[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The main reason why you don't find this scene as creepy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: It.png (608KB, 1062x410px) Image search: [Google]
It.png
608KB, 1062x410px
The main reason why you don't find this scene as creepy as it's meant to be is because you have been so used to seeing photoshopped memes scattered all over online, most of them meant to be for comedic purposes and hence when you see this, your brain immediately remembers those memes.

If a scene like this was made in the early 90's, you'd be more freaked out because you wouldn't be so used to seeing imagery like this.

Same goes for the movie Grave Encounters. They used the same ghost face effect that youtubers had been doing on youtube and so the ghost face reveal wouldn't have been so scary for youtubers.

David Lynch attempts a scene similar to this much better in Inland Empire with a female mouth laughing over a male's face, but what makes that scene work much better is that earlier in the movie there is a scene with main female character slowly runs towards the camera with that same grin and it isn't filmed with any jump scare... just a long camera take of her from a distance running to the camera as background sounds get louder and louder.

What would have made this scene better is if Pennywise did a similar thing: slowly get larger and larger out of the projector. That's why the Ring scared people first time the girl came out of tv because it wasn't a jump scare and is the same with Alien 1979 as the Alien slowly gets closer to Lambert.

Hope a director sees this and makes a note on my comment because this is how to save horror movies. Jump scares are just too boring now cos they all act the same with a loud noise and an image flash.

Now the scene with the spooky stretched painting lady with the clarinet was very intense and I was scared of that when I saw this It remake, because it was very well filmed being behind the kid. Wish movie had more like that with Pennywise.
>>
File: Marx_Soul_Games.png (67KB, 303x169px) Image search: [Google]
Marx_Soul_Games.png
67KB, 303x169px
>>87517442
Reminds of this guy from Kriby
>>
>>87517442
tl;dr
>>
>>87517524
holy shit how will Hollywood improve when people like you are so stubborn
>>
>>87517442
To be honest, that's probably the creepiest clown pic I've seen.
>>
>>87517570
>hollywood ships shit
>if u dont like shit hollywood wont improve
what
>>
>>87517442
Darth bane?
>>
File: cackletta.jpg (104KB, 1070x720px) Image search: [Google]
cackletta.jpg
104KB, 1070x720px
>>
>>87517442
The main reason I don't find horror movies scary anymore is because I'm not 10.
>>
>>87517442
>The main reason why you don't find this scene as creepy as it's meant to be is because it isn't good enough.

ftfy
>>
>>87517442
I'm getting a Japanese horror vibe from this. The eyes looking off in two directions to make the monster look more mindless and the mouth full of thin, sharp teeth.
>>
>>87517442
The movie is good. If I were the same age I was now as when I watched the 90s version, I'd be terrified. But now I'm old and jaded.
>>
>>87517442
Getting Fright Night vibes
>>
File: 9499344.jpg (44KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
9499344.jpg
44KB, 720x480px
>>87517442
reminds me Eddie Quist
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.