[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck happened to Mock the Week? It has to be the worst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 275
Thread images: 29

File: _73200249_mock2.jpg (22KB, 464x261px) Image search: [Google]
_73200249_mock2.jpg
22KB, 464x261px
What the fuck happened to Mock the Week? It has to be the worst panel show still running. Am I just wearing rose-tinted glasses or was it always shit?
Fuck me, even The Last Leg is better than this collection of Z-list comedians trying and failing to be funny.
>>
>it's a Dara says "errrrrrr" at the end of every sentence episode
>>
>>87402093
>worst panel show

It's like saying worst bucket of shit
>>
>>87402093
>What the fuck happened to Mock the Week?
Dara O'Brien
>>
It really went to shit when BBC blacklisted Frankie Boyle.
>>
is this some sort of brit thing?
>>
>quota niggers
>quota women
>all the original comedians gone
Honestly you'll find better comedy at your local pub now.
>>
>>87402093
>Z-list comedians
But that's every British comedian.
>>
Has been shit since Boyle left. It lost it's edge and went ultra PC.

No more tranny jokes. No more racism jokes.
>>
OFFICIAL PANEL SHOW POWER LEVELS

GOD TIER
>Have I Got News For You (pre-UKIP/Brexit era)
>8 Out of 10 Cats does Countdown

>8 Out of 10 Cats

MID
>Nevermind The Buzzcocks
>The Big Fat Quiz of the Year

LOW
>Mock the Week
>A League of Their Own
>Would I Lie to You?

SHIT
>QI
>Celebrity Juice
>>
>>87402093
It's always been shit. Andy Parsons is one of the most unfunny people I have ever witnessed. It's just terrible stand-ups on the circuit parcelling out bits of their sets.
>>
>>87402657
Dara's fine, he's the only one keeping the show alive, if you can call it alive.

>>87402734
>>87402826
This. You can track the decline of the show to the point where Boyle left.

>>87402814
The panelists are literally nobodies at this stage though, people they got from a local pub's open mic night. Established comedians avoid the show like the plague and it's become an openly stated running joke that appearing on Mock the Week destroys your credibility as a comedian.
>>
what would be /tv/s ideal panel show lineup?
>>
>>87402896
Just fucking off yourself. HIGNFY is the least funny pile of shit on television.
>>
>>87402896
Celebrity Juice was top tier when they made Holly Willoughby do lewd things
>>
Always been shit. At least other panel shows at least try to hide the fact that the panelists are just reading off the jokes from their comedy sets.
>>
>>87402896
>LOW
>>Would I Lie to You?
m8 wot are you even doing

I don't watch TV anymore but that was always great. The best panel shows are on the radio:

>The Unbelievable Truth
>I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue
>The News Quiz (pre-UKIP/Brexit era)

>>87403084
It used to be good.
>>
>>87402896
>>Would I Lie to You?
>LOW
nah, it's mid at the very least, Lee and David have become pretty one note in the past few years but it's still enjoyable
8Oo10CdC is not god tier either
>>87402919
Andy parsons is fucking terrible. Back when Frankie was on I always thought he must've hated being around "comedians" like Parsons and Russell Howard
>>
>>87402896
>those names
I prefer Bubble and Squeak the Cheeky Talky Show myself guvnah
>>
I stopped watching when they got rid of Frankie because he hurt some feelings. You knew it was all downhill from there.
>>
>>87403132
>The News Quiz (pre-UKIP/Brexit era)

I haven't listened to The News Quiz in years but it used to be hysterical. I guess it's just turned into DRUMPF jokes and Brexit is the worst thing to ever happen to mankind.
>>
>>87402896
>(pre-UKIP/Brexit era)
>I got into politics and it started triggering me
There has been no change in years, it was shit long before then.
>>
>>87403153
>burgers cant into comedy

figures
>>
>>87403048
Host: Jimmy Carr/Stephen Fry/Simon Amstell/Mark Lamarr/The Tall Cunt That Does Pointless

David Mitchell
Sean Lock
Richard Ayoade

Bill Bailey
Rob Brydon
Lee Mack
>>
>>87403193
>I guess it's just turned into DRUMPF jokes and Brexit is the worst thing to ever happen to mankind.

That's pretty much all political comedy is nowadays.
>>
>>87403223
>Stephen Fry

Paedophile detected.
>>
>>87403223
I'd probably replace Bailey with Bob Mortimer, but you have a good lineup there.
>>
>>87402896
Wilty is kino bud. Just for mack and David bants
>>
File: 1502822820065.jpg (20KB, 445x549px) Image search: [Google]
1502822820065.jpg
20KB, 445x549px
>it's the dude with the fucked up hands episode
>>
comedians you have literally never laughed at?
>>
>>87402896
This has got to be some elaborate bait because some things are correct and half of it is obviously objectively wrong.
HIGNFY has been shit for years and those two old farts they have as regulars lost their touch a long, long time ago.
QI and WILTY are amazing.

Real list:

GOD TIER
>WILTY
>QI
>Cats does Countdown

TOP TIER
>8 out of 10 cats before Rob Beckett and Aisling Bea took over as team captains
>NMTB

LOW TIER
>Mock the Week
>HIGNFY currently

REALLY DEPENDS ON THE LINE-UP TIER
>Big Fat Quiz (Mel B absolutely ruined that episode she was in)

NEEDS TO BE BROUGHT BACK TIER
>Shooting Stars
>>
>>87402093
>british panel shows

truly for the euphoric and enlightened 16-year-old atheists who admire comedic giants like jimmy carr, frankie boyle and andy parsons
>>
>>87402810

This the BBC changed it's laws to have forced diversity.

>>87402896

Nevermind The Buzzcocks

The likes of the Mark Lamarr era will never be seen again on Tv.
>>
>>87403449
He always makes me cringe when he's on QI. So many of his jokes just get greeted by complete silence from the audience and the panelists in such a way that they can't even edit it in a flattering way. He also loves to resort to shouting very loudly in an attempt to get laughs
>>
File: 1453124442263.jpg (166KB, 1025x819px) Image search: [Google]
1453124442263.jpg
166KB, 1025x819px
>>87403494
>>
>>87403566
Buzzcocks was absolutely godly with Lamarr. I liked Amstell too but things got shit when Fielding came along instead of Bailey.
>>
feel like hugh dennis is only there because it's comfy. he's actually a witty, charismatic, intelligent comedian. wasted on this heap of shit.

show went to shit when frankie left pretty much, although that's not to say comrade frankie's career has hit europhic heights since either.

russell howard made a career off the back of this, but his star has seriously faded recently.

>>87403478

>Aisling Bea
all of my cum. god tier wife material.
>>
>>87403581
not even american, these shows are getting stale and those panelists with their smug faces after a scripted joke aren't helping
>>
>>87403449
Any female comedian, especially Sue Perkins who must be amazing at blowjobs to keep getting employed.
>>
File: 1389782471011.png (92KB, 276x268px) Image search: [Google]
1389782471011.png
92KB, 276x268px
>>87403692
total nazis
>>
>>87402563
Once you notice this you can't stop. So many other comedians do it too
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>HOH HOH HOH HOH HOH
>>
>>87403704
>Any female comedian
This.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnZZgkOI_7k
>>
>>87403449
a lot of the newer ones coming through seem pretty shit. but maybe I'm just old and cynical now. nish kumar for example, i really didn't find funny. it's not a brownie thing though, i really like romesh.

never found michael mcintrye funny either.

jack dee is my personal favourite, all time. frankie boyle (selectively), lee mack, sean lock all gooduns. jason manford and kevin bridges are good too, but less consistently.

jimmy carr is alright, but he's very repetitive and i see too much of him
>>
people who go into stand up are mad man. to actually put yourself in front of a crowd, usually no training or anything, and take the punt that you can make these people laugh is excruciatingly difficult.

hopefully it'll help that the audience are a bit loose, and in the mood to laugh. but at the starting stage it must be fucking torture when a joke falls flat.

takes an insane amount of graft to go anywhere too (unless you're jack whitehall and daddy bankrolls everything)
>>
>>87402896
Would I Lie to You is the only British panel show I've actually enjoyed.
>>
>>87402919
The funniest thing Andy Parsons has ever done was try and run in the Test Match Special 60th anniversary match.
>>87403335
I hate that gammy fuck so God damned much. Him, Josh Widdicombe, and that weirdo with the huge teeth all make me seethe with rage just at the thought of them.
>>
>>87403661
>feel like hugh dennis is only there because it's comfy. he's actually a witty, charismatic, intelligent comedian. wasted on this heap of shit.
Hugh is a decent comedian in everything else I've seen him in. I'm pretty sure the reason he's still on Mock the Week is because of the easy money. It's an easy job, 12 shoots a year, and I'm sure his salary increases with each new series.

>Aisling Bea
>all of my cum. god tier wife material.
She is stunning, and Irish accents do things to my cock. I just don't find her that funny which is a shame.
>>
>>87404101
Watch Shooting Stars, it's basically a panel show format as a way for Vic & Bob to mock their guests.
>>
File: ballballs.webm (2MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
ballballs.webm
2MB, 720x480px
>>87403111
>>
>it's a Simon Amstell banters off the guests so hard, that guests eventually refuse to come onto the show, leading to its death series
Is there a better way to end a panel show?
>>
The most important question is how has the panel show become so stale?
>>
>>87404714
They found their comfort zone.

Same handful of comedians.
One says one line, the other replies.
Cue audience laugh.
Repeat
>>
>>87404569
it's a Simon Amstell reads from a guest's missus' book episode
>>
>>87404779
And Bill Bailey grabs an audience member to fill in.
>>
>>87404714
The BBC is taxpayer funded and panel shows are the cheapest form of TV entertainment, they saturated the market then ruined all of them by chosing to push their lefty agenda rather than make something funny.

>Most people voted for Brexit
>Most people voted Conservative
>Get a bunch of liberal faggots to make "These people are all stupid!" jokes for half an hour
>Wonder why viewers are dropping off like flies
The only other possible explanation I can think of is they want to get privatised, but that would be the end of their gravy train, so that seems unlikely to me.
>>
>>87402896

Shit: all of them apart from maybe WILTY
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>87404826
That was the best guest appearance since The Right Honorable Tub of Lard, MP
>>
>>87403478

Shooting Stars will never come back, it's from a more innocent time. Shame as I fucking loved it.
>>
>>87405062
Pretty much. Just imagine the shitstorm it would create if they broadcast this in 2017:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFs0SLf0c8o
>>
>>87404934
Where did HIGNFY go so wrong?
>>
Man, old 8 Out Of 10 Cats was really great, back when Sean Lock enjoyed his job. I've been watching some older episodes on YouTube and stumbled upon this golden episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RcpCuJwS0g

It's the one with Uri Geller as a guest and literally everyone is constantly taking the piss out of him for thirty minutes.
>>
>>87403573

He's funny when he takes the piss out of Fry for being posh.
>>
>>87405107

sacking Angus
>>
>>87402093
Scripted jokes meant to look improvisational. It's as fake as wrestling. Frankie Boyle was the only reason to watch, and I only found him funny when I was 13.
>>
>>87405107

When they got rid of Deayton it was basically over but they kept it limping on with guest hosts. Most of who where not funny.
>>
>>87402093
it was always wank

the only remotely funny person in the original lineup was hugh dennis
>>
>>87405220
>Most of who where not funny
There are some exceptions though, the one hosted by Shatner is still my favourite episode they ever did

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsvaeo
>>
>>87403981
is that how jack whitehall got famous? literally never heard of him until he was on panel shows.
>>
>>87405062
>>87405105
I see no reason why it shouldn't come back, it's been on-and-off plenty of times. Sure, they couldn't do the sketches where they black up or put on an Asian accent, but the rest is fine even by today's standards.
Even Vic's routine of flirting with the attractive woman guest at the start and the whole "now that we're going out together" is pretty innocent.

Shooting Stars coming back is up to the BBC and Vic and Bob, and I really don't think it's a PC issue.
>>
>>87405062
They gave it a go with Lucky sexy winners, but only got one episode.
>>
>>87405213
It's crazy what Boyle has turned into now. Gone from dark 'n' edgy to SJW Scottish nationalist.
>>
>>87405258
The one with Brian Blessed after Thatcher died was GOAT.
>>
Anyone listen to athletico mince? Bob mortimers impression of dara o brien cracks me up.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXOu4ePnMM8
>>
>>87402093
American here, which panel show will i most likely get the most? im not caught up on topical british stuff.
>>
>>87405350
WILTY
>>
They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdvD4Fhc_K8
>>
>>87403981

It's not that hard, you just learn not to give a shit if it goes badly. Everyone has bad sets until you have an audience that specifically come to see you perform
>>
>>87405350
Would I Lie To You?
>The panelists have to read from a card which either states a true fact about them or a lie, and convince everyone it's the truth. If the other team works out the truth, they get a point, otherwise the person reading the card gets a point.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3h51eo
>>
>>87405340
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I3qREbKqLw
>>
>>87405282

I don't think it's a PC issue either. I just don't think younger people would "get" their silly antics. Kids are cynical for that stuff now.
>>
>>87402093
Based Frankie left.
>>
>>87405274
his dad is a multi-millionaire casting agent, absolutely loaded and incredibly well connected.

don't know much about whitehall, but i know he got to skip the slog of fringe/touring up and down the country/auditions/the shitty comedy circuit. think he miraculously somehow went pretty much straight to TV and a pretty high level entry stand up gigs.
>>
>>87405542
That, and people endlessly parroting Monty Python lines ruined absurdist comedy for everyone. Vic & Bob and The Goons are both better at it but it's hard to convince anyone to even try them these days.
>>
>>87402093
Frankie Boyle was removed for causing too much butthurt
>>
>>87402896
Celebrity juice is pretty funny with all the sexual and perverted jokes
>>
>>87405592
Whitehall is painfully unfunny, I watched an episode of Bad Education and it felt like a CBBC show with sex jokes and swear words.
>>
>>87403981
People like Russell Brand have never been affected by nerves like that
>>
>>87405371
>>87405514
oh shit the peep show guy is in it? maybe ill pick this up then
>>
>>87402093
>even The Last Leg is better than this

I haven't watched either show in months but I can tell you categorically without a shadow of a doubt that you are wrong
>>
>>87405795
Yeah David Mitchell is a team captain and I think he's in every episode.
>>
>>87405592

UK comedy is a closed shop. There's one agency that signs up everybody that fits a "type" and sticks them on panel shows.

There's a few standups like Daniel Kitson that shun that world and remain pretty popular though,
>>
>>87403193
Brexit is looking like it's going to be the end times.
>>
>>87405737
i know the internet isn't his biggest fan, but i really think he's an incredibly charismatic bloke and a very good actor.

can't do stand up for shit. it's a shame he decided to be a youtube revolutionary, he's a really talented guy. could have affected more people through his art in a positive way.
>>
>>87405941

He's a great TV presenter. Not giving him his own talk show like Jonathan Ross was a missed opportunity.
>>
>>87404385
I love Mortimer but Reeves is just a shite.
>>
>>87405941
Staying in the public eye like that is probably the only reason he still has a career, Jonathan Ross never recovered after that stupid prank call they made together got them fired.
>>
>>87406013
His chat show is still running so it's not as if Ross' career is completely over.
>>
>>87406008
They did give him his own talk show on American TV but it failed miserably.
>>
>>87403981
All you need is overinflated self confidence and to find the right audience. I have a friend, he's a painfully unfunny cunt, but he thinks he's god's gift to everyone. Which enables him to put on an ill-fitting blazer, get up on stage and make awful jokes about Pokemon and Dungeons & Dragons, which, despite having zero comedy value, consistently gt a laugh because his audience is students in Edinburgh, who laugh because they understand the reference and they want to be on the inside.
>>
Does Taskmaster count as a panel show?
>>
>QI
>Good
Any show hosted by a faggot is automatically shit.
>>
>>87405542
>>87405619
Surely kids aren't the primary demographic anyway? Besides, Vic and Bob are still doing stuff and have plenty of fans. They do tours together, they appear on other panel shows and use their absurdist comedy there. They had a sitcom a year or two ago. They're still big names in the industry and attract many fans.
>>
>>87406157
No.
>>
>>87405809
The point is that they're both incredibly poor quality. I have no idea why either of them keep getting recommissioned.
>>
>>87406210
Probably not, but some of my earliest memories are watching Shooting Stars and The Smell of Reeves & Mortimer on TV and I loved it just as much as my dad did, the jokes and references mostly went over my head but the funny voices, outfits and songs definitely appeal to kids.
>>
>>87406067
Ross's wife is the money maker in the family now. Besides, doesn't Ross film that Penn and Teller thing? Can't be that bad if he gets to spend a few months filming in Las Vegas every year.

>>87405941
I genuinely feel bad for Brand. Guy tries to use his fame to actually effect a change in peoples view on society and wake them up to how corrupt the systems in place are and he just got mocked for it to the point where he basically retired. It's more than most celebrities would do.

>>87406101
It's difficult to talk to a man when you're paralyzed by his sex-aura.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynUjo99Gzbk
>>
>>87406318

Airtime has to be filled and panel shows are cheap and quick to produce.
>>
KINO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG6YaY_7ge0
>>
>>87404826
>looked nothing like Preston
>ends up being funnier than Preston
BTFO so hard it killed off whatever remained of his career.
>>
Sean Lock doing that carrot game on 8 Out of 10 Cats is prime, pure, unfiltered kino
>>
I loved Sean Lock on QI so I started watching E double O T CDC
Now I love Jon Richardsson
Why are panel shows so much better than standup?
>>
>>87406514
At least get some good writers and comedians on then. The Last Leg especially has no excuse because it's hosted by some random Australian, and features Josh Widdecombe, the unfunniest comedian on the circuit, and weird hands guy, who can literally not utter a single sentence without referring to his hands.
>>
>>87406797
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeJywF86uAU
>>
>>87406801
>Why are panel shows so much better than standup?
Talented comedians who like each other can set each other up to make funnier gags than any one person can do alone, or even make a joke that fails funny by ribbing them for it, I think that's the key to good improv too.
>>
>>87402563
>>87403752
It's so obvious once you pick up on it, every time I see him guest on a show I have to turn it over.
>>
Remember when John Kearns was on Cats does Countdown?
Too bad he has to do the stupid disguise and yelling bullshit, some of the jokes were quite good
>>
File: nintchdbpict000303826996.jpg (31KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
nintchdbpict000303826996.jpg
31KB, 640x960px
>haha have i told you the joke about how i'm so fat and ugly i have to force my husband to have sex with me haha?
>>
errr
>>
Topical panel shows like 8oo10c, HIGNFY and Mock the Week have gone to shit ever since Brexit and Trump because it's all the fucking talk about these days.
>>
>>87406801
>>87406919
>Talented comedians who like each other can set each other up to make funnier gags than any one person can do alone
Exactly. That's a huge part of why WILTY is so brilliant, the Mitchell/Mack dynamic. Alan Davies and Bill Bailey on QI together is also always good value.
Not sure about Sean Lock and Jon Richardson being mates or anything though. You rarely see Sean crack a smile when Jon gets a laugh. And for one reason or another they don't seem to appear together on Countdown anymore, one of them is always replaced by a guest captain these days.
>>
>>87407209
>It's a Dara O'Brien on Just A Minute episode
I think it was quite cruel that they treated that as a hesitation (mostly the women guests), people would generally ignore vocal ticks like that such as Peter Jones so they could finish the joke at least.
>>
British panel shows in general have been destroyed in recent years. Now our TV can only focus on diversity quotas and grim 4 episode dramas about child murder.
>>
>>87407238
They've been shit for a while but yeah Trump/Brexit has made them even shittier especially since Hislop doesn't even bother trying to disguise his bias anymore.
>>
>>87407392
They're mates, they did that documentary together where they went to America to see how redneck humor is different or something
>>
>>87407465

panel shows were never good
>>
>>87406106
Please get us some footage of this.
>>
>>87404361
I'm Irish but Ashing Bea is shilled so hard and it's only in Britain, I've honestly never heard anyone talk about her here. She tries so hard, it's embarressing
>>
>>87402896
Buzzcocks used to be pretty funny, haven't watched it in a while
What happened to QI, I used to think it was great, it could be cringe at time but the fun facts always had me engaged
>>
>>87406987
I was surprised to find out Doug Stanhope did an episode of 8OoTC years back.
>>
>>87407883
Buzzcocks was cancelled 2 years ago, and I think QI was good until The Unbelievable Truth came out and the QI writers started stealing their facts from there as if the shows had no overlapping audience.
>>
>>87404839
>turn on bbc
>lefty politician randomly shows up in the middle of a skit
>turn it off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2FToyZil3I
>>
>>87402734
He quit well before that happened. Also he got a four episode show recently, but only because it was a show about leftwing people agreeing with eachother. At least it was vaguely funny when Katherine whatshercunt shut her fucking face.
>>
>>87402896
Have I got news for you is still funny if you skip the obligatory brexit part
>>
>>87407582
Did they? What was it called? I'd love to see the both of them hanging out, was it funny/any good to see them together? I always got the feeling they were pretty cold to one another.
>>
>>87403478
>liking John Richardson
Watch his stand up and you'll hate him as much as I do. His entire act is likely the same joke over and over and stupid whining.
>>
>>87408128
>QI was good until The Unbelievable Truth came out and the QI writers started stealing their facts from there as if the shows had no overlapping audience.
It's more of a give-and-take thing, both shows are on good terms with one another. And if anything, there were a lot of facts in The Unbelievable Truth that I heard on QI years prior.
>>
>>87408360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGr-mFIUofY
Also just for posterity: Sean laughs all the time at the shit Jon does in 8OOTC
>>
>>87408320
And the Drumpf parts
>>
>>87408373

most standup is like this desu

I'm starting to think it's an outdated way of doing comedy
>>
>>87408373
Piss off m8. Judging people by their standup is retarded because standup is a terrible form of comedy
Sean Lock's standup is boring as all hell, and that's motherfucking Sean Lock!
>>
Why is David Mitchell good when he does his own stuff, but Lee Mack is shit on his own?

Still a good duo
>>
File: 1499937469663.gif (972KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1499937469663.gif
972KB, 540x405px
>>87408587
>implying his stand up is bad
>implying Not Going Out is bad
>>
Russell Howard's show is worse then everything everyone in this thread has complained about COMBINED

Its concept is taking every fucking normie ass normie normie NORMIE meme from facebook vine videos and Howard screeches terrible reddit-tier jokes about it in the most forced fashion possible.
>>
>>87408587
David has this brutally analytica yet beautifully wordedl style that he can unleash on anyone at any time
Lee's biggest strength is his quick wit and coming up with funny bullshit in the blink of an eye, which is obviously impossible to show in pre-written jokes
Also obviously nothing can top them winding each other up, I love how their comedy has started kind of blending together over the years
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxI5zD10af8
>>
>>87408767
>it's a Miranda Hart series of Not Going Out
>>
>>87408373
I thought his stand up was pretty decent. I like his self-deprecating style and some of his slight OCD tendencies resonate with me, though he has it a lot worse (or he exaggerates for comic effect).

>>87408555
Also true. Sean Lock's stand up is alright, but not great, yet he's a fantastic comedian. Same with Lee Mack, I fucking love him on WILTY but can't stand his stand up stuff, he's like a hyperactive shouting child. But his lightning-fast wit is amazing on WILTY.
>>
>>87408944
>some of his slight OCD tendencies resonate with me
You should watch A Little Bit OCD. It's not funny at all, but it's a documentary where Jon goes out and meets real OCD patients and learns how fucked up it is and how it starts off with small things and then degenerates over time
>>
>>87405131
>that bit where Uri Geller tells you to put a spoon on your telly and he promises you it will fall off as soon as he counts down to zero
>I did it and the spoon actually dropped at that exact moment
Spooked me for about three seconds man
>>
>>87409133
>and he promises you it will fall off as soon as he counts down to zero
(but turn up your speaker REAL loud)
>>
>>87409046
I've watched that, was pretty interesting. Also put Jon's dishwashing and tidying obsessions into perspective.
>>
>>87409175
Yeah man
>talking about how it's totally OCD to step on certain stones in the pavement based on a pattern
>a bit later, talking to parents about their son who basically went insane as the OCD took over and killed himself
:(
>>
>>87402093
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2z-AdzgKjY
>>
File: 8_10_countdown_sean_bean.jpg (25KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
8_10_countdown_sean_bean.jpg
25KB, 300x200px
>it's a Sean Bean episode
>>
Got a question for the britfags: How well-known are the TV presenters that come as guests on these shows? For example, say you have Tess Daly as a guest. Is she considered an A-list celebrity that almost everyone would know? Or is that more reserved for actors?
>>87409374
Surprisingly funny desu
>>
>>87409366
Is that fucking Big Ben, Bentally Ill, Benola Gay, Osama Ben Laden, Benstrual Cycle, Blinky Ben?
>>
>>87409428
Our system of celebrity is weird over here. Our c-z listers are probably more well known than actors/musicians etc, just because they always crop up on TV. Nobody likes them or respects them, they're just a known quantity so they keep getting jobs.
>>
>>87409610
It's funny how often the claim to fame seems to be "was in Big Brother 5 years ago" or "is the wife of someone actually famous"
To be fair they gotta fill a full panel once a week
>>
>>87405131
>>87409133
>>87409158
That might just be my favourite episode. The relentless piss-taking of Uri always makes me laugh, the guy obviously didn't know what he was getting into.

>>87409428
Wouldn't call Tess Daly or Claudia Winkleman A-list. Presenting a popular tv show gets you famous and they're basically household names, but tv presenters aren't that revered really, unless they're known for high-brow stuff (Michael Parkinson, David Attenborough).
An example of an A-lister on a panel show would be Emma Thompson on that episode of QI.

>>87409374
I really enjoyed him, especially his second appearance, and I hope he does more. No idea why he dresses up as Ned Stark even though he's pretending to be Sean Bean the actor.
>>
>>87409770

they just dive into an agency's phone book and find who's available
>>
>>87403494
more like broadsheet readers imo
>>
File: f046ffce9cbe7c1142df29af57065311.jpg (103KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
f046ffce9cbe7c1142df29af57065311.jpg
103KB, 1920x1080px
Proof that women DO go for a sense of humor
>>
the best comedians are the ones you won't find on panel shows
>>
>>87410073
he was already a rich famous man when they met lol
>>
>>87409610
>>87409770
It is weird. Winning the Great British Bake Off gets you instant celebrity status. I've seen some of them appear on panel shows and chat shows numerous times, years after they won.

>It's funny how often the claim to fame seems to be "was in Big Brother 5 years ago" or "is the wife of someone actually famous"
True, but that's nothing compared to episodes of Pointless Celebrities. Surely the celebrities on there must realise the irony of the title "pointless celebrities".
I seriously have no idea where they get those people from, it's hilarious.
>>
>>87406465
>I genuinely feel bad for Brand.

Fuck off. He's this generation's Jimmy Savile. He literally fingered a
little girl's nipple on live Breakfast TV while reading his Pied Piper book.
I'd link the vid but fkn Jewtube has taken it down.

Here's another creepy moment.

https://youtu.be/FFVO_tQy8C4?t=94

Same tactic, he's talking away from the victim, initial veneer of friendly,
casual contact, but casually moving in closer and closer for the quick
moment of contact, while the kid is obviously super uncomfortable
but trapped by the social situation into not making a scene. Though
the younger girl in the missing video aggressively jerks her shoulder
to get his hand off her.

For predators like this it's extremely important to "hide in plain sight" to get
what is known as "Duper's Delight" from getting away with such anti-social
behavior in full public view.

Anyway, if you still want to support the guy, just fucking remember this when
this guy's shit comes out years from now when he's not longer under whatever
protective umbrella that's keeping him from exposure. Just like Savile.

But don't pretend that no-one was saying anything or pointing out behavioral
red flags, or that you had no idea.
>>
>>87410073
i'm certain she has taken quite a bit of dick before david

& David isn't even that bad looking, just that whenever you see him you really believe you're looking at/talking to Mark Corrigan. which makes him seem ugly/wierd/creepy/tragic
>>
File: PFAolyp6.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
PFAolyp6.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
>>87408776
UKIIIIIIIIIIIIIP?
UKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP?
>>
>>87410296
Huh, whenever I heard about TV people molesting underage grills I thought they'd do it to teenage qts
i didn't realize they liked feeling up ugly as shit 10 year olds, what a misuse of power
>>
>>87410073
David Mitchell is a lucky man, getting to nail that every night.

>>87410165
>>87410342
If you like David Mitchell I recommend reading his autobiography Back Story. It's really funny and it goes into detail about how he courted Victoria Coren. Lots of behind-the-scenes looks at stuff like writing for the BBC, filming Peep Show etc.
He also mentions that there's one popular comedian on the circuit that he's been on panel shows with who he genuinely finds utterly unfunny. Obviously he doesn't name names but it's been bugging me for years, trying to guess who he was talking about.
>>
>>87410542
Obligatory listening for any David fan, that is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQn3eOu8DF8
>>
>>87410295
The only GBBO winner I've ever seen is Nadia Hussein but that's mainly because she's a muslim and people said mean things about her after she won so she constantly gets plastered everywhere.
>>
>>87410643
She was surprisingly cute
>>
>>87410542
>David Mitchell is a lucky man, getting to nail that every night.
>>
>>87405893
This. The talent is getting stale, and the reason is because it's a closed loop - they don't want others getting a slice of the BBC pie.
https://www.comedy.co.uk/features/stewart_lee_off_the_kerb_avalon/
>>
BREXIT?!?!?!?!

BLOODY RACIST!!!!!!!
>>
>>87410706
Considering his boobs, manlet status, teeth and weak jaw, yeah, he is lucky.
>>
>>87410295
To be fair BBO was viewed by millions each week.
Pointless Celebrities gets some good groups even if they aren't particularly well known. Like the cricket one with a bunch of the Test Match Special lot. Aggers is always a good laugh.
>>
>>87410706
Breaking: Woman looks like shit shortly after giving birth.
>>
>>87410775
love how he immediately grew a beard once he was married
>>
>>87410820
The wonders of makeup
>>
File: 843hhf345.jpg (104KB, 736x981px) Image search: [Google]
843hhf345.jpg
104KB, 736x981px
>>87410583
Fuck I never knew he voiced an audiobook version. Cheers anon.

>>87410706
I love how that photo always gets posted when someone mentions David and Victoria. We all have bad photos anon. But don't forget that pic related is what David Mitchell gets to see in the bedroom each night.
>>
>>87410820
sup?
>>
>>87410820
MUMMY MILKIES
>>
>>87403981
>takes an insane amount of graft to go anywhere too

I have genuine respect for people like Peter Kay who came from nowt and made it

But like half of all comedians went to Cambridge and got their contacts through Footlights and the other half just asked Daddy for help
>>
>>87410706
she's above average brit woman, he's below average brit male. i'd say he's lucky.
>>
>>87410165
She's the rich one dude. Are you forgetting that she's a world-famous top poker player? She does regular poker tournaments with other big shots and makes millions. She didn't marry David Mitchell for his money that's for sure
>>
>>87410970
its a status thing though
>>
>>87410951
She's also smart and cultured (I know no one on /tv/ cares about that but he probably does)
It would fuck me up to know that my woman is so good at lying and bluffing she did it professionally though
>>
>>87410921

Peter Kay is incredibly talented. Look at That Peter Kay Thing, Phoenix Nights and his various acting roles.

He just realised the easiest way to be rich was to yell about stuff from the 1980s to morons
>>
>>87410542
i like david. not a mega fan by any means, but i might give this a go, cheers.
>>
>>87410970

her dad was a popular writer and TV personality too
>>
File: owen.png (69KB, 1044x336px) Image search: [Google]
owen.png
69KB, 1044x336px
>>87406465
>I genuinely feel bad for Brand. Guy tries to use his fame to actually effect a change in peoples view on society and wake them up to how corrupt the systems in place are and he just got mocked for it to the point where he basically retired.

His book that launched his foray into politics was ghostwritten

He has never studied any political issue seriously, his analysis was teenage garbage and lowered the debate

And he endorsed Ed fucking Miliband lmao
>>
>>87411069
Phoenix Nights was brilliantly written and acted by everyone in it.
Mention Peter Kay and you're met with GARLIC BREAD?
>>
File: sean lock.png (1MB, 998x877px) Image search: [Google]
sean lock.png
1MB, 998x877px
Cats does Countdown is the best panel show on telly atm. I want to see Sean Lock back this series, last time he was on he looked like fucking Heisenberg
>>
>>87410921
the footlights graduands get on my tits. not individually, but as a fact that consistently some of the top comedians and comic actors in the country went to this private school university, did comedy theatre and became comedians i think is really unfair.

i just think if the actors and comedians are coming from cambridge and harrow, how much diverse comedic storytelling are we really going to see ?

i'm not bitter by any means, but i really think the arts in this country are going backwards.
>>
>>87411069
He stole Phoenix Nights from Vic and Bob and didn't even have the decency to do it better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f5vKZEG8UY
>>
>>87411109
Even if you're not a fan, reading about stuff like making those sketch shows and Peep Show and stuff is really great, but that might just be me, I'm a sucker for behind-the-scenes stuff like that
>>
File: russellbrand.png (187KB, 960x588px) Image search: [Google]
russellbrand.png
187KB, 960x588px
>>87411194
be very afraid.
>>
>>87411271
>i just think if the actors and comedians are coming from cambridge and harrow, how much diverse comedic storytelling are we really going to see ?

Little to none. Media is a middle-class wankfest and it'll die that way.
>>
>>87411194
My problem with him was it was all "Don't vote. Fuck the system. Protest and refuse to vote."
Appeared on any political questioning show and whenever someone asked him for the answer to some of the problems he was bringing up "I'm just a comedian, mate."
>>
>>87403566

God bless you good sir, may no copy of Angels by Robbie Williams go unmolested in your presence. Lamarr era Buzzcocks was toppest tier.
>>
>>87411275
>A lot of people ask 'is Mika Hakkinen from Hong Kong?' He not from Hong Kong. He from Finland
>>
>>87411396
The Question Time episode with him was a hilarious trainwreck.
>>
>>87411220
Rachel Riley and Susie Dent are fucking fit, but surely I can't be the only one who would give Carol Vorderman one?
>>
>>87411620
I'd give Carol more than one
>>
made a live thread for the new Mitchell and Webb show 'Back'

get in here and get comfy

>>87411617
>>87411617
>>87411617
>>87411617
>>87411617
>>87411617
>>
>>87402093
have i got news for you in my opinion has fallen the lowest

ever since they have had a quota of 1 woman minimum on these shows, they are never funny and the other comedians cannot make fun of them
>>
>>87403566
Lamarr is the guy who tells you to kill yourself and means it yet you still laugh cos he's a funny guy and drinks like a fish.
>>
>>87411937
HE'S A 1950s BINMAN
>>
File: give_her_the.jpg (62KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
give_her_the.jpg
62KB, 590x350px
>>87411667
I'd give her two from the bottom and finish off with one from the top
>>
Does anyone listen to Athletico Mince with Bob Mortimer and some other bloke? It used to be fucking ace, not listened for a few months though.
>>
>>87408286
>At least it was vaguely funny when Katherine whatshercunt shut her fucking face.
Ukip needs to get this canuck deported.
>>
>>87408776
He was only ever good when he made jokes about Bristol being backwards and his gammy eye
>>
>>87412004
>I'd give her two from the bottom and finish off with one from the top
kek
>>
>>87412070
Why do so many people hate Katherine Ryan? She's hot as fuck and relatively funny (compared to the alternatives anyway)
>>
>>87405316
>that turd story
Last one with him was disappointing desu. Then again he is getti- climbing up there.
>>
>>87412010
same here, mortimer's a genius
>>
>>87412219
nice tits but weird face (did she have botox or something)
and what a comparison, presumably comparing her to other female comedians who can never shut the fuck up about the fact that they're female
>>
>>87412219
not that guy, and i don't particularly hate her but she has a very annoying voice. she just looks annoying. not nice to say, but she just looks/sounds annoying.

like when you see a bloke and think he has got a punchable face
>>
>>87412269
JAMBON
A
M
B
O
N
>>
>>87402093
they need to have a woman and a minority on every show, and unfortunately the minorities are mostly "asian", so yeah it's a mystery.
>>
>>87412219
>She's hot as fuck
Come again? Man you people in these panel show threads have the worst taste in women. Granted, some of you are english so the cupboard's pretty bare but really? Katherine "annoying voice" "rabbit teeth" "smarmy eyes" "jew nose" "look at me I'm so fake posh ain't it funny" Ryan is hot as fuck? Mate. Rachel Riley is hot as fuck. Katherine Ryan is an average blonde with a really annoying voice. And no I'm not a fan of her comedy either. I wouldn't mind it particularly but she's on fucking everything.
>>
>>87412608
>looking at her face
you what now?
>>
>>87412426
Yeah, basically this.
>>
>>87412690
Who are you quoting?
Also she looks like Madonna in that picture. And is absolutely caked in it.
>>
STOP TALKING ABOUT CANADIAN THINGS, and let's watch the greatest television programme ever made...

Shooting Stars
>>
>>87412426
I'll admit to the voice thing. I can't stand American accents (she's Canadian but I don't hear the difference).

>>87412368
I often hear that. I think she's very attractive and don't think her face is weird at all, but I know I'm the exception there.

>presumably comparing her to other female comedians who can never shut the fuck up about the fact that they're female
I think one of the main reasons I like her more than most female comedians is the fact that she rarely focuses on the fact she's female.

I don't mean to be spiteful, but let's do a test. Name three female comedians who are regulars on panel shows that are more attractive, and funnier than Ryan.
>>
>>87412808
>that are more attractive, and funnier
What? Who fucking cares whether they're attractive? It's a panel show I'm there for the bantz not for fapping
>>
>>87412690
Looks like a rocket with a crude rubber mask on top
>>
>>87403223
>n Jon Richardson
Confirmed pleb
>>
>>87413069
Ayoade is a better Jon Richardson anyway. That and he has a much wider catalog.
>>
File: rr.png (545KB, 667x392px) Image search: [Google]
rr.png
545KB, 667x392px
>>87412690
The top half of her face is completely immobile. Any time she speaks, or emotes in any way, her eyes remain the exact same and her brow never furrows. Her mouth makes a limp laughing motion, but the rest stays motionless.
>>
>>87412886
Because at least you get some eye candy when female comedians are attractive. You're not going to get many laughs or good banter with most of them anyway, and since we're forced to have them on panel shows you might as well have good-looking ones.
>>
>>87413069
>>87413198
Why even compare them? They both have different acts/stage persona. I like Jon's self-deprecation and OCD tendencies, and I love Richard Ayoade's deadpan style and overall awkwardness.
Ayoade is god tier on Big Fat Quiz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrETf-GjeXs
>Sorry, I just made the mistake of genuinely responding to your question
>>
>>87411396
I don't wannarun for election cos i'm scared i'll become like one of 'em m8!
>>
I never really got into Jack Dee's comedy, the whole grumpy act. But then he comes out with absolutely amazing moments like these

Manhole
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU390JYhD5o

Female comedians
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I3qREbKqLw&t=2s
>>
What I don't like about the BBC is how they react to certain "scandals". Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand losing their jobs/contracts for a stupid prank call. Clarkson being fired for hitting a crew member (shitty thing to do of course but still) was a stupid call as well. The BBC basically destroyed one, if not their most popular international shows because of that. I wasn't even massively into Top Gear but I know roughly a billion people worldwide loved it, and now it's gone to shit.
>>
>>87414227
Those two moments make my day every time
I just love it when everyone breaks together crying and laughing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1dqNms-_XA
>>
>>87414587
>The only person who's always with me is my friend, Kevin the bun seller
So fucking good.

Also I know this gets posted a lot but I always piss myself watching this clip of Sean Lock reacting to child acting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfFSxyrCnLk
>>
>>87410820
THICCCCCCCCCCCC
>>
>>87414867
God I fucking hate those kids. And why does it have to be 90% negroes?
>muh adorableness
>>
>>87411620
Carol is a known massive slag and definitely takes it up the back passage, t b h.
>>
>>87414975
That's why I said I'd give her one from the bottom.

>>87414919
I don't live in the UK, but I suppose Mitchell Brook Primary School in Neasden has a big black community.
>>
File: 1489838738789.gif (84KB, 430x319px) Image search: [Google]
1489838738789.gif
84KB, 430x319px
>>87402093
>What the fuck happened to Mock the Week?
Danny Cohen happened.
His tenure as Director of Entertainment did catastrophic damage to the BBC in general that it still hasn't recovered from, and probably won't, since he did it during a time when the Director General's position was incredibly unstable and he had more power than he should have.

He's the one that pushed the quotas and forced out anyone and anything that doesn't align with his personal agenda, and the one to completely neuter the BBC's original programming in favour of endless panel shows, to save costs.
I think Attenborough's material was the only part unaffected, and that's probably only because David could tell him to fuck off.
He's one of the few people I legitimately wish death on.
>>
>>87415113
He quit two years ago though, who replaced him?
>>
>>87415224
Tony Hall is the current Director General, who google tells me is going to "address" the gender pay gap.
How the fuck He's going to do that without revealing it doesn't exist in the sense people think is beyond me.

Kate Phillips is the current head of entertainment, and seems inoffensive enough.
>>
>>87415404
Overpay some mediocre women, I imagine. It's only public money after all, and obviously we the public care more about """fairness""" than getting value.
>>
>>87412219
Watch the american election autopsy
>If you don't agree with me you're sexist
>>
>>87403223
Good job m8, I'd add Brian Cox as well
>>
>>87415113
>>87415404
The real problem was publicly announcing the "at least one woman" rule and the diversity rule. They thought they were doing good by announcing it, fishing for brownie points for being all progressive.
What they should've done was just keep quiet and enforce those rules anyway. A lot less people would've noticed the changes outright. The BBC condemned themselves and their women/minorities by announcing it publicly because now millions of people will see the women/ethnic minorities as token women/asian/black/whatever.
>>
>>87411396
>"Don't vote. Fuck the system. Protest and refuse to vote."
This is entirely correct thing to do

His reasonings were half-baked and moronic though.
>>
>>87415803
Brian Cox is great. I always love it when they get genuinely intelligent people on QI, but it kinda gets on my nerves when the other guests start taking the piss.
Ben Miller was on once, and he explained how telephones work among other stuff and the rest just started loudly yawning and pretending to sleep. I know it's supposed to be comedy, but QI at least should be allowed some actual quite interesting segments
>>
I would fucking ravage Rachel Riley
>>
File: 1502298773671.png (8KB, 509x619px) Image search: [Google]
1502298773671.png
8KB, 509x619px
>>87403704
I liked Linda Smith and Victoria Wood was alright
>>
>>87411990
Never found these cunts funny.

Once saw vic reeves puking outside a london pub though. Good times.
>>
Best thing about Cats does Countdown is the mascot sections, especially Sean Lock's once he abandoned mascots and just uses the time to promote hilarious shit
>Sean's Guide to Smoking
>Countdown Cocktail
>Grocery Coat
>The Tiger Who Came For a Pint
>>
>>87416723
I really like Adam Buxton's youtube comment stuff and Joe Lycett's emails/letters, best dictionary corner guests
>>
>>87416337
>be good
>die
haha
>>
Every single one of our panel shows is shit, moron.

All of them.
>>
>>87418028
What? Even Sue Perkins's Insert Name Here?
>>
>>87403704
>>87418084
>yfw Mel and Sue are going to do The Generation Game
>>
>>87418154
Haha fuck me, is that for real?
>>
>>87402093
I think it was always shit, it just took too long to notice it. The jokes they made were new once.
>>
>>87418246
>On 11 May 2017, it was reported that Mel and Sue were linked to host a reboot for the BBC as part of a package for not staying with The Great British Bake Off after its move to Channel 4.[11] On 23 July 2017, it was confirmed that Mel and Sue would host.[12]
>>
File: ea8.png (483KB, 497x732px) Image search: [Google]
ea8.png
483KB, 497x732px
>>87410583
Christ, that's such a raw thing to hear from Mitchell. I can't imagine how many of us have felt the same way without the ending.
>>
>>87418337
Good I want to see more of them.
>>
>>87416051
>Brian Cox is great.

Back to plebbit
>>
>Education[edit]
Cohen attended a Jewish primary school in north London, followed by the City of London School, an independent school for boys in the City of London.[5] Cohen read English at Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford, from which he graduated with a Double First in English Literature.[5]

Really makes you think...
>>
>>87418419
I want to fuck Sue in the arse and get a blowjob off Mel's pointy teeth.
>>
>>87416890
Adam Buxton's great, really recommend his podcast. Some really good guests like Louis Theroux, Richard Ayoade and Brian Eno but I also just like to listen to him talk on his own when he introduces each episode because he seems like a nice man.
>>
>>87418978
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taUqt_E0aOs
>>
>>87402896
>no more sean lock in normal cats
No reason to watch it ever again with that big toothed fuck on it.
>>
File: 1503806295726.jpg (540KB, 662x652px) Image search: [Google]
1503806295726.jpg
540KB, 662x652px
>>87410820
THANK THE GODS FOR BESSIE
Thread posts: 275
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.