[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPH SXUS0_1c

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: america.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
america.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPHSXUS0_1c
>>
He had me up until he started talking about how America used to be great. When was America ever great? After the revolutionary war when we were committing genocide against the natives and utilizing African Americans as slaves? After WW2 when we, along with the Soviets pushed the human race to the brink of armageddon?

No nation is ever "great". This is the biggest lie we've ever told ourselves as a society. Nations are nothing more than a collection of people and there are no great or small people- just people. People can do great things yes, but they can also do evil things. As nations we tend to do too much of the latter.

And why are Americans so obsessed with being the "greatest"? Why are other nations? It's not a fucking competition. This is life, this is humanity. We should be trying to be the best that we can and if we are, then it doesn't if we're the "greatest" or not. Let's drop the jingoist bullshit and start acting not like Americans or Chinese or Russians but like human beings.
>>
File: 1417231895827.jpg (70KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
1417231895827.jpg
70KB, 333x500px
>>87467208
4/10 Trying a bit too hard
>>
>>87467091
>grandstanding in front of undergrads to look good
That's like if I went to a kindergarten, and lectured them on the currect state of societal decay. Sorkin is a faggot. That said, I like FGM and SN, but don't know how much of that is due to other people.
>>
>>87467208
Not entirely true! There are lots of things Europe can learn from America. Let me ask the following question: Considering that, in the early 90s, an important part of the Internet was developed in France (at CERN, by an English dude!) then, why have all the greatest business opportunities being appearing in the US (google, facebook, dropbox, amazon, etc. ). Most of these businesses being created by ordinary peopleā€¦ Answer that question and you will find out why America is one of the greatest countries in the world...

(Signed by an european)
>>
old
>>
>>87467091
Oh wow some liberal faggot gets to write a monologue in an echo chamber without having to stand up for himself or face any opposition for his writing how brave and bold
>>
>>87467208
Many Americans know this too, esp in the last 15 years as we've watched so many things go wrong that it is becoming hard to ignore. Endless wars of choice, ballooning deficits, the failure of our health care system (high prices, inhuman and terrible coverage), the illusion of democracy shredded (the plutocratic nature of our government is much more transparent now), blatant election fraud, etc.

Every time Trump (who I voted for) gives a speech about this being the greatest country in the world I want to puke. He doesn't respect us enough to be honest with us. If a president said 'we have serious problems we need to work on' that would be great. But we never get that. We get baseless platitudes which assume we are too stupid to understand what is going on in the world while the real problems in this country go unsolved year after year.
>>
>>87467208
America is by definition of the word "great", the greatest country in the world. It is the most politically, economically, militarily, and culturally relevant country in the world, bar none.
>>
>>87467298
Hows that even an argument?

I live in central Europe and anywhere you go is still 1st world country living. Universal healthcare, free education, high taxes, high security, cultured and educated people. Traditional society with some more globalist influences recently in bigger cities.

Now compare that to the US:

>shit education (even when you pay 100k for it)
>shit healthcare (even if you pay 10k insurance a year)
>shit groceries/food/chemicals in everything
>no culture
>no traditions
>police state
>neo-fascist government with retarded hippie/redneck population
>2/3 of population overweight or obese
>dumbest people in the world
>ugly
>loud
>annoying

The USA is a fucking joke.
>>
>>87467342
Is there a country out there that qualifies as "the greatest country in the world?"
If someone came up and told me, "I live in the greatest country in the world", the first thing I'd do is be suspicious about the sorts of propaganda this person had consumed.
The US is a great damn country. I live here and friends, I'll tell you, it's damned awesome. I work an eight hour day. I have money left over. I save money for retirement. I live in a 1600 square foot home with my wife and child. We have great TV programs. I can drive 3 hours to the beach. I can drive 4 hours to the mountains. I can drive 12 hours to Disney World. We have many organisations where people can volunteer to help other people. We have a great craft beer scene. We have nearly every ethnic food you can imagine. I can go have Korean, Vietnamese, Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Mexican, Tex/Mex, Peruvian, Jamaican, German, Italian, American, Soul, Memphis/Eastern NC/ Texas BBQ for dinner.
We, by and large, are a force of good in the world. We've sent aid and volunteers after every natural disaster. Gadaffi threatened to go into homes and murder women, children, grandparents of disidents. Should we have sat back and let him, when we could do something about it? Should we have let Assad kill women, children and babies with chemical weapons?
Even in my lifetime I've witnessed great improvements. Desegregation, mixed race marriages, gay marriage, people of the same sex holding hands and being affectionate, legalizing marijuana.
The US is a great country and I'm proud to be an American. Do we have problems, sure, and we are working on them.
>>
>>87467348
>police state
>neo fascist government

as a european, youre one to fucking talk. you fags cant even post something offensive on twitter without the gestapo breaking down your door and bringing you in for hurting some liberals feelings
>>
Let's be serious for a moment...

I'm not American but I've been surrounded by platitudes all day, and its making me resentful.

Under what metric would America be the greatest nation on earth, where Russia or China would be the second greatest? Patriotism is universal, but no other western democracy (apart from France perhaps) feels the need to constantly call itself the 'greatest' country in the world. If my neighbours kept telling me they were the 'greatest' family in the world, I'd start to think they were a little insecure.

To me, its irksome, its alienating and its confusing. Could we please talk about America's self image?
>>
>>87467091
Probably the worst thing ever written desu
>>
>>87467208
This, is the guy in the OP video supposed to be a racist?
>>
>>87467091
>AMERICA SUCKS LMAO
>IM SO ABOVE IT ALL
>POLITICS SUCKS
>IM A RADICAL BRO, I DONT FIT YOUR NORMS
>US IS STUPID, EUROPE IS BETTER, CHRISTIANS ARE STUPID (j-just ignore the US going to the moon, computers, internet, smart phones, automobiles, morse code, radio, television, phonograph, lever action and hand-crank machine guns, refrigerators, atomic bombs, airplanes, air conditioning, cameras, movies, microwaves, video games, defibrillators, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.)
>>
>>87467374
>Desegregation, mixed race marriages, gay marriage, people of the same sex holding hands and being affectionate

how are the sons that your wife brought to the marriage doing?
>>
>Why is America the best country in the world?
White Protestants
>>
>>87467393
>Could we please talk about America's self image?
yeah this might have more to do with your image of Americans than our image of ourselves. It's clearly white Protestants who are the best people in the world but that's a different matter.
>>
>>87467567
WTF I hate Jeff Daniels now
>>
>>87467840
WTF I hate Jeff Dunham now
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.