[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Disney pay the "critics"? >inb4 DCuck I hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: screenshot.png (189KB, 758x315px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
189KB, 758x315px
Does Disney pay the "critics"?

>inb4 DCuck

I hate MCU and DCEU equally.
>>
>>87369717
they don't have to they use memetics and mass advertising, if you don't like their movies you're a leper.
>>
>>87369717
>Does Disney pay the "critics"?
yeah, go look at Iron Fist, 100% fresh
>>
>>87369717
I think it's more the case of the fandom holding "critics" and their sites hostage. Nobody wants to give a Marlel movie a bad review because that would enrage the weponized autism that are the MCU fans
>>
>>87369891
Or Inhumans, that's getting great reviews
>>
>>87369891
>>87370737

A huge chunk of Marvel's revenue comes from the MCU, so why would they bother with some TV shows?
>>
No Disney doesn't pay critics.
They have though found a formula where they can make mediocre movies that plays well to critical reviews.

Disney movies aren't good. But they are able to polish a turd to a shine, where DC just shit everywhere and then cry why people don't like being shit on.
>>
>>87370853
Shhh be quiet
>>
No these cape shit blockbusters are reviewed on the same scale as ign video game reviews.
>>
>>87369717
Evidently not enough
>>
>>87369717
No, Marvel has a good formula going that works for the masses and critics, so they are clearly staying with that.
>>
File: AoU review.png (17KB, 732x103px) Image search: [Google]
AoU review.png
17KB, 732x103px
>>87369717
>>
>>87369717
No, but what Marvel is impeccably good at is making movies that, in essence, game the Rotten Tomatoes system. Not in a nefarious or underhanded way, but they are good at making movies that are just unoffensive and bland enough that critics can't necessarily call them bad, and any passable review counts a positive on the tomatometer system. If you look at any of their movies, they're usually only rated 6-7/10, but will have a >90% approval rating because the rubric is fucking retarded.

I honestly can't think of an MCU movie that is horrendously bad, they don't have a Fant4stic, but they are all consistently bland and boring. To me that's worse, honestly. I'd rather watch a spectacular failure try and go out in a blaze of glory than keep handing handing money to Hollywood's C student.
>>
File: 416x416.jpg (20KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
416x416.jpg
20KB, 416x416px
>>87370853

Because Marvel TV is literally draining Disney's budget especially with Ike the Kike taking 60% of production cost and revenue for himself.
>>
Yeah, they kiss critic ass all the time.

The way it works is you'll throw big lavish screening parties for critics and bloggers, gift bags, food, drinks, rubbing elbows with the stars, shit like that. You give great reviews and you start to get interviews, set visits, get invited to the exclusive parties at Comic Con. You trash the movie and you don't get invited back to a screening
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.