[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone miss day-long media events? Like, OJ's Bronco

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 1501139069867.jpg (19KB, 426x321px) Image search: [Google]
1501139069867.jpg
19KB, 426x321px
Does anyone miss day-long media events? Like, OJ's Bronco chase? Or his trial? Or more recently, Balloon Boy?

It seems like, these days, the only things even sort of like this that happen are terrorist attacks. And we just kinda gloss over them.
>>
>>87400606

you likely weren't alive for either OJ's car chase or his trial.
>>
>>87400606
Closest I got was a car chase a couple weeks ago in LA. The guy was wearing a Kobe jersey and eventually climbed up a crane to hide from police.
he eventually fell but you couldn't see because it was dark by then
>>
>>87400606
TV media isn't an objective source of information anymore, so what would the point be?
>>
>>87400653
I was. Deal with it.

>>87400703
So, are day-long media events streamed on youtube now or something? Also, the point would be as it always was: Ratings.
>>
>>87400606
The news cycle gets faster all the time anon.
The only time we get media snow days anymore is when it is used to burry events that actually matter.
>>
>>87400728
So you're just looking for pointless entertainment, not actual news or informative content.
>>
>>87400841
entertainment>>>>>>>>>>>>>>infotainment (which includes pretty much every major and obscure news company)
>>
Move to LA, we do them all the time here

Baby whales getting stuck in marinas, fires burning up rich people, car chases, celeb overdoses.

The {{{New York}}} media is just shit, feel bad for everyone East of the desert
>>
I think the last thing that I saw nonstop news coverage of, that would be like "event programming", was that joke of a manhunt in Boston for the bomber that was dragged out by the incompetence of BPD.
>>
(((((((((((weather balloon))))))))))))
>>
>>87400886
I would recommend sports then. The olympics is basically a month long media event for the purpose of entertainment.
>>
GEDDOFF GET OFF GET OFF IT
>>
>>87400947
how were they incompetent?
>>
>>87400703

They never were
>>
>>87400841
I don't know what you're inferring from "day-long media event," but it's weird that you think I wanted to watch 8 hours of reporters worried faces as something innocuous happened offscreen... because I wanted news and information.

>>87400791
I didn't want to use the phrase "media snow day" because I thought I'd get harangued for having watched and loving Mission Hill
>>
Watch Mister Metokur's livestreams of "happenings" specifically his San Bernardino one I recall being terrific.
>>
>>87400994

They let two random dumbass kids terrorize an entire town and murder their officers

Seems pretty fucking incompetent.

Protip: don't ever defend the police
>>
>>87401040
>I didn't want to use the phrase "media snow day" because I thought I'd get harangued for having watched and loving Mission Hill
If someone can come up with a better phrase I'll use it.
But mission hill is accepted well enough on /tv/ so I wouldnt worry too much about it.
>>
Much of the news media stopped reporting on things immediately happening if it didn't concern some overarching story that the media was working on.

Another way of thinking of it is that the media doesn't report on things that don't fit their narrative, but it's more that they get obsessed with single subjects and can't see beyond it. If a story doesn't support their views then they won't report on it. So stories about criminals in police car chases or people just doing weird/stupid things don't really get caught by national media the way they used to.
>>
You're never a long wait away from some dark skinned Europeans killing loads of people. Also it wasn't that long ago there was the military coup in Turkey. Watching Turks get run over by tanks in real time was pretty cool.
>>
>>87401102
>They let
Did they? Did they have prior knowledge of the attack?
>>
Reminder Balloon Boy was a media hoax
>>
>>87400947
The Boston bombing could have been news kino if they'd got a helicopter to record the car chase
>>
>>87401273
It was a hoax played on the media.
>>
>>87400606
Fuck yeah balloon boy! Hide n Seek world champ forever until the end of time.
>>
File: athf_led.jpg (54KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
athf_led.jpg
54KB, 500x375px
>>87401201

Protip: Don't ever defend the police

After the bombs went off, the drove around town shooting people and robbing stores. Terrorizing the city. The police stomped through innocent citizens homes because they fucked up and spent the first few hours looking for Osama, thinking they were finally going to be as cool as NYC

They made Boston a police-run city for a few days, trampling civil liberties, all because they sucked at their job.

Don't defend police.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWhUvm8SunY

response from the dude himself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axgyj7g5XZY&spfreload=10
>>
>>87400606
>Or his trial?
I remember being in class when the verdict was read, and all the niggers started chimping out in celebration that a black man got away with double murder.
>>
>>87401362
If you want to make a case of "don't defend the police" then the LA guys randomly shooting two Asian women in a wrong-colored pickup truck while looking for a single black man takes the cake.

Dorner was a media snow day. I forgot that one.
>>
>>87401454
even some jury members admitted they made their verdict not guilty as "revenge" for Rodney King
>>
File: IMG_0267.jpg (20KB, 526x526px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0267.jpg
20KB, 526x526px
>>87400606
Yes.

Now it's just 24-hour coverage of Trump.
>>
>>87401488

THAT WASN'T THE ONLY ONE

THEY SHOT UP TWO DIFFERENT TRUCKS, ON TWO DIFFERENT OCCASIONS

200 bullets fired at regular people who made the criminal mistake of driving early in the morning

lol fuck, the Dorner hysteria was great
>>
What about the nigger who shot thoses cops and got bombed by a EOD bot?
>>
>>87401607
Did that occupy an entire day on CNN? I am legitimately asking, because I only heard about that after-the-fact.

>>87401573
I'm having a sensible chuckle remembering it.
>>
>>87401454
This. Blacks everywhere were overjoyed. They knew he did it. Most of the world knew he did it. The only people who gave him the benefit of the doubt were whites. But if you watched the trial you realized he was guilty as sin.

Blacks don't care about justice the way whites do. For them it's just a tribal conflict. They would rather be brutalized by their own criminal class than be kept safe by whitey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_ToCYhIJAs
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.