[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"60% of the time, it works every time" actually makes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: every.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
every.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
In the film Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, Brian Fantana is the roving reporter for the Channel 6 News team, and is quite the ladies' man. He is also quite the cologne connoisseur, and in order to attract Veronica Corningstone, he lathers himself in a cologne called "Sex Panther", which is illegal in 9 countries.

After Brian puts it on, however, we learn that it smells like a variety of disgusting things, including pure gasoline, bigfoot's dick, and a used diaper filled with Indian food. The stench is so bad it clears the office, makes women scream, sets off the fire alarm, and Brian has to be hosed down outside the building to maintain the stench. Everyone is disgusted and on the verge of vomiting.

However, if Sex Panther is so vile it causes people within a close radius to almost blow chunks, why is it that Brian can wear the cologne again in a large crowd at the end of the film, and not only have no one vomit, but have a female zoo keeper attracted to the scent?

It's simple. Brian earlier in the film says, "60% of the time, it works every time" in regard to the cologne, and Ron maintains that that doesn't make sense. However, this quote makes sense if you think of the 60% as the percent of all Sex Panthers made. So what Brian means is that 60% of the time it's created, it works every time. Brian could have easily bought another bottle of the cologne after his first disastrous encounter with it, and that bottle could have been part of the good 60%. I guess pieces of real panther can go bad sometimes.

TL;DR 60% of all Sex Panther that is produced, works every time to attract women. The other 40% of production smells like "a turd covered in burnt hair".
>>
I think you may be overthinking this a bit.
>>
>>87388778
I dunno.
>>
>say 66% of the time it works every time
>include a second scene of it failing, perhaps when Ron attempts to win back Veronica
>have the final scene of it working in the zoo
Comedy works in threes.
>>
>>87388778
Personally I think he's underthinking this a lot.
>>
>>87390977
And I think he's thinking about this just the right amount.
>>
>>87388753
I'm really glad I read this post, thanks anon!
>>
>>87391895
You're welcome.
>>
Big if true
>>
No.

He is saying that 60% of the time he puts the cologne on, that every woman he approaches fucks him.

Lets say he approaches 10 women every night when he goes out.

4 out of 10 times he equips sex panther, at least one woman will refuse him.

6 out of 10 times, there will be no women that refuse him.
>>
>>87393239
That would be true if he said "It works 60% of the time."
>>
>>87393269
No, if that was true he’d get 6/10 women per night rather than 6/10 nights with a full house.
>>
You copy and pasted this from reddit, didn't you?
>>
Indeed.
>>
Right in the pooper, anon!!
>>
>>87391654
You WOULD think that though, wouldn't ya?
>>
File: gallery_movies-anchorman-12.jpg (73KB, 980x653px) Image search: [Google]
gallery_movies-anchorman-12.jpg
73KB, 980x653px
"I'm not prepared."

Damn, Anchorman is one of my favorite comedies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c_ufaxeSTs
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.