[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

a lot of people shit on blair witch (2016), but it had some good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (134KB, 666x999px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
134KB, 666x999px
a lot of people shit on blair witch (2016), but it had some good stuff going for it
i liked;
the whole thing with different people experiencing time differently
the very psychedelic house at the end, like where they ended up in the attic for no explainable reason
being unable to escape the woods and walking in a circle unable to leave
the sun never rising

can anyone recommend a movie that has similar psychological themes?
>>
I thought it was a pretty under rated found footage horror too
>>
>>87455067
I actually wasn't a fan of the fact that they made no attempt to actually make it a 'found footage' movie.
>>
>>87455102
they had the opening screen saying something like "the following is footage recovered blah blah"
but then at the end of the movie their are fucking credits... not sure what the hell they were thinking.

there were way too many visual effects with the glitchy noises and frames between scenes. really annoying.

the whole thing with the ear mounted camera was a cool way to get around the "why are they filming at a time like this" thing that kinda ruins many found footage movies.
>>
>>87455400
Oh did they? I saw it in the theater and haven't since. That's cool then but yeah, don't do credits. I will definitely give the directors credit for coming up with lots of creative ways to shoot the movie.
>>
>>87454712
I liked it a lot too! of course people were gonna hate it though because it revisits a beloved IP and attempts to do it's own thing with it instead of "the same movie slightly updated"
>>
>>87456164

> "the same movie slightly updated"

That's exactly what it did and why people hated it. To the point that they remain confused if it was a sequel or remake.

Add in idiot plots like taking your shoes off to cross a creek and a shitty retcon of the witch's appearance and you have a shit movie.

Best thing about BW 2016 was the stick totems and that chick snapping in half.
>>
>>87456331
Pretty sure that the creepy slender creature wasn't actually the witch though.
>>
The only interesting part of this movie was when near the end when they started to realize they were truely fucked. "We haven't seen the sun in days!" Everything else was terrible like the constant shitty jump scares. Most of them came from a character looking for another character and then the character would surprise the other character and their would be some loud screech from the camera sound. They also turned the witch into some giant swamp looking troll. I honestly enjoyed book of shadows way more.
>>
there were way too many jump scares. that is what audiences find scary, though, so you can't really blame the movie for giving people what they want.
they at least tried to put in some though provoking scary elements.

>>87456331
the whole soft reboot meme is getting out of hand. not only is every movie a sequel, there are countless movies that are essentially remakes under the guise of being a sequel.

>>87456384
i thought it was something like an alien desu
that the 'blair witch' was a story locals came up with to explain the unexplainable.
>>
>>87456384

I think it was supposed to be but given the negative reaction they changed their tune to it's not the witch.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.