[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General Leia's role wasn't modified in episode 8 despite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: trgfhgfh.jpg (92KB, 566x707px) Image search: [Google]
trgfhgfh.jpg
92KB, 566x707px
What did Disney mean by this?
>>
>>87556790
that indeed, General Leia's role wasn't modified in episode 8 despite carried Fisher's death
>>
>>87556822
It doesn't make any sense, they can't just write her off in episode 9 as if she didn't exist without any justification.
>>
>>87556858
The film will start with her funeral. Problem solved. Also everyone knows she died, so no one cares about her unexplained death in the movie.
>>
>>87556790
Guess that means they killed her off in 8 anyways. Luke and Chewie will be next to go in 9 mark my words.
>>
>>87556858
I'm pretty sure she dies, and even if she doesn't, they would just relegate her to a minor role in Ep9 and make her CG.
>>
>>87556858
1. Yes they can
2. Even if they didn't they would probably just CGI her into the movie anyway
>>
>>87556963
Not really since they already admitted Leia was supposed to play a big role in 9, that's why they are writing a new script. Then they say 8 hasn't changed, they're full of shit.
>>
>>87556790
She dies on the way back to her home planet in-between 8 and 9
>>
>>87556969
Luke atleast one trilogy to go, not as main but as a mentor side character
>>
>>87556790
They planned a fake out death cliffhanger into the next film. Now the character is just dead. They didn't have to change anything in VIII but they will have to change around IX.
>>
>>87556790

How unfortunate that JJ Abrahms and Kathleen Kennedy sidelined Leia in the Force Awakens. In The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, she was implied by Yoda, Luke and Vader to have *As Much* potential in the Force as Luke (a potential that actually was explored in the Expanded Universe novels). If JJ Abrahms and Kathleen Kennedy wanted to show female a Force user and develop alternative perspectives on the nature of the Force, they should have used Leia. As a diplomat, leader, and mother, she could have used and been guided by the Force in ways we've not seen onscreen yet. Mediating disputes between contentious factions after the fall of the Empire. Inspiring hope, courage and forgiveness in those who follow her. The maternal instinct to protect and sacrifice for her children. These are just a three new and compelling ways Leia could have demonstrated how the Light Side of the Force can be used for good.

What a shame JJ Abrahms and Kathleen Kennedy did Leia and Carrie Fisher such a disservice. Instead of developing a beloved and classic character in a way that elevated the story and universe of Star Wars, they took a page from fanfiction.net and inserted Rey.

Now Carrie Fisher is dead, and their failure is complete.
>>
>>87557666
They could have had Leia running the Jedi Academy and have Luke be the new dark evil guy but nah none of these characters can develop so Han has to be a smuggler, Leia is a general for the Resistance, and Luke is a Jedi guy.
>>
>>87557020
Obi-Wan died in 4, but still had a role in 5 & 6.
>>
>>87556790

Leia will be killed offscreen at the beginning of episode 9.
>>
File: ty.jpg (7KB, 239x297px) Image search: [Google]
ty.jpg
7KB, 239x297px
>>87557666
What the creators of The Farce Engorges did to the original heroes of Star Wars was outright criminal, especially after you rewatch the ending of RotJ.
>>
>>87558057
Not a big role, small scenes as a Force Ghost. in these feminized Nu-wars, it's obvious leia was having a bigger part but Carrie lost the will to live when she saw TFA and then Rogue One. Watch her interviews, she hated the general outfit they gave her and the close ups on her face but KK and JJ didn't even care, it was all about making huge money for the shareholders
>>
>>87558287
>30 years of hard drugs
>dies because she didn't like stuff in a movie

Shut the fuck up, midwife droid.
>>
TFA didn't really care about explaining shit anyway.
>poe dies
>suddenly not dead
They can do the same with Leia. Something like "oh and now she's dead btw".
>>
>>87556790
>General Leia
So she isn't a princess anymore?
>>
>>87558656
>They can do the same with Leia. Something like "oh and now she's dead btw".
>And she was actually a trained Jedi.
>>
>>87558585
I'm convinced these new movies could have been a therapy had they been done right. But Disney delivered a deadly poison. TFA is one of the most depressing movies I've ever seen. It's mind boggling that they were trying to emulate ANH which is the most satisfying movie ever made
>>
>>87558182
>CRIMINAL! CRIMINAL I SAY!
Kek begone thot.
>>
>>87558685
>Disney
>not a princess
really makes you think
>>
>>87558685
Considering her planet was destroyed, yes.
>>
>>87558685
monarchy is just a different kind of dictatorship
>>
>>87558685
Stronk womyn can't be princesses anymore, it's disempowering...
>>
>>87560696
>Old and wrinkly womyn can't be princesses anymore, it weakens the Disney Princess ™ line of merchandising...

Fixed that for you
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.