[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't get a proper read on this guy. Is he a good actor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 17

File: George_Clooney_2016.jpg (177KB, 402x519px) Image search: [Google]
George_Clooney_2016.jpg
177KB, 402x519px
I can't get a proper read on this guy. Is he a good actor or not? Why does it feel like he's in everything?
>>
>>87509332

Terrible actor who got by largely because he's handsome and because of taking important roles.
>>
>>87509332
He's a good movie star. Entirely different thing from being a good actor.
>>
>>87509402

This tbqh, the only movies where he doesn't play himself are Solaris and the American, only Solaris was actually good.
>>
>>87509332
He's not an actor. He's a celebrity, has charisma and is handsome. That's why the Coens only call him for their retarded throwaway comedies and wouldn't even consider him for Fargo or NCFOM
>>
He's competent, and has charm. And that's been enough for him and the image he wants to cultivate. Can anyone really imagine him playing a psychotic killer?
>>
>>87509332
He's a movie star, not an actor. cf. John Wayne, Gary Cooper, DDL, Tom Cruise
>>
>>87509402
What the fuck does this even mean? What is a movie star?
>>
>>87509332
>Is he a good actor or not?
Average. He plays himself in everything.
> Why does it feel like he's in everything?
Because he's well connected.
>>
>>87509560
>DDL
B8
>>
>>87509498
>Coen comedy
>throwaway
They're considered the masters of comedy because their comedies have meaning.
>>
>>87509584
Someone who always plays themselves that the general public likes. Put on them on a poster and people will go see it. They're clearly never the best actors or actresses in the film but they've got enough charisma to make up for it.
>>
>>87509596
If he looked like Steve Buscemi he'd be working at Subway
>>
>>87509332
I like him in the Coens films
>>
>>87509638
You're literally the first person I've ever heard that finds DDL attractive.
>>
>>87509584
I think it's basically this: there's something unique about a "movie star"'s personality, looks, whatever. You know he's basically the same "core" guy in every role, even if his actions differ.

See also:
Tom Hanks
Jack Nicholson
Tom Cruise

Their vocalizations, mannerisms, facial/verbal tics...all basically the same from movie to movie. Only their circumstances change.
>>
>>87509630
Isn't that true even of great actors that actually do know how to show range? If they're popular they can be used to draw people to the movie and have actual talent on top of that, like Ben Affleck.
>>
>>87509718
There's also that je ne sais quoi that movie stars like Clint Eastwood have.

I cannot conjure up a single name that is even on Clint Eastwood's level of stardom that has appearing in the last fifteen years. The closest are Will Smith and Tom Hanks and even they aren't even close. I'd say it's mostly beacuse audiences are just too wise to how the media is these days. Some might say cynical. It just seems childish to imagine any actor as larger than life. This isn't a discussion about acting talent (we all know there are some seriously talented actors out there) but a matter of just being interesting at all times.

Clint is just plain interesting no matter what career he chooses. I live in LA and see certain people (at the Grove or whatever) and usually the only thing that crosses my mind is, "They look so short off camera" while in the case of Clint Eastwood the only thing I though was "Holy crap that's Clint Eastwood."
>>
He spearheaded the campaign to smear Day-Lewis, and thru him method-acting, because he kept losing all the awards to him, his father was a hollywood insider blacklisted during McCarthyism thus inheriting insufferable second-generation entitlement, he has a huge ego on his own and he's closet gay.

He can't help but play himself
>>
yes he's a good screen actor. he's not some incredible theater school thespian but i've never caught myself saying 'this is bad acting.' i think he's kinda like dicaprio - has a memorable voice he can't change like some other actors i.e streep, spacey. and maybe he's a little too handsome for us to take really seriously. he has a lot of charisma and can definitely carry a movie. serious dramatic roles he was good in: michael clayton, the descendents, syriana...
>>
>>87509718
Tom Hanks is a weird one to use on that list. Compare Forrest Gump, The Terminal, and The Ladykillers. Just off the top of my head.
>>
>>87509332
Clooney is as close to a classic old style Hollywood icon as we've seen but his mediocre films have ruined his career. He never aspired to work with the best Directors and instead has made mostly low key snooze fests. Wasted his potential as a leading man and his best movie is STILL Return of the Killer Tomatoes!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>87509842
>He spearheaded the campaign to smear Day-Lewis, and thru him method-acting, because he kept losing all the awards to him, his father was a hollywood insider blacklisted during McCarthyism thus inheriting insufferable second-generation entitlement, he has a huge ego on his own and he's closet gay.
Holy fuck, is this shit true?
Because if it is, then there needs to be a movie about it, god damn it.
>>
>>87509805
huh? how are you defining stardom? i'd say jack nicholson and al pacino are bigger than clint eastwood
>>
>>87509876
His entire career posr-ER is a testament to the Clooney school of liberal celebrity
>>
>>87509861
What the fuck do you mean DiCaprio can't change his voice?
>>
>>87509876
it's called Ave, Caesar!
>>
>>87509332
Good not great. He's been successful mostly due to charm, good looks and a lot of luck.
>>
>>87509906
he tries to do accents but he always sounds like a teenager to me
>>
>>87509935
And nepotism of course. There's a lot of great actors that get little to no recognition.
>>
>>87509863
I hesitated to single out Hanks for those reasons, but for most of his roles, he's that reliably-chummy guy who you know will send you home feeling good about life and the world.

A lot of these "movie stars" are probably capable of breaking their molds, but once they achieved a certain level of superstardom, the thought of playing genuinely unsympathetic, sketchy characters scares them to death. Especially these days where the only thing that makes studios money is safe franchises based on lovable characters.
>>
>>87509964
such as?
>>
>>87509842
>He spearheaded the campaign to smear Day-Lewis, and thru him method-acting, because he kept losing all the awards to him
What the fuck are you talking about? Do you mean that oscars roundtable they shared where he made himself look like a retard? He didn't smear anyone but himself
>>
>>87509968
That's probably true for most of them, but you were right to hesitate on Hanks because I really don't think he's one of them. Even his most recent role is a villain.
>>
>>87509332
He's a wannabe Cary Grant.
>>
>>87509990
Keanu Reeves.
>>
>>87509560
Fuck you cruise was great in eyes wide shut that man is an ac-tor
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVxNjeGI0wA
>>
It's increasingly obvious the age of that one matinee leading man ahead of the pack is over. Try to come up with a name from this generation that fills that role. Male leads are now split into multiple demographics and types such that there isn't one clear actor in the forefront. Some years ago, I thought Bale was going to take the title for his generation but then he slowed down.
>>
>>87509718
Cruise is no Clooney buddy Clooney wouldn't never taken a role like eyes wide shut and never would've killed it like cruise did the man is amazing in that movie probably the best performance of the whole film
>>
These movie stars careers die the second they insist on putting their name above the title on the poster.

People like Clooney, Julia Roberts, Brad Pitt, were once all talented actors but everything they've done for the last 20 years has just been a moneymaking vehicle.

Pitt is a weird one because he got out of that and started acting in films again, but the second his profile was raised back up, back to the trash.
>>
>>87510177
Chris Pratt. Everyone loves him, kid or adult.
>>
>>87510177
Leo
>>
>>87510177
>Male leads are now split into multiple demographics and types such that there isn't one clear actor in the forefront.
Ryan Gosling.

La La Land, Drive, the Nice Guys, the Ides of March, the Big Short, all creative, iconic, and well made films.
>>
>>87510051
he fell for the action star meme though
>>
>>87510202
>but the second his profile was raised back up, back to the trash.
When was this? I can't recall a time when Brad Pitt hasn't done something I liked.
>>
>>87510202
Brad Pitt is not and never has been a good actor. His only good role is Fight Club, everything else he's either mediocre or straight up awful.
>>
>>87509332
HE PLAYS HIMSELF IN EVERYTHING

BUT HE'S A PRETTY COOL DUDE SO IT MOSTLY WORKS OUT

MICHAEL CLAYTON IS THE BEST MOVIE HE'S BEEN IN, THEN SYRIANA
>>
>>87510177
Why should studios rely on leading men/women anymore when actors evolved into the most expensive part of a movie and became total bitches and pricks to deal with as their fame grew? Better to rely on franchises and brand marketing than actors during the transition to virtual actors. Remember how that black mathematician was dropped from the Iron Man/Avengers series without a second thought as soon as he tried to be a bitch? That's the future for all actors. Once the uncanny valley thing is solved it's all over for mummers.
>>
>>87510277
Nice Guys was pretty good but it seems strange to call it iconic when it was a massive box office bomb.
>>
>>87510177
>>87510264

>>87510254
Pratt doesn't have half of Leo's fame
>>
>>87510304
Go watch Tree of Life you NERD.
>>
>>87510349
I have, he's not good. He's an incredibly poor actor who only got famous because he was a sex icon when he was younger.
>>
>>87510386
I'll have sex with YOU if you don't shut your mouth.
>>
>>87510282
Mr and Mrs Smith was trash
World War Z was trash
Benjamin Button was oscarbait trash
Fury was trash, but I enjoyed it

>>87510333
It seems to have picked up a minor cult following from college kids.
>>
>>87510304
I'd say he's pretty fucking good in 12 monkeys and se7en, maybe even interview with the vampire. He has done a lot of shitty movies since though.
>>
What is even the definition of a "good actor"? Range?
>>
He's really charismatic so I don't mind his movies, even though he has no range. Any of his movies where he plays a charismatic character are enjoyable. Like when he plays Danny Ocean. Anything else... meh.
>>
>>87510408
>oscarbait
Please, Benjamin Button was made for kids.
>>
>>87510436
Apparently. Guess their acting performance doesn't count for shit, what matters is that they can totally do a bunch of goofy accents like Gary Oldman.
>>
>>87510436
The intensity, the delivery of their lines, screen presence, the directors that they work with, methodology, looks, luck, charm, its really a huge mixed bag.
>>
>>87509718
Tom Cruise is a great actor though, unlike Clooney, that takes out there roles sometimes.
>>
>>87510430
I think he's awful in Se7en, especially when he's acting across Morgan Freeman and Kevin Spacey in every scene he's in. He's totally outclassed.
>>
>>87510436
Range, skill, nuance, accuracy, consistency, authenticity
>>
>>87510517
nah its mostly just looks. writing is whats truly important
>>
>>87510323
There's truth here. Kinda looking forward to how celebs and members of the culturati react to obsolescence.
>>
File: 1499963103953.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1499963103953.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
>>87510323
>that black mathematician
>>
>>87510323
THIS WAS THE PLOT OF LE CONGRÈS

>>87509861
THE AMERICAN AND SOLARIS ARE ALSO GOOD CLOONY
>>
>>87510323
>Remember how that black mathematician was dropped from the Iron Man/Avengers series without a second thought as soon as he tried to be a bitch?
What the fuck are you talking about? Didn't they just replace him because Don Cheadle is better?
>>
>black mathematician
>>
>>87510847
CRAZY AND SMALL DICK TOO
>>
>>87510743
>le le congress
https://infoscience.epfl.ch/record/101521/files/Cavazza_and_al_CGA_98.pdf
>>
>>87510941
Why the fuck would anyone open a shady-looking PDF?
>>
>>87510787
nope, short version:
black math god wanted more $$$ for IM2 and that meant a pay cut for RDJ. RDJ told Marvel to fuck off with this shit basically. Exit black mathematician. Enter Don Cheadle.
>>
>>87511071
Because I got all the info I needed about you six weeks ago from equifax, John.
>>
He's pretty good in the rare role where he's not playing "George Clooney in..."
>>
>>87509777
>Isn't that true even of great actors that actually do know how to show range?
No. They don't have the mass appeal of Clooney or Will Smith.
>>
>>87511499
Are either one of those guys able to sell a movie anymore?
>>
>>87511268
Is there some joke I'm missing? I thought the actor was a rapper.
>>
>>87511531
Will Smith? Definitely. Clooney? Probably not, but around the time of Ocean's Eleven and O Brother Where Art Thou I would say yes.
>>
>>87511499
Why would you name Will Smith when he shows range all the time? Listen to his voice in Concussion.
>>
>>87511604
>he shows range all the time?
Any examples besides Concussion?
>>
>>87511644
Dunno but have this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmerFuzRNZ4
>>
>>87511703
He's going to need more than one movie and a scene from Fresh Prince to escape his decades long binge of appearing in Hollywood blockbusters as himself.
>>
>>87511602
>Will Smith? Definitely.
Is this true?
>>
>>87511813
Well Suicide Squad made quite a bit of money and got an Oscar despite being torn apart by the critics so I'd say so.
>>
>>87509332
He's actually pretty good, he's usually just in movies where he is told to "act like George Clooney".

Check out The Descendants.
>>
>>87511787
Does it matter? He's a really good actor. Nothing can make me dislike him.
>>
i'm enjoying this thread
>>
>>87511855
No one is saying you can't like him, but he is a movie star that constantly only plays himself.
>>
>>87511836
The Disney movie about the kids of villains? Why the fuck is he in that?
>>
>>87511835
Wait, wasn't that a comic book movie which got an Academy Award for makeup or something?
>>
Is Good Night, and Good Luck a good movie? I feel asleep watching it and never gave it another chance.
>>
>>87511787
ali
persuit of happiness
7 pounds
hancock
enemy of the state
>>
>>87512026
David Straitharn is great but otherwise it's a very unremarkable film.
>>87512150
Ali is a good choice. I completely forgot about it. The rest are all pretty weak. How is Will Smith not playing himself in Enemy of the State?
>>
>>87511882
I'm not denying that there are actors who play themselves, but I'm not a fan of the phrase "movie star" being extended to mean that when all it really means is that they're a famous, big-name actor.
>>
>>87511956
Yes, which proves my point. Side note, have you seen how Killer Croc looks? All makeup. It deserved that Oscar.
>>
>>87512354
That's what it has always meant, and it doesn't exist anymore
>>
>>87512413
I think the term people are looking for is "personality actor." As opposed to a character actor like Aidan Gillen.
>>
>>87512481
A movie star is also popular and a living legend, it's a prestige class not just a type of actor
>>
>>87512517
So we agree, right? It's a completely different term that does not belong in this discussion, at least in the context most people are using it here.
>>
>>87512641
No, we disagree. The thing you might best agree with is my fist
>>
>>87512706
Your bones aren't going to be agreeing to connect to each other if you dare to threaten me again.
>>
>>87510304
>Best Brad Pitt movie
>Not Troy

go 2 bed, Hector
>>
>>87512706
Fuck off then faggot.
>>
>>87509466
I've always wanted to watch Solaris. Which version should I watch? My initial plan was original and then the remake
>>
*RANDOM GIBBERISH* MOVIE STAR
*MORE UNINTELLIGIBLE NONSENSE* ROCK STAR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEKTafyHVbA#t=28s
>>
File: 1504594833044.jpg (2MB, 3168x1360px) Image search: [Google]
1504594833044.jpg
2MB, 3168x1360px
>>87512777
Perhaps this will answer your question.
>>
Test.
>>
>>87512752
I said best role, not movie. Fucking brainlet.
>>
>>87510304
umm no sweetie. come back when you've watched Burn After Reading
>>
Brad does a very serviceable job as Jesse James, even if Casey is the best actor in that movie. I really liked the "dusting" scene.
>>
>>87510039
This.
>>
>>87510277
Let's have a little respect for semantics: Psycho and The Godfather are ''iconic''; La La Land is not.

Just like how Picasso is an ''artist'', but Katy Perry, though referred to as such, is not.
>>
>>87509842
You high, nigga. And incoherent.
>>
>>87509718
Umm you need to watch more Jack Nicholson sweetie.
>>
>>87509842
> his father was a hollywood insider blacklisted during McCarthyism

If you are talking about Clooney's father here, you are off by 15 years, since Nick Clooney was a newsman (not in Hollywood ) in the 1960s-1970s. McCarthy was 1950s.

You sound like a liar with an ax to grind
>>
>>87513387
Lets not be reactionary, the films of the modern age are shaping and influencing our culture as much now as they ever have. La La Land was a hit in every sense and is now a standard on the walls of student halls.

Compare La La Land to the musicals that have been released over the last 20 years- all Andrew Lloyd Webber trash, nothing about real people in real situations. La La Land flipped that and did it very well.
>>
>>87509332
Decent dramatic actor, good comedic actor, great movie star.
>>
>>87513387
La La Land will definitely be considered a classic as time goes on. It's laughable to claim it's not iconic.
>>
I like his voice, he makes a better VA.
>>
>>87513697
Looked it up and he's only done voice acting in two things, one of which is (ugh) South Park. Kinda sucks when people with perfect voice actor voices don't do any voice acting.
>>
Any actor who makes it so far with their acting that they start getting work as a director clearly has staying power.
>>
>>87513789
Yeah but Fantastic Mr Fox was great at least
>>
>>87513697
>>87513789
>>87514645
I don't think there are many American animations which his voice would be suited for
>>
He was ridiculously good looking in his prime and he has a sexy voice. Acting skills account for shit in this scenario.
>>
>>87514645
Surprised to see praise for something animated on /tv/.
>>
>>87514930
>He was ridiculously good looking in his prime
About that, he doesn't look any different to me now than he did 20 years ago. Is he immortal?
>>
>>87515647
/tv/ is not a hive mind
>>
>>87516224
Wouldn't know from how consistently I see this board scream "autist" or "reddit" any time someone dares to put thought into a post. And every time you mention something that is not a "/tv/-approved movie" they tell you to go back to /v/, /co/, /a/, et cetera.
>>
the movies i saw with him were Burn After Reading and Hail Ceasar, and he basically played the same character in both of those. Not a good sign
>>
>>87516359
You've only seen two movies with George Clooney and one of them was just last year? What the heck are you doing? How did you miss so many movies?
>>
Hes the pet of the UN, Democrats and basically any organisation devoted to a one world government.

A prime archetype of the globalist. A man of nowhere who lives in Italy but will swear up and down he's American so you should curtail American rights because he says so.

He's boomer bait, nobody under 30 gives a shit about him.
>>
>>87516487
SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT POLITICS.
>captcha: maher
FUCK!
>>
>>87516515
You want me to deny the single defining feature of Clooney because it bothers you?

He made himself leftypol incarnate.
>>
He was a better Batman than bale
>>
The Descendants and Michael Clayton. Kino?
>>
>>87516565
I want you to talk about film on the film board instead of fucking politics. YOU FUCKING IDIOT.
>leftypol
FUCK. YOU.
>>
>>87516619
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXzcSCf3kwg
>>
>>87509777
Ben Afflek is a really, really bad example. Bro can't act. Never could.

Better example would be Robert Downy Jr, or Johnny Depp. They're pretty boys, but they can act. They can do characters.

Clooney is like Kurt Russell. People just like him. That's why they throw him in movies, he's box office gold. Clooney has made some interesting choices, like Burn After Reading, Men Who Stare At Goats, Intolerable Cruelty, From Dusk Till Dawn, that give him credibility. He does the chick/political flicks and dumb Ocean's movies, so they'll let him make the movies he wants to.
>>
>>87514910
Wait a minute, are you trying to suggest that Clooney's voice is best suited to anime voice acting? His voice sounds like an anime voice to you?
>>
>>87509968
Hanks is different, in that he broke away and made his own production company, and makes films he wants to make. Plus, he's talented. He's not Scorseces, but he can make a good, entertaining movie, most of the time.
>>
>>87516904
I like him in Cloud Atlas because he plays like ten different characters and all of them are completely different.
>>
>>87510202
Julia Roberts was never a talented actress. Ever. I've never understood the appeal - she's not very good looking, and she plays everything the same.
I watched Steel Magnolias, because I like Shirley. That movie had women who can fucking ACT their asses off - Shirley Mclain, Daryl Hannah, Olympia, Sally Field - hell, Dolly parton is better actress than Julia. Throw in Tom Skerrit, and Julia's scenes are just fucking dreck.
>>
>>87510304
Brad was excellent in Burn After Reading, Inglorious Basterds, Sleepers, The Mexican, Snatch, Twelve Monkeys, hell, even Fury wasn't half bad. You just have shit taste in movies.
>>
>>87510539
Cruise is not a great actor, you just like him because he was in a meme movie, Eyes Wide Shut - and anyone could have played that part, especially with the director. At best, he's bland.

The guy who's turned out to be a good fucking actor is Michael Keaton.
>>
>>87511855
I dislike him, because he's a Scientologist.

I don't trust or like any of those fuckers.
>>
>>87512150
His best work was Men In Black. He plays the same part in every movie, the wise cracking half-a-nigger. The only time he broke away from that was Hancock, and everyone hates it.
>>
>>87513641
No, it won't. It's already been forgotten.
>>
>>87516359
Those characters were nothing alike.

Next time, don't watch drunk.
>>
>>87516836
I don't know what "anime voice" is, I just don't think his kind of smooth-talking is particularly prevalent in current animation. If he were to dub anime movies I still don't see many roles for suave old man either.
>>
>>87517239
Only in your wet dreams.
>>
>>87517207
Oh yes I totally remember him cracking wise in Concussion.
>>
File: Yozawa_Tochio.png (158KB, 720x648px) Image search: [Google]
Yozawa_Tochio.png
158KB, 720x648px
>>87517534
That is a very strange claim to make about anime movies in particular. If you were talking about TV series it would be more accurate since those tend to focus on teenagers but Ghibli movies (which are the only ones that tend to cast regular actors for their dubs) have a lot of adult males and could easily fit him in somewhere. Of course, since we're in the realm of hypotheticals anyway there's a lot more Clooney-age characters in TV series than you might expect so if Clooney decided to break into the industry he'd have plenty to work with. I was going to post a good example but I found this manga picture instead and it's too good not to post.
>>
>>87510304
You're wrong and it sounds like you've only seen Fight Club. He's great and has a ton of range.

Look at his roles in Burn After Reading, Se7en, 12 Monkeys, Troy, Assassination of Jesse James, Legends of the Fall, Seven Years in Tibet, Killing Them Softly, Moneyball, Snatch, etc.

Those are all great/mostly good movies and he's usually one of the highlights of the film.
>>
I'm glad that many people disagree with the assertion that Brad Pitt is a bad actor. Faith in /tv/ restored.
>>
>>87517751
No instead he put on a hilariously shitty accent then cried like a bitch and stayed home from the Oscars.
>>
>>87518099
I was staying away from TV anime for a variety of reasons and mostly because it's not going to happen.

As for films, Ghibli is exactly what I had in mind and no they do not have many adult males, those that do have limited roles or do not fit the Clooney archetype. The only recent one he would be good for is one of the suitors in Princess Kaguya but it's such a small part why would you bother?
>>
>>87509402
Truth but he picks good projects. Three Kings and Out of Sight are GOAT tier late 90s movies. I also highly recommend The Descendants.
>>
>>87518371
Speaking of Goats, how is that one? The cast is top-notch.
>>
>>87509584
Actor:DDL
Movie Star: Marky Mark
>>
>>87518419
I thought it was decent. He and Ewan were good together.
>>
Clooney is underrated as a comedic actor because of his handsome movie star persona. He's been great in every Coen Brothers movie he's done. Intolerable Cruelty is very underrated.
>>
>>87512777
I've only watched the original, but that movie left such an impact on me, and was such a unique and visceral experience that I never even bothered with the remake.
>>
>>87518426
Can you explain why someone in this thread tried to claim DDL is a "movie star"?

You can use the answer "Simple: They are an idiot." if you want.
>>
File: Rudolf.png (372KB, 700x1193px) Image search: [Google]
Rudolf.png
372KB, 700x1193px
>>87518335
Other big actors had pretty small roles in Ghibli films, like Patrick Stewart in Nausicaa and Billy Bob Thornton in Princess Mononoke, so they're no stranger to doing that. I think Clooney could fit in, but the thing is they've already been cast and dubbed long ago, so like I was saying, the matter is largely academic. So it's more a question of who he could fit as, rather than "would it ever happen" (which it won't, because I think if Clooney had any actual interest in voice acting, he would have gotten into it long ago).

Like check out this dude. I could see Clooney's voice fitting a dude like this.
>>
>>87509560
>Tom Cruise
Born on the 4th of July
Valkyrie
Rain Man
Tropic Thunder
>>
>>87518648
DDL IS a movie star. But he's also a brilliant actor.
>>
File: he has come for the children.jpg (283KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
he has come for the children.jpg
283KB, 640x427px
>>87512777
Don't watch the fucking remake.
seriously
>>
>>87509386
I never thought he was that attractive t.b.h

t. woman
>>
>>87521292
What is a woman doing on /tv/?
>>
>>87518553
>>87521237
Cheers lads
>>
>>87521318
Attention whoring
>>
>>87520783
Isn't it weird to call him a "movie star" when he's been in a grand total of 18 movies? Dude only draws people to his movies because they're curious what the fuck this guy found worthy of acting in after a five year break.
>>
>>87511579
He had some theory where 1+1=3 or some shit. Look it up
>>
>>87509466
He was great in Burn After Reading. Totally out of character.
>>
>>87509332

He's like John Wayne. He plays himself in every movie but he's still enjoyable to watch despite it.
>>
>>87521659
Oh yeah, his O Brother, Where Art Thou? character is just like all his other characters. Totally.
>>
>>
>>87521570
>Terryology goes back to Howard's college days. The future actor was studying chemical engineering at Pratt — but dropped out when he realized that he fundamentally disagreed with his professors about the basics of math. The argument focused on the simple equation of one times one.

>"How can it equal one?" Howard asked Rolling Stone, and the universe. "If one times one equals one that means that two is of no value because one times itself has no effect. One times one equals two because the square root of four is two, so what's the square root of two? Should be one, but we're told it's two, and that cannot be."

>Good thing Howard didn't need that engineering degree. He eventually made his way up in Hollywood, receiving an Oscar nomination for Hustle & Flow. He seemed unstoppable — until stories about Howard being difficult to work with, coupled with an increasing public awareness of his history of domestic violence, torpedoed his career.

>"There's nothing worse than being a broke movie star," said the actor.

>So he focused his attention on Terryology, devoting up to 17 hours a day to cutting up wires and plastic to form building-block-like contraptions he believes will bring truth to the universe. He's created his own symbols so no one can steal his ideas; patents are involved.

>"This is the last century that our children will ever have been taught that one times one is one," he told Rolling Stone. "They won't have to grow up in ignorance. Twenty years from now, they'll know that one times one equals two. We're about to show a new truth. The true universal math. And the proof is in these pieces. I have created the pieces that make up the motion of the universe. together."

>When the magazine came to Howard's home, Howard and his wife, Mira Pak, acted as if they were living harmoniously as a couple. It's since come to light that they've actually been living separately since August 2014.

It's somehow even more ridiculous than you made it sound.
>>
>>87520668
>Valkyrie
lel, I watched this last night after watching Conspiracy. Valkyrie is corny as fuck in comparison and Cruise felt out of place.
>>
>>87520668
>not mentioning color of money
>magnolia
>interview with the vampire where he's just hamming it up every second
C'mon man.
>>
>>87509332
He is freakin' amazing. Ocean's Eleven and all.
>>
File: ddl last of the mohicans.jpg (276KB, 620x375px) Image search: [Google]
ddl last of the mohicans.jpg
276KB, 620x375px
>>87509688
Do you know how many moms rubbed one out to this movie?
>>
>>87509332
Doesn't really have much of a range
He is good at those few kinda things he does though
>>
>>87509560
Tom Cruise is an excellent actor who happens to be the biggest movie star of all time. He's really in his owm category
>>
File: george clooney 1.jpg (52KB, 833x519px) Image search: [Google]
george clooney 1.jpg
52KB, 833x519px
>>87521292
He's a hunky fucking silver fox and I'd let him do whatever he wanted to me without question
t. straight dude
>>
>>87509332
He is pretty interesting. Batman and robin should have tanked his career but then he was able to be in something like oceans 11, which I like. He's an okay actor but nothing too great. I'm guessing getting close to the Coens and being handsome for 30+ women helped his career
>>
>>87523676
>mostly attractive to straight (gay) dudes
explains a lot
>>
File: eleven.jpg (304KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
eleven.jpg
304KB, 1242x2208px
>>87522969
>tfw to smart 4 maths
>>
Syriana is a great fucking movie
>>
File: kramer hey buddy.jpg (37KB, 715x535px) Image search: [Google]
kramer hey buddy.jpg
37KB, 715x535px
>>87513789
>one of which is (ugh) South Park
It was a pretty GOAT cameo in the first season of southpark where no shits were given.
The same season that when Jerry Seinfeld offered to do a voice for them they cast him as turkey#2.
>>
File: george clooney.jpg (128KB, 1125x675px) Image search: [Google]
george clooney.jpg
128KB, 1125x675px
>>87523712
And mom's. Mom's fucking love the Cloontang.
>>
File: the peacemaker 1.jpg (370KB, 1200x1783px) Image search: [Google]
the peacemaker 1.jpg
370KB, 1200x1783px
Pic related is a pretty decent but forgotten late 90's action-thriller, like a tom clancy/jack ryan typr movie with some neat action set pieces like the nuke heist in the beginning and airlifting off a collapsing bridge.
>>
>>87509386
>being on early Roseanne was an important role
>>
>>87524475
He worked in tv for years as "that guy."
Getting a lead role on ER is what really upped his profile.
>>
File: aAvENN5.png (717KB, 1000x581px) Image search: [Google]
aAvENN5.png
717KB, 1000x581px
>>87513589
>>87513641

>"make it Moonlight instead"
>>
>>87524406

> nicole kidman

ruins everything shes in, and this was the only role where she looked attractive.
>>
File: nicole kidman 1.jpg (83KB, 655x1000px) Image search: [Google]
nicole kidman 1.jpg
83KB, 655x1000px
>>87525229
>the only role where she looked attractive.
t. The gayest gay from the planet of the gays.
>>
>>87521292
your opinion doesn't really matter
>>
>>87521292
let me guess, your favorite actor is idris elba, right?
>>
>>87516832
>he's box office gold

Clooney is box office poison. Worst Batman ever. How many decades has it been since he was in a good movie?
>>
>>87525625
>How many decades has it been since he was in a good movie?
How many Oscars did gravity win again?
>>
>>87509718
I love Bill Murray, but I gotta add him to this list. Even the special features on Groundhog Day have an actor mentioning "Oh, it was a Bill Murray film, so I figured it be Bill doing Bill things, and it would be a hit, so I jumped on'
Thread posts: 204
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.