[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tried to watch 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY >got 20 straight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: Monkey Business.png (1MB, 1354x569px) Image search: [Google]
Monkey Business.png
1MB, 1354x569px
>tried to watch 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY
>got 20 straight minutes of monkeys fucking about
What the fuck is this? This isn't the kino that I signed up for.
>>
its art garbage trash.
>>
The absolute STATE of /tv/
>>
Dude.. it's like they considered modern humanity to be just a more recent phase of some primitive ape-like sentient creature.

Fucking atheists.
>>
>>87516336
this is literally (you)
>>
>no dialogue until the 25 minute mark
Jesus.
>>
Gotta say, it gets a little bit more interesting past the 40 minute mark.
>>
The 75 minute mark... pure kino.
>>
Jesus christ, can summer be over yet?
>>
>>87516336
I'd sincerely watch an entire movie just about prehistoric apes if it was directed by Kubrick.
>>
File: C04qraiWIAAJFFV.jpg large.jpg (92KB, 1280x809px) Image search: [Google]
C04qraiWIAAJFFV.jpg large.jpg
92KB, 1280x809px
>>87517519
When you're a NEET, summer never ends.
>>
>>87516336
You didn't see the part where he threw that stick up and it transitioned into a space ship? Epic!
>>
>>87516336
No no no OP! You've got to pretend as if you enjoyed the pretentious drivel if you want a lot of upvotes and karma!!!
>>
File: 2017-06-22-shape-of-an-l.jpg (815KB, 1000x1226px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-22-shape-of-an-l.jpg
815KB, 1000x1226px
Literally my experience with this movie. Stopped watching at 20min.
>>
>>87519033
hehe bravo spot on anon hehe, we're all just pretending to like it, the director and the whole cast and crew made it as a prank and it being called the best film ever across the globe is all just a prank hehe got em good bravo anon yes, you sure aren't using the "pretentious" point as a defense mechanism because you weren't able to make anything of the film with your surface-level plot driven puny little brain so you shout "le reddit pretentious drivel" as a way of denying the fact that you didn't know how to process the experience
>>
>>87519166
Upvoted!
>>
>>87519166
this. if a bunch of important people call something good it becomes a literally irrefutable fact
>>
>got 20 straight minutes of monkeys fucking about
You have to get into the mentality of the Jew to really understand this scene. (((Kubrick))) thought this shit was art, that is why most modern art is trash and bought/made by Jews.
What this 20 min scene is supposed to represent is some semi-marxist BS. According to them, what makes us humans different from other animals is the ability to create tools while ignoring all of the other abilities. This is a quite neurotic and semitic ideal, so reject semitism and embrace hellenism
>>
>>87519064
smashmouths response to this is hilarious
>>
What a great board this is
>>
>>87519539
Man anon, thanks for that rabbi mindset.
>>
>>87516483
And that's a bad thing because...?
>>
2001 A Space Odyssey is a great pleb filter, and OP failed.
>>
File: 2001 post.jpg (188KB, 1086x813px) Image search: [Google]
2001 post.jpg
188KB, 1086x813px
>>87518984
>the part where he threw that stick up and it transitioned into a space ship
>stick

whew lad
>>
>we evolved from monkeys
*tips fedora*
>>
>when the plebs on /tv/ can't handle kino this cutting edge
>>
>>87520199
To be fair, the film is notorious for its bad pacing, no?
>>
>>87520450
No. It has good pacing. Just slower relative to modern 'xplod-fests.
>>
>>87516336
I marathoned it at x1.3 speed during a week
>>
>>87516336
Pleb filter.
>>
>>87516336

I read that in Karl Pilkington's voice and now I desperately want the next Ricky, Steve and Karl series to be about Karl watching a bunch of high end artistic films like Andrei Rublev, Man With a Movie Camera and Melancholia.
>>
The lengths of the major sections of the film are in phi ratio to one another.
>>
I remember Scorsese telling a funny story about 2001 and how critics reacted to it. Imagine these sweaty ass dorky critics, piling up to see this film, their 5th movie they watched that day. So they get in, and first they sit in fucking darkness for 2 minutes, thinking "Is there something wrong with the projector?". Then they see that amazing Earth in space shot and they start rolling their eyes because literally just a few months ago of the same year, 1968, John Sturges released Ice Station Zebra which opens the same way. So they're really pissed off now. And what do they see next? Fucking apes. Apes. The same year Planet of the Apes came out Kubrick serves them up 25 minutes of apes. So it grinded a lot of gears back then
>>
Ok, I admit, HAL's pretty cool. Too bad that it takes an hour to fucking get to him.
>>
>>87521871
No fucking way.
>>
>>87519657
He's just pulling your tail/tugging your todger
>>
>>87519559
When I first watched it I kind of wanted a whole movie about those apes. It was getting good when he learned how to bonk. Wanted to see them defend themselves from wildcats.
>>
>>87519559
I too would like to see that
>>
>>87519559
So post it you waste of oxygen.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.