[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Characters are afraid each of one specific thing Isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1502430226236-sp.jpg (18KB, 294x315px) Image search: [Google]
1502430226236-sp.jpg
18KB, 294x315px
>Characters are afraid each of one specific thing
Isn't that a bit weird?
I've never know a person who could think of something that scares them the most. Even if there was such a thing, it'd probably be a scenario, not some silly shit like "Spiders" or "Clowns"
>>
This is character writing 101. Each character needs a primary trait, a goal or personality type that governs all of their actions within the story. One way to spice things up is to give them another trait that can conflict with that goal or personality. It creates turmoil and a challenge for them to overcome and grow.
>>
>>87488164
Yeah, 101. The most basic when you don't know any better. Not for professionals.
>>
>>87488185
SO MUCH THIS! All good writers ignore the fundamentals and just plop out a good old fashioned bucket of loose, muddy diarrhea. That's how you they're a good writer.
>>
>>87488164
So what would you do to fix it? Would you just have Pennywise transform into something vague like economic anxiety? Performance anxiety? Would you prefer a scene where Eddie was walking along the street and suddenly remembered his taxes were almost due?
>>
File: received_301052850360868.gif (466KB, 160x158px) Image search: [Google]
received_301052850360868.gif
466KB, 160x158px
>>87488489
>>
OP is scared that everyone is gonna find out he's a critical overanalyzing faggot, who at the risk of sounding redundant, likes to suck dicks!

kys before it's too late!
>>
>>87488017

Jesus Christ OP... it's based on a book and the book has character traits.

Holy fuck do you people even read? I bet you have a character trait OP... it's wasting your life on an imageboard because you're too afraid to interact with people in the real world.

IT will appear to you as a tranny and bite your dick off.
>>
>>87488692
>>87488639
Why are you defending shit's that plain dumb and unrealistic?
>>
>>87488489
I wonder what Pennywise's tax policy actually was
>>
>>87488927
The opposite of your tax policy
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.