[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A lot of people (including myself) have shitted on the prequels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

A lot of people (including myself) have shitted on the prequels and now on the sequels of Star Wars, "it's not the same", "they're shit", "they are now putting minorities just for the 'muh diversity'", etc, etc.

I gave the original trilogy another watch after years of not watching it, and... I can only ask this question:

Was Star Wars ever good to begin with?

The movies have a lot of plot holes and illogical attitudes from the characters, and to be honest I came with this conclusion: Star Wars was a success just for their revolution in special effects, but that's it. Everyone complaining about the prequels and sequels are ignoring that the OT wasn't good to begin with; that's why no matter how much practial effects you put, how good directors you get or how much '''effort""" they put on the story; the new Star Wars movies don't have the same impact because the thing that made it popular (its special effects) are dated in this period of time.

So, don't expect another "good" Star Wars movie, because, sadly, but true, it's NEVER going to happen
>>
>>87374433
Nostalgia is a hell of a drug
>>
The original 3 movies were good. They were solid "fantasy in space" adventure films.
>>
>>87374433
Vader made the movies
>>
The first Star Wars was lightening in a bottle. Right story, right actors, right time. It was the perfect escapist space fantasy for a generation of young suburban Americans feeling disillusioned and wanting more from life.

It was definitely B-Movie stuff, but it had a lot of heart. What made it so popular wasn't the effects, it was the people behind it.

Nobody will ever recreate that magic, even by RotJ it was starting to fade.
>>
Star Wars is great until you're like 11
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.