[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The prequels got people hyped up, despite being of dubious quality,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1451572343725s.jpg (11KB, 192x250px) Image search: [Google]
1451572343725s.jpg
11KB, 192x250px
The prequels got people hyped up, despite being of dubious quality, something even The Last Jedi can't do as much.

Anyone remember the Clone Wars multimedia project between 2002 and 2005 (comics, toys, novels, games like Republic Commando and Battlefront II, Genndy Wars, etc.), as well as the hype leading up to Revenge of the Sith? That was a lot of fun. Star Wars will never be that fun or hype ever again.
>>
>>87411953
I remember all the moaning and bitching about how it was just dragonball Z and that it made Jedi look overpowered.
>>
File: richevans_0528.jpg (32KB, 823x609px) Image search: [Google]
richevans_0528.jpg
32KB, 823x609px
>>87411953
>not getting hyped for star wars
>STAR WARS
>STAR WARS
>STAR WARS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv8q1ENfWBA
>>
being excited for something isn't cool anymore anon
>>
>>87411953
Durge was based my nigger
>>
sounds like you're just talking about being excited for things when you were a child
>>
>>87411953
2003 >>>>>>> TCW
2005 Battlefront >>>>>>>>> nu-Battlefront
Revenge of the Sith >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TFA
Why was the prequel multimedia time so so so so SO much better than nu-Star Wars Disney trash?
>>
>>87412324
2d grievous was also cool
>>
Does anyone know what george meant by this
>>
>>87412751
2d grievous is the best
>>
>>87411953
My only complaint was that we never got a movie about the fucking clone wars, just the start and the end
>>
>>87413622
Genndy wars is like a 2-hour movie about the clone wars, if you watch it on dvd.
>>
>>87412038
If anything they were underpowered in the prequels.

>hundreds of Jedi including Mace Windu losing to the droid army

It's confusing why the original trilogy would care so much about Jedi when a strong one is maybe worth a squad of clone troopers.
>>
>>87411953
>>87412436
Because we were being shown a new universe and we had no idea what to expect. We knew the prequels were stupid, but we didn't care because they were fresh and fun.

Nu-SW isn't fresh or fun. It's a shitty rehash of the originals, desperately pandering to its audience while insulting them.

I didn't mind TFA, honestly, but I finally saw Rogue One not too long ago and holy shit that movie is the worst piece of shit I've seen in ages.
>>
>>87413834
>I didn't mind TFA, honestly, but I finally saw Rogue One not too long ago and holy shit that movie is the worst piece of shit I've seen in ages.
Most people seem to think the opposite
>>
>>87413834
True. During the early-mid 2000s, for instance I remember seeing a lot of people on forums with Jango Fett avatars. By contrast, I barely see anyone with Kylo Ren avatars, even years after TFA.
>>
>>87414261
just how different is a Jango Fett avatar from a Boba Fett avatar

can't speak for your other point as I didn't know forums with avatars even existed anymore
>>
File: Vode An intensifies.png (510KB, 960x699px) Image search: [Google]
Vode An intensifies.png
510KB, 960x699px
>>87412436
I'll show you
Back then Lucasarts was free to explore different creative avenues for the Star Wars license. They were more able to take risks on various directors and video game developers. From Factor 5 to Ravensoft for video games and Genndy and others for film/tv endeavors.

Now, as we've seen, every movie/tv show is going to be a made-by-committee piece of Disney trash. And now every video game is going to be produced by EA. All future Star Wars games will suffer from EA's money grubbing business model; half broken on launch with $1-200 worth of DLC ready to dive right into your wallet. Creativity in Star Wars is now a relic of a time long gone.

Star Wars is dead and Disney has strung up its corpse with a lightsaber glued to its hand like some sort of macabre marionette.
>>
>Games by EA
>Comics by modern Marvel
>Movies by Disney

Lucas really did get the last laugh, didn't he?
>>
>>87413787
>If anything they were underpowered in the prequels.
wat
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.