[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

am I the only one who found this to be immensely overrated? yeah

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Heatposter.jpg (25KB, 298x433px) Image search: [Google]
Heatposter.jpg
25KB, 298x433px
am I the only one who found this to be immensely overrated? yeah the action scenes were great but they comprise what, 25 minutes out of 3 hours? you could have cut all the personal womanly shit and have a much better movie. Al Pacino overacted as usual. It's okay but I don't see how it is a masterpiece
>>
It's pretty much flawless imo.
>>
>>87540070
That action scene is probably the pinnacle of it but there are tons of equally good scenes, the truck hijack, the break in at night, the whole coffee shop scene between pacino and deniro, this movie is fucking amazing, i have seen it atleast 10 times.
>>
I watched it when it came out, didn't care for it. A friend convinced me to watch it again last year, it's okay. Honestly, it should have been 2h15m long, and I normally prefer longer movies/extended editions and the like. Pacino's relationship had too much screen time and there was no chemistry. 6/10 at best. I don't care if they use the bridge scene for SWAT training, it was dragged out.
>>
I can appreciate if someone dislikes Heat. The running-time could be reduced some, but I really enjoy it.
>>
>>87540070
Does it really have that little action scenes? Good, I must see it then. I always thought it was more of an action film, and I hate when movies have long action scenes.
>>
>>87540070
GREAT ASS
>>
YEah dude it was like only 15% explosions. All that fucking talking and shit was just fucking gay amirite?
>>
Welp time to rewatch.
>>
>>87540461
Tarkovsky is my favorite filmmaker
fite me 1vs1 irl
I just don't have patience for relationship drama (and there's 3 of it in this movie)
>>
>>87540070
World build up, I guess. I liked it a lot but it seems to be for a group of people only.
>>
>>87540145
This. One of the best
>>
>>87540070
The ending is a complete rip off of The French Connection.
>>
>>87540532
Just bc Tark is your fav filmmaker doesn't mean you have a good eye for quality (though he is god-tier). Putting aside all subjectivity, Heat is an excellent film by any standard. That's why it has the reputation it has. I think you need to watch it again in 10 years.
>>
>implying that scene with deniro and his girl overlooking the city at night isn't the comfiest scene of all time
>>
The soundtrack is amazing too
>>
File: 1497399890072.gif (999KB, 500x267px) Image search: [Google]
1497399890072.gif
999KB, 500x267px
>>87540070
>am I the only one who found this to be immensely overrated?
indeed, you are
stick to Die Hard, retard
>>
Don't waste my MOTHER FUCKIN TIME!
>>
>>87540070
There afew things i find wrong. For instance, Neil and company wanted to execute wayne outside of the diner full of people. Also HOW the fuck did Neil get away from the shoot out in a shitty car taken from the grocery store parking lot. Not only that, how did Wayne know to tip off the police of the bank whilst in protective custody? Good movie though, 8/10
>>
>>87541599
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.