[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You don't like Rick and Morty because you're not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5

File: RAM_BTS_INSIDE303.jpg (56KB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
RAM_BTS_INSIDE303.jpg
56KB, 1080x608px
>You don't like Rick and Morty because you're not a nerd like me XD

This is why Rick and Morty fans are insufferable because they've got the exact same fanbase as The Big Bang Theory retards now. Discuss.
>>
I actually attempted to like the show and failed miserably. It's just not funny, its also not even smart.
>>
>>87436832
>spams the board every day for months crying about a cartoon
Are you sure it's the fans of the show that are insufferable?
>>
>>87436935

Last episode I saw was where Rick and everyone cleaned up the house after the party and everything became uncertain. That would've been a fine episode for it if it was the last one but I found it just to be average and the humour was far too obvious.
>>
>>87436968
Maybe the show isn't good and op is tired of normies hype?
Never seen it so I don't know
>>
>>87436832

have only heard about it being so smart etc
really didnt touch it for that reason
got hooked though pretty good animations and the voice acting is brilliant.

>ywn have sarah chalke moan into your ear late at night
jdimsa ;_;
>>
>>87436832
Rick and morty is like a budget futurama. It has half the wit, half the heart, and none of the imagination.
I wish it stayed just a Roiland project and stayed out of harmons jew mitts. Then it would at least be a shitty run of the mill AS show
>>
>>87436832
If you don't like Rick and Morty it usually means you're just to stupid to understand it.
>>
>>87436832
>The Big Bang Theory
Don't people realize that show is a meme depiction of smart people for dumb people?
>>
>>87437201
Inb4 the pasta
>>
>>87437212

And Rick and Morty is exactly the same. This is why I hate modern "nerd culture", you don't have to do anything inherently intelligent except consume shitty media.
>>
>>87436832
Inb4 1000 pickleballrick memes
>>
>>87436832
This show's hatedom is so fucking annoying, I never heard about rick and morty before /tv/ started to make hate threads about it daily
>>
File: 1492232237251_1.png (126KB, 800x769px) Image search: [Google]
1492232237251_1.png
126KB, 800x769px
>>87437201
damn..
>>
>>87437042
ever time you point out some faggot spamming the same threads every day he responds with a variation of "weve ignored it long enough!" youre like even more autistic versions of tumblr
>>
It's a good show but /tv/ loves its memes, it's really not that pretentious so I'm not sure why people keep saying that, if anything the show is just making fun of itself most of the time. If you don't like the fan base then stop going to r/picklerick
>>
>>87437349
dude, I watch star wars, trek, and play tabletop rpgs, ain't I smart? I'm practically tesla
>>
>>87437201
niggers commit more crimes and have lower iqs tumblr faggot i bet you love jewish programming kike
>>
>>87437449

That's a fucking lie, modern "nerds" despise Star Trek. Which is ironic considering they should love it for the messages it preaches about acceptance and shit. Weird how it really hasn't taken off with modern pop culture at all even with the previous movies failing.
>>
>>87436832
Seems to me you retards complaining are teens or in school. Either way, no adult overdoes shit like you people keep complaining about. You know who does overdo shit/memes? My 14 year old brother. My solution: stop hanging around children, get a fucking job, and keep this shit online where it belongs.
>>
>>87437452
also their head shape is more like monkeys cuz their less evolved jews wanty white girls to have sex with them so white males stop existing thats why i didnt go to my prom
>>
>>87437437
This. Also around 1/3 of the episodes have genuinely cool Sci-Fi plots which are completely absent from TV in 2017.
>>
>>87437485
>modern "nerds" despise Star Trek.
They have no opinion on it because it doesn't have explosions and quips every 2 minutes. They simply don't watch it.
>>
>>87437585
>>87437485
I know some of those in their late 30s-early 40s, and they watch it. They are not very different from the modern ones. But at least some of them can code.
>>
>>87437638
Watch what? Star Trek or Reddit-Show? Cause I am in my 30s and damn right I still watch Trek.
>>
>>87436832
>SOLENYA
>Room full of writers
>Can't even use 1 word in different language correctly
Good job 'murica.
>>
>>87437554

That's why I started watching it. The riffs on movies we're funny (Jurassic Park, Inception), but then they've done a lot of weird shit. Like where they broke reality and had to sync up multiple versions of themselves
>>
>>87437692
Trek
Do you identify yourself as "nerd" ?
>>
I enjoy it.
>>
Rick and Morty is just not for everyone, just like everything else. It's certainly not bad, though. IT just has a demographic consisting in part of tumbleresque subhumans, but that's bound to overlap here and there eventually, realistically.

It's a well above average cartoon, but it's no Futurama or anything.
>>
Ill watch the show Just because you retards hate it so much, usually whatever thing you contrarians are against ends up being Pretty good
>>
>daily reminder that rick and morty is the only quality show airing at the moment and that only contrarian autismos "dislike" it to feel like special snowflakes

and ye, its audience is cancer. but plebbit cancer is nothing compared to neo 4chan /r9k/ permavirgin autismo cancer being spouted here for the sake of being contrarian.
>>
>>87437492
>keep it online where it belongs
>while on 4chan
Are you this stupid?
>>
>>87437913
Hola reddit
>>
>>87437714

The movie parodies are the ones that feel uninspired but I like the uncertainty episode or the one where Rick and Morty have to be forced to live in another universe because of the Cronenberg monsters.
>>
>>87437913
isn't that core 4chan though? I always felt like an impostor here, not being a virgin and all.
>>
>>87437913

This.

I'm so fucking over these fucking contrarian aspies. I have no doubt half of them watches and enjoys the shows and movies they shit on.
>>
>>87436832
>DUDE SELF-AWARE OBSERVATIONS ON AMERICAN SOCIETY AND PSEUDO-PHILOSOPHICAL INSIGHTS LMAOOOO
>>
>>87437934
i was lurking /b/ when you were semen sperglord

>>87437943
used to be an ironic meme, this /r9k/ cancer is only a few-years-old phenomenon. but the virginrage has spewed on all the fucking boards now, even boards like /lit/, /sci/ and /tv/. /tv/ was always a bit autistic but these last few years 4chan has non-ironically started becoming more cancerous than reddit
>>
>>87438139
Woah ur hardcore
>>
>>87436832
The show is surface level entertainment. It's extremely good at that.
>>
>>87436832

Me:
>hear about R&M
>watch a few episodes
>love the animation and the futurama-esque planet adventure theme
>enjoy the mature language and themes
>like the characters and enjoy their chemistry
>watch the new episodes, despite not liking every single one

You:
>have autistic fit because someone from reddit likes R&M
>create daily threads about why this cartoon is the worst thing to happen to the world since black people
>get insecure and angry when an imaginary characters makes a joke about anything remotely related to Christian religion
>repeatedly get called an autist and a loser and still create daily threads about why R&M is so terrible and gives you binary aids

Someone should really make a Chad version of the R&M hater virgin and the R&M Chad viewer.>>87436968
>>
/tv/ is a King of the Hill and Xavier Renegade Angel board.

R&M posters are redditors false flagging.
>>
>>87439595
>Someone should really make a Chad version of the R&M hater virgin and the R&M Chad viewer

please someone do this.
>>
File: IMG_3330.jpg (118KB, 990x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3330.jpg
118KB, 990x640px
>>87436832
RICK RICK RICK!!!
>>
You could just, ya know, not watch it
>>
i only like shit where they had those parasites turn into random characters. the characters are interesting like bird person etc

but this whole family drama shit is fucking trash
>>
>>87437485

whats so different in star trek that it makes less-normie/more clever than star wars?

I only watched star trek 2009 movie and it didn't look much different or more clever than star wars to me.
>>
Only Christ fags hate Rick and Morty.
It challenges their beliefs and makes them realize how dumb they are.
Everyone else doesn't consider Rick and Morty "Smart", only dumb people do. It's just a cartoon.
>>
>>87439880
Virtually everyone on 4chan posts on Reddit now. /r/movies and /r/television is the only place you can actually discuss movies and television nowadays. Here it's just memes, pedoshit or /pol/ shit. /tv/ is by far the most cancerous board.
>>
>>87441196
This. I swore off reddit for years but find myself going there a lot more now.
4chan is dying.
>>
I watched some episodes and I thought it was ok, but that was it.
Every time I finished an episode I'd think "that's it?". It was not thought provoking, it was not shocking, it was ok.
It just felt like a waste of my time and I just stopped watching.
>>
>>87439595
t. Leddit
>>
>>87436832
I thought it was good before the family drama started to have more of a presence than fun adventures in alternate universes.
>>
>>87436832
>it's a show about smart people, for smart people

i see this all over facebook. why do people think this show is smart? a lot of the concepts are just really obvious multiverse theorem and basic nihilism.
>>
>>87441423
Because it makes them FEEL smart by hearing a bunch of terms they don't really understand.
Plus, if they need to reinforce that a show is "smart" then they've already lost credibility.
>>
>>87436935
>its also not even smart
Uhhhhh sweety? I think the show is too smart for you, in actuality. Go read a couple physics books, even basic ones should be enough for you, and then try and watch it again???
>>
I wish they had characters that would challenge Rick or call him out for his bullshit like House and his crew. Rick is just too op
>>
>>87441708
I did but still don't understand what action movie tropes, mad max parody, purge parodies, superhero saw parodies, or wubba dubba glue glib have to do with physics? Unless lazy writing is a category covered in more advanced texts but then I'm not on that level
>>
>>87436832
This show needs more trippy ideas. You have a platform where you can make literally any idea into a narrative and you use it to make shitty genre spoofs until you feel like writing one or two good episodes a season
>>
File: me.jpg (95KB, 600x516px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
95KB, 600x516px
>>87436832
I don't really worry too much about the fanbases of cartoons.
>>
>>87443107
No we got it from your first post you're just not smart enough to understand the show
>>
>>87436832
tb.h I've never actually seen rick and morty fans I just see people complaining about them.
>>
>>87443563
there literally in this thread retard. can you not read?
>>
>>87443711
who is acting like a fedora tipper in this thread then?
>>
>>87443759
what are you talking about?
>>
>>87436832
I couldn't agree more, OP. You were spot-on.
>>
>>87443795
Please don't call somebody a retard then not be able to understand simple sentence structure or what somebody is saying that is simple. It's they're not there.
>>
>>87443937
so? why the fuck are you going off about fedora tippers then acting like one?
>>
i'm pickle rick!!!!!!!!!!! xD
>>
Is it just me or is there just gore for no reason other than to be edgy and that's not even trying to troll.

>pickle rick
>out of nowhere just constant gore and violence for no reason at all
>boobyah
>turning her skin inside out for no reason at all
>immortality park
>haha killing people then not dying is so hilarious! Oh what's funnier is if we turn of the immortality field and let a brother shoot his sister in the head hahaHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahHAHhaha

Like seriously what the fuck. I mean at least the other seasons it had gore sure but it made sense now it's just thrown in as much as possible.
>>
>>87439595
>animation and the futurama-esque planet adventure theme
Anything else like this?
That's my fetish
>>
>>87444154

It's been a bit since I watched the previous season's episodes, but I do distinctly feel like there's a lot more pointless action sequences in this season?

Maybe I'm just forgetting how much there was previously, but it's all just boring, unfunny, and lacks anything remotely resembling tension.
>>
>>87444154
Pickle Rick was absurdism mixed with various action movie cliches, that's forgivable.

The inside out thing was kind of unnecessary, though, but it was just an escalation of the 'Beth continually making things worse' gag they were running.

And the last example is just typical black humour, I don't know why you're getting so angry over it.

Gratuitous violence was really shit in the purge episode but it's not too bad this season. The mad max episode was just senseless and dumb though
>>
File: 1499951728891.jpg (60KB, 347x419px) Image search: [Google]
1499951728891.jpg
60KB, 347x419px
On a scale from 1 to 10, how buttblasted are you that I am enjoying this show unironically?
>>
>>87438139
Hola reddit
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.