[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good documentaries on Big Foot? >in b4 "b-but Sasquatch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 37

File: bigfoot_skullc.jpg (49KB, 390x355px) Image search: [Google]
bigfoot_skullc.jpg
49KB, 390x355px
Any good documentaries on Big Foot?

>in b4 "b-but Sasquatch can't into REAL!"

Then you have ten seconds to explain the more than 400 sightings of Bigfoot in America alone since its founding.
>>
File: tbg.png (72KB, 797x603px) Image search: [Google]
tbg.png
72KB, 797x603px
>>87364818
Told you already, read The Nature of the Beast
>>
File: tbg2.png (33KB, 801x245px) Image search: [Google]
tbg2.png
33KB, 801x245px
>>87365706
it's /tv/-approved
>>
>>87364818
I've seen it, so make that 401.
>>
>>87364818
Pretty sure over the course of two hundred odd years you would get 400 or so drunks and liars.
>>
>>87365785
you are retarded and were on drugs

down to 400 unexplained one again
>>
I wonder if there's any real animals that have only been seen 400 times in over 2 centuries
>>
>>87365901
Nah mate, he's telling the truth. I saw >>87365785 see it.
>>
>>87364818
all are either conmenor people who mistook a bear for a apeman.
>>
>>87365942
the giant squid maybe
>>
>>87365942
well there has been real cryptids that became fact like the giant squid
>>
>>87365942
Lots of ocean creatures. Not sure about land animals though.
>>
>>87365978
for fuck's sake, just like that it's one of the most polarizing and complicated cases in field history now
>>
>>87364818

Beastie boys
>>
>>87366093
>Globster
kek
>>
Bigfoot (1997) is /comfy/
>>
>>87365942
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/08/saki-vanzolini-monkey-amazon-rainforest-video-spd/
Not exactly the same thing but I instantly thought about it because I read about it recently.
>>
File: 1447782541797.jpg (65KB, 500x598px) Image search: [Google]
1447782541797.jpg
65KB, 500x598px
>>87364818
Told you yesterday to watch the Les Stroud stuff. Did you get on that?
>>
>>87365942
the snow leopard should easily fit this condition since he lives very isolated and is very, very raw
>>
>>87365706
>lived deep in the forest
>a few miles from the small town
Pick one or the other.
>>
>>87366184
Spooky, init?
>>
>>87364818
You just need to know that they eat barries and mushrooms you fool
>>
>>87366264
>main focus is proving the Patterson footage is real

it is comfy, though, I liked the dude who played drums in the forest

>>87366337
don't blame me, I ain't the science dude who wrote it
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 191x263px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 191x263px
>>87364818
Check out the missing 411 interviews and podcast

Shit is terrifying and even worse than Bigfoot, even though some think that may be involved somehow
>>
>>87366337
What, cause having a town right next to a deep forest has never happened?
>>
>>87364818
The Mysterious Monsters
The Legend of Boggy Creek
Sasquatch: The Legend of Bigfoot
Manbeast! Myth or Monster?
Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science
>>
File: aNNEG3r.png (155KB, 310x309px) Image search: [Google]
aNNEG3r.png
155KB, 310x309px
>>87364818
>>
>>87364818
>being a kid and watching a 2 hour special on bigfoot, UFOs, or ancient tombs
>actually thinking they might find anything

what fools we all were
>>
>>87365942
We have a supposedly true photo of a 50 foot python in Africa.
>>
>>87366401
literally an ARG creepypasta for middle-aged people, don't buy into it

taking a shot every time DP says "this is where things get interesting/strange" or "just think about that for a minute/second" is a fun drinking game though
>>
>>87366401
which one?
youtube and google show to many results
>>
>>87366494
coming conveniently with shit quality, without any details and hokey story
>>
File: file.png (510KB, 800x457px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
510KB, 800x457px
>>87366334
>is very, very raw
C'MERE YOU
>>
>>87365942
theres been sightings of the tazmanian tiger recently
>>
>>87366580
I said supposedly, calm down.
>>
File: kek.jpg (36KB, 400x460px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
36KB, 400x460px
>>87366615
holy shit kek
>>
>>87366401
>people dying in the woods is enough to spark conspiracy theories
For fuck's sake, do these people have no idea how easy it is to freak out and lose your way or hurt yourself in the woods, or how hard it is to search through them for a body? I swear everyone who thinks something weird must be going on must be really sheltered suburbanites whose only experience is that they once walked an hour along a trail.
Hell, there are people dying in cities without their bodies being found for months or even years. There's literally nothing mysterious about bodies not being found when someone wanders off to die in the great outdoors.
>>
>>87366632
You're supposedly a giant faggot.
>>
>>87366570
This is a good start

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb7TZhwdgoo
>>
>>87366709
>2 year olds walking several miles uphill within minutes dying, then folding their fucking clothes isn't weird

You haven't read any of this have you
>>
>>87366803
Looked it up. There is a video and a zoo holding one in Indonesia, so the one in Africa isn't really that unbelievable.
>>
>>87366809
>voice that sounds as if he is about to drown in his own spit and snot
seems about rite
but still thanks
>>
>>87366709
>people dying in the woods is enough to spark conspiracy theories

No, it's about the creepy shit surrounding their disappearances, their last phonecalls, witness reports and stuff like that.

I don't even believe there's much to it to be honest, but when one thinks the "people die in the woods all the time" meme explains everything, they're simply not familiar with the subject.
>>
>>87365706
for you
>>
>>87366632
I'm calm. also, >>87366803 isn't me.

>>87366906
it's all just viral stuff, mate, there are no confirmed 30ft plus snakes on record. at the moment.
>>
>>87365942
there are....
>>
>>87366888
>>87366967
If that case is actually true and not a bunch of hogwash(just like most of the weird "facts" from the Dyatlov Pass incident, for example) then it's one case of abduction or negligence by whoever was looking after the kid, added to a long list of normal shit to make it spooky. A kid walking impossible distances is weird, but a family not paying attention and then lying about "I only turned my back for a second!" happens depressingly often, especially when the worst actually happens and they might face criminal charges for being shitty custodians. I mean, we definitely know of at least one serial killer who worked and killed in Yellowstone, but that's not weird enough for these people. They feel the need to link together a whole bunch of disappearances that have nothing in common except the guy linking them thinks they're all spooky in one way or another. Sometimes it's phonecalls, sometimes it's "impossible" travel times, sometimes it's just the family saying they'd never lose their way in the woods or they were acting in some way that the family wouldn't have even thought about if the person hadn't disappeared etc. etc.

It's fucking disrespectful to try and make money off of these people's deaths by writing bullshit books and movies about a dangerous place like national parks.
>>
>>87365942
Barrel eyed fish has only been caught on film once. Most sightings are of its washed up corpse. Bigfoot is bill shot though.
>>
>>87367953
That's the problem for big foot.
Lack of bodies/bones.
Ever.

Animal bodies are rare, but they are found. In the 200+ years of Western colonization of the Pacific NW, no one has ever found a Bigfoot bone?
>>
>>87368095
You act like finding corpses are easy.

Go out in the woods and see how many animal bones/bodies you find.

It's nowhere near as common as you think -- not that I'm saying Bigfoot's lack of evidence is excusable.
>>
>>87364818
They're all lies, hoaxes, or mistakes. Every single one.
You ever notice how sightings of Bigfoot, aliens, the Loch Ness monster, etc., all pretty much ended the moment cell phone cameras were invented?
>I saw Bigfoot!
>>Oh yeah? Where's your cell phone footage?
>uh uh uh

It's all bullshit. All of it.
>>
>>87368178
>You act like finding corpses are easy.
I literally just said that they are rare.
>>
>>87368264
Unironically this
>>
File: bf.jpg (75KB, 555x302px) Image search: [Google]
bf.jpg
75KB, 555x302px
>>
File: 1504202870516.png (435KB, 795x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1504202870516.png
435KB, 795x1022px
>>87368442
>>
File: Sad88.jpg (137KB, 512x722px) Image search: [Google]
Sad88.jpg
137KB, 512x722px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_of_the_Hole
This guy is hiding in the fucking Amazon rainforest and definitely doesn't want to be found, but we STILL have sightings of him and find remains left behind by him.

For Bigfoot not to be bullshit it'd have to be a lone specimen that has the brain capacity to be a million times better at staying hidden than a human, despite being in a much more accessible area than the human AND being actively hunted by way more people.

>tfw this man might never tell anyone the name of his tribe or pass on their legends and history
>tfw he's the last of a long line and once he dies his people will be truly gone from the Earth with no-one left to remember them
>tfw he's probably huddled in his camp right now, just trying to survive another day in a world he believes populated entirely by hostiles
>>
>>87368870
what the fuck, this sounds so made up.

the

>31-square-mile [8,029 hectare] area around him off-limits to trespassing and development.

part makes me think it's the government covering up something tbqhwy
>>
File: Is This Nigga Serious.jpg (205KB, 542x582px) Image search: [Google]
Is This Nigga Serious.jpg
205KB, 542x582px
>>87369168
>can't believe something extraordinary but documented, instead thinks it's some stupid conspiracy
>reddit spacing while doing it
I hope you're just pretending to be retarded, mate.
>>
>>87368870
>Actively hunted by way more people
No one actually looks for big foot
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (318KB, 1695x2158px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
318KB, 1695x2158px
>>87364818
Willow Creek was actually a really good movie, and semi-documentary. The people interviewed in the first half of the film are actual figures in the Bigfoot enthusiast community. The second half of the film does a decent job of simulating actual Sasquatch behavior right up until the end. Bobcat Goldthwait is a decent director and has a good grasp of Bigfoot lore.
>>
>>87370105
>blair witch wannabe #627

it's crap, no one would remember it if it wasn't a bobcat project
>>
>>87370105
>>87370406

Just having Bobcat write and direct it makes me wanna take a look
>>
>>87369672
There's documentaries released literally every year about people trying to prove its existence.
>>
>>87368870
>>87369405
>reddit spaces
>bitches about reddot spacing

you OK m8
>>
>>87370105
>>87370475
I liked this movie and found the tension in it some of the most intense I've ever experienced in a film. However, the implications of the ending and the quick jump to The Red Hot Chili Peppers rocking out at the credits completely ruined it for me and I cannot recommend it to anyone because of this.

Also, it's not a documentary.
>>
>>87370505
Using paragraphs is not reddit-spacing, you fool.
>>
Big Foot is as real as the loch ness monster, sea lizards and chupacabra, furthermore i consider that carthage must be destroyed
>>
>>87366401
Bought the first two volumes for my boy friend after he made me listen to some Paulides on Coast to Coast AM. I enjoyed the heck out of them, would never go camping in the woods alone now/10.
>>87366511
>taking a shot every time DP says "this is where things get interesting/strange" or "just think about that for a minute/second" is a fun drinking game though
But yeah, you would get hammered quick

Has anyone seen the movie yet?
>>
>>87366401
Someone explain this shit to me because initially I thought it was about people who disappeared under mysterious circumstances, then I dig deeper into reviews and it's "supposedly" all explained away with Bigfoot might've done it
>>
>>87364818
don't mind me shilling for ralph again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikHBtzay1lY
>>
>>87370487
>He thinks people leave their back yard to prove an ape is in the woods
>>
what is the most craziest shit you have ever heard about Big Foot?
Mine is that he uses magical crystals to travel to different dimensions which is why nobody can find him
>>
>>87364818
Anecdotal arguments in lieu of physical evidence is generally speaking, a hallmark of total bullshit.
>>
>>87368870
>but we STILL have sightings of him
We still have sightings of Bigfoot
>and find remains left behind by him
People still find tracks and traces of Bigfoot

>a million times better at staying hidden than a human
Think of all the things an adult human knows. All the shit you learned in school. All the information from reading online articles. All the pop culture errata in your head from watching TV and movies. The average western home has over 10,000 objects in it, and you probably know where most of yours are, as well as their functions. All the knowledge you have about your profession, or the things you know to do your job.

Now imagine instead of any of that, you spent your entire life up until now learning how to stalk game and stay hidden in the woods. By now you would be incredibly good at it. And you don't even have the physical adaptations for it that Sasquatch do.

>despite being in a much more accessible area
They generally sleep at high altitudes during the day and hunt in forested valleys and hillsides at night. Their lifestyle is not easy or accessible for humans.

The Bili Ape is about the size of a chimp, lives in large groups, but wasn't discovered until 2004. Gorillas were considered tall tales for almost a hundred years after Europeans first began encountering them during the colonial era.

This is a good talk on how this is possible:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtSGINL0VBU
Dr. Nekaris a cute

>>87369672
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyJAeyzN5V0
>>
Not sure if /pol/ or /x/ is worse.

at least /pol/ is based somewhat loosely in reality?
>>
File: 1496436614387.jpg (50KB, 960x516px) Image search: [Google]
1496436614387.jpg
50KB, 960x516px
>>87371619
>at least /pol/ is based somewhat loosely in reality?
>>
>>87364818
>Then you have ten seconds to explain the more than 400 sightings of Bigfoot in America alone since its founding.

They didn't see Bigfoot.
>>
>>87369672
At least thousands of Americans hunt for Bigfoot both as a hobby and as a profession.
>>
>>87370105
Great tension except using generic lion roars at the end for their sasquatch sounds nearly ruined it for me.

So did the couple getting lost. The guy was competent enough to get them to the right place on the way in but suddenly he's a bumbling retard on the way out. They could have had the same effect if the Bigfoot clan had scared them into running blindly into the woods out of their tent in order to make them lost. Just having them get lost in the full daylight when they got there just fine on the way in is weak writing.
>>
File: serveimage-1.jpg (17KB, 460x305px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage-1.jpg
17KB, 460x305px
>>87371619
The true redpill is when you find out that just like blacks, liberals are in denial about how dangerous Sasquatch really are, and Sasquatch themselves are racist.
>>
>>87371357
>Now imagine instead of any of that, you spent your entire life up until now teetering on the brink of malnutrition and trying not to die from exposure because you still cannot into fire
The human brain is literally only possible because we became social tool using carnivores. You can't support such an energy intensive brain when you spend all day foraging for acorns and grass.
>>
>>87371357
>We still have sightings of Bigfoot
Prove it.

>People still find tracks and traces of Bigfoot
Prove it.

>Now imagine instead of any of that, you spent your entire life up until now learning how to stalk game and stay hidden in the woods.
Kind of like a random tribesman who literally lives in the fucking jungle right?

>The Bili Ape is about the size of a chimp, lives in large groups, but wasn't discovered until 2004. Gorillas were considered tall tales for almost a hundred years after Europeans first began encountering them during the colonial era.
Which is pretty irrelevant since those arne't in the Pacific Northwest.
>>
>>87366334
>Snow Leopard
Dude, they have one at the fucking zoo where I live.
>>
>>87364818
Since all other anons are a bunch of fags I'll give you one guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGf9tM9SF7Q&t=3s
His videos are interesting mixing with belief and skepticism together.
>>
>>87372044
BASED SASQUATCH MAN
HE'S A SASQUATCH AND HES BASED
>>
>>87371619
>who is worse
faggots like you that can´t go 5 seconds without screaming about /pol/
>>
>>87372159
>>Prove it.
I'm not him, but there are still reported sightings of Bigfoot every year. That doesn't prove Bigfoot exists of course.

Also reports are made in every state except Hawaii. Not just the Pacific Northwest.
>>
>>87372327
does /x/ validated inane positions via imagined response?
>>
>>87364818
Not a documentary, but check out Bobcat Goldthwait's movie Willow Creek, it's Blair Witch Project with Bigfoot. (He's a believer)
>>
>>87371357
>People still find tracks and traces of Bigfoot
The difference is that with the Hole Man we've got good footage of both him AND his former camps. All the people who sight bigfoot conveniently don't have a good recording device on them and the tracks and traces of it are AT BEST some dodgy footprint or some bear-fur stuck to a branch.
>Now imagine instead of any of that, you spent your entire life up until now learning how to stalk game and stay hidden in the woods.
You're describing the hole man, you goddamn idiot. That's why I brought him up in the first place.

And the reason why Gorillas and the Bili Ape were hard to find is because they live in areas that during colonial times was practically a death-sentence for white people and in the Bili Ape's case it was in a wartorn area filled with guerillas, and the discovery only counted if it was white people doing the discovery. No matter what you want to believe North America is not as hard or dangerous to make your way through as a jungle, and as a result it's much easier to find shit in those woods.
>>
>>87371995
Yeah the "final day" sequence was where it went from good to nonsense, which is what happens in a lot of horror films really. Once the encounters with the monster/ghost/evil child/etc start turning dangerous the stories tend to fall apart.

The nighttime tent sequence was great, though. That's very much how you would expect Sasquatch to behave
>surrounding their quarry at a distance
>closing in from all sides
>using wood knocks and calls to coordinate their approach
>running away quickly when startled, then returning

The roaring wasn't actually that unrealistic. Along with typical primate whoops and screams, Sasquatch make a wide variety of sounds, and their vocalizations ill vary from group to group. The only issue I had with their calls is that they should have been louder. You could tell it was just actors yelling at the top of their lungs. It would have been great if Goldthwait had played some actual Sasquatch recordings through one of those bullhorns you can load up with mp3s.

>>87372110
>You can't support such an energy intensive brain when you spend all day foraging for acorns and grass.
And they don't. They're social hunters. They migrate to follow game and avoid overpredation. They set up sophisticated ambushes requiring a social hierarchy. They're accomplished mimics and can imitate many animal calls.

The average adult requires about 30 kilocalories a day. About half the nutritional requirements of a Grizzly Bear. Like the grizzly their diet is almost entirely meat.

>>87372401
The typical debunker conversation goes like this
>how can it exist if there's no evidence
>well that's not real evidence
Repeat for as many iterations as necessary.
>>
>>87372401
>Also reports are made in every state except Hawaii. Not just the Pacific Northwest.

Which makes them more unbelievable, since it then implies the species is not merely native to a specific isolated area of the United States but is instead a broad spanning population across the entire country which makes the likelihood of continued concealment in one of the most populous and explored nations on Earth even sillier.

"Reported sightings" are utterly meaningless.
>>
>>87372440
No you just get cursed by warlocks and you'll never have sex.
>>
The red pill that Bigfoot believes don't want to take is that what people see and remember is incredibly weak evidence. We like to believe what we see and remember is the truth.
But that's not true at all.
We don't see the truth and don't remember it right.
Eyewitnesses are total bullshit
>>
>>87365942
BTFO
>>
>>87373583
I didn't say I believe. I merely pointed out that sightings are still reported.
>>
>>87373800
Yes and it has to be proven that they were sightings of Bigfoot.
>>
>>87373820
People have been seeing shit forever.
Africa reports all the time to having seen demons and magical shit
But they're wrong because they're uneducated savages
Same as most Americans
>>
>>87365760
Uhhhhh that's not allowed
>>
>>87372791
Hole Man is a human, and so can be tracked by humans. Sasquatch are much better hunters than humans, and they have much different lifestyle. They cover ground much quicker, they move easily through terrain humans have a hard time navigating, and they're much better climbers.

Even so there are a lot of home vids of Sasquatch on YouTube. Some of them aren't fakes.

>North America is not as hard or dangerous to make your way through as a jungle, and as a result it's much easier to find shit in those woods.
This is exactly what I expect someone who spends little time outdoors to say. Our forests are full of dense brush and impassible terrain. They're also full of natural hazards you'd be a fool to not take seriously. I have been stalked by a mountain lion, have had confrontations with aggressive coyotes, and almost been killed by a rattlesnake. And this was in my suburb.

As for finding shit in the woods, in my state there are an estimated 20,000 brown bears. This is double the number anyone believed, before the Park Service invented a new survey technique. Yet I don't know anyone who knows anyone who's seen a bear. Bear remains are also notoriously absent from the forest floor. It's practically a meme. And bears are stupid animals that aren't putting a lot of energy into evading people.
>>
File: 585386_orig.jpg (92KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
585386_orig.jpg
92KB, 700x400px
>>87364818
Watch Finding Bigfoot.

Despite weak methodology they pretty much disprove it's existence. It's gotta be bears and people.
>>
>watch that shitty Finding Bigfoot show every once in a while
>the guys on the show are "experts" and somehow know what a bigfoot looks like, sounds like, and acts like
>they all claim to have seen one multiple times as well
>despite this, they never get a single shred of evidence for it and have no pictures or videos of a bigfoot existing
Is there a worse show in existence? Every episode I've seen is just a bunch of inbreeds in the woods making "squatch calls" and then claiming every sound of a stick breaking or owl hooting is a sasquatch shitting in the woods.
Then it's made even worse when they have a resident """"""skeptic"""""" that offers an extremely flimsy counter argument then is immediately convinced that she's wrong when they hear a bush rustle.
Also the acting is fucking atrocious.
>>
>>87374082
>>87374141
Lol
>>
>>87373991
>Some of them aren't fakes
Which ones?
>>
File: BillMurray.jpg (3KB, 101x126px) Image search: [Google]
BillMurray.jpg
3KB, 101x126px
>>87374141
this is the best description of this stupid show.
>>
>>87374082
Destination Truth is the best monster hunting show to be quite genuinely frank and honest.

They just go out and find nothing and then at the end the host is like, "Well we didn't find anything, but maybe this creature exists more as an idea, an impassable myth handed down generation to generation within the culture here. The actions and customs of the people hear revolve around a belief that the creature exists, and in some way perhaps that makes it real in the way that most matters"

All the monster hunter shows where they dick around and bullshit you are really only good for comedic value.
>>
>>87374082
they need to do a cross episode with the ghost adventures crew.
>>
>>87373675
Memory isn't perfect but it's perfectly serviceable. In your daily life you take your memory for granted, and it's reliable enough for you to navigate your environment, maintain relationships, and function in your job.
>>
>>87374141
Are you claiming that Bobo is just making bacon so that he can eat it himself? He's seen some shit man ok sure theirs not one shred of proof bu tI believe him
>>
File: 081.gif (2MB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
081.gif
2MB, 320x287px
>>87364818
Are there footprints, scat, marks, trails, fur, bone, or other forms of physical evidence for the existence of the sasquatch?
>inb4 muh cryptids and giant squid
well they live in the ocean, and rarely leave any of the many forms of evidence described above.
Also, we don't live in the ocean, so of course it took us a long fucking time to find them.

Well, regardless of that, I'm sorry but there aren't any good "documentaries" on the squatch. There's shows like finding bigfoot, but every single episode relies on eyewitness accounts, which are unreliable as fuck.

Just go watch Harry and the fucking Hendersons, it's about as real as anything you'll get on bigfoot.
>>
File: sailor.jpg (66KB, 561x679px) Image search: [Google]
sailor.jpg
66KB, 561x679px
>>87364818
>be me
>request police to give me all files on bigfoot
>they actually do it

I might do UFO's next.

Proof is here, type bigfoot into the search bar and you'll see the request I made.

http://open.canada.ca/en/search/ati
>>
>>87374230
These four off the top off my head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ySYgMDL5mA there are other versions with sound, but they also have stupid dramatic music, and there isn't much to hear except shouting Russians and engine noise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RKLP34FIEk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYz9L_jl-0Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOcoW1zgnKQ
>>
File: fueQbRT.png (155KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
fueQbRT.png
155KB, 500x270px
>>87375232
>canada
>bigfoot
Turns out it was just some greasy caveman living in the woods.
>>
>>87374411
>navigate your environment, maintain relationships, and function in your job.
For a lot of people, this isn't even true.

The moment something falls into the past. Give it 10 years. And it may as well be fucking fantasy.
Look how many marriages fall apart over small things. If memory was accurate, then if they once loved each other, they always would
>>
>>87375028
The Billi Ape is a chimp relative that wasn't discovered until 2004. And there are two subspecies of them.

Don't post that argument again until you've watched this and can meaningfully it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtSGINL0VBU
>>
File: 1503665084467.jpg (39KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
1503665084467.jpg
39KB, 665x574px
>>87376668
>and can meaningfully it.
Then who was phone?
>>
>>87376668
>discovered until 2004
Wrong
What you mean to say is "Not know to be separate until 2004"
We've known about chimps in that region for decades.
It's only until 2004 people looked real real close and saw that they were so different enough to warrant a subspecies

It wasn't like "This jungle has ZERO apes" and then in 2004 people were like "Holy shit this jungle is FULL of apes"

It was about acknowledging a separate subspecies. Not finding them for the first time ever.
It's like if Big Foot turned out to be a kind of Seattle hippie who never shaved
>>
>>87374141
It's a fascinating character piece. I like when Moneymaker gets visibly angry at Renee for questioning his logic. It's not acting, they can't act.
>>
>>87376346
I have diary entries about things I did twenty years ago, and when I read them they square with my recollections. If you've ever been to a family reunion and seen relatives talk about old times, most of their memories will square up, disagreements aren't common, and usually over details. Not the larger narrative of events.

This idea that memory is so unreliable as to be useless is a meme only trotted out when something paranormal needs to be explained away. You never have to employ this argument in any other arena of human experience. Because it's bullshit.
>>
>>87376753
*refute
Bigfoot was phone
>>
>>87376895
Writing something down solidifies memories
Diaries are great tools for recollection, not just because you have past truths, but because the act of writing makes you remember it later.

Also, you think just because you wrote it down after means it's true? Seeing something is often bullshit.
Look up how much our brains edit what we see. We fucking see upside down if there was no brain editing. But there is, and there's a lot.

There are two fuck up points for "eye witnesses"
The fact that memories are fallible as hell, and also that we never really see the truth as it happens.
>>
>>87376895
>is a meme only trotted out when something paranormal needs to be explained away.
Or, you know, in a court of law. But keep on thinking there's a conspiracy against muh invisible magic woodland gorilla that has never left any physical evidence despite every retard in the woods claiming to have seen one.
Your like a flat earther claiming that trigonometry is a reptillian conspiracy to make sure the masses dont get woke.
>>
>>87376777
This is untrue. In fact there had been an exhaustive search in 2001 that failed. The Bili ape populations were the subject of local rumors, but unknown to primatology until 2004. The first scientist to ever see one was Shelly Williams in that year.

You are misrepresenting facts to support a biased argument.
>>
>>87377377
>In fact there had been an exhaustive search in 2001 that failed.
Wrong
Stop misrepresenting the facts
They saw apes.
But did not report that they were separate from Pan troglodytes.

No one sees a hairy 10ft biped and says "Oh that's just a normal thing to see"
>>
>>87377059
"The victim's testimony is invalid because human memory is unreliable" is an argument that will get you nowhere in a court of law.

I don't think there's a conspiracy. I just think the active disbelief is very similar to a religious conviction, and shored up with the same sorts of fallacious arguments.
>>
>>87377544
I won't accuse you of lying, but this is categorically untrue.
>>
>>87374141
Anybody watch mountain monsters? It's basically this, but they hunt all sorts of made up bullshit and they all look like morbidly obese duck dynasty rejects. Also they constantly make these really complex traps that never trap anything. Pretty fucking funny, plus they're always armed to the teeth and sometimes fire randomly into the woods. It's probably acting but I like to imagine that the producers strap interns with a bulletproof vest and send them into the woods to fuck with the cast
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOZpuSqS6aw

Seventies and Bigfoot kino
>>
>>87377567
You're a moron. Every time there is eye witness testimony the other side will deposition someone to explain why eye witness testimony is dog shit without corroborating evidence.
It's called fucking hearsay.
>>
>>87368095
>>87367953
Unless they're advanced enough to have burial/funerary behaviors. If they dispose of their dead, we'd never find them.
>>
>>87378743
Not true
The soil turns up over centuries

And even if not, we can see dug graves clearly than undisturbed shit
>>
>>87377059
>trigonometry is a reptilian conspiracy
At last I truly see
>>
File: 1422137621855.jpg (41KB, 429x377px) Image search: [Google]
1422137621855.jpg
41KB, 429x377px
>Just a hairy ass man living in the woods
Why does American folklore suck so fucking bad? Other countries have mythical beings and weird otherworldly creatures. America has a hairy faggot.
>>
>>87373087
30 kcal = half an egg
>>
>>87379058
>England
>beautiful people who steal babies
>Scandi
>ugly people who break things and fight gods
>>
>>87366443
Ricky and Julian beat the shit out of each other with baseball bats.
>>
>>87364818

pic related is a typical shitty Happy Madison movie, but it's about trying to save some shitty cable access show by tracking Big Foot and when they finally find him he just looks at them in surprise and then they shoot him. They then try to make it look a like a suicide by "finding" him after he has hung himself, even though they did nothing to hide the bullet holes.

I have never laughed so hard an an excruciatingly bad movie.
>>
File: 51oR3MUx9AL.jpg (48KB, 352x500px) Image search: [Google]
51oR3MUx9AL.jpg
48KB, 352x500px
>>87379831
and my dumb ass forgot the picture.
>>
>>87368264
I don't know how to use my cellphone camera
>>
>>87379058
It was invented by the injuns so clearly it's the fault of redskins
>>
>>87370894
That's the implication I'm getting, but he also says it could be just some crazy mountain man
>>
>>87379873
>>87379831
Justin Long needs to do more Sasqino.
>>
>>87378254
dude, you don't know the half of it.

In Mountain Monsters, we currently have had:

>psychic bigfoots that possess people
>Indian ghosts
>following 100-year-old riddles to assemble an "Indian ax" that will stop a Bigfoot and his 7 Bigfoot henchmen from taking over the world
>moonshine-producing mafia making deals with Bigfoot to use his forest in exchange for payments of whiskey
>rogue bigfoot-hunting squads that set up elaborate Rob Zombie-esque torture sheds and they also all wear clown masks
>indian ghosts giving the team messages telling them to find "ancient" (plastic) artifacts like "The Blood Skull"

And this has all been filmed. It amazes me that they still have the gall to shoot this in documentary style. It's fucking insane.

Pic Fucking Related.
>>
hm, 400 people couldn't possibly lie for attention or money or be delusional
>>
>>87381050
this move is great and is the story of 4chan or at least the story that everyone envisions about themselves
>>
>>87364818
I like the recent Les Stroud bigfoot series
>>
>>87366264
I remember watching a kino on the sci fi channel of a group of people getting murdered by bigfoot, near the end they find his den and come across a bunch of corpses implying he'd been eating people for a while. In the end the main character fights off bigfoot and manages to get help, but they arrest him and accuse him of killing all the people. Anyone know what movie it was?
>>
File: Lauging Muties.jpg (142KB, 617x505px) Image search: [Google]
Lauging Muties.jpg
142KB, 617x505px
>>87375282
>Bigfoot are perfectly adapted to hiding and keep themselves in the most remote locations that's why they've managed to remain hidden!
>evidence for their existence has them crossing roads and hanging around shooting ranges
>>
>>87364818
In Search Of with Leonard Nemoy
>>
>>87364818
>believing this shit in this day and age
American """"""""""""""education"""""""""""" yet again
>>
>>87381426
I mean just watch this intro

https://youtu.be/Q80ILzFV7Co

Pure Squatch kino
>>
>>87379058
Wendigos are awesome spooky monsters, man. You've got the fact that they stalk you without you being able to catch them at it AND cannibalism. Shit's basically a spookier version of werewolves. I'll always treasure American folklore just for that and for having produced the Tailypo story, which is also about being isolated in the middle of the woods.

It's a fucking travesty that Ravenous is the only good Wendigo movie.
>>
>>87378615
1. I've attended more than a few criminal trials and never heard that used in a defense.
2. That is not the definition of "hearsay".

Why is the quality of skeptic argumentation worse than the quality of Bigfoot footage?

>>87378743
Like most predatory animals, and many primates, they're cannibals. They eat their dead. What they do with the bones, who knows?

It's reasonable to assume that if they exist, and they're close to human in their intelligence, then they know it's good for them to deny us trophies.

>>87379058
Most cultures have myths of giant hairy man-beasts. Ogres, trolls, giants, woodwose, basajaun, and so on.

>>87370894
>>87380051
Paulidies never says it's Bigfoot in the 411 books or when he's talking about them. But he is heavily involved with Bigfoot research and it's obvious he believes Bigfoot is responsible. Not saying so in the context of his 411 work is a PR strategy.

He also believes in the mystical Bigfoot stuff about how they travel between dimensions and are our gentle forest brothers. He just can't bring himself to admit they're intelligent beasts that aren't above eating a kid when they think they can get away with it.
>>
>>87381631
>if they exist why are they difficult to spot?
>hah, I tricked you, they're spotted all the time!
okay m8

>>87381703
Do you actually believe the curriculum of the US public education system includes lessons plans about the reality of Bigfoot?

>>87379967
Most eyewitness accounts describe the encounters as terrifying. I know damn well that if I encountered -any- dangerous animal in the wild the last thing I'd do would be to start fucking around with my cellphone.
>>
>>87382603
>hah, I tricked you, they're spotted all the time!
It's not about them being spotted, autist, it's about where they're supposedly being spotted. If you tell me they're difficult to spot then I expect to see some footage from some cunt who's hiked his way halfway up a mountain, not dashcam footage from it crossing a busy road or hanging around clearly populated areas.
>>
>>87382156
They sound more like Grimm's Fairy Tales characters
>>
>>87379058
America has it's share of monsters. Lake monsters, Jersey Devil, Mothman, Dover Demon, Pteranodons, niggers
>>
>>87382832
You're going to see more camera footage of things where there are more people with cameras.

Just because an animal has a sterotypical pattern of behavior, that doesn't preclude it from occasionally doing other things. If I classify you as a diurnal animal who spends his waking hours in an office and his sleeping hours in a bedroom, why have you been spotted in a bar after sundown on a Saturday night?
>>
>>87364818
>>87364818
Bigfoot =old and busted
Dogmen = the new hotness.

There aren't that many good docs of them that are out, but I'd find the ancient aliens episode Bigfoot, and Bigfoot eyewitness encounters. The host is really cool and lets everyone tell their stories about seeing them. Also check out his Dogmen encounters channel it's fucking freaky. Start with episode 12 or 66. They're all pretty great though and it's hard to believe they've been seen around just as long as Bigfoot has
>>
>>87383911
Mothman Prophecies is a fucking good movie
>>
>>87384296
You can't be the new hotness if you're a medieval meme.
>>
what about the mermaid and the dinosaur sightings >>87384296
>>
>>87378804
>The soil turns up over centuries
What if their rituals involve destruction of the bones? What if they transport them to mass graves and we've never found any of them?

They might have learned discretion hundreds of years before colonization. Avoiding Natives was probably extremely useful.
>>
>>87384296
Dogman is utterly ridiculous, yet I believe in it because I knew two people who saw them. This was shortly before everyone had the internet, so they didn't come up with their stories after reading creepypasta. They also weren't talking about local legends because they'd never heard of them before seeing one. One of these guys called them "monkey dogs". The other guy didn't have a name for it at all.

>>87384421
Read the book. It's even better.

One of the two people I'm talking about above actually lived in Mothman country, and took me on the Mothman tour, showing me all the places it had been seen. His Dogman sighting was in the same area.
>>
>>87384589
>Read the book. It's even better.
I'll take your word, nigger
What's the authors, name?
>>
>>87384589
I never even heard about Dogmen until recently too. But like you said most people who have seen them saw them long before the internet, at least most if the stories I've heard. They don't sound any more ridiculous if you think of them as maybe a kind of bear or hyper carnivorous predators. I don't know what family they'd belong to, but Earth has made some pretty insane things. Dogmen and Bigfoot could just be leftover from be the last great big beasts that used to be in the world. Gigantopithicus and a
>>
>>87384474
I can maybe buy the dinosaurs but i haven't seen the merman ep yet
>>
>>87384721
>Gigantopithicus and a
Oh shit, the dogmen got anon in the middle of making a post! He must have been on to something!
>>
File: BINDER4.jpg (61KB, 373x449px) Image search: [Google]
BINDER4.jpg
61KB, 373x449px
>>87384677
John Keel, same name as the protagonist in the film. He was an old-school magazine writer who made a career of investigating the paranormal. In my opinion his two best books are The Mothman Prophecies, and Operation Trojan Horse.

He was also an entertaining speaker. This is a pretty kino vid set to the audio of his lecture on The Men in Black, who he also spent a lot of time tracking down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvm77diHCdA
>>
>>87375282
>all this grainy low res footage
Thanks for wasting my time, asshole. I got a good laugh out of the silly "enhancements" in the 2nd video though.
>>
>>87385368
>dashcams produce 1080p at night
If it was high quality, high-res footage, you would say it's too good, and must be a studio fake.
>>
File: Icke.jpg (116KB, 780x497px) Image search: [Google]
Icke.jpg
116KB, 780x497px
>>87371619
>he thinks the sheeple on /pol/ have a better grasp of reality than the greenpilled /x/philes
>>
fukn /x/, every time i browse there they have a new theory on the end of the world
wrong every time
>>
>>87381426

OK I have to watch this now
>>
File: 1478570550023.jpg (46KB, 1000x688px) Image search: [Google]
1478570550023.jpg
46KB, 1000x688px
more like saSQUAT
>>
>>87381426
>moonshine-producing mafia making deals with Bigfoot to use his forest in exchange for payments of whiskey
That sounds fucking fantastic.
>>
>>87385639
>sasquatches and yetis literally walking across the street with cars and people around
>somehow in the age of high res digital cameras and smart phones not a single person has ever captured a decent quality video or picture of one
I can't tell if you're stupid, delusional, or just LARPing at this point.
I'm not asking for much, just a video that's not so pixelated and blurry that you can't fucking see anything.
Honestly if someone showed me those videos but didn't mention sasquatches I wouldn't even be able to tell what they're trying to show me.
>>
>>87381426
I'd watch a movie about any one of those scenarios.
>>
>>87386108
>on rare occasions people see a legendary animal near a road
>THEY'RE EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME AND THERE'S NO GOOD FOOTAGE HUH YOU MUST BE A RETARD

You're making assumptions and exaggerations about half-remembered lore and telling yourself that's proof of something. I could use exactly the same kind of arguments to deny the existence of owls.
>>
>>87386420
Except footage of owls exists, retard.
>>
>400
that's not even a lot and also lying/ being mistaken.
>>
>>87386449
Why is it all so grainy?
>>
File: 1.jpg (38KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
38KB, 852x480px
>>87386530
Yeah look at this grainy low res image. Can anyone really prove that owls are real with such flimsy evidence laying around???
>>
>>87374345
>tonight on Halloween, we won't be just finding Bigfoot, we will be finding GHOST BIGFOOT, here's a preview
>bubas autistic screams in the woods
>>
Yes, I'm sure a fucking seven foot ape evolved to hide and scavenge for food
>>
>>87386599
>posts obvious CGI as proof
>>
>>87386762
My friend makes this joke often. I love you man.
>>
File: 1501728474874.jpg (337KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1501728474874.jpg
337KB, 960x1280px
according to some early Mormon mythology, Bigfoot is the biblical Cain who was cursed by God and given 'a mark' after killing his brother Abel and damned to walk the earth until judgement day. The mark given by God, his terrifying appearance, keeps him from being able to ever walk among men so he wanders in the forest all alone.
>>
>>87386812
Higher primates tend to be elusive. Chimps and gorillas are ambush predators who rely on stealth and are notoriously hard to track.
>>
Bears walk on their hind legs sometimes. There was a lot of footage on the news of one around where I live that had injured front paws and walked around everywhere near people's houses. I'd sure as fuck think of bigfoot if I saw that at any distance.
>>
>>87386965
Yet despite living in the middle of Africa in some of the most war torn impoverished places on earth we still have shitloads of documentation on them, even having captured them and kept them in zoos. Also, have there literally EVER been apes in North America before humans?
>>
>>87381426
Can confirm everything this guys says. The best part is that all the guys on the show completely accept all this shit like it makes perfect sense.

I honestly hope that /tv/ will one day be able to watch it together
>>
>>87387042
The famous mountaineer Reinhold Messner spent about ten years tracking the Yeti, and came to that conclusion.
>>
I've seen big foot before once. Saw him one night in my garage using the power tools.
>>
>>87387093
See posts in the thread above. Gorillas were considered tall tales for about a hundred years. The Bili Ape is a large chimp that wasn't discovered until 2004.

The Sasquatch is much smarter than these animals, considers us their primary threat, and actively avoid us. It makes sense that catching one would be a challenge.

Shit, the Panda was thought to be a myth for almost 90 years and they don't even hide. And they're so stupid they can't even breed in captivity.
>>
>>87364818
>over 400 sightings in over 200 years
>less seen than Mormon golden plates

kek. next youll be telling us mormonism isnt just a big lie so gais can fuck multiple women. kekeke. ur hikarious bud.
>>
>>87375282
Wow, sure is pretty interesting that Sasquatch has the exact same movement patterns as a human being despite there being literally no other animals in the world like this. Also very convenient that all of the footage of him is too low quality to see anything.
>>
>>87387166
>Reinhold Messner
What a heroic name
>>
>>87387665
>Nonhuman bipedial primates can't ex-
>>
>>87387740
He's climbed every peak above 26,000 feet. Lost all but two toes to frostbite along the way. A legend.
>>
>>87388419
Wow, it's almost like you didn't understand my post at all.
>>
>>87386812
Do you look up in the trees everywhere you go?
>>
File: is this homonid serious.jpg (263KB, 591x556px) Image search: [Google]
is this homonid serious.jpg
263KB, 591x556px
>>87388606
>I can't communicate effectively and it's your fault
>>
>>87389006
People also underestimate the ability of wild animals to use natural camouflage and cover.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYT6s3b7rls
>>
>>87364818
I totally saw bigfoot bro. Buy my book for only 19.99$ to hear my story!
Thread posts: 205
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.