982
aside from the georgie scene pennywise never uses the clown form to entice and lure kids.
>>
>>87556833

I love that they made him wall eyed, made him more creepy without being more over the top.
>>
>>87559982
>Why would any kids be lured in
This is a misconception based on the opening scene.

He doesn't use the clown to lure people in, he uses it as a way to terrify the kids before finally killing them.

With Georgie he is weak, he has just woke up and he needs a snack. He has to try and get Georgie close enough, and you see him revert back to a more animalistic way a few times which almost loses him his meal, but he manages to suppress the urges and uses the boat as bait at the end.

The rest of the time he appears as something else that is terrifying and THEN becomes the clown. Which would make no sense if the clown was supposed to be luring the kids in.
>>
>>87560743
FUCKING THIS! too many retards saying :"hurrr they made him look scary!" he's supposed to be fucking scary, that's how he fucking feeds you dumb fucks
>>
>>87561148
to be fair the georgie scene badly twists the expectations of how Pennywise is supposed to act. it's reasonable for people to assume Pennywise is always supposed to be initially friendly to kids since he really gives off a pedo/child predator vibe.

honestly it's a really big fuckup on King's part.
>>
>>87561769
That makes sense if it's the only scene you see. But the rest of it makes it quite obvious that he isn't trying to lure in kids.
>>
File: IT-2017-Movie-Poster.jpg (81KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
IT-2017-Movie-Poster.jpg
81KB, 1200x600px
>>87561887
the georgie scene is the most iconic scene in the story and is the flagship image for all the posters for both the book, the miniseries, and this movie. that's what people are gonna base their judgment on.

But I like that the new movie actually has the characters state outright they're afraid of clowns. So at least it's obvious that Pennywise is SUPPOSED to be scary in his clown form.
>>
>>87562003
It's obvious he is supposed to be scary based on the fact that he appears as the clown right after appearing as something they are afraid of.

If anyone thought after that that the clown was for luring in kids, then they are probably retarded
>>
>>87558598
But it's not scary. It's about as scary as Heath ledger from dark Knight. It looks like a low budget video game villain
>>
>>87557059
This shit is horrifying. The new one looks gay
>>87557162
Reminds me of Chucky. So scary....
>>
>>87556833
MOMS GONNA FREAK
>>
>>87557162
>shitty lighting

That's the least of its problems.
>>
>>87562395
MY DAD'S GONNA KILL ME
>>
>>87557332
Antishills are pathetic
>>
>oh look it's another horror story where the "monster" has supernatural powers and rules of physics don't apply to it, how creative.

How much of a lazy writer to do you have to be?
>>
>>87557614
Because it makes it less scary
>>
>>87562625
Or perhaps studying the monster would lead to break throughs in science and help us have a better understanding of physics.
>>
>>87562746
>Or perhaps studying the monster would lead to break throughs in science
>Studying a monster that can render itself invisible to adults and change into any form it wants
Good luck with that.
>>
>>87558598
Yeah, but what they made isn't scary. It looks like something from an Insane Clown Posse video.
>>
>>87563324
You say that, but everyone is complaining that they made it too overtly scary.

Horror is subjective anyway. What's scary to you isn't scary to other people.
>>
>>87556883
>random drool
He was a hungry dog trying to contain himself during the beginning scene. Not saying this movie was smart, but it was too much for you it seems.
>>
Can the actor talk, or can he only whisper? I understand he's nowhere near as charismatic as Curry, but he could have at least tried. I don't think the actor was very good, seems like they tried to mask that fact with lots of CGI and movements.
>>
>>87557403
Not bad for a mini series that a lot of people didn't even see.
I swear, when I was a kid no one I knew including me had ever actually seen it, but we all knew about the Georgie scene somehow, and stayed away from storm drains
>>
>>87562625
id rather have 10 IT remakes and reboots than anymore of that demons and ghosts bullshit. im so thirsty ill take anything other i can get.
>>
>>87558390
It's called lighting you fucking moron.
>>
>>87563594
>that CGI where he jumps

damn this looks bad
>>
File: pennywise2.jpg (1015KB, 1299x1892px) Image search: [Google]
pennywise2.jpg
1015KB, 1299x1892px
>>87556833
movie sucked ass
too long with long boring nothing happening scenes
the supposed scary scenes get ruined by the terrible fake looking cgi (even movies before 2000 have better cgi)
and the bunny teeth make pennywise look pathetic.

worst movie i've seen this year
>>
>>87557059
Curry was much more creepy due to fact taht actor was older and look like actual pedo clown.. Modern IT would be amazing with Curry and a better director who focus on the creepy stuff rather than jumpscares and lous noises
>>
File: captain spaulding.jpg (35KB, 608x352px) Image search: [Google]
captain spaulding.jpg
35KB, 608x352px
>>87565199
all the cgi looked terrible
ruined the movie for me.
it looked so fake and goofy it removed the supposed being scary part
>>
>>87556833
They ruined him with the shitty twitchy running "ooga booga" jump scares. He suppose to feed on their fear. He could make them afraid by subtle shit like the baloons or moving photos inside old newspapers.
>>
>>87557778
Always
Be
Closing
>>
Better than Tim. By a fucking slingshot. Stop comparing them, they are two distinctly different takes and in my opinion this one deviates from the book in all the right ways while also being much closer to the book than Tim was. Tim is a great actor and incredible to watch in the miniseries, but a good Pennywise he did not make.
>>
>>87566226
I meant long shot. Fuck this phone lmao
>>
does he ever phase in and out like in the mini series?
@:48 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeFDFJNJ-c8
>>
>>87566319
>fatboy

OH MY GOD THIS IS SO PROBLEMATIC
>>
>>87566226
>Compares them
>Stop comparing them
Are you retarded?
>>
>>87557390
It wasn't supposed to be a remake its a reimagining of the book
>>
>>87563259
>what are delusions
>>
I really like nu Pennywise design and thought Skarsgard did a great job. My biggest complaint is that his costume should use brighter colors. The washed-out gray look is boring and drab whereas something like this >>87565266 looks much more surreal and creepy.
>>
>>87565291
What American horror director doesn't do that?
>>
>>87556833
SHILL MK2
>>
File: RxnLfYx.jpg (205KB, 1105x439px) Image search: [Google]
RxnLfYx.jpg
205KB, 1105x439px
Look like fucking shit, this isn't even a clown dress.
>>
File: 010.jpg (6KB, 85x83px) Image search: [Google]
010.jpg
6KB, 85x83px
>>87557332
>Suck 'em. Suck these big blue BALLS! My balls will float in your mouth, Georgie. My cum with float down your thhrroooaaat ha :3
>Geor-....ugh....Georgie your little tiny mouth is tickling my balls :o Georgie you're like a tiny puppy nibbling on my big BALLOONS Georgie...

>I beat you because I wanted to FUCK you, Bevvie, that's all I wanted to do, I wanted to FUCK you, I wanted to EAT you, I wanted to eat your PUSSY, I wanted to SUCK your CLIT up between my teeth, YUM-YUM, Bevvie, oooohhhhh, YUMMY ...

Guess which one King wrote
>>
File: topkek.gif (649KB, 480x228px) Image search: [Google]
topkek.gif
649KB, 480x228px
>>87568565
That fucking pic
>>
>>87556833
He doesn't look scary

What's up with the forehead and the buckteeth

Wasn't Pennywise supposed to be based on the childrens' memories of real clowns, why does he look like a CGI character?
>>
>>87557332
>>87568950
I lost.
>>
>>87569333
>What's up with the forehead and the buckteeth
Supposed to evoke spider imagery - abdomen, chelicerae and fangs.
>>
>>87566319
No
>>
>Richie made fun of jews, made fun of the fat kid and made fun of the girl
Was he one of the minions of Pennywise? Is taht why he was never scared by him?
>>
>>87569575
>Was he one of the minions of Pennywise?
Not necessary, he was cringy as is.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.