[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I mean eh... It was a good movie but it fucked with Canon so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 362
Thread images: 41

File: IMG_6512.jpg (66KB, 220x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6512.jpg
66KB, 220x330px
I mean eh...
It was a good movie but it fucked with Canon so much. Bill Skarsgard and Finn Wolfhard are fucking great though.
>>
Haven't seen it yet
Did they keep the handy in the junkyard and Hockstetter's dead animal fridge?
>>
>>87461579
Nope. Patrick gets fucked over in terms of what his character does/importance
>>
>>87461592
God damn it. What was the point of even putting him in the movie then if they aren't gonna explore him?
>>
>>87461481

I just want a good movie at this point. The book is always going to be there. As long as the metaphysics are basically intact, I am happy. Gonna see IT tomorrow night
>>
>>87461481
an endorsement of Skarsgard is enough to sell the movie, really. Are you sure you thought he was great?
>>
>>87461481

just got back from it lads

how old is beverly in real life

asking for a friend
>>
>>87461817
>>
>>87461481

>canon

it's one fucking book. who cares?
>>
>>87461959
This. Just do whatever you want.
>>
File: Mike_Hanlon-0.jpg (65KB, 610x692px) Image search: [Google]
Mike_Hanlon-0.jpg
65KB, 610x692px
anyone else think it was weird when the bullies were beating up the black kid because he's homeschooled?

Like there's NO OTHER way he stands out. Nope, he's just homeschooled. He's a homeschoola, yo
>>
>>87462044
Bullies are tolerant
>>
I was just upset the ritual of chud wasn't name-dropped or that the turtle was brought up, also wished they had the Jew dead in the bathtub to link it to the adult movie, the ending was abrupt
>>
>>87462190
I didnt see them tolerating that Homeschooled-American
>>
>>87462044
>they don't even keep the racism angle for Mike
That's a stupid decision. Even though it's the late 80s, Mike is still one of the few black people in Derry so of course he would be harassed by bullies for it.
>>
>>87462234
>that the turtle was brought up

they alluded to the turtle during the lake scene
>>
>>87462294
I think that anon is misremembering or just lying, they definitely directly bring up racism. "People like you don't belong in my town"
>>
>>87462044
Dude they were clearly implying it was his race. The way Henry talks about his parents and how he's treated by everyone it's pretty obvious. Not sure why they weren't as blatant about it but it was still there all the same
>>
>>87461771
Not OP but he wasn't half bad. Acting as a whole was pretty great. If anything I just wish there were some traditional effects in the movie instead of all the shitty cgi but that's just modern horror films in general.
>>
Just got back. Fucking loved it. Wasn't scary, but had all the heart and sincerity you could hope for. The humor was great, the kids were great, Pennywise was fucking fantastic, and the movie didn't waste any time. 2 hours well spent. God damn. This is why movies can be good. It felt like an adventure. I genuinely gave a shit about these kids and the first genuine fight with It was really well shot. The Stranger Things kid was great but that's also because he got to play Richie. All the kids brought it.

>Welcome to the losers' club, asshole!

Favorite scene.
>>
>>87462390

And Bill dropped Georgie's lego turtle.

The director said that while he wasn't going to feature the turtle, he was going to have lots of subtle background stuff.
>>
>>87462394
yeah, because they hate homeschooled people retard. did you watch the movie?
>>
>>87462587
pretty much agree. had flaws but it was still fun. reminded me a lot of early 90s kid movies. everyone at the theatre seemed to enjoy it.
>>
>>87462044
i was waiting the whole time for him to call him a nigger and it never happened. I want my money back
>>
>>87462044
AYO
>>
>>87462044
God, I can't believe that they bullied him for being a dirty fucking HOMESCHOOLER!
>>
While it stayed fairly faithful, it did skirt along the edge of source loyalty sometimes. Nothing wrong with that, but the sequel needs to tighten it up a bit or it'll lose its grand scale and just be a monster movie. The end fight was extremely satisfying, despite some pacing lapses earlier.

Pennywise was hit and miss. He was a bit too goofy at times, and the boggly eyes looked good sometimes, but they didnt make him look scary in the way the pin-prick iris lenses they used with Tim Curry did. He never looked really savage and inhuman. Glad they had the deadlights though, and it was a great touch when the unloaded gun hurt pennywise, a clue to him being a slave to his own power.

It wasnt perfect, but it was pretty good. It'll live and die on the sequel.
>>
File: 1480734661227.gif (3MB, 300x264px) Image search: [Google]
1480734661227.gif
3MB, 300x264px
>>87462390
>Turtle in the lake
>Lego turtle on Georgie's nightstand
>>
>Killing the second biggest bad guy of the second movie
Why did they do this?
>>
>>87462587
>NO MAN CAN KILL ME. I WILL FEED ON YOUR FLESH AND FEAST ON YOUR FEAR.
>*Bev steps out from behind the group*
>I am no man!
>*Delivers the final silver bullet into Pennywise*
>The show's over freakshow!

What the actual fuck were the writers thinking with this scene? The only thing worse was the fat guy sitting next to me chowing down on a bottomless bucket of popcorn for the whole movie. I actually enjoyed It a lot when I stopped thinking of it as a horror movie and more as a coming of age movie with horror elements. Pennywise and Richie and Bev are all great. Not to say the other kids are bad, but Mike wasn't developed enough and the other kids had a couple of lame lines, but nothing to spoil the movie. I would give It a solid 8/10 on the objective quality of the movie, but a 10/10 on how much I enjoyed It.
>>
>>87463012

Who's the second biggest bad guy? I didn't read the book.
>>
>>87463012

I could see them being retarded and still saying he landed in water, didn't die, and washed up somewhere, getting charged with the murders.
>>
>>87463166
Henry doesn't die, only is imprisoned, so he stabs the fuck out of Mike in the book when they're adults.
>>
File: 592ee35342c5a.image.jpg (120KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
592ee35342c5a.image.jpg
120KB, 1200x799px
DOUGIE JONES FOR CELEBB
>>
>>87463012
Stupid way to finish his story in the movie but he most likely didn't die.
>>
>>87461481
Needs to be made into a long ass mini series and every must stick to the source material to the tooth. I liked the movie and it was a good horror flick but it still doesn't get the feeling of the novel at all.

We will never get a perfect IT film/show
>>
>ancient evil gets the shit beat out of him by a bunch of kids

How embarrassing. It was still a pretty good scene though.
>>
>>87462636
Homeschoolers are pretty bad though. they are responsible for 50% of the crime in America
>>
>>87463200
wow, he REALLY hates homeschoolers
>>
File: Actor-113981-134311-tim_reid.jpg (19KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
Actor-113981-134311-tim_reid.jpg
19KB, 300x450px
I'm disappointed the Losers Club's historian shifted from Mike to Ben, not to mention his development in this movie was thin compared to the other losers. Perhaps in the sequel Mike will get more screentime since he's the only member to stay in Derry as the town librarian.
>>
>>87463417
Mike was the token homeschooler, he was shoe-horned in enough as it is
>>
>>87463408
Homeschoolers really are the worst, aren't they?
>>
>>87463309

wtf, its actually true. what timeline did i wake up in?
>>
>>87463012
My prediction is that in Part 2 they'll show a flashback of Henry being saved from the fall by Pennywise and being told something like "I'm not finished with you yet" or "You're still useful to me".

My only reason for thinking this is because Henry is a huge antagonist in the grownup portion of the story.
>>
>>87463794
Once a homeschooler, always a homeschooler, am i right or what boys?
>>
I'm a little pissed that they completely fudged up each of the Loser's initial encounter with Pennywise. The only one that stayed faithful was Eddie's encounter with the Leper.

I really wanted to watch Ben see Pennywise at the canal.
>>
>>87461667
This was only "chapter one" maybe (but not likely) it will be covered in "chapter two".
>>87462044
This film is probably too high brow for a lot of people.
>>
>>87463159
This.
The film could literally stand on it's own as a coming of age movie, all the horror bits removed, and still be phenomenal. How the FUCK did they manage to do that?
>>
>>87464458
Maybe Patrick's past is brought up by Mike in the sequel and becomes sickened by his sadism and animal cruelty. Then when he opens the fridge (where Stan's head comes out of) he also finds the dead animals and winged leeches to scare him shitless.
>>
Sad that we will have to wait 27 years for the sequel
>>
Is it actually spooky or is it DUDE JUMPSCARES?
>>
>make Patrick Hockstetter hot
>take out the scene where he sucks dick

Hacks.
>>
>>87465924

It's DUDE JUMPSCARES but probably the best execution you'll ever see.
>>
Who should they cast for Chapter 2?
>>
File: 1476572492184.png (335KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1476572492184.png
335KB, 600x450px
>>87461481
>but it fucked with Canon
The book isn't even good, I'm happy the 1990 miniseries and this movie change it up from King's Cocaine filled rants
>>
>>87463417
Bothered me too. I get that it makes sense because Ben's bookish but replacing his engineering prowess with Mike's interest in Derry's history is stupid.
>>
>>87465991
ur mom
>>
>>87465986
This is wrong.

The scares are never surprising, but deeply creepy and spooky. But they're never, ever out of nowhere.

In another thread, someone described them as, instead of "boo!" they're "oh no, oh no, oh shit, oh shit, oh SHIT OH SHIT!"
>>
>>87465899
Bullshit.
My abandoned local theater actual had over 3/4 of all seats filled for opening night tonight, this NEVER happens, not even for meme movies like Wonder Woman. This shit is spitting out money and there's no way execs will wait 27 years to bring the cows home.
>>
>>87465924
It's full of jumpscares.
>>
>>87463461
Mike isn't shoe-horned in the book, he's given as much development as the rest of the losers and is practically the main character of the adult section.
>>
>>87466132
Are they annoying?
>>
>>87465924
Pennywise jumps a lot, yeah. Also a couple of dancescares too.
>>
ALL HOMESCHOOLERS MUST HANG
>>
>>87465986

I was never surprised at any jump scare. They're all the same. Either it will build tension with silence or the music will amp up really loud and cut out then boom back on. It's all the same in any movie ever. It's a fucking terrible gimmick I wish would die.

What made the movie so creepy was just the creepy characters always popping in and out. The jump scares sucked and the whole last part with the house was dicks. It was literally just fifteen minutes of jump scares and it just felt so out of touch. When he made the three doors that shit got stupid real fast.
>>
>>87466009
>he doesn't want to see the boys tear up that firecrotch
>>
This movie helped me a lot. Lots of spooky things have been happing in my house lately and I haven't been able to sleep without the feeling of being osberved for the last week.
I don't think I'll fear it any longer though.
>>
File: Freddy_Krueger.jpg (155KB, 500x614px) Image search: [Google]
Freddy_Krueger.jpg
155KB, 500x614px
>produced by new line
>timeline moved up to 1989 where kids would be scared by movie monsters of that era

Man, they had the perfect opportunity to swap out one of IT's monster forms like the wolfman for Freddy Krueger. They could've brought Robert Englund back for just one scene.
>>
>>87466275
they even showed the poster for NOES5
>>
File: 1501871110463s.jpg (3KB, 125x100px) Image search: [Google]
1501871110463s.jpg
3KB, 125x100px
>>87462771
>>87462044

>tfw homeschooled
>>
>early 2000's CRT in Bills living room
>Late 2000's honda visible in background outside bevs house
>>
>>87466271
NO
STOP THAT
YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO GET SCARED
GOD DAMN I'M GETTING SO HUNGERY A"SAFD ASDSASDF FSDFF@%R
>>
>>87466346
HOW HIGH IS YOUR AUTISM?
>>
>>87462044
People(news sites) would've jumped on it so hard because who cares that the bad guys do scummy shit it's a big story about how It condones racism
>>
I feel sorry for Finn. he's typecast.

I know IT came first but it just felt like stranger things.
>>
Post panty mound pic
>>
File: IMG_1812.jpg (470KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1812.jpg
470KB, 1152x2048px
What should I get?
>>
I upset they didnt tell Bevs actress to grow out her pubes.
>>
Guys I just saw a clown outside my window doing the Charleston wha
>>
>>87466275
Fucking really? That would've been perfect.
>>
>they killed the bully too early
>that scene with Georgie getting his arm ripped off could have been done better
>the jewish kid had like nothing going for him, poorly fleshed out character
>could have had a better final battle, maybe have the kids throw rocks as it tries to crawl away

But

BUT

It was still fucking awesome.
>>
File: pennywise_final_form.jpg (82KB, 400x553px) Image search: [Google]
pennywise_final_form.jpg
82KB, 400x553px
I can't wait for the sequel when we see that Pennywise is not a giant spider but is instead a will-o'-the-wisp
>>
>>87466492
There was no need to focus on the Jew since he dies in the opening of part 2
>>
>>87462234
You open the next movie with Stan killing himself to establish a returning threat, screenwriting 101

For fucks sakes he was the first one to leave the group at the end.
>>
>>87466511
didnt he have spider legs when he was trying to kill bill?
>>
>>87466536
There's plenty of reason to focus on him in act 1, given that he's your emotional pull to get you back in. He felt like the weakest actor and the least fleshed out, also his monster was some hot topic bullshit.

>>87466551
They were more crab claws. Loved that shit though, even getting his shit kicked in It was still having fun.
>>
>>87461749
Guy with good taste here.
This film was fantastic, and it actually is better than the original in many (but not all) respects. Anyone who is on the fence, give it a look, even if you just torrent it. It's the first horror movie in a while that's making me think about scary shit hours after I left the theater. In particular, the violent deaths of child characters I found pretty disturbing. Haven't seen a movie that did that outside of artsy Eurotrash movies.
>>
>>87462044

Why didn't the Losers Club say that the nigger was getting beat up instead of saying it was the Home Schooled kid?
>>
>>87461481
It was better than I expected, and miles ahead than the TV specials.

Since they were changing a lot of stuff, I kind of wanted them to wrap everything up in the child period, since the adult side of things was always the weaker side of IT.
>>
who should they cast for the adults in chapter 2?

Jessica Chastain for Bev?
>>
File: 3363-9665.jpg (11KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
3363-9665.jpg
11KB, 320x240px
Henry Bowers survived right? They obviously have to pin the string of murders on him.
>>
Saw it. Seemed like a very typical horror movie and of surprisingly poor quality. The cgi had the audience here laughing at parts (the beginning when Georgie's arm got torn off). Mike was underdeveloped. He appeared at the beginning, disappeared for the next half of the movie, then follows everyone to the sewers to fight IT (the other characters have scenes explaining why, but he doesn't). I found Pennywise odd. He was far too creepy for the purpose, seemingly, of scaring the audience. I thought he took the form of a clown specifically when stalking children because he could lure them more easily that way (and also scare them, since clowns can be scary for kids).

I also found the ending a bit weird... I'm not sure if I buy them being able to defeat IT the way they did. They do not allude really why they are able to damage IT. They do specify that he will not eat somebody if they aren't afraid (since they don't taste good) but that doesn't really explain why he won't just KILL them - for example, he didn't have to eat the unfrightened Beverly... he could have just killed her with his bare hands since he was strong enough to lift her off the ground by her neck with one hand.
The other kids defeat him by physically beating him up. I found that a bit dubious because the punishment he takes is extreme and THAT point being the cutoff seemed arbitrary. He takes a fire stoker through the face no problem, but then they beat him with some pipes and baseball bats (while he is throwing the kids several feet through the air into the brick wall, which they survive no problem somehow) and then he just is somehow at 0 HP and fucks off back to the sewer. I just thought it was odd... why should I believe that that would hurt him? He's a magic, psychic, telekinetic, cosmic entity who appears to be nearly invincible... but then some pipes and baseball bats hurt it. They left out the necessary part in the book: weaknesses of forms he turns into, and power of will/belief.
>>
File: 1503968647765.jpg (31KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1503968647765.jpg
31KB, 960x540px
>>87461481
I enjoyed it, I'll go again this weekend.
>>
Stephen King is a fucking hack, and I don't get all the autists vehemently defending the canon as if it's something worthy to be revered. Anything that is able adapt his shit books into something coherent ought to be applauded.
>>
>>87466604
She would be perfect but i doubt she will do horrorshit
>>
>>87466639
>He appeared at the beginning, disappeared for the next half of the movie, then follows everyone to the sewers to fight IT
Brainlet. He saw that shit at the beginning with his parents trying to get out as they were burning, remember?
>>
>>87462044
I think the film assumes the audience can handle subtlety so it doesn't feel the need to paint you a fucking mural.

In your case, maybe they were wrong.
>>
File: gJMl4.jpg (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
gJMl4.jpg
75KB, 800x600px
>>87462294
>Mike is still one of the few black people in Derry so of course he would be harassed by bullies for it.

I grew up during the 80s/early 90s and you have it backward. When I lived in a highly diverse place, racism was rampant.

When I lived in a mostly white small town, the one or two black kids were treated extra special, everybody went out of their way to be nice to them, and nobody would have tolerated anybody disrespecting them for a second.

Literally like pic related, I assume this was taken in a small town school without much diversity.
>>
File: 1503545349843.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1503545349843.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>87466597
bc it was 1989 and some kids have decency. at least it seems the losers club do...douche.

I thought henry did mention him being a nigger and he said he wished it was him that torched down the house. maybe he never said nigga, but he mentioned the latter.
>>
>>87466639
Bill literally explains now IT is afraid because it can no longer feed on their fear. How is that hard to grasp?
>>
>>87466404
You'll float too.

We all float down here.
>>
>>87466538
this.
>>
>>87466703
>tfw your city used to be like that
>now it's diverse and everyone's turned to shit
I miss my small city before it became developed, and I miss the 80's/90's black people, they were absolutely bro tier.
>>
>>87466688
Yes... and then he disappears for 40 minutes, meets up with the losers, then they disband, and all the white kids have scenes answering phones/show a reason for meeting up again... then it cuts to the next scene, they are all riding bikes together to the sewer and Mike is there with them carrying his captive bolt pistol. It's as if they cut his scene out to keep the time down.

Also did you catch the pennywise easter egg in the house? When Richie is in the room full of clowns, one of the clowns is Pennywise from the 90s TV show.
>>
>your big acting break
>main villain in a blockbuster horror flick
>nobody will recognize you because of all the prosthetics
>>
>>87466737
At least you can talk
>>
>>87466726
That is not the issue.
It is stated that he will not eat something that isn't afraid - fear makes the kids taste good.

That doesn't explain why he can't use his super strength or magic powers to just kill the kids. When they were fighting him with baseball bats (which the audience laughed at) he was throwing the kids across the room into brick walls. They didn't die (for some reason) and he just gave up trying.

And for some reason, he was being injured. He's a magic monster - why should anything they do suddenly damage him? Before, he took a poker to the face and was fine. But baseball bats and pipes are gonna hurt him? It was dumb. The book explains why the kids can hurt him, at least.
>>
>>87466803
He died because he starved to death
>>
Outside of the original Georgie scene wasn't really that scary, Pennywise was often pretty silly.
>>
One small gripe:

The town felt like it was stuck in the 50s. Like they had planned on it being set in the 50s, but changed to the 80s so they wouldn't have to make 2 period films.

Now the sequel can be filmed in modern times and save production costs?
>>
>>87466639
Did you really watch the movie? There was a guy who sat next to me (despite the theater being almost empty) who kept conveniently checking his phone whenever it got scary. Was that you?
>>
File: 1502640823839.png (237KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
1502640823839.png
237KB, 500x382px
My favorite scene was when Henrys father put the fear of God in him and made him cry in front of his friends.
>>
>>87466833
I disagree. The library scene was fucking horrific.
>>
>>87463012
Perhaps you're wondering why they wouldn't shoot a man...before throwing him down a well
>>
>>87466845
Yes. I was writing review
>>
>>87466853
he should have pissed himself in that scene. would have made it perfect
>>
>>87466825
He's not dead. Do none of you know there's a part 2?
>>
>>87462044

So brave.
>>
>>87466275
great idea anon
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWvSzAUMCY0
whats going on ere
>>
>>87466872
Riiiight.

No really though, the guy wouldn't even look at the screen when spoops were happening in earnest. Funny how smartphones are like pacifiers for adults. Kinda think I'm going to throw mine out the fucking window.
>>
>>87466551
>didnt he have spider legs when he was trying to kill bill?
1. like the other anon, pointed out, they looked more like crab claws
2. he was doing a ton of shape-shifting in that scene, so we can't be certain that any form he took was his true form.

i'll elaborate on my will o wisp theory some more. i may be completely wrong, but I have a feeling they don't plan on keeping IT as "a monster from Dark Tower that got stuck on Earth".

1. Kids seem compelled to follow IT's hallucinations even when they aren't interesting (i.e. fat kid picking up eggs in the library) or they are in a dangerous location (i.e. Bill running after hallucinated Georgie in the well). Wisps can compel people to follow them.
2. Some incarnations of wisps feed on fear
3. IT makes the corpses of children float in the air and says "we all float". Wisps float in the air.
this last piece of evidence surprised me when I saw it in the movie because I was already starting to put together this theory 4. When Beverly looks down IT's throat, she sees three lights. These lights resemble some depictions of wisps.
>>
>>87466682
I dunno anon, Duma Key is pretty dang gud.
>>
>>87466836
Anon a lot of small American cities feel that way in real life, especially in more rural areas.
>>
>>87461771
he doesnt really feel .. human
his movements, ticks and quirks really make the characters feel like something attempting to seem human
hes amazing
>>
>>87467053
ive been eyeing it for quite a time and have a copy now, im onto it when i finish It, is it something to look forward to?
will i have fun?
>>
>>87466155
He also has entire sections of the book(the interludes) to his personal journal chronicling Derry's history and his own family's, in addition his POV chapters.
>>
>>87466845
Yeah I just got back from it. The scares were really good and I saw the entire movie. I paid close attention. Are you able to think or are you just an idiot?
>>
File: pennywise clown.jpg (21KB, 300x194px) Image search: [Google]
pennywise clown.jpg
21KB, 300x194px
HEY BIG BOY
>>
It was largely good, sometimes great, but definitely not perfect

It really suffered from fluctuating back and forth between 'Stand By Me' and horror, and I also felt that the pacing was kind of off which is probably just an artifact from not skipping around like the book
>>
>>87467493
You have to tell me what it is first before I click that breh
>>
>>87467525
this, absolutely. it was oddly placed and what development there was for some characters just seemed to go nowhere.

i honestly think IT is better as an idea/concept, at best a book... the story can't be made into a good movie, imo.
>>
Great film. Really well made. Solid scares, excellent cast, a few good laughs. One of the best movies of the year.

Joyless, shit bag, /tv/tards absolutely utterly and completely BTFO once again. You stupid cunts are never right about anything because you're all human garbage
>>
>>87467571
will download the HD rip just for the quarry scene so i can fap.
>>
>>87461481
>it fucked with Canon

Nobody else gives a shit.
>>
>>87467647
If you wait long enough Shadman will draw it.
>>
>>87467565
The problem was that they didn't really appreciate how doing things chronologically would mess with the structure and like I mentioned before that also has a huge impact on how the shifts in tone play out so the whole thing ends up feeling imbalanced, like there is no driving action moving the narrative along

Individually, the sequences are great. The 'Stand By Me' sequences are funny and well done, some of the horror sequences are fucking fantastic, but the movie as a whole suffers because the director/script don't successfully manage to jump back and forth between the two.
>>
I thought everything was great
Except IT being legitimatley horrifying
The only time i got scared was the garage scene and him grabbing beverly
>>
>>87467461
Hey now big guy, didn't mean to strike a nerve. Just having trouble understanding the magnitude of your misinderstanding. I agree, though, that Mike does disappear for too long and has basically no development. Seemed like he would have something cool going on too since his day job was just the constant killing of sheep. But yeah. I disagree that the cg was bad. It couldn't pass for practical, of course, but I think the creature lends itself to absurd cgi shit anyway. I thought the film was scary and funny in the right places. The opening sequence churned my guts despite my being desensitized to a lot of shit. There was good chemistry between the actors. Pennywise was really, really creepy to me. By the way, he isn't really dead, if you hadn't gathered from the whole "part 1" thing. I haven't liked a new movie enough to buy it since probably The Dark Knight, but I'm getting this one and I may even go see it again this weekend.
>>
>>87466610
Yes. He fell deep down the well, probably to the deep place Pennywise slunk off to. Pennywise will probably feast on Henry's sanity and then henry will be blamed for the murders.

>>87466803
His powers are based on fear and will. In the house the kids DID hurt him when Bev spiked him through the head, thats why he quickly retreated after putting up a fight.
They damage the fuck out of him at the end becasue they all resolve that they no longer fear him and and put their will into hurting him. He is totally powerless over them and their will is stronger than his. I agree that the film should have explained how they hurt him, with their belief and willpower.

>>87466836
Derry is a total shithole that isn't on mnost maps. It IS stuck in the 50's developmentally.
>>
>>87467811
The problem is that after 50 years of monster movies, people have become desensitized to a lot of stuff.
>>
>>87467571
So we're on the same page
>>
>>87466769
On the contrary, everyone is going to Google who played Pennywise and will be led to his IMDb page with a list of his movies, which they will then subconsciously be inclined to select when perusing Netflix out of boredem.
>>
This movie's editing really stood out
Which isnt something i usually compliment
>>
>>87467811
I really loved the scene of him fucking with Eddie in the house, him pretending to eat his hand was hilariously dark.
>>
My only gripes with the film was the kids being potty mouths to the sake of edgyness. Richie also wasn't funny, he simply said "FUCK" and "lol like ur mom :^)" with good timing.

It's a shame Ben was so underdeveloped, well, most of them were apart from Bevvy and Mike.
>>
File: Expresso.png (520KB, 718x486px) Image search: [Google]
Expresso.png
520KB, 718x486px
>>87461481
But no Jonathan brandis?
>>
>stephen king lore

good gravy is there anything less important in the history of literature
>>
>>87461481
No orgy scene fucking dropped
>DROPPED
>>
>>87468001
You do get a smoking hot 15 year old bikini scene.
>>
>>87467992
f
>>
>>87467956
>Mike
Mike had absolutely zero character aside from eventually killing a sheep. Ben actually took parts of Mike's character.

Also, I disagree with your take on the swearing, because 13 year olds ARE edgy pottymouths. It made the whole thing feel a lot more real to me.
>>
>>87467956
That's just typical Stephen King dialogue.
Ever read any of his books?
Every word that comes out of a characters mouth is either exposition or cuss words.
>>
>>87462587
>loved it
>wasnt scary

Fuck off collider
>>
The kids were great, pennywise was ok, better then Tim curry on a techinal and acting level, but is more forgettable.
>>
File: 1474167666463.jpg (84KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1474167666463.jpg
84KB, 500x667px
>>87468088
Can't fucking wait for the sequel though, that library scene will be hype.

>>87468112
I think he had some memorable moments. His confrontation with the Eddie in the house is great, as is the final act in general. Plus, giant Pennywise coming through the projector.
>>
>>87461959
Well, it was one book until King overthought it.

Its one thing to have half your stories inspired by Lovecraft, its another to suddenly decide to put them into one cohesive universe like the Lovecraft fandom did, but to your own work.

Insomnia may be the only King work that works in an extended universe context, mostly because it was a fucking trip. Otherwise it diminishes the rest.
>>
>>87462044
They intentionally had an escelation angle with the bullies.

Mean names and spit became a knife became a gun became murder. They emphasized the descent much more than King did, so as a result you kind of get that bullying a homeschooled kid turns to racism pretty quick. Especially by the mention of his parents in the climax.
>>
Does beverly get savagely fucked like in the books or not, thats all i want
>>
>>87468262
Wasn't that the one with the old fart that could see auras? I vaguely remember something stupid like an elevator that could take him to different dimensions or something.
>>
>>87462234
Skarsgourd said movie 2 will explain things like that, since the kids will be adults and thus come from a place of understanding.
>>
>>87462587

Hello redd1t
>>
>>87468387
That's what I expected, too. They'll have a more indepth research into what It was and how to stop it for good.
>>
>>87468365
No
She kisses Ben and Bill and thats it
>>
File: IMG_0655.jpg (32KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0655.jpg
32KB, 300x450px
>>87464513
Because King literally wrote exactly that same fucking story.

The screenplay the movie pic related was from.

It'd be like adapting Hot Fuzz and asking why there's no zombies.
>>
Hey guys just got back from this I'm from redit
>>
>>87465924
Full of jump scares, but they are the bookends to the actual scary parts.not the source of fear.
>>
>>87465924
Full of good jump scares. My favorite is when it lunges at Bill in the basement and just goes limp.
>>
>>87468525
You can't post here unless you fapped to the rock quarry scene.
>>
File: IMG_0656.jpg (85KB, 380x606px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0656.jpg
85KB, 380x606px
>>87466275
The classic monsters never appear.

They hint at a wolfman transformation as he's slinking away, and during the beatdown he suddenly goes mummy.

But otherwise its just the leper, Georgie, himself with sharp teeth, Bev's own cut off hair, the zombies, the burning people, the corpse of a child from the early 1900's, and a new scare for the movie which is a Modigliani painting come to life that scared the piss put of the director as a kid.
>>
>>87468638
The boys were pretty cute, I'm amazed that none of them got boners though.
>>
>>87468654
They probably did multiple takes. The first take was a total wash, I bet.
>>
>>87468654
I remember some of them crossing their legs when they watched Beverly sunbathe
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-09-08-02-06-41.png (357KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-08-02-06-41.png
357KB, 1920x1080px
>I'm not afraid of you
>You will be...
>>
>>87468654
It's hard to get a boner when you're in the water and there's dozens of people watching you
>>
>>87468654
I'm pretty sure their underwear was padded, it looked weird
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-09-08-02-09-03.png (155KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-08-02-09-03.png
155KB, 1920x1080px
I bet Georgie tastes delicious.
>>
>>87468737
turn you fucking phone off you mong
>>
File: smugnestro.jpg (71KB, 406x434px) Image search: [Google]
smugnestro.jpg
71KB, 406x434px
>>87466853
>Nothing like a little fear, to make a paper man crumble.
Fuck, that's a great line.
>>
>>87466803
Look, its because the monster was hurt, for the first time, and by his fucking prey that is basically a bacteria to him. That made him afraid, for the first time.
He has NO idea how to react to that until he calms down and gets angry instead but reverts back to fear next time he meets them, fear was previously something he'd only seen but not understood and things that cannot grasp the true form of his attack caused it.
It was basically mindfucked by something cosmically insignificant.

In the book we get one single passage from It's perspective, and it explains exactly that.

Unless Squeesgard monologued to himself in the sewer there is no way to illustrate that.
>>
To anyone who has seen the movie already, are there any scary or disturbing monster effects, or is it pretty much just the clown for the whole movie? do you see any children get eaten? I want a movie that's not only going to scare me, but disturb me
>>
I went in hoping that Hollywood didn't fuck IT up. Even if the only thing threatening them was a made for TV two-part movie and Tim Curry; if there's anyone who can fuck it up it'd be them. And while there were parts done worse compared to it, there were more parts done better and some pretty competent moments. The added budget was put to good use, and Skarsgard performed well as Pennywise, and while I want to say he was better than Curry, Tim was pretty much giving us a C+ game (though I don't think he could of gone beyond a B even if he wanted).

After the halfway point I felt a little... awkward at the divergence from the movie and the story. But at the same time I actually felt suspense as the story was taking a different direction and not tripping all over itself. I guess my only real problem was how the children still felt too adult like, or were written to appeal to the adult audience. Maybe it's just me, but I felt the innocence was captured better in the original. Regardless, I do think this more modern take will resonate well with the current gens.

Ultimately. A good movie that is far from a fuckup that is leaving me hopeful for Chapter Two. Worth a watch if you were a fan of the original, and worth a watch if your just looking for something new(ish) to horror.
>>
File: HEAVY YES.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
HEAVY YES.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>87467933
>yfw Pennywise unfurls himself climbing out of the fridge
>>
File: spoopyoda.gif (2MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
spoopyoda.gif
2MB, 300x168px
>>87468737
Hmm..
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-09-08-02-07-52.png (348KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-08-02-07-52.png
348KB, 1920x1080px
Spooky
>>
>>87468844
Shit was bananas.
>>
>>87467045
Its a good idea.

In the books the Deadlights are the dimension that It comes from though, not beings. It sort of makes its own portal from its own dimension through its own anglerfish-like lure "body". Because Lovecraft, ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>87466275
But Freddy was pretty much an icon of film and wasn't treated like the pedophile serial killer he was meant to be when 1989 came. Hell, children's toys were being sold in his image. He became a joke.
>>
>>87468827
Depending on how comfortable you are admitting that sexy 15 year old girls don't stop being sexy just because you're not 15, you'll probably get pretty disturbed by Beverly, the scariest character in the movie to some people here.

Aside from that, there is at least one good monster, but all the monsters are CGI so if you are overly analytical and studying film in college you might forget how to enjoy movies.

Most of the squick parts were body horror things. There were some jump scares but also moments that allowed the fear to build to a crescendo. If you share a fear with any of the kids (disease, clowns) it's going to be a lot scarier.
>>
>>87468868
That's so cartoonish yet it's creeps me out
>>
>Ben's dick is the biggest
Fat boy got it.
>>
>>87468375
Yeah.
The Fates, a giant black cloud of death that one fed on. Shooting your regenerating soul like a weapon with your fingers like a gun, like Yu Yu Hakusho. Abused wife leaves hubby, becomes a Tumblrite, her hubby becomes a 9/11 style hijacker, their son is basically Jesus.

It was fucking strange.

Like Rose Madder had a baby with Tommyknockers then was spliced with Madlibs.
>>
>>87463417

He was one of the most interesting characters, I thought. They really did underutilize him.
>>
>>87468868
Was that when he comes out of the projector screen? Best scene in the movie.
>>
>Tim Curry pennywise portrait in the room full of clown dolls

neat
>>
Anyone have caps of the painting monster? Or leper? Or mummy? Or headless kid?
Shit was trippy.
>>
Just saw it. I don't know what to think. It was kind of scary, but a little too predictable
>>
>>87467956

kids, especially boys, swear like sailors around puberty since they want to seem cool and grown up

when I was that age every third word had to have "fucking" in there somehow
>>
>>87468868
If you seen the movie you would understand why it looks like that.

>>87468827
Lot of effects when showing Pennywise but I think they definitely enhanced rather than over do his look. Only a few parts where you see Skarsgård in costume like the middle and end. Im almost positive they did his voice post filming it sounded too clear compared to the kids voices.
>>
>>87468827
Yeah, the monster effects were good.
>>
>>87466927
They're the deadlights, pennywise's true form.
>>
File: tumblr_ovxoh83yvk1waox04o1_1280.jpg (43KB, 679x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ovxoh83yvk1waox04o1_1280.jpg
43KB, 679x500px
Wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wait, there's gonna be part 2? For realsies?
>>
>>87468951
Funny, I'm scared of disease but it was the creepy fucking movements and detail of dropping the eggs on the headless child that got me the most.

The leper was the least scary to me.
>>
>>87465924
Probably more on the jumpscares than psychological fear. Because you know damn well there will be jumpscares.
>>
>>87466927
that part where hes dancing fucking cracked me up
>>
>>87469041
Yeah. It was rather predictable, but retelling a nearly three decade made for TV two-part movie is like trying to polish a petrified turd. You can only do so good. Which is why I kind of liked how it branched off a bit after the halfway point, that predictability took a backseat ESPECIALLY when Stan ran into his fear in the sewer; it made me actually have a doubt for a second.
>>
>>87467956
Richie was unironically the best character. He was funny because the humor was inappropriate not just because of it's content, but for the mood of the film.

He was the definition of a good comic relief character, and the only reason anyone could find him not funny is if they never had a friend like him, or never went through a swearing and mom-jokes phase.

From your dislike of him I infer that you either had no friends growing up or you are mentally abnormal to the point of social retardation. Probably both.
>>
>>87468827
>are there any scary or disturbing monster effects
Yes. The effects are top tier. It's not just the clown. Each kid has their own special monster and they're all terrifying.
>>
>>87469030
Yeah.

Bonus points that Mike, afraid of clowns, sees It for the first time that way.
>>
>>87467493
Idk why but I laughed when he went in and out.
>>
>>87469096
Yeah... I was kind of hoping perhaps he put on a puppet show or something explaining his origins like when they had the smoke lodge in the book. But I guess they could be saving that for Chapter Two.
>>
File: IMG_3695.jpg (36KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3695.jpg
36KB, 800x450px
>>87468774
Compared to the constraints of 90s television, the violence and horrific imagery Georgie scene was turned up to 11

This new adaption is gonna psychologically fuck kids up if they see it when they're too young.
>>
File: sophia lillis.jpg (221KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sophia lillis.jpg
221KB, 1400x1000px
Beverly is so cute, holy shit
>>
>>87469090
YEP.

It'll explain the crazy "King REALLY overthought this" stuff from the book.

Also, it'll probably have a non-shitty giant spider.
>>
>>87468868
Now THIS is 3D.
>>
So much laughter in my theater at moments that were not funny at all. The whole theater was moaning and groaning at the end and I'm not sure if it's because they didn't know it was just part one, or if they were disappointed that they didn't do the gangbang.
>>
File: IMG_0662.jpg (82KB, 715x536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0662.jpg
82KB, 715x536px
>>87469099
>mfw cheesy smoking egg and shitty horror movie behavior
>mfw headless body appears and stumbles then chases him
>>
what was up with all the dutch angles in the film?

also the shot when new guy was running and camera was filming from above with the epic drumming felt really wrong for the scene did anybody notice?
>>
>>87468868
actually yeah
>>
>>87469141
>the violence and horrific imagery Georgie scene was turned up to 11
Yeah. It genuinely shocked me. Wasn't expecting them to show as much as they did.
>>
File: ohno.jpg (35KB, 260x224px) Image search: [Google]
ohno.jpg
35KB, 260x224px
>>87469141
The scariest part of that wasn't the jaw distending as much as Georgie trying to get away, the arm clearly stretching out from the grate but it not being fully shown so it didn't become a cheesy effect, then the old lady seeing all the blood and giving no fucks.

Did anyone else notice that anytime an adult hindered a kid or acted creepy there was an orange glint in their eye for just a second, and Pennywise having orange eyes after the Georgie kill?
>>
File: 1504827986844.jpg (58KB, 1024x707px) Image search: [Google]
1504827986844.jpg
58KB, 1024x707px
>>87469147
I hope it does have the KISS ME FAT BOY scene.
>>
>im 6 months older than pennywise actor

feels weird man
>>
>>87469186
Kek
>>
>>87469220
If it ain't Dutch it ain't much
>>
There were two scary scenes in this movie
>Georgie at the beginning
>The projector scene

Everything else was jumpscares or squick like the broken arm.
>>
>>87469144
NüEmma Watson.
>>
>>87469249
I noticed that too, but what was really strange to me is that after the librarian hands Ben the book, she's standing in the back of the library looking at him and hunched over
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-09-08-02-38-38.png (121KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-08-02-38-38.png
121KB, 1080x1920px
>>87469249
Fast food
>>
>>87469099

Yeah I like to have branched off as well. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a bad movie or anything. In fact there were some parts that I really liked. It's just hard for me to make a judgment on this and decide whether it's better than the original TV series or not. The fact that I liked the original so much makes it hard for me to decide if this was better or not.

I'll tell you though the movie really exhausted me. They went all out. I was not expecting to see Pennywise literally bite a kid's arm off and drag him into the drain.

After we left, red balloon tied to one of the doors in the theater. That was pretty cool
>>
>>87469134
What Stephen King show was it, where some kid wanders into a room and like 3 minutes of exposition get dumped in the form of a weird black and white projector film.
>>
File: IMG_0664.png (110KB, 592x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0664.png
110KB, 592x320px
>>87469255
The eyes not working right, the movement backwards when hurt, the clown was just perfect as a broken appendage of some giant monster.
>>
I liked it but that shitty "stabilization" digital effect they kept using was awful. Anytime Pennywise would leap or jump at the screen, and specifically when he's dancing in front of Bev near the end, they employ it and it makes the shot look cheap and fake. Disorienting, and not in a good or disturbing way, but one that takes you out of the film.

Baffling decision.
>>
I saw it yesterday

Film was very good

i loved the parts with just the kids fucking around, the development of them was great

Bev is qt
>>
I've never seen a horror film in theaters before so I was expecting a bit too much.

In the end nothing scared me except the jumpscare after Beverly's hits the father.

all and all this is an ok film, just not a scary one.

also the slow motion rock was bit much
>>
>>87469144
God damn you /tv/ and god damn you It.
>>
>>87469323
You think It was disguised as her in order to lure him into the book scare?

Not a bad theory it it checks out.
>>
stranger things rippoff.
>>
Alright guys, what was your favorite scene? For me I'd have to say the one with all the arms coming out of the door.
>>
>>87469190
Same here, but I chalked it up to me accidentally going to a "sensory friendly" event aka "if you're autistic you can go to these and sperg out and we won't kick you out". Maybe you accidentally went to one too.
>>
>>87469220
>what was up with all the dutch angles in the film?

that's how you know you're supposed to be uneasy and it's a good indicator a jump scare is imminent. it's entry level horror shit used by directors to compensate for creativity and imagination
>>
>>87469134
honestly if they dont have the smoke lodge ill be pissed. and when i say cracked up i mean in a good way, i enjoyed the movie
>>
>>87469418
That was pretty great. Really good effects. My favorite was It coming out of the projector screen though. Truly horrifying.
>>
"Now I guess I gotta kill this fuckin clown!"

Did your theatre clap at this part?
>>
>>87469418
I personally liked both scenes where they fought Pennywise, and the scene where comes out of the projector nearly made me.jump out my seat.
>>
>>87469427
Yeah I'm aware of the technique's meaning it just seemed so lackluster he used in every kid's nightmare

oh well.
>>
> one kiss from Ben and the effects of the Dead Lights wear off

I swear I thought that wouldn't work. I remember Pennywise explaining in the original that you lose your mind if you look into his deadlights.
>>
File: IMG_0665.jpg (31KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0665.jpg
31KB, 620x470px
>>87469418
Eggboy.

Inb4 redhead quarry.
>>
>>87469455

Yes
>>
>>87469373
I always thought this actually IS what he's supposed to be. Like, he's not the actual IT, more like the end of a tentacle or something and the real monster is out of sight.
>>
>>87469418
eggboy made me shit myself.
>>
>>87469455
Nope, but there was a few guffaws.

I think everyone was so absorbed by that point.
>>
Soundtrackino incoming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bIcOwdzywQ
>>
>>87469418
the foreskin discussion at the beginning
>>
>>87469459
In the original, three of the adults looking at them just snap out of it when Because hits the spider with a silver earring
And then Bill made his wife snap out of it by taking her on bike ride because he believes hard enough
>>
>>87469439

Oh that was a good one. Jesus Christ I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. The special effects during that scene were also good. It was interesting to actually see pennywise's more monstrous self. In the original we never really saw much of that.
>>
>>87469459
Yeah, but also in the original love was able to break it.

That's how Bill brings his wife back from a comatose state. Love and childhood innocence.
>>
Holy Fuck. This looks so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCmpQ4rgEc0
>>
>>87469358
>Pennywise in the sewers
>Georgie on the street
This was the first and last time they spoke as friends
>>
>>87469418
the beaver joke, it made me giggle like a moron
>>
>>87469396
That was one of the scenes I felt the TV movie did better. It was alot more charged and alot more serious. This just felt like they decided at some point to just make it less heavy. I also felt like that was the logic for cleaning up the blood, the original did this a bit more serious and I think it showed a deeper bond between the losers.
>>
>>87469458

lack of creativity

if our boy fukunaga had remained director, we would have had some unique shots, better/more memorable framing, and a much stronger lingering sense of dread
>>
File: tumblr_oq8m8qJJ9W1r2gmgjo1_1280.png (2MB, 1280x1277px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oq8m8qJJ9W1r2gmgjo1_1280.png
2MB, 1280x1277px
>>87469486
Explain the "eggboy". I don't care about spoilers, or not getting "scared" when I get to see this scene myself. Just being interested.
>>
>>87469509

Oh yeah you're right. I guess it was pretty easy to make someone snap out of it. It's more like you can't snap out of it yourself
>>
>>87469476
>Like, he's not the actual IT, more like the end of a tentacle or something and the real monster is out of sight.
No shit. He's a demon disguising himself as a clown.
>>
>>87469548
kid who died in the 1800s in a fire who lost his head
>>
>>87469517
That's in the middle of the movie though.
>>
File: C5JLVY3WIAEi5Vu.jpg (43KB, 480x468px) Image search: [Google]
C5JLVY3WIAEi5Vu.jpg
43KB, 480x468px
>>87469397
Nothing wrong with cute girls, anon
>>
>>87469566
Chases after Ben. Then, a deep voice says "eggboy". As he runs, Bens turns his head to see what called him that just to find pennywise running at high speed, tailing behind him.
Shit made me shit my pants and anxious as fuck, literally screamed ¡Corre conchadetumadre! at the teather.
>>
>>87469548
Something about a major incident that happened in the city in the past. They give it a lot of screen time, pretty sure it will play some important role in the next film, along with the picture they showed of a woman throwing a baby down The Well.
>>
Well this was... something.

I know I'm in the minority here but if this counts as good horror nowdays, then we truly are fucked.

Apart from that it was an enjoyable film for the most part, was surprised how dark it was and that's what made the film for me.

it also seemed an interesting choice to make everyone's houses look so dark but then again it was so summer so all the curtains were down.
>>
>>87469476
That's exactly right.

It is a primal manifestation of destruction, the Turtle one of creation.

The It creature only actually exists in a dimension with totally different physics, the "Deadlights" where instead of matter they have just energy. Humans can't comprehend what they see when they look into the Deadlights dimension, and their brain kind of overheats and Blue Screen Of Deaths trying to perceive it.

King couldn't resist doing an expanded universe later, and in it the It creature isn't dead. Nor is the Turtle, It thought the Turtle died and thats why it decided to prey on humans thinking it was unhindered.
The It's "lure", closer to its avatar in function, was destroyed though so It can't plague Derry unless it somehow gets or grows another.
>>
>>87469557
>demon
More of an elder god I suppose. "Demons" are a concept that doesn't quite work outside of Earth setting. He's an entity from the time before time.
On the other side, why then does he call himself a puny name like "Robert Gray"...
>>
Alright I thought I just heard a noise in the house. Like the sound of some of the honking horn or something
>>
>>87469688
Go to it and say "I'M NOT SCARED, YOU'LL STARVE"
>>
So Stranger Things is like the non-offensive version of IT?
>>
>>87469711

I'm just going to tell him that he'll float too
>>
>>87469720
Of what?
>>
>>87469720
Basically.
>>
>>87469255
woah I have a fetish for serrated mouths that can open nice and wide...
>>
>>87469720
Stranger Things is Silent Hill with children
>>
>>87469749
HAHAHA! Funny man! The classic Abbott & Costello!
>>
>>87469655

Wait, it didn't die? I thought when the adults beat it with rocks, IT was dead. Shit.

By the way I forget but is Dark Tower linked to Stephen King's it? Or am I remembering this wrong?
>>
>>87463417

There's a rumor that Mike is gonna pick up the habit as an adult. On one hand I'm not entirely sold on that idea, on the other hand they could easily incorporate the smoke hole chapter into the adult part that way.
>>
>>87469782
Thanks
>>
>>87463794
>tfw you'll never be -useful- for Penny
>>
>>87469548
Ben is in the library reading about the towns past mass deaths because he's a morbid kid who discovered a pattern. Flipping through a book with historical photos he sees one of a bunch of kids at an early 1900's Easter celebration with one who looks scared paused on, then one of a bunch of bodies after the Easter parade explosion that killed 107, 88 of them kids. He flips the page, its the same image. He keeps flipping faster and faster like its a clipshow, the image zooms on a tree in the background and it has that same kid's burned head in it since the blast gibbed him.

Ben sees a balloon float then, follows it because horror movie. Sees a smoking Easter egg sitting at entrance to basement, follows it to another one that is charred.

Then at the top of the stairs there is movement. Figure walks down like drunk while Ben is hiding. Its the smoking body of the boy holding painted eggs in his arms, drops them and we see he has no head. It chases Ben in jerky movents, Ben runs into librarian who saw none of it and eggboy is gone.

Outside the bully is waiting with intend of using a knife to carve his name into Ben, so he's out of frying pan and into fryer.

So the scene keeps the tension up. Its followed by the discovery of one of the missing kid shoes, then Patrick killed by It after a zombie scare.
>>
can someone give me a rundown of the orgy scene from the book?

does it really happen or are people memeing
>>
>>87462044
I think Henry almost running him over and screaming at him to stay out of Darry is enough to say the kid thinks ill of his race.
>>
I haven't read the book yet, because I didn't want to be angry if it didn't completely stick to the source material (I'm doing the same thinging for The Gunslinger).

I saw a few posts ITT that touched on stuff that was missing from the movie. Is there anything else?
>>
>>87469776
Naw.
Nothing psychogical or cult about it.

More like ST is Goonies meets Poltergeist.
>>
Please tell me /tv/, how many jump scares did this have? That's the main reason I don't watch scar movies but a qt 3.14 asked me to go watch It with her and I said yes. Pls help me prepare brehs
>>
>>87469841

Did anyone here mention the orgy scene?
>>
>>87469863
Multiple times.
>>
>>87469852
quite a few.

It's devoid of any real scares.
>>
>>87469814
it's 2 full pages of graphic describing.
>>
>>87469814
ddie comes to her first, because he is the most frightened. He comes to her not as her friend of that summer, or as her brief lover now, but the way he would have come to his mother only three or four years ago, to be comforted; he doesn’t draw back from her smooth nakedness and at first she doubts if he even feels it. He is trembling, and although she holds him in the darkness is so perfect that even this close she cannot see him; except for the rough cast he might as well be a phantom.

“What do you want?” he asks her.

“You have to put your thing in me,” she says.
>>
>>87469863
If only they get Sam Raimi for this movie...
>>
>>87469789
Please no, that movie was shit.
I don't want to think about a turd like that being connected to It.
>>
>>87466275
Good time to pop in a xenomorph too
>>
>>87469852
im a pussy with horror movies but i was fine might have to do with the fact the cinema was packed tho
>>
>>87469812
The incident plays a far larger role, there's no way it doesn't, especially when they hint the "real" Pennywise is linked to it, and something about a women throwing a baby down The Well.
>>
>>87469896
If Raimi directed IT, Henry Bowers would be the protagonist
>>
So how do we save Part 2 from being mediocre and unremarkable /tv/? My ideas:

- include some of the interludes, like the Bradley Gang and the Black Spot
- put the smoke hole vision in the adult timeline
- since they're all adults, go full on with the gore and violence. In this day and age, Adrian Melon's death and Bev's abuse can be filmed to be really effective
- Bev's visit to the old lady at her former house is a scare that NEEDS to be in
- go full on with the cosmic shit at the end
>>
>>87469922

What if the whole thing was a dream invented by Freddy?
>>
>>87466604
I dont really want A lists for the sequel desu, it would ruin the low budget simple vibe
>>
>>87469913

Was it rrallt that bad? I haven't seen it or read the book yet
>>
>>87469972
what do you mean with the gore? not sure how much more full on they can get from this movie?
>>
Did they include a scene of adult Beverly getting fucked from NY her abusive boyfriend/husband (i don't remember) and clearly love it, because what a slut she is?
>>
>>87469972
Keep the adult part to a minimum and explore the lore and background of the city, Pennywise, and The Well, and especially how they are all connected.
>>
>>87469972

Bevs visit to the old house is an absolute must. It was brilliant.
>>
>>87462294
You like your racism blatant do you? Does it make you feel better about your own that you never dare to let out?
>>
>>87469418
George getting his fucking arm bitten off made my jaw drop, but probably the Garage scene
>>
>>87469998
Yes the movie was really bad. Like a shitty low budget movie you'd find playing late night on TV.
>>
>>87470009

No. No scenes with them as adults occurred.
>>
>>87469249
Yeah, like the library scene with Ben. While he's researching, the lady behind him slowly turns her head towards him and smiles like Pennywise, then goes back to normal when Ben turns around
>>
>>87469789
Once you know King is a fucking massive Lovecraft fanboy and 70% of his stories, 95% when you remove short stories, are his version that makes it more personal to protagonists and makes them an invading force rather than an already present one protags stumble on, you have the idea.

Then know just like how everyone after Lovecraft died started explaining his stories and fit into one universe, King did that himself while writing Dark Tower and Dreamcatcher.

"Pennywise the Dancing Clown" dies. The It entity does not, and Pennywise was actually like a real world puppet on a tentacle it stretched out of its pure energy dimension into the speck of dust that is Earth.

Think of it like this. You are It, Earth is a small 68kb program on a supercomputer made of smaller supercomputers, the Turtle is the administrator and all their child blocks on what you can do.

Pennywise is your avatar in that program which dies if killed or it starves to death according to the rules of the game, and the adult versions of the kids killed it by using its own cheat code-granted godmode powers against it. The Turtle won't let you kill the program in revenge, but that tiny program can't do anything to you for real and with some coding you may be able to create another clown avatar to take another crack at torture-killing some ASCII art people for lulz.
>>
>>87469972
>go full on with the cosmic shit at the end
that shit would be pretty hard to handle in a non-cheesy way imo.
>>
>>87470050

When I saw that scene I asked my cousin sitting next to me, "did we really just see a kid's arm bitten off, and then getting dragged into a storm drain?"
>>
>>87469814
>does it really happen or are people memeing
I thought it was a meme too. It's not.
>>
>>87462987
saved
>>
so that shopkeeper with the glasses was /tv/ incarnate right?
>>
>>87469841
All the Dark Souls tier shot that you will need to get explained.

Also, all Stephen King large books go into LONG fucking tangents about seemingly unrelated shit that eventually sort of is important since it gives context to something else. Like the black clun that burned that they hint at in this movie, but also the life stories of some of the parents, two gay guys that get killed by rednecks, and so on.

For example, in the Kubrik Shining there's a man in a creepy dog costune giving a blowjob to an old dude? In the Shining book, you get their entire fucking backstory which is like 40 pages that just serve to show the hotel makes people act crazy alongside the four or so similar tangents with the exact same point.
>>
>>87470072

I thought that spider form was basically his "program" so to speak, in physical form. His real form needing to manifest in order to feed.

Jesus, this lore gets deeper. Though, I've always known about the turtle and all that, as well as the fact that Pennywise isn't actually IT, but a specter so to speak. The turtle and IT live in the macroverse right?

Why doesn't the turtle just kill him? Last I read he was a benevolent entity
>>
>>87470007

You're right. I was talking more in terms of not holding back the brutality. Like I said, in this day and age, a gay man getting pummeled before being tossed in the canal and eaten would be a bigger shock to audiences than a kid getting an arm ripped off.
>>
>>87469852
They use jump scares constantly, but they put adrenaline into you for a prolonged monster moment or tension rather than how most things use jumpscares, which is just as the scare itself.
>>
>>87470159
>I want to lick your vagina and smell your hair
What the FUCK was his problem?
>>
>>87470085
yeah it was definitely a shock, especially with him feebly crawling away with a bloody mess where his arm was, or that scene with the dismembered girl hanging up by chains
>>
Does anyone have any links to some cam uploads? Not even looking for the whole movie, just scenes.
>>
File: Stan_Uris.jpg (18KB, 350x352px) Image search: [Google]
Stan_Uris.jpg
18KB, 350x352px
why the fuck is this guy in the movie?

sometimes we dont even remember he exists
>>
File: hot xenomorph.jpg (23KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
hot xenomorph.jpg
23KB, 256x256px
>>87469814
The Turtle is the arch enemy of It, but cannot act directly on behalf of the children.

So the Turtle gives Bill visions of shit for exposition.

The "Ritual Of Chüd" will give the children the ultimate defense against It for round 2. By all having sex but in an innocent way, they won't be fully adult so It can't control them like most Derry adults, but they won't be children and thus weak against the visions and "believe in fairies and you can fly" powers of warping reality. They will be able to see It's illusions as adults, and use their remaining belief as weapons against it, but be unable to believe It's own attacks.

So before they leave the sewers, each boy has sex with her. Its from her perspective about how each one goes at it.

King used it to represent growing up too fast, it causes their adult lives to have the same problems as childhood because none grow emotionally but they are also still able to connect emotionally the same as they did as kids and are happy together.
>>
>>87470323
MOMMY
>>
>>87470309
So he can kill himself like a gigantic fucking pussy in part 2
>>
>>87469946
I don't think she was throwing a baby or it was the same well.

I think it was just a painting of a mother looking at a well that reminded him of Derry's well.

Did you reply to the wrong person? Your post doesn't seem to connect with that anon.
>>
>>87470249
>have you seen my shoe?
>>
>>87470249

Oh yeah seeing him crawl actually made me almost shed a tear. Something about seeing kids getting brutalized is harder for me. Also is pretty freaky seeing that fucked up version of Eddie come out of the mattress. At that point I seriously thought he was dead
>>
>>87470348
if they just killed him randomly it would be better

>hey guys im jew
>oh and im a pussy too

Thats literally the role he has, he is a jew and a pussy.
>>
>>87470397

Stan was definitely the weakest link in the chain. Now I know the black kid becomes really brave, but was he initially a coward? I don't remember him backing away from going into the sewer or anything like that
>>
>>87470425
yeah he didnt want to go into the neiboldt house
>>
>>87470167
The spider form was his avatar taking on a miniature version of its real form.
But the Club can't comprehend that since the rules of reality in the Deadlights are nothing like ours, and Kibg LOVES Lovecraft's "color from outer space" trope. So the brains of the Club spit out the spider as the closest thing they can understand.

Like putting your three dimensional self into a single dimension reality and it taking the form of an asterisk type thing.
>>
>>87470356
I'm saying that those are all connected to the incident i.e. Derry explosion that happened on Easter. Didn't some anon say that It came on a comet? Wouldn't surprise me if they touch up the lore a bit and have It crash in 1800's Derry causing the explosion.
>>
>>87470309
to have a barmitzvah
>>
>>87470167
The Turtle is a creator. The It creature is a destroyer.

Neither can do shit to each other.

Turtle is so unable to do anything to It that It mistook its inactivity for the Turtle being dead.

Honestly though, this stuff is really more Dark Tower than It. King never really fully committed to fleshing all this out since he just wanted to tie it all together for funsies like Lovecraft's is.

Dreamcatcher got weird. Mr. Gray and Duddits were like avatars of It and Turtle respectively, just like Pennywise is for It in It.
But Gray was totally uninformed about the world, being amused by humans and basically cumming in his pants when eating bacon for the first time, suggesting the Lovecraftian beings that are cosmic idiots.
>>
>>87466089
>missing the point
>>
>>87470438

In the original?
>>
>>87470182
Not if the folks doing it are clearly villainous minions of evil.

The problem is Adrian Melon is about as gay stereotype from Castro Turkish bathouses pre-AIDS as it gets.
>>
>>87470309
he has 3 scenes being a jew and 2 scenes being a pussy
>>
>>87470584
I can't wait for the 5 hour director's cut version that explores all of the gangs backstory.
>>
>>87470309
Out of all the kids, It traumatizes him the most. When he kills himself as an adult it shows that It can still harm them.

It provides tension. They aren't safe in the present by any means.
>>
>>87470576
this film
>>
>>87470346
Huh?
>>
>>87470425
Ben was the most afraid as a kid. He was fucking useless until he was an adult.

Stan was brave, but It was able to affect him far more than the others to the point that he became the wuss that Eddie originally was before standing up for himself.
The problem is in this movie its Eddie who seems to get the worst of it. In theory Eddie should be the one to an hero.
Then again, Stan did the least during the beatdown. So it kind of shows him as less willing to fight than Eddie.
>>
>>87470488
I don't think anyone implued they aren't connected, that post was just explaining why eggboy is scary to an anon who hasn't seen the movie.

Yeah, It came on the ancient comet that killed the dinosaurs, maybe; it was kind of showing bravado when it said that as I recall. It hibernated in Derry until white people showed up around 1700, every 27 years some act of horrible violence wakes It up and It kills a lot of people then naps again because its a lazy destroyer having fun doing its job.
>>
>>87470629
I'm guessing the mummy appeared early in the movie given it came out of fucking nowhere in the final fight.
>>
>>87470722
id say eddie definitely overcame a lot of his fears by discoverin his medicine was just a placebo and overcoming the oedipal stage, the jew kind've just got attacked and couldnt really fight back against it
>>
>>87470072
Do you have a single fact to back this up? From all what I know, they actually destroyed it.
>>
>>87470576

Haven't seen the movie yet, but in the book he's the first to snap and the others start breaking down in a chain reaction until Bill pulls them out of it.
>>
>>87470824
Hints dropped in Dark Tower and Dreamcatcher, then later him talking all about it in interviews.

It started with an Easter egg of the words "Pennywise Lives!" in DT, but then King went full-midichlorian.
>>
Any more caps? Please?
>>
>>87470798
Wasn't the mummy just part of Eddie' leper?
>>
>>87470931
Nope.

Looked similar, but it was a mummy with wrappings and a dry crumbling face rather than the leper's wet sweaty look.

Comes out of nowhere. Like the crab claws.

I'n guessing cut scenes. I hope we get a Director's Cut rather than concept panels in deleted scenes.
>>
>>87470884
Same

MORE Pennywise caps please. I really want to see the end scene with his Spider appendages, the dance, and when hes basically crying on the floor after the kids ass. Also when he sniffs bev HNNN
Thread posts: 362
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.