[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just watched this movie. I don't know if it is that I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I just watched this movie. I don't know if it is that I just had such great expectations or that this movie is highly overrated. Having watched the Thing makes me see the stupid decisions that the characters make in this movie (of which there are many) as cringe worthy at best. Even in other carpenter's movies like in the mouth of madness the stupid decisions somehow didn't seem as stupid as they were in halloween. What am i missing /tv/?
>>
>>87324728
Carpenter's cinematography and soundtrack still make it hold up for me. The shots of Laurie and her friends walking with Michael lurking in the background like a shark are fantastically creepy.
>>
nigga it was the 70s
>>
>>87324728
The trope of stupid decision making teens wasn't overused in the 70s.
>>
>>87324728
I hated how the teens looked like they were in their 30s
>>
>>87325354
Yeah I agree on the cinematography. Carpenters music never fully convinces me however. But overall I gotta say the movie feels like it hasn't aged very well. I suppose watching in the 70s watch a much more creepy and enjoyable experience. It probably was the first in te genre to do a lot of things that today are common, howver they seem old to me because I've alrady seen them being done in more recent films
>>
>>87325826
It's funny how even a movie like Jaws 2 was influenced by the slasher craze.
>>
>>87325868
Overall Halloween is a movie that turned out better than it had any right to thanks to Carpenter's talent. It's inspiring for people that want to direct.
>>
>>87326151
This.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.