[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did people hate this film? It's pretty good for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

Why did people hate this film?

It's pretty good for a monster flick
>>
its not even pretty good

its fantastic
nostalgiafags just hate new things

literally monsterkino
>>
File: cockmongleur.jpg (145KB, 1004x1012px) Image search: [Google]
cockmongleur.jpg
145KB, 1004x1012px
>When He Congs My Dong
>>
File: photo.jpg (33KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
33KB, 900x900px
>>87390935
NOT SO FAST
>>
>>87391032
I don't know what's worse cinemasins "analysis",the director of the film being a whiny bitch on Twitter, or screen junkies ( honest trailers) sucking the dick of the director on a recent video, while dissing cinemasins.
>>
>>87391400
cinemasins is the worst

the director made good points about them being trash although you could tell he was butthurt

screen junkies is meh. their honest trailer was good since it was the director poking fun at himself and they're usually alright. they're not mean spirited usually.

their "panel" shows are absolute dumpster fires tho
>>
>>87391400
The directors rant on twitter was so cathartic though. Cinema Sins is absolute trash and seeing an actual director shit on him was great.
>>
>>87390896
The only thing it did well was hire Larry Fong
>>
>>87391522
post it
>>
>>87391620
its long
https://twitter.com/VogtRoberts/status/897841543809085440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.slashfilm.com%2Feverything-wrong-with-cinema-sins-according-to-kong-skull-island-director-jordan-vogt-roberts%2F
>>
I just think that it's not very professional to whine about random YouTube channel on the internet
>>
File: 0000578-43_634x468.jpg (13KB, 216x291px) Image search: [Google]
0000578-43_634x468.jpg
13KB, 216x291px
>/tv/ tards taking the big bearded numale hippie director's side in embarrassing and cringe meltdown on twitter because some dudes tore his flick apart
pathetic, and the ultimate proof reddit has permanently infested this board, there's no coming back and shit like this is the writing on the wall. cinema sins is silly, but they did nothing wrong here.
>>
>>87391522

Leave redditor
>>
>>87391755
It doesn't affect his movie, so whatever he does in between his job is on his own time
>>
>>87391807
t. cinema ass in
>>
Is there even a more make-believe industry job than a 'youtuber?'
>>
>>87391929
"""""""nu media expressionists"""""""""""
>>
>>87391690
He speaks some truth but wew tweetfags are real autists.
>Posting a rant over 30 tweets.
Doesnt that miss the point of twitter?
One would think he could find a better place to shitpost his rant.
>>
why didnt he let go of the briefcase

was it attached to his hand and i missed it
>>
>>87390896
Ya it was alright, atleast it wasn't another retelling of the original
>>
really? i enjoyed it a lot more than i did with nuGodzilla.

Brie & the chinese girl didn't need to be in the movie though.
>>
>>87390896
I think the word you are looking for is indifferent, hate is a strong emotion. It's hard to feel anything about the film. It was ok n everything but forgettable.
>>
>>87390896
i like it
i dont care what others think of it
>>
>>87390896
It was very forgettable.The only cool thing was the spider. Kong was really shit, even Peter Jackson made Kong a better character
>>
John C Reilly was shit, the rest was alright
>>
>>87393817
Some people hated that movie, I guess that it was more interesting.
>>
>>87391400
>>87391484
>>87391522
It's so obvious that CinemaSins is not meant to be taken 100% seriously, how are you guys this upset over it? They go out of their way to make it clear on several occasions.
>>
>>87394300
Sometimes they are not funny but what annoys me is how some say that they disrespect film criticism.
>>
It went full retard once Sam Jackson reunited with everyone else. It was fine up until that point (except for the shoehorned nigger chink pairing).
>>
>>87390896

It was too boring to finish. Might have been able to get through it if Brie's top was white.
>>
>>87394463
Roberts has some good points but he's also repeatedly saying "IT'S NOT SATIRE". Sure it's pretty bottom of the barrel in terms of creative input but the 'joke' is that they excessively nitpick every bit 'flaw' of a movie.
The fact that they go as far as to call them 'sins' while also having the nitpick of their own series as their youtube page video shows that they're having a laugh. Knowing all this I don't see how anyone can claim that their goal is to provide actual criticism or to spread negativity.
>>
Generic cookie cutter baddies.
>>
>>87394557
We've got a nornie here dude the sin part is in the title of the channel.
The problem is that some people take cinemasins at face value.
>>
>>87394568
>generic movie is mocked on the internet
> Director "muh film criticism" and muh art
>>
>be hipster director
>make a shitty monster movie with no artistic value
>claim it has any depth to it
>shitposting about movies: the channel gets around to making a video about it
>most of their jokes are, typically, taking very minute details and making a big deal out of them without any intention of criticism
>some of their points accurately depict how generic and badly-made the movie is
>watch the video
>realize you have no artistic integrity left
>throw a hissy fit

I genuinely don't see how people assume cinemasins videos are entirely and exclusively criticism. they clearly blend-in several valid criticisms (like the new trend of editing action scenes with 2 cuts a second, or like how the blockbuster oneupsmanship resulted in an industry-wide jumping of the shark) with many more jokes where an autistic persona is disturbed by details most people would ignore. I can understand le beard man for getting mad, he obviously grew up thinking he would make art and ended up making subpar blockbusters with a corporate leash, but the fact that the industry rushed to his support is disgusting. I think it shows that hollywood would rather shut everything down that indicates their steady decline than improve industry standards.
>>
File: 462.jpg (36KB, 640x450px) Image search: [Google]
462.jpg
36KB, 640x450px
>>87390896
>Fighting a big monkey
>It ain't me starts playing
>>
File: Kong Skull Island Eli NO.webm (3MB, 1024x426px) Image search: [Google]
Kong Skull Island Eli NO.webm
3MB, 1024x426px
>>87390896
>the final monster is a gold elite version of the regular enemies
yay
>>
>>87390896
How come you can clearly see the sun when the island is supposed to be permanently wrapped in a storm system?
>>
>>87390896
Felt like the plot was advancing a little too fast.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.