[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>How Netflix could be the $76 billion solution to Disney&

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: iger.jpg (26KB, 640x335px) Image search: [Google]
iger.jpg
26KB, 640x335px
>How Netflix could be the $76 billion solution to Disney's problems

>https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/netflix-76-billion-solution-disneys-problems-162332679.html

what is disney's problem?
>>
>>87543514

Netflix is carrying a lot of debt which makes them a not-appetizing acquisition.

Infact they're operating far outside their intake that it is most likely being done on purpose to keep people from wanting to buy them.

Go look up their debt/gross ratio
>>
>>87543514
Is this like fan fiction or something.

>JUST BUY THE COMPANY LMAO

You can't just do that.
>>
Disney over leveraged I think. they have cruise lines in addition to their parks etc now. They own star wars and marvel which were both multi B purchases.

I do keep hearing that ESPN is a big loser for them; people cutting the cord etc. They may have bid too much for the MNF TV deal.

Idk I don't follow them that closely.
>>
>>87543618
Actually you can. Netflix is a public company and as long as 51% or more is with the shareholders and Disney has the cash it's possible.
>>
>>87543674
Oh shit, I should take out a loan and buy Netflix.
>>
>>87543709
Good luck finding a bank that will loan you 76 billion dollars
>>
>>87543737
I'll just sell Netflix to someone else for 77 billion dollars. I'd make a nice profit after I pay the bank back.
>>
>>87543514
the Virgin Iger can't compare to the Chad Eisner
>>
>>87543792
Are you legit retarded or is this bait?
>>
>>87543641
It's more than just Monday Night Football. It's all their broadcasting rights from the pros and college in all the big sports. ESPN is losing big time
>>
File: 1492825538634.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1492825538634.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
>>87543641
>bet heavily on ESPN during the death of cable television
>inexplicably make it more and more SJW even though millenials such changes might appeal to aren't watching cable and the boomers who hate those changes are
>>
>>87543818
Do you have some sort of brain deficiency? Ever heard of a joke?
>>
>>87543920
Not to mention that ESPN's prime demographic is boys 12-18 who are now more conservative than the past four generations
>>
>>87543920

How could you make a sports network SJW?
>>
>>87543514

>disney's big problem? Movie tickets are down, millenials aren't buying movie tickets!

What the fuck? They have Star Wars and Avengers, the 3rd, 5th, and 7th highest grossing movies of all time. And at least the top 2 animated movies. Should I even care if a company can't be successful with those kinds of numbers?

We don't need movies to have multi billion dollar special effects budgets, just pay your writers and people will go
>>
>>87544049

They often appeal to issues that liberals want to talk about and virtue signal over to a bunch of people that don't care about those issues.

You forget the acronym stands for social JUSTICE warrior. The kap thing, race issues in general which have nothing to do with sports. None at all. By politicizing their network and ousting longtime commentators to save money, they signed their own death warrant.
>>
>>87543975
Does that pass for a joke on reddit?
>>
>>87544049
female sportscasters and analysts
>>
>>87544085

All of their successes are built on industries they've been in or around for nearly 80 years.

If you read the article, they spelled out Disney's problem. It's same problem Microsoft had, the internet changed the underpinning way people consumed media and it completely kicked out foundation under their feet which is why they're in a death slide. The idea by buying netflix is you're acquiring the production and pipleline to content already being consumed as the 'new' media.

Which is why Disney is pulling it's existing media and starting their own netflix, which won't be ready for at least 2 years.

2 years in business world is going to cost them billions.

Which is why writer was arguing they should acquire a bloated machine even if it seems like it is too much to chew because in the end they will save down the road with a service that is already proven.
>>
>>87544049
Instead of talking about sports, spent 90 percent of the time with muh russia and impreach drumpf
>>
>>87544222
>2 years in business world is going to cost them billions.

Oh boy hoo, Disney CEO can't buy a new airplane.
>>
>>87543920

Is ESPN actually becoming political, or is this just another "pol is whining that black people exist"

Either way I hope ESPN crashes and burns, I fucking hate ESPN because my deadbeat step dad literally jsut watched that all day instead of working. That fucking trumpet theme still triggers me
>>
>>87543857
The per household subscription cost for ESPN to cable carriers got ridiculous, so the carriers got smart and started offering sports-free packages that were much cheaper which is more attractive to millenials that aren't into sports as much as their predecessors. ESPN was stupid to let their costs go out of control with long term contracts (lol, longhorn network) so they cannot adjust price down to get subscribers back. And their political shit turns people off (pol was right again, sigh). But it would be hard to dump ESPN without letting ABC go with because the sports broadcasts from ABC got too Integrated with ESPN.
>>
>>87544342

Have you seen anything touched by ESPN editorial lately?

They lost nearly 30 million subscribers in less than 4 years. ESPN is dying.
>>
>>87544342
>Is ESPN actually becoming political
Yes. It's pretty much an undisputed fact.
>>
>>87544342
ESPN has become WAY too political.

I was OK with First Take basically being the political-ish show, but it's all over the goddamn place -- especially with the Kaepernick nonsense.
>>
>>87544567
They also took an Asian dude named Bob Lee off calling a Virginia football game after Charlottesville because of Robert E Lee they are that cucked
>>
>>87544139
is it as exhausting as it seems to regurgitate all this baseless rhetoric from alt right podcasts all day?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.