[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just finished Bojack's 4th season. What did you guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 35

File: 1488601033_giphy (3).gif (1MB, 611x338px) Image search: [Google]
1488601033_giphy (3).gif
1MB, 611x338px
So I just finished Bojack's 4th season. What did you guys think?
Did you like the wholesome ending compared to the devastating one in 3rd season?

I also have a question about the events in the second to last episode when Bojack's mother, when a child, got woken up by her maids throwing her books in the fire followed up by her dad burning her doll as well. Why did that all happen?
>>
>>87551622
she had scarlet fever so all her stuff had to be burnt
>>
Worst season yet. The less likeable characters got worae.
>>
Better than oh god it's another downward spiral of our hero bojack how deep will he fall down next season stay tuned
>>
Absolutely loved it. Best moment of the season was when Bojack was fucking one of the "Hollyhock's mother"-candidates and couldn't come until Hollyhock told him how disgusting he was.

>>87551622
>Why did that all happen?
Dangerous germs. She was ill earlier in the ep.
>>
File: 1466687991432.png (56KB, 209x248px) Image search: [Google]
1466687991432.png
56KB, 209x248px
>>87553043
>>
>>87551622

It wasn't wholesome. It was the reverse of season 3. Things were looking up for Bojack but had fallen to shit for the others. Except Todd but who cares about that faggot ?
>>
>>87553336
Jesus Christ, you have no idea how many blog posts and articles there are online about how "BoJack Horseman is the first show to portray an asexual character right," and how "Todd is so brave to be an asexual."

I'm not even joking. Google it. It's absurd, I also discovered there's an asexual support forum. How many of these fucking people are just pretending?
>>
>>87553408
>How many of these fucking people are just pretending?

I imagine there are a lot of autists who have trouble forming relationships who might mistake that for being asexual.
>>
>>87553408
Where the fuck asexuals need a support forum for? You don't have sex. End of story. Why the fuck would that be a problem?
>>
>>87553513
>>87553585
I have to assume that pretend asexuals are more malevolent than "can't get laid," but maybe something more like announcing asexuality makes them seem more interesting, gets them attention, and makes them think people will "take that as a challenge."
>>
>>87553408
>>87553513
>>87553585
>>87554287
To be fair, there was that episode with the support group where the dude was hinting that Todd was taking it a bit too far.

And the pink lady was like
>yeah dude, I know...
Also, what fucking animal was she?
>>
File: axolotl.jpg (25KB, 250x184px) Image search: [Google]
axolotl.jpg
25KB, 250x184px
>>87554424
An axolotl.
>>
Absolute sjw garbage. The number of strawman arguments against white males to pander to a particular audience is sickening. Had to stop after episode 5. Fuck soros netflix
>>
>>87555643
hahaha fucking kill yourself you autist
>>
>>87555643
/Pol/, please, back to your containment board.
>>
The stuff with his mom was some of the best TV in recent history. Maybe its because it's something I think about a lot. I usually think BoJack is overly dramatic, but this was great

Everything else was garbage except for Todd with the clowns
>>
>>87551622
The season was a lot faster in pacing than the previous ones but the ending was the worst in terms of emotional impact of them all.

Also they have no idea where to go with Todd. None whatsoever.
>>
Loved this season. Binged watched it earlier today. Really liked the episode where Bojack's mom (Beatrice, right? Can never remember their names), has dementia and goes on this crazy memory lane trip. Found it fascinating.
>>
>Diane tells Mr.Peanutbutter about her fantasy of what she always wanted in a house and how special the fantasy was to her
>He takes his time and money to create the perfect library for her, straight out of her fantasy because he wants her to feel like it's her home as well
>REEEEEEEEEEE THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO STAY A FANTASY WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS WITHOUT TELLING ME?
Who the fuck even likes Diane? She's a massive fucking cunt who literally threw a tantrum over a huge romantic gesture, and even acted like a spiteful bitch when he explained how he was feeling and why he did it
>>
>>87556482
>Everything else was garbage except for Todd with the clowns

Just fucking go back to watching Rick And Morty.
>>
File: 1496466656249.gif (408KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1496466656249.gif
408KB, 250x250px
>>87553408
>>87553336
>>87553585
>>87554424

okay but todd is the worst character in the show

>haha im getting character development!
>just kidding im retarded and its all gone
>haha! another episode or two of character development for todd!
>durr i like spaghetti xd
>okay, season 3, todd is getting development finally! oh shit hes rich!
>hurpady! i lost the check xDDD *audience explodes with laughter*

He might as well wink at the camera. This "character that has read the script" garbage needs to stop.
>>
>>87557008
I can't hate todd this season since he had the only redeeming line in that abortion which was episode 5.
>>
>>87556966

I did not get her reaction either, feel forced to add drama.
>>
>>87553585
Maybe because it'd be nearly impossible to sustain a relationship with someone who did have sexual desires, no matter how much you loved them. Some people just want to talk to other people, do be understood. Or even to find someone for a relationship where you're both on the same terms
>>
>>87556966
>>87558237
I think it was over the top as well, but i think what they were going for was the fact that Mr Peanutbutter did it despite the fact she'd said she doesn't like grand gestures before, even though he didn't have any malicious intent.

It was supposed to a straw that broke the camel's back, making her realise that even if they could squint and see the perfect, they were just too different from each other for the relationship to ever work out
>>
>>87558237
There exist people like Diane in real life. And they are perpetually miserable people.
>>
>>87558899

It just seemed like she was just looking for an out. It's a really lovely romantic gesture, you don't react like that unless you're looking for any excuse to bring the whole marriage crashing down
>>
>>87559100
t b h she probably was looking for an out, I think that's what the whole "Lets go to Hawaii instead of the rest of our lives" was about. Then they squinted for a bit and had a nice time at the motel, but they got back, and the whole room gesture was just a massive "nope, not gonna work" for her
>>
Todd feels like a bit of a wasted opportunity this season IMO. I personally don't mind the asexual identity shit, but I don't think it's a good enough hook to become Todd's "thing" this season, alongside all of his shenanigans.

What I did enjoy is episode 3. Him being the person everyone takes for granted. He goes around, doing the best he can, trying to help everyone, and besides peanutbutter, who's peanutbutter, no one really acknowledges him for real. IMO, the whole him missing the Triangle thing at the end could be a really great end of season hook of him finally looking after himself for real.

Other than that, I really enjoyed the season. Hell, I even enjoyed the Diane Bojack-ing things up thing a lot. The mom subplot was legit great, and the final line of the season gave the biggest shit-eating grin that stayed for quite a while.
>>
>>87555643
>there are people in this world who actually have this line of thought about a show which is pretty much built on magnification of Hollywood culture

Like, just... how do you function?
>>
The ending of episode 11 was the turning point for Bojack as a character. The last scene when his mother finally recognizes him, and when he finally has the chance to tell her off for all of the shitty things she did to him, and to Hollyhock. And he can't bring himself to do anything but comfort her. I think that was the most powerful scene of the season, and having a less than stellar mother, I think that was the most relatable for me as well.
>>
>>87555643

I wonder just how much of shit like this is false flagging.
>>
>>87555162

A qt
>>
>>87556966

She is supposed to be female bojack, but instead of outright self loathing she believes she is doing whats right and makes the world a better place. She cant get along with mr pb for the same reason bojack doesnt, he is just too nice. He always sees the best in everything and everyone and she resents him for it cause she is so jaded just like bojack. The nicer he is, the better he treats her, the more she will push him away.
>>
File: EATGRAPE.jpg (53KB, 600x357px) Image search: [Google]
EATGRAPE.jpg
53KB, 600x357px
>>87551622
I felt what worked this season, really really worked and the show to me is as strong as it has ever been in those regards, but man, it was a real mixed bag of highs and lows.

I'm so sick of the show sucking Todd's dick all the time and never coming down on him the same way it does for anyone else who would make the same kinds of mistakes, he was wrong about being butthurt towards Bojack over 2 of his friends sleeping together, had no sexual agency of her own and it was all his fault, that alone was so poorly handled that I thought the show would call him out for it, but it just never did and acted like he was in the right, and after he lets Todd just live in his house for years he acts like Bojack is the problem here. Then we just have him flailing around and being goofy in wacky antics to cause more problems that the show openly loves him for, even though he is responsible for the whole fracking thing that lead to someone being roasted alive and eaten, but again no accountability because he's just like a little kid of the series who doesn't know what he's doing and it's so adorable!

The incredibly shoehorned-in, unfunny political issues handled with 0 depth or complexity were just dire. The asexuality thing never really felt like it was a big part of Todd's identity before but now it is so we can tongue their asses for SJW brownie points. They almost had something with their look into the issue of female empowerment through guns, it's an interesting topic that the show looked like it was going to do justice but just wrote it off as "MUH SEXISM" by making all the men cartoonishly sexist and all women innocent victims of le patriarchy, that was really squandered potential and I would have expected better given how well the rest of the show turned out.

Outside of these things and the jokes about Princess Caroline saying tongue twisters, I really really liked this season, and if I watch it again I'm just going to skip out these parts.
>>
Contrarians will say that episode 11 wasn't the best episode.
>>
>>87551622
My thoughts is Hollyhock T H I C C af lmao *dabs*
>>
>>87560183
every season has at least one moment where the writers are awkwardly tripping over some extremely overt political thing. I feel like I'm pretty leftist but the strawmanning does leave a bad taste in my mouth. I give them props for somehow avoiding shoehorning in trump mentions.
Other than that it was a lot more satisfying a season than previous ones. Fleshing out his mom and using all those concurrent storylines was very engaging. I think this show is good at doing eps that break completely away from the mold, and in this season the dementia episode was probably the best example of that.

Overall good show, I really cannot stand Todd though. The asexuality thing is so forced and ultimately he just acts as the vehicle for all the really stupid unfunny shit.
>>
>>87560458
Yeah, I'm glad they didn't get all "MUH TRUMP" as much as I feared they would, I just would like the show to kind of stick to what it does best instead of trying to get political and do it in such an un-nuanced manner that just kind of sticks out the show.

Again, I want to say that I still loved the season, everything to do with Bojack's story was absolute gold.
>>
>>87551622

She had scarlet fever.
>>
>>87552656
>Worst season yet
Wrong. It's the best and most consistent season they've done.

>The less likeable characters got worae.
There really was no point at all for Todd to be in this season.The clown dentists had some good gags her and there but a good chunk of it just felt like filler. Diane wasn't very interesting but I wouldn't say it got worse.
>>
>>87555643
A lot of it was pretty anti left though. Quite a bit of it hit on both sides too. Like them hiding the hawaii bride funds in the ski competition or the media fixating on the governer's hands. They even portrayed guns as a useful tool for self defense and there banning as a foolish solution for a complicated problem.
>>
I'm curious, what are your predictions for S5 developments?
>>
>>87559721
Dollars to donuts the creator of H had a shitty relationship with his mother.

Similar thing with David Chase/The Sopranos
>>
One thing I don't fucking get. When was Hollyhock born, the year 2000? Right? She's 17. That means her father - Bojack's father - had the affair with the maid... in 1999? Those flashbacks weren't very 1999. Bojack's parents were much too young for that to be 1999. C'mon.
>>
if they hadn't pushed the asexuality thing onto Todd, he would've been my favorite character. I would've liked him better as a gay man. He's the only character who can manage to live the holliwood life without suffering any backlash from it and he remains true to himself. He's like the Tom Bombadil of the series. He has no particular talent, he's not good looking, nor smart, yet he navigates life on a daily basis with a positive attitude. He's neither a nihilist like Bojack nor an extreme optimist like Mr. PB. Why the fuck did they ruin his character by making him follow the sjw genderfluidity fashion?
>>
>>87561381
no they weren't. They were around 60 approximately
>>
>>87561088
Diane and PB's divorce, obviously. Both of them trying to deal with that. PC giving everything she has to get this movie going. Bojack (hopefully) continuing to try to better himself, trying to maintain his new sibling relationship, actually trying to help PC with this movie, help Diane, and maybe even PB coping with their separation. And my personal hopes, for him to fully reconcile with Todd. He might fuck it up hard, maybe by jumping ship on the movie, fucking Diane, or some other thing. Also, I can see Bea dying next season, and Bojack dealing with it.

Dunno what Todd himself is gonna do though. What, he has this thing with the weird pink axolttltl whatever fish thing, and probably some more random shenanigans.

>>87561381
She was born in the late 30s, so she'd be around 60 in 1999. I think they look the part, especially Butterscotch. We can just go with her aging well or something
>>
>tfw no psychologically abusive Jessica Biel ex-wife
>>
>>87561088
Diane fucks Bojack (which puts a dent in his slow improvement because she drags him into self-hate) after divorcing Mr Peanutbutter, who comes to despise Bojack for it since it's similar to what happened with both of his previous wives. Bojack's mother will die and that'll be the "sad" episode. I hope there's more development with Hollyhock, she has potential as a character.
I'm interested to see where Princess Caroline goes. The breakup with the mouse guy was very sudden for me and there was no real reason for her to freak out on him, so I wonder if they'll get back together. I can see Bojack having to help her for once, a reversal of the way it'd been for the previous seasons.
Todd, I don't care.

Realistically though it'll probably be Colbert tier political garbage. The interview with that guy made it sound like the show was completely switching focus, so I don't have high hopes.
>>
>>87561711
>swn light famous actor Zach Braff on fire in your house and then eat him
Why even live?
>>
>>87561503
I don't know, I didn't think it was that bad. If they'd made him gay he'd have turned into a flamer stereotype. At least he's still pretty much the same here aside from a few HEY GUYS I'M ASEXUAL moments.
>>
>>87562105
>The breakup with the mouse guy was very sudden for me and there was no real reason for her to freak out on him
She just keeps having abortions and can't handle it and he liked how 'easy' going out with her was, basically he couldn't deal with how broken she actually is inside despite how perfect she's on the outside.
>>
>>87561711
>she voiced herself

how must it feel to get the line "less talented Michelle Monaghan" thrown at you?
>>
>>87562327
I would assume you mean miscarriages
>>
What did the show mean by this?
>>
>>87551622
It was a very good season, but some of the characters are showing their age now.

The Diane/MPB pairing has been completely played out now and needs to end, Princess Carolyn needs to have a proper piece of character development instead of teasing.
>>
When does the soundtrack release?
>>
>>87562611
That would be already
>>
I think pretty much everyone this board was somewhat pissed with the gun control episode just because of it's statement on women. That's the sort of level of delusion that the show normally bullies and I don't know how it got in
>inb4 it's satire
But they clearly believe (and expect us to believe it), hence the joke.

Otherwise the season was incredible. The only other thing that I'd criticise is that they spent way too much screentime on the election. It was really well handled, and brilliantly written. But for a character-based show, devoting that much time to a fictional election which only tangentially actually affects the characters seemed like a waste.
(I would've much rather seen Bojack stay as a judge on that show for a couple of episodes or something but whatever)
>>
>>87561088
Things start looking up for Bojack, career resurgence, and he ends up seeing a psychatris. Dunno where it'll lead, maybe Penny comes out publicly about what Bojack did and he's blacklisted.

PB and Diane have to break up, their characterisation is shit when they're together.

Princess Carolyn needs to have some kind of ultimatium placed on her, maybe her doctor tells her the stress of her job is causing miscarriages and she needs to quit. Could lead to interesting characterisation where the busybody cat needs to settle down.

I don't care about Todd, they've done nothing the past 2 seasons to invest me in the character, I don't care where he's taken now.
>>
>>87562501
le /r/nocontext xD
>>
After this season, I'm certain that season 5 will be the most depressing so far.
Relatively, s4 wasn't that sad. It had its moments, and was consistently heavy. But a lack of deaths, drug-fueled benders and a somewhat happy ending for Bojack made it feel nice. And they would only do this so as to make the next pit that much worse
>>
Do we all agree that PC's flashback story of her ancestors first arriving in America was fucking kino?
>>
>>87551622
They should really stop doing those gimmick episodes (like the one with PC's granddaughter.
>>
>>87562142
>I'm good at monologues at the end of episodes
>Gets set on fire killed and eaten

My sides great cameos.

Also woodchucks hands gags
>>
>>87563053
But the feels at the end it was a good episode but had a sloppy start and to many record scratches
>>
>>87551622
Todd has been very obnoxious since he left Bojack's appartment (and even before that he wasn't an interesting character)
Diane and Mr. Peanutbutter's individual stories and their relationship didn't go anywhere this season.
Princess was alright.
Bojack's story was good until the eleventh episode. Hollyhock not being his daughter kind of ruins everything that came before, and put the hereditary depression thing to an abrupt halt.

3 > 2 > 1 > powergap > 4
>>
>>87563423
>put the hereditary depression thing to an abrupt halt
I mean, she's still her father's daughter. None of the Horsemans or Sugarmans we've ever seen in the series, save for potentially the soldier had a particularly 'nice' life.
>>
>>87563909
Is there some scene about Bojack's father from an earlier season that I'm forgetting? This season was clearly aiming for a Beatrice's mother --> Beatrice --> Bojack --> Hollyhock connection, with Bojack's father not being the source of hereditary depression. Bojack's father dissatisfaction with life is implied to come from the sudden marriage, making it not something hereditary.
>>
>>87562904
this so much

I felt like I was watching beautiful cinema

and the ending of that ep. I've had HIMYM on my mind but IT FUCKING HURT.
>>
>>87559792
Most of it is. The overwhelming majority knows not to mix colours with whites.
>t. /pol/
>>
>girl getting knocked up by a horse
This show is a furfag's wetdream
>>
>>87560286
Time's Arrow, Underground, and The Sugarman House were the top three episodes of the season, for me.

11 was just so fucking good I had to watch it at least three times.
>>
File: hmmmmmmm.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmmmmm.gif
2MB, 460x259px
>>87560183
>EATGRAPE

But those are plums.
>>
>>87551622
She was sick so they burned all her belongings contaminated with her illness to help her get better.
>>
>>87562774
>Otherwise the season was incredible. The only other thing that I'd criticise is that they spent way too much screentime on the election. It was really well handled, and brilliantly written. But for a character-based show, devoting that much time to a fictional election which only tangentially actually affects the characters seemed like a waste.
>(I would've much rather seen Bojack stay as a judge on that show for a couple of episodes or something but whatever)

Yeah this is probably the biggest thing for me. For me the characters are what make the show, so seeing a huge portion (not all of, mind) of this election take place without placing much focus on the impact upon the characters and their relationships just made it feel far less engaging as a subplot.

It introduced us proper to PB's ex's better though I guess, so hopefully the show will do something with that. There were hints towards it going that way in PB's/Diane's argument in the final episode.
>>
>>87562904
The song sounded like Look Down from Les Mis.
>>
Who dies in Season 5? My vote is Mr. PB
>Can't handle the emotions induced by a third divorce, euthanizes himself.
>>
>>87562327
Not so much couldn't deal as didn't know. Part of the reason for that is that she refused to let him in. He never got the chance to show whether or not he could deal with it, but she took the fact that he doesn't see through her functional facade very hard.
>>
>>87562783
Retard alert. Diane and MPB are awful together but they've literally been heading towards a break up from the very first season.
>>
Bojack, Mr PB and PC all had great stories this season.

The Diane and Todd stuff was just painful. No one, not even the types it tried to pander to enjoyed it.

Todd was probably the thing Season 1 did better than the others. He had barely any interaction with Bojack this season, and it really shows just how much has changed since then. Todd wasn't supposed to be his own character, unless he was actually developed into a character, one that's self critical and bad things happen to like the other characters. Instead, they just treat him as the constant victim of everyone else. It's like a left over effect of him originally being Bojack's wacky sidekick.

Honestly the show should just drop Diane's role as the second lead character. She's just not interesting enough and far, far too whiny. Everything she gets angry at others about is objectively her own problem.
>>
>>87564072
Except Beatrice's episode was basically beating you over the head with the point that her depression was environmental and caused by a shittons of different factors rather than just her mother. Regardless of the cause of the Sugarman/Horseman depression Hollyhock wasn't showing signs of actual depression, she was showing signs of teenage angst which, when viewed under the lens with which the audience sees her until it's revealed she's Bojack's sister, looks a lot like depression. It was a misdirect. At least I hope it was because in any other cases it's a bit of an oversight unless we get more background on Butterscotch or Henrietta but I think at this point it would.feel like a cheap retcon.
>>
if you didn't cry at the end of 4x09, you are dead inside.
>>
>>87566701
I enjoyed the Diane stuff. I get why /tv/ doesn't like it but eh I'm not that easily butthurt. Todd's stuff was boring at its worst
>>
File: bojack-son of uncle cuck.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bojack-son of uncle cuck.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>87568072
it's a misspelling of son of uncle chuck and the son is named sneed
>>
>>87562783
>almost fucked a legal girl
>blacklisted
not likely
>>
>>87561088
DRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPFFFFFT
>>
>>87568072
There was an Uncle Cuck poster in an earlier episode.
>>
>>87556966
she's a woman
>>
File: diane 2.jpg (4KB, 168x192px) Image search: [Google]
diane 2.jpg
4KB, 168x192px
>Ruins everything
>>
File: Todd bojack.jpg (71KB, 360x405px) Image search: [Google]
Todd bojack.jpg
71KB, 360x405px
Todd and Diane are two of of the shittiest characters in the entire show.

I used to find Todd pretty fun at the beginning, but he's really starting to wear down on me.
>>
>>87564762
They are just big grapes.
>>
>rewatching season 2
>Wanda's introduction
>tfw no Wanda gf
Kill me now
>>
>>87570279
Kill Todd off in season 5.
>>
>>87570077
>it's another "Diane soapbox" episode
AAAAAND SKIPPED
>>
>>87559475
agree 100%, Todd with the triangle should have been his season cliffhanger
>>
redditjack
>>
>>87570279
>>87570279
that mouse from the hollywoo game show episode was right about him
>>
I thought Bea died at the end of the 11th episode but it wasn't brought up in the finale so I guess not.
>>
Does anyone else get the impression that PC never actually read the Philbert script? She didn't seem to know the plot when explaining it to Turteltaub, clock people or Bojack, and they seemed pretty overt about her just keeping it in her hand when she was back in the flat, and Bojack seemed disappointed/pulled a face as he turned to the first page. I'm thinking it will turn out that it's actually terrible and PC just likes the idea of it and not it itself. It could set in motion a change of events for another downward spiral for PC or Bojack again.
>>
My two favorite episodes this season were the one where we hear Bojack's inner thoughts and the one with his mother's dementia. Also I liked the little illustrations and animation they added to the stories.

>>87556966
Fucking this. I get Diane isn't supposed to be all there, but that was just too much.
>>
File: 1484000738351.jpg (34KB, 604x513px) Image search: [Google]
1484000738351.jpg
34KB, 604x513px
>>87560096
>She is supposed to be female bojack
It doesn't work though because Bojack had a shitty childhood that influence his self hatred and his views on women and family. And he's at least completely one hundred percent honest about his feelings towards other people.

Diane doesn't work because besides have different views about certain things, she's still got a good decent family that did love her. And she had a husband who cared about her and did his damnedest to make make it work. It honestly felt like she was the one purposefully sabotaging things just so she could find things to be upset about. Even when Peanut Butter is being honest and sharing his feelings and trying to make things work she will continually lie about her feelings, get mad at him for the dumbest shit, and pretty much cause every single problem. Like the Fracking thing. They wouldn't even have had fracking if she hadn't had the brilliant idea to challenge him publicly so he would have to make a show of his support.

There's nothing readeamable about her. Diane isn't even satisfied with just keeping her shitty life to herself. She has to go and make sure everybody else's life is shitty too. And she would have been like this whether Bojack entered her life or not. Funny, I thought she was at least decent in Season 1 but that was before we got more of her. When she was just the person writing Bojack's biography and being the vessel for the audience to observe him she was an okay character. But she's just completely useless now.
>>
File: Joseph_Sugarman.jpg (28KB, 310x381px) Image search: [Google]
Joseph_Sugarman.jpg
28KB, 310x381px
Reminder that he did nothing wrong
>>
Am I the only one who was super turned on by that grasshopper chick in episode 4?
>>
>>87570671
>Does anyone else get the impression that PC never actually read the Philbert script

I thought that was kind of the point.
>>
>>87570077
Is she half giraffe?
>>
>>87570671
She very obviously didn't read it
But I assumed Bojack sighed when he read it because it was a dark detective drama and he earlier said how much he wanted to avoid that sort of thing
>>
>>87562783
>>87568594
Honestly in style with the show I bet it'll go like this

>Penny tells Bojack she's going to come forward with the information
>He's made progress, and tries to tell her that he's a different horse now
>She doesn't believe him, announces it anyway
>Being Hollywoo, the scandal isn't detrimental and even boosts his publicity
>Penny cries and Bojack comforts her, wholesome ending

Honestly I think it'd make a good episode.
>>
>>87570684
It also bugged me that Todd was also responsible for the whole fracking thing but nobody called him out for it. His negligence lead to Zach Braff being killed, but I guess you could say that was a good thing.
>>
Was gonna ask why they covered up Henrietta's face in ep 11 but then I figured it was because we were seeing the flashback from the viewpoint of an 80 year old horse with dementia
>>
>>87563099
When I first heard that it was actually Braff voicing him I fucking lost it.
>>
This season really went overboard with all of those dumb assonance gags (the "Portnoy in Roy MCoy's Void Boys starring the The Noid" - type jokes). I fucking hate them. Does anyone find those funny?

Other than that, I thought it was a really good season. The episode where we hear Bojack's internal monologue was amazing.
>>
>>87571180
>Diane gets on her soapbox and calls Bojack a sexist dick
>Bojack gets sick of Diane's shit and tell her off
>Diane kills herself and finally does the world a favor
>>
>>87564762
aren't they sloughs? Sloes? Slows?
>>
Anyone think Bea actually recognised HollyHock first time she saw her with BoJack, hence the "oh, it's you" thing?Feels pretty obvious to me after the foreshadowing about diamond on the nose.Seeing BoJack as Henrietta she probably associated her with HollyHock.
>>
File: boi.jpg (27KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
boi.jpg
27KB, 640x638px
>>87570704
Take my (you) you fucking slag
>>
Is Judah a Jew?
>>
>>87571562
Go ahead and prove me wrong
Protip: it is impossible
>>
>>87571425
That's what I thought, too. Bea clearly knows who Hollyhock is the entire time (I don't remember her being confused about her), and we never hear who Bea thinks she is.
>>
>>87567529
I teared up a bit. The crying came from the second half of 4x10 all of the way until the end.
>>
>>87566701
>Everything she gets angry at others about is objectively her own problem
>Bojack Horseman

I understand what you are saying, but it is kinda the point
>>
The season jumped around to much
>>
>>87555643
kill yourself /pol/
>>
>>87571232

If she remembered Henrietta’s face, she wouldn’t think Bojack was Henrietta.
>>
>>87571232
>>87571836
I think Henrietta is a different thing. Every other face other than Bea, her dad, Butterscotch, and that goat is a simple plain face, nothing more.
Henrietta has a bunch of fucking scribbles all over it. I'm thinking that's more her trying to forget her rather than the actual dementia.
>>
>>87556966
Mr. Peanut Butter doesn't actually care to actually know anything about Diane. All of his relationships are entirely superficial and predicated on the assumption that he can do whatever bullshit he wants and everyone will just love him for it. He hides behind his general desire to be "a good person" and his idiocy to obscure the fact that he treats everyone in his life like shit.

He runs for governor for completely selfish reasons despite not actually giving a shit about politics, and never gives half a shit about how anyone in his life feels.

This room was just the last straw. Yes Diane has major faults, but Mr. PB is never able to reach something that even approaches a basic understanding of how his wife feels and thinks about things, and that is why she got upset.
>>
>>87568125
bastard
>>
>>87559475
Todd just isn't a strong enough character for me to give a shit about him.
>>
>>87571704
I welled up a bit at the final scene with BoJack and Bea in episode 11 and also the last part of the finale when HollyHock says "but I never had a brother".Felt really bad for PC also.
>>
>>87572069
Mr PB does actually know what Diane likes (her birthday in season 2, getting her the tickets to that thing she wanted in season 1, etc), but generally goes overboard to appease himself. He understands her, but doesn't care deep down. His relationships are just distractions from his fear of death and the void.
>>
>>87572194
Yeah, Todd is definitely the least interesting character and they just tacked the Asexual tag onto to him to fake character development and also win brownie points with ESS JAY DUBYAS, a cheap way of killing two birds with one stone.
>>
File: 6zdxkzG.jpg (53KB, 273x240px) Image search: [Google]
6zdxkzG.jpg
53KB, 273x240px
>>87555643
>>
>>87571293
Yeah the toungue twisters are incredibly self indulgent.
At least they're over quick, compared to a Diane soapbox monologue which feel like forever
>>
>>87556966
There are 3.5 billion people on this planet that are just like her.
>>
>>87560183
I definitely agree with the Todd points. Especially if he is asexual, why tf is he so hung up about bojack fucking his friend? So terribly handled.
>>
File: 1489380602871.gif (924KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1489380602871.gif
924KB, 500x281px
>>87559721
>live in the woods in Michigan on a little lake
>Watch the entire season in one day
>By the time I got to ep 11 it was dark outside and I could see the stars and hear the crickets

I really enjoyed this season, it's much better than season 3 but a lot less focused than season 2
>>
>>87572288
Thats what I'm saying, he knows "what" she likes, but not why she likes it. Everything has to be the big "Mr. Peanut Butter" version of everything instead of something that she cares about.

My GF is similar in that she doesn't like big gestures and prefers more intimate stuff. Hell, she even has a similar love o libraries, and I know enough about her not to try some big stunt like make a Disney Princess library because I know her as a person.

Also: Mr. PB filled the library with a bunch of fake books. I don't think he really "gets" why Diane wanted a reading room as a kid.
>>
>>87559475
I think the asexual thing works to a degree. Todd is legit just a literal man-child. He's not interested in sex because he's pretty much a kid in an adult's body.

I think the show should try to stop focusing on it as an important character trait, but it does fit into the idea of giving viewers something lighter to relieve all of the high drama.
>>
>>87572330
Nah, the people on the board would probably call me an "SJW", my beef is that they really didn't do anything interesting with Todd's asexuality because Todd isn't a very interesting character.

He is a lot of "fun, wacky comedic relief" but his actions don't really have weight the way other characters do. His only narrative purpose has been to give Bojack a dumb friend to fuck things up with to show how messed up Bojack is.
>>
>>87562501
is he dare i say it /our guy/?
It's only a meme don't tell me to go back to /pol/
>inb4 some fag does it ironically
>>
>>87572455
He is caught up on it because Bojack doesn't give a shit about his boundaries or how he feels. It was a major way of showing that Bojack likes having Todd around insofar as it is convenient and lets him feel like he has a friend, but ultimately he did not really give a shit about him.
>>
>>87572540
>"Do you know how much these fake books cost?"
Made me kek

Is it a Diane trait to talk in shitty metaphors? The bit about the magic eye picture representing their relationship made me cringe.
>>
>>87572694
Its just a dumb joke dude. I don't want that to be /our guy/

I'd much rather call the intern /our guy/ for liking Bojack's chubby sister, but thats just me.
>>
>>87562670
>Doesn't include BACK IN THE 90'S

atleast we have a bunch of generic production music from the underwater episode i guess
>>
File: bojack-film.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bojack-film.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>87572694
he's our guy
>>
>>87572792
I think she has been trying really hard to express herself emotionally but isn't very good about being upfront about it. Its a major flaw of hers and she hides behind stuff like metaphors which is I guess the easiest way for her to express her feelings.

Just because I'm dumping on PB doesn't mean I think Diane is "good", I just think she is a more relatable kind of bad in general.
>>
>>87572899
What a fucking pleb
>liking films
>he doesn't even like kino
>>
>>87572874
That's the worst song in the series though.
Is it a Netflix marketing ploy to make the outro music really shitty so you immediately stream the next episode?
>>
>>87572762
But how does Bojack and that girl having consensual sex cross a boundary for Todd? When you're asexual I really doubt you care about who your friends have sex with. Him not wanting to date her was confirmed as well.
>>
>>87572540
There's also a huge distinction between the inapproachable grandeur of the library depicted in beauty and the beast as well as that of the fantasy that then existed in Diane's mind, and a tacky renovation of a room in a real house.
>>
>>87573028
Because he thought Todd loved her (by his own admission), lied about it and then ended up pushing her away from Todd and the business they created.
>>
>>87573028
I don't think he knew that he was at the time.
>>
>>87573028
Don't hook up with your friend's exes without talking to them dude, its a very basic courtesy.

You don't know what kind of emotional baggage they are dealing with, and if you don't at least check its a pretty shitty move.

Plus, Todd being upset over not being able to perform sexually is one of the few times he actually resembles a real character with problems requiring introspection.

I've got a few asexual friends and they are really self conscious about the fact that they lack what is for most other people a very basic part of human intimacy. Lots of them worry about growing old and dying alone while their friends get sucked into family lives and relationships that they won't ever be able to really experience. I wish Todd was able to have a little more time as a real character, I'm kind of bored by his wacky nonsense.
>>
>>87572792
She purposefully referenced the Magic Eye picture she knew PB was entranced with so that he'd pay attention to and understand what she's saying.
>>
>>87556966
It's not hard to understand why Diane would want her fantasies to stay fantasies. Look at her life: Perfect husband, people who care about her, good job, and yet she's never happy. Obtaining her fantasies only means her fantasies will be ruined for her.
>>
>>87571641
>Allowed his daughter to go to college
>>
>>87573398
So really the lesson here is that Diane should never have anything good happen to her.
>>
>>87553408
I don't understand something that's different so I'm going to say it's not real.
>>
File: UncleCuck.png (504KB, 608x805px) Image search: [Google]
UncleCuck.png
504KB, 608x805px
>>87568072
>>
>>87553408
It's not surprising really. Considering the overwhelming importance placed on sexuality in modern first world culture, and considering the fact that asexuals are pretty much left out of that discussion altogether, combined with the fact that there's basically no other show out there that has brought it up as a talking point...

It's basically that people who place notable significance on their asexuality now have a character who they feel that connection to. Plus, as shallow as it may be on a surface level, it feels like there's actually something acknowledging them specifically.

I know this can be perceived as general Tumblr talk etc., but it's really not that hard to understand.
>>
File: the more you notice.jpg (71KB, 710x532px) Image search: [Google]
the more you notice.jpg
71KB, 710x532px
>>87571381
Sloes are a type of plum (Subgenus Prunus).
>>
Why is everyone blaming Diane for PB being a shit husband? She's actually trying to build something with him while all he wants to do is have silly fun time in his world but with a princess of his own.
>>
>>87576534
>She's actually trying to build something with him
Not really. It honestly seems like she's constantly trying to find a reason to sabotage the relationship they have.
>>
The Mr. PB and Diane sex scene made me deeply uncomfortable 2bh
Why didn't they do it doggy style
>>
File: 1465713014377.png (294KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1465713014377.png
294KB, 480x480px
>>87576958
>she's constantly trying to find a reason to sabotage the relationship
>"Hey Mister Peanut-butter, don't do thing please"
>"OKAY DIANE I LOVE YOU"
>he does thing
>"Why did you do thing I said please don't?"
>"LOL IT DOESN'T MATTER WE'RE IN LOVE REMEMBER?"
Yeah, she's the problem.
>>
>>87555162
Well if that isn't the cutest little thing
>>
>>87577337
>Do everything I say
Yeah, that's a healthy relationship.
>>
>>87553408
>how others respond to a tv show changes how i view the show
Hi leddit
>>
File: 6.png (738KB, 827x1079px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
738KB, 827x1079px
>>87577733
>do things your partner finds both morally and ethically reprehensible just because it's fun and wacky
Diane's not the one that was divorced twice.
>>
>>87577302
It was hawt
>>
>>87577337
Peanut Butter does everything in their relationship out of love for Diane. What does Diane ever bring to the table?
>>
>>87577302
>The Mr. PB and Diane sex scene made me deeply uncomfortable

Why?

Because it was a cartoon sex scene that wasn't played for laughs?
>>
>>87570684
>she's still got a good decent family

They're the worst Massholes in Boston, and she's the figurative black sheep in a family with a literal black sheep.
>>
>>87563053
my favorite episode personally, the bait and switch was perfect and i didn't notice it until it happened. the fact that you kept thinking "well its going to get better" up until the last 3 lines is brilliant
>>
>>87561041
The gun episode pinned gun violence on all men when everyone knows it's particular group of men that commit the majority of shootings.
>>
>>87577899
He only agreed to do the fracking because she needlessly challenged him in public, and he even said the whole fracking thing was lip service for voters, but she needed her soapbox.
>>
>>87572992
underrated
>>
>>87578466
Also they act like women have never killed with a gun when one of the biggest shootings in recent times was commited by a (muslim) woman, they also really played up the male privilege bullshit about feeling safe and how women constantly feel like they're gonna get killed. All played like beliefs straight from the writer's mouth
>>
>>87577733
well it is if the relationship is with a dog
>>
>>87578002

This. I literally have no idea why Mr PB loves Diane. She literally has no redeeming qualities. Mr PB ain't perfect and I can see why he would get annoying, but the show has done a poor job of writing her. She is constantly hypocritical, etc

Seriously, if the show wrote her off, I can't see what would change. Name one character that relies on Diane. Bojack showed this season he doesn't need her, Mr PB would be fine, Todd doesn't need her, PC doesn't.

I really hope next season she doesn't turn into BoJack after divorce and start drinkng/doing drugs and then BoJack has to help her.
>>
File: solaris05.jpg (335KB, 1000x421px) Image search: [Google]
solaris05.jpg
335KB, 1000x421px
>>87556966
It's like you've never watched Solaris and Stalker.

Need to drop some Zizek in here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZVZJUU3sT8
>>
>>87551622
The Princess Caroline storyline was boring and shit. Bojacks was good. Todd was ok. Diane is a cunt and doesn't deserve mr peanut butter.
Too many filler episodes this season.
>>
Dianes problem is that she's super depressed and woke as fuck and the fact she's selling out all her values for a live of luxury and privilege, makes her even more depressed.
It also doesn't help she legitimately has no chemistry with Mr PB and is only with him to hide behind his positivity. It was also implied in seasons past that Mr PB may be gay.

>>87556966
Her life is shitty so she retreats into fantasy, when her fantasy is made reality and her life it still fucking shitty, it breaks her completely.
Like all fantasy, the point is that when you have this thing, you will be living a perfect life and be HAPPY. She gets her fantasy, but her life is still complete and total shit.
>>
>>87579085
>It was also implied in seasons past that Mr PB may be gay.

Yes, the man who've had three different marriages to women and who spent the season madly fucking one of them is gay.
>>
>>87551622
Eh, it was alright.
1 > 2 > 4 > 3
>>
>>87578002
He doesn't do it because he loves Diane. He does it because he's desperate after already losing two selfish bitch wives and wants Diane to love him. Unfortunately he's just trying too hard.
>>
>>87551622
The season was quite lame, only good think we had was BJ's mom flashbacks. Everything else was forgettable.
>>
>>87563053
You shut your mouth, the PC granddaughter ep was my favourite of the season. That framing device was utilised to perfection.

>reminder that there are kids outside the future classroom using Todd's drone thrones.
>>
>>87577337
>Diane does a thing PB doesn't approve of
>Okay, I still support and love you
>PB does a thing Diane doesn't approve of
>Oh my god what's wrong with you?!
Do you see the problem here? Diane clearly didn't even want the relationship to work. PB did.
>>
Daily reminder that Mr. PB is a closet homosexual
>>
>>87579328
Also having this guy voicing the mayor plus the underground episode. Legit funny shit.
>>
>>87579319
>He does it because he's desperate after already losing two selfish bitch wives and wants Diane to love him.
What makes you think this? He seemed to behave the same way with all of his wives. It's just his personality. And essentially he is a good person. A bit dumb, but ultimately good.
>>
>>87578002
A deep caring soul for society dedicated to their life together.

>>87578488
All he had to do was say he was against fracking instead of appeasing complete strangers over his wife.

>>87579403
Diane's a woman, PB should know what he's dealing with.
>>
>>87579552
>A deep caring soul for society dedicated to their life together.
If she can't eve care about herself why would she care about what happens to society especially when she has no investment into the future after her eventual death because she decided to get an abortion.
>Diane's a woman, PB should know what he's dealing with.
Double standard.
>>
>>87579552
It was Todd's fault for signing PB's name on the Fracking form, all he could do was play along and then drop it, but Diane made it about her.
>>
>>87579481
>He seemed to behave the same way with all of his wives.
I honestly haven't seen anything to support this. What I have seen is his wives mentioning that he's caught in his own little world focused on himself. (though I take that with a grain of salt, naturally, given the source)

However, in the final argument it became very clear that PB's actions are very desperate, like how he doesn't want to go inside the house until he's found the "Diane thing" for the house, otherwise she won't feel attached to it. Then he rips it out of the first childhood fantasy she tells him, and has people do an absolutely rushed/botched job of it (fake books, paint smudges everywhere), completely ignoring the both the reasons behind the fantasy and the context of the fantasy (as well as Diane's prior statements that she really dislikes those types of grand gestures), JUST so she has an attachment to the house to keep her from leaving, even though she already stated she didn't need anything of the sort. It's 100% desperation.
>>
God damn it i wanna see the 4th season too but i dont own netflix. There are still no streams for it.
That feel when i miss all the talk with you guys but i guess i gotta wait.
>>
>>87579665
The sad part is that I feel the show is playing the gender bullshit completely straight and deflecting by using millenial culture as a humourous mask.
>>
>>87570671
>it's actually terrible and PC just likes the idea of it and not it itself

HMMMM LET'S THINK ABOUT THE PC'S ARC THIS SEASON
>>
Objective season rankings

3 > 2 > 4 > 1
>>
>>87579739
>fake books, paint smudges everywhere
It's mean to give it a more childlike and endearing look, like when your kid draws something and you love it even though it really is crap
>like how he doesn't want to go inside the house until he's found the "Diane thing" for the house, otherwise she won't feel attached to it.
That's because he wants to have the relationship work and also he's completely right because Diane always seemed to expect this relationship to fail and was looking for any excuse to break it up.
>grand gesture
In my opinion a grand gesture is doing something like showing it off publically to hundreds or possibly thousands of people, like proposing in front of a stadium or something. It's not all that grand to make something for someone you love where only the two of you really see it. In fact, any NORMAL person would be moved by the fact someone put so much effort into a project FOR THEM even if they don't ultimately love what it looks like. Diane always complicates shit for no reason. She never looks at WHY someone does something. She never appreciates the intent. That's why she's an awful person.
>>
File: happy Jessica Brown Findlay.jpg (29KB, 303x295px) Image search: [Google]
happy Jessica Brown Findlay.jpg
29KB, 303x295px
>>87579764
>There are still no streams for it.
imagine being this computer illiterate lel
>>
>>87553336
The show would improve by 1000% if they removed Todd. I love the show but he kills my interest every time he is on screen.
>>
>>87579973
Implying. I cant do any torrent stuff so i am dependent on stream stuff. This is the land of the Reich after all.
>>
File: 1503020758802.jpg (6KB, 236x285px) Image search: [Google]
1503020758802.jpg
6KB, 236x285px
>>87580021
Honestly what is the importance of Todd? I didn't laugh at any of his antics this season. He didn't really effect anybody in a meaningful way. He was just kind of there. Almost everybody forgot about him. His most important "moment" was finding out he was asexual. But who actually gives a shit?
>>
File: happy daddario.jpg (172KB, 800x1205px) Image search: [Google]
happy daddario.jpg
172KB, 800x1205px
>>87580033
>implying it wouldn't take all of five seconds to find a stream if you know what you're doing
>>
Honestly, I wish we could get more dramatic episodes in the next seasons. The drama in this series seriously works, and if the real drama wasn't limited to the end of seasons, that'd make me so so happy.
>>
>>87580124
He really just made the Mayoral race happen which went no where other than diane and mr PB getting their new house.
>>
>>87579219
1 was the weakest
>>
File: 1433462613568s.jpg (4KB, 103x125px) Image search: [Google]
1433462613568s.jpg
4KB, 103x125px
is this show the no hipster version of You're the Worst?
>>
>>87580264
The best you mean. It was the most consistently funny season and also had the heavy gut punches.
>>
>>87579940
>It's mean to give it a more childlike and endearing look, like when your kid draws something and you love it even though it really is crap
The smudges were not deliberate lol. That factors in no way into her description of the fantasy. Also the fake books kinda sum up PB's gestures in general, all show, no thought. Had he even considered her point of view slightly, PB would have known that she would not like the room like that.

>That's because he wants to have the relationship work and also he's completely right because Diane always seemed to expect this relationship to fail and was looking for any excuse to break it up.
Being a good boyfriend and going "oh here's everything you said aren't I a lovely boyfriend please stay with me" are not the same thing. Had he simply not done the gesture, she would have been fine in the new house. She had already stated multiple times that she felt perfectly comfortable with it as it was. Desperation is desperation, no matter how you spin it.

>She never looks at WHY someone does something.
WHY he did it was out of desperation and the desire to make a grand gesture. That's why it bugs her so much. She'd already made it clear on multiple occasions that she hated that kind of stuff. All PB had to do was listen and respect her wishes. Yeah she's insecure and overcomplicates things, that's her end of the problem. But this is far from a "one-side-is-wholly-in-the-wrong" kind of deal. If PB wasn't so desperate to please in the most over the top ways (to the point of constantly and deliberately going against Diane's wishes, showing no respect for what she actually wants) then they would not be in this mess. They both fucked up this relationship.
>>
>>87580328
>most consistently funny
Literally half of the season is exposition and build-up for later jokes to work. I mean it was neccessary, but how is it consistent I don't see
>>
If Diane ends up shacking up with BJ next season I'm dropping out this shit.
>>
>>87580149
>doesnt give you any help
>brags about how easy it is to find
Fuck off faggot. I got it, you are the hot shit on finding streams and shit.
>>
>>87580455
lol
not hot shit, im just not a fucking retard
i didn't help because it was painfully obvious you were just fishing for a link
>>
>>87580455
BJ discovers he has a sister, PB and Diane broke up, Todd accept the fact that he's asexual and PC has another abortion and dumps his boyfriend.

There, you can discuss the new season with us
>>
>>87580540
No i didnt fish for a link. I said i cant find one and that its sad that i cant discuss with you. I didnt demand anything. Also the second reply tried to spoiler me i just shortly overed over the reply and read something about sister so i am fucking off from here.
>>
File: 1470333581301.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1470333581301.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>>87580595
>>
>>87580367
>PB would have known that she would not like the room like that.
Diane never liked anything PB did for her. And who the fuck cares if the books are fake? The books can be replaced by REAL books later. She needs to learn to fucking roll with what's thrown at her for god's sakes.
>Had he simply not done the gesture, she would have been fine in the new house. She had already stated multiple times that she felt perfectly comfortable with it as it was.
Yeah... no. PB already tried doing nothing grand when it came to Diane and that proved to not make her happy either.
>WHY he did it was out of desperation.
Uhm, no. He did it because he thought it would be a nice gesture. In fact they seemed to be getting together relatively fine before hand. Not perfectly, but hey what relationship is perfect? What Diane did was like if a child who cared about her heard about her childhood fantasy, drew it out, and then when they presented it to her she freaked the fuck out because "OH NO MY FANTASY IS RUINED!" There are two things wrong with Diane. She needs to learn to grow the fuck up and realize not everything is fucking perfect. And also she needs to learn to appreciate intent of action. PB wasn't desperate. He treats nearly everyone the same. Hell, he treats Bojack the same way with equally grand gestures even though Bojack never pretends to be able to stand PB. That's just his personality. It's not desperation, and I don't see why you interpreted that.
>>
>>87580432
Not sure what you're talking about but anyway. The drug sequence alone in season 1 was the best scene of the whole show, plus on top of that everything with herb. Also had the best/most likeable characters (like the publisher penguin for example) and least amount of filler/gimmick episodes, all in all makes it easily the best season by far. I don't know why /tv/ doesn't like it so much but oh well.

https://youtu.be/ak9QV2Zu7CU
>>
I liked Todd's asexual 'arc' or whatever you call it. I have been struggling with the fact that I have no sexual drive to meet new girls or even hooking up. Every single relationship I've had in the past year have just petered out because I just lose all interest in the girl. I like the idea of being in a romantic relationship but honestly I'd rather just do my own thing. I know I'm not gay but I wouldn't exactly call myself straight because of my lack of interest.
>>
>>87580886
In my opinion Season 1 was easily the best season. I liked how it was about him getting his biography done and thinking people will hate him but the season ends with lots of people actually loving him despite his edginess.
>>
>>87560803
Wasn't Mr Peanutbutter in the early season Trump? An outsider that everyone loves because he says the shit that was on his mind?
>>
>>87581670
Yeah but it was tolerable and not too forced. It wasn't out of character for him to be Trump like.
>>
>>87581301
Wait until you're past the age of 15, then see how you feel.
>>
>>87581916
Turned 20 last week. Honestly wish I could be 15 again.
>>
>>87551622
I hate all the wacky cornball shit like animal puns, any time todd or mr peanut butter are on the screen, when princess carolyn rhymes shit and the preachy yet somehow still tasteless and tonedeaf diane episodes. Honestly all of the "comedy" in this show is fucking awful.

There should be an unofficial cut that's just the emotionally devastating shit, that's my jam.
>>
>>87560932
Todd's arc and Mr Peanut Butter's arc were pure shit. I only still watch this show for Bojack and Princess Carolyn.
>>
>>87582130
That's why I liked season 1 the best. It had other humor than the endless puns in season 2-4.
>>
>>87582221
It seems schizophrenic, like they want to balance out the drama with goofy outlandish bullshit to lessen the punch but it goes too far in either direction to feel cohesive.
>>
>>87582306
Nah that's just you, it had a pretty good balance overall. If anything the later seasons tip too much to the drama side
>elephant in the room, get it? *wink wink, nudge nudge*
>now it's time for heavy gut punches
>*another animal pun here*
>drama
Etc.
>>
>>87578466
while that is right, it also showed how (((they))) profit from gun violence and keep on pushing it
>>
>completely ban guns
>princess carolyn immediately calls it common sense gun legislation
at least they stopped lying about their true goal
>>
bojack horseman is right up there with rick and morty in the category of shows that dull witted lazy kids and vapid narcissistic adults (and various combinations of those and other shitty traits) watch, notepads ready to jot down any superficially deep, existential shit they see so they can run to social media and talk about how much they relate to these tragic, oh so tragic and flawed but super deep and insightful characters
fuck that garbage, you're better off watching moomin, real life is miserable enough as it is, why do we need even more funhouse mirrors
>>
>>87578607
>hey also really played up the male privilege bullshit about feeling safe and how women constantly feel like they're gonna get killed
It's true that women don't have the same ability to defend themselves and are easier targets though.

>>87578466
It'd still be men regardless though. With or without blacks.
>>
I've watched Diane be a cunt to Peanutbutter for four years now and I'm really over seeing that.
>>
File: 6vScT.jpg (137KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
6vScT.jpg
137KB, 717x880px
>>87584057
>>
As a man, I don't feel what I would consider "safe" walking down dark alleys at night. Do women actually think fear is about gender?
>>
>>87570077
WHEN IS SHE GOING TO TAKE THE FLAIR
>>
>>87555643
imagine being this delicate of a flower
>>
>>87584270
I don't feel "safe" but I don't feel scared either. I know that anyone who was desperate enough to mug someone would likely decide to wait for someone smaller, weaker, and less likely to fight back. Like a women.
>>
A lot of the exaggerated political stuff walked the line of flat out preaching and political satire. There was a point in the season (I don't remember episodes, I watched it all in one continuous chunk) where all of the feminist crap fell by the wayside to focus on hollyhock, bojack, and beatrice, and that's when the season finally became good. Before that, it was unbearable. Especially the gun episode.
>>
File: mpv-shot0016.jpg (198KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0016.jpg
198KB, 1280x720px
>>87551622
>Then after the show,
>I'll come out and say hello.
>And she'll say, "BoJack? Is that you?"
>When her eyes sparkle with recognition,
>I'm gonna sit down next to her,
>I'm gonna squeeze her hand
>and get real close and say...
>"Fuck you, Mom."
>>
>>87584270
>As a man

More like as a pussy. I can tell you for a fucking fact I have never walked outside my house and been scared of getting raped.
>>
>>87584529
This reads like a woman projecting what she thinks a man feels like. I'm onto you, creep
>>
>>87584124
It's also true that having a little streetsmarts can help you stay safe instead of demanding the world to change so you can frolic in the ghetto wearing a bikini. I don't have an issue acknowledging that women generally need to take more precautions, but the approach is borderline belligerent against men. That's the problem with feminism.
>>
>>87584752
Are you pretending the average american woman walks around in fear of rape? If anything they're more likely to be raped inside their homes by creepy weirdos like your father.
>>
>>87584131
>YOU BROUGHT ONE OF MY DREAMS TO LIFE
>I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU TOOK AWAY ONE OF MY DREAMS
>>
>>87584837
>>Are you pretending the average american woman walks around in fear of rape

If they don't they're fucking stupid. Who the fuck would let a woman walk around by herself in the middle of the night?
>>
File: CKEP2hoUsAABsJA.jpg (50KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CKEP2hoUsAABsJA.jpg
50KB, 600x600px
Look's like birds of a feather... go to jail.
>>
>>87584877
>Hey Diane, I ordered your favorite takeout
>Oh my god how could you not even consult me about this, what if I didn't want to eat the same thing I've always fucking ordered ever since you met me I told you that in confidence you are too controlling HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME

How come only Todd has friends in this show?
>>
>>87584774
>demanding the world to change so you can frolic in the ghetto wearing a bikini. I don't have an issue acknowledging that women generally need to take more precautions
True. You can use common sense and plan ahead and avoid the majority of these situations but eventually they will be put an in inconvenient situation and I would much rather they have the proper training and knowledge to defend themselves and there's really no matching a gun when it comes to self defense.

>>87584998
One of the best side characters. Him and Randy on MSNBSea are my favorites.
>>
>>87585088

Comparing completely different things here honestly
>>
Why are people walking alone in bad neighborhoods at night if they know it's bad?
Why is the issue of danger at night a case of men vs women instead of a case of ethics vs poverty?
>>
>>87585088
Todd is the only one who doesn't have a business life or a sex life to complicate things.
>>
>>87585364
Addendum: the first one being kind of invalidated this season except that I would hesitate to call his kooky clown hijinks or his general business ventures with Mr. PB a 'professional life'
>>
>>87580736

>PB already tried doing nothing grand when it came to Diane and that proved to not make her happy either.

When did that happen? Because this is totally untrue.
>>
>>87585466
At this point, Todd has been in the wacky ventures business for three straight seasons. It's his career.
>>
>>87585501
Well what grand gestures did he make when all he wanted to do was see his wife who instead decided to hide from him at Bojack's for weeks on end?
>>
>>87580736

I bet you're the kind of guy who always expects people to be grateful for every shit you do
>>
>>87585597

None but that one was one of Mr PB's sweeter moments. It was working out from there until PB decided he wanted to be governor
>>
>>87585088
more like
>Hey Diane, I know you like Panda Express, so I bought the chain and renamed it DIANE EXPRESS!
>>
>>87585675
Not even. She said she wanted a rather specific thing and he gave her the rather specific thing. It was a grand gesture in that it was a pretty big thing to give someone but it was exactly what she asked for, wasn't it?
>>
>>87560932
Diane used to be a really strong character, but she became a self-parody this season.
>>
>>87585719
er sorry, not asked for. dreamed about. Lack of proofreading is not my friend tonight.
>>
>>87585611
For everything? No, not at all. I never expect it but I personally make sure to always show my appreciation when somebody does something for me, and I appreciate when someone does the same for me. But to the kind of people who are on my ass for everything I just ignore or leave them because I like being around calm and collected people who know how to actually get by in life and understand social cues.
>>
>>87581670
I guess in a way, he had similarities to Trump but the show didn't have just a cartoonishly evil standin who hates some minority group and wants to build a wall and is controlled by Russia and has tiny hands and whatever other liberals like to say about him all the time.
>>
File: 09-12-07-1504940957399.png (764KB, 1177x649px) Image search: [Google]
09-12-07-1504940957399.png
764KB, 1177x649px
>It's never going to be alright
>>
>>87581670
Somewhat but I'd believe he'd have done that anyway. He was mostly being manipulated unwittingly by his ex-wife. Well at least the first time he ran.
>>
>>87585960
>Even in scenes like this I look to see if there's a hidden sight gag

There normally isn't though.
>>
>>87573028

Pretty much shat all over Todd's manhood m8
>>
>>87573028
Because he asked Bojack not to fuck her. And Bojack fucked her.
>>
>>87560803
That's next season. They stated they had already written this season by the time November 8th occurred. They promised Muh Trump for Season 5. Hope you enjoy them flushing the show to virtue signal.
>>
Why couldn't Rick and Morty find female writers on par with this show?
>>
>>87556804
That's life. Our "plans" rarely pan out.
>>
>>87586178
>Why couldn't Rick and Morty have better show runners who knew how to pick talented female writers on par with this show?

Fixed
>>
>>87580595
>ugly girl: I DIDN'T TELL YOU TO CALL ME PRETTY; ALL I DID WAS CALL MYSELF UGLY AROUND YOU
You didn't even have the balls to ask. Your passive aggressive stunt is honestly worse than just asking.

Stop being a retard or stop being poor.
>>
>>87583555
>show takes place in CALIFORNIA
You're honestly fucking retarded.
>>
>>87559475
I thought the Todd episode was great until he manipulated Diane into looking up the DNA results, and something else of the sort that he did. I do see your point. I kind of wish he had been the governor.
>>
>>87562105
>bojacks mother will die and that will be the sad episode
Normally I'd agree but I feel like they can't do this this time because they've already done a someone dies and le sad episode every season so far, season 5 needs to do something to show progress
>>
>>87560183
I loved the alliteration! Courtney Portnoy!
>>
>>87551622
it was the most reddit season so far
>>
>>87586350
What is that even supposed to mean?
>>
>>87551622
Ending it on a happy note for Bojack was a good move. Kept things fresh for the season ender. Beatrice's story was great, PC's story arc was nice even if the tongue twister jokes completely fell flat. Hollyhock was a nice addition.

They need to find something better to do with Todd because the asexuality doesn't really add anything to him as a character and is pretty irrelevant to how he interacts with the cast.

I think the writers know where they're going with the PB/Diane relationship.

Also, I'm surprised they didn't touch upon Sarah Lynn and her death too much.
>>
>>87586741
>Also, I'm surprised they didn't touch upon Sarah Lynn and her death too much.
Why would they? It was an inevitability in-universe. Sarah-Lynn even says something about it in season one. She's just one of those people that is expected to die young and nobody cares since they expected it and she was fading from the public eye.
>>
>>87575089
No, the lesson here is that Diane is really bad at managing disappointment and has a very idealized expectation of life. She expects life to be like her fantasies of it but gets really sad when it doesn't and blames her surroundings for this discrepancy.
>>
>>87586840

Yeah honestly. Basically if Miley Cyrus killed herself that would happen
>>
>>87586840
did she even have any actual friends besides Bojack?
>>
>>87586985
Did you watch the show at all? Or do you know the answer and you just want someone to talk to
>>
>>87586840
I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing, just a surprise to me they didn't make a ton of Sarah Lynn parallels with Hollyhock to show Bojack's fear of being a fuckup father/father figure and constantly repeating mistakes.
>>
>>87586741
>>Also, I'm surprised they didn't touch upon Sarah Lynn and her death too much.

They showed that Bojack still thinks of her, which makes sense, since she only really had a connection to him. And she was always on Horsing Around repeats in the background usually in the context of Bojack and Holly. They used her sparingly but well. She is there.
>>
>>87586906

This isn't what Diane's character is about like at all.
Diane's problem is that she's living a life that just so doesn't fit her personality. She's not an extrovert celebrity enjoying blissful decadence. She can't live a carefree life. She wants to live a meaningful life and grow as a person.

This guy perfectly summarizes why her and Mr PB's relationship is doomed to fail.

https://youtu.be/xKUrTwamIx4
>>
>>87587016
just makin conversation
>>
>>87587024
They did they just didn't beat you over the head with it. You're already clearly thinking of it, so you know it's underlying there throughout their interactions. There's no for Bojack to say "you remind me off this kid I used to work with who died recently. I was close to her and kind of fucked her up too".

Also Holly was very adamant that she wasn't looking for another father figure. I know the 8-dads thing was a joke but it was also there to show that Holly did not ever see Bojack as her father.
>>
>>87587172
She 'wants' to live a meaningful life. She's a piece of shit lazy coward that won't though, even when given the opportunity. She bitched out when handed an opportunity of a lifetime with the billionaire dude in the warzone, lying to herself that she's actually being ethical because the guy has an ego and that somehow negates the help he's providing the civilians there.
>>
>>87557032
What line?
>>
>>87587172
Diane is an incredibly lazy woman who has reached far beyond her station and doesn't know how to cope with it. She's working at Buzzfeed of all places in a retarded section. No doubt she made up some excuse about wanting to make her own way in the world which is why she took that job.

If she wanted to do meaningful work Peanutbutter could easily fund whatever venture she'd want but she has no original ideas of her own.
Everything she's ever written on that show is about dragging someone else down.
>>
>>87579940
BUt he didn't put any actual effort in it. He just paid for it. It was a grand gesture but it was more about him feeling good about doing a grand gesture than it was doing something to make Diane feel good. He had good intentions but they're ultimatley about him and his own world.
>>
>>87586558
It means that the creators of the show are not pushing an agenda of their own.
They are merely satirizing the retardation of the state of California and Hollywood.

But seeing as how you're a moron without critical thinking, who assumes everyone is out to get you, this went over your head.
Promptly reevaluate your life and consider suicide.
>>
>>87587525
>my first post in the thread
>assumes you're talking to the same person
Go back to /co/umblr.
>>
>>87587455
I get your point and it just shows that these two should not be together because they are such fundamentally different people. Bear in mind he spent much of that episode practically begging Diane to put any sort of input in the house and she flat out refused. Then she reveals that she's always dreamed of having her own private library room. He gives her that and she flips out. They have their argument and neither side is wholly wrong.
>>
>>87587429
I unironically hope she divorces PB and ends up having to live in a shitty apartment and go back to working at Starbucks. That's what she deserves. Unfortunately the writers would never do that.
>>
>>87587455
This is literally woman logic lmao. He didn't literally do the physical labor so it's not really his gesture and becomes some kind of mind game
>>
>>87587549
>could have just watched show himself and inferred the same obvious conclusion from that scene and then not replied to my post
You're either him backtracking or a full blown retard.

Either way kill yourself.
>>
>>87587429
>Everything she's ever written on that show is about dragging someone else down.
what about the book on Secretariat?
>>
>>87585960
>1176x649
Phoneposter pls go
>>
File: pumped up kicks.jpg (244KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
pumped up kicks.jpg
244KB, 1366x768px
>>87560183
>that whole third paragraph

But it led to the single best joke on the show, so I can't fault it *too* badly.
>>
>>87587748
not just a phone poster, from that resolution a phone poster with a welfare smartphone from 2013
>>
>>87587705
That dragged Bojack down for a while since it paints him in a rather humiliating light. It eventually lets Bojack get some humility and recognition, but it is rather negative to him overall.
>>
>>87573019
Awful taste. I listen to it every time.
>>
>>87587810
No dum dum, the actual biographical book that Diane wrote in-universe way before she even met Bojack
>>
>>87587844
Oh sorry, that was retarded. Yeah, her Secretariat book was a good thing.
>>
>>87580551
Savage, but not unwarranted.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.