[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>God isn't real Marty *chugs beer can* Why does /tv/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: 002-true-detective-theredlist.jpg (86KB, 1280x680px) Image search: [Google]
002-true-detective-theredlist.jpg
86KB, 1280x680px
>God isn't real Marty *chugs beer can*

Why does /tv/ hate Reddit and Memey but love True Detective when they're both fedora tier?
>>
weak bait
>>
>>87314562
True Detective is also actually good.
>>
Humanity was a mistake, Marty.
*takes really long drag of cig*
>>
>>87314562
Because he actually got called out for being an edgy faggot in the show itself. Unlike the following season where being an edgy tryhard faggot was the norm.
>>
>>87314562
Fuckin this
>>
>>87314562
Seems to me the light is winning.
>>
>>87314732
Except he was not.
He was the moral man of the show and Marty, the straight man, was the fucking degenerate
>>
File: wNf3zG7L.jpg (157KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
wNf3zG7L.jpg
157KB, 1252x1252px
because there is nuance and redemption in this story. it doesn't gloat and revel in the nihilism in a quirky way. rust's entire psyche is damaged in a deep way and through his friendship and autism he eventually overcomes it

>looks like the light is winning
>>
>>87314562
Marty was always there to put Rust's fedora tipping shit in its place. Also Rust wasn't a pessimist because he thought it would make him look cool- he didn't see meaning in life because of his past and his experiences with his job.
>>
>>87314562
The show was honest about what nihilism does to people. Rust was a depressed man, struggling to find meaning, but as the last scene showed, he did seek meaning. On the surface yeah he's a nihilist, but underneath he's struggling to find meaning and still seeks justice. That's the one thing that keeps him going, a sense of justice.

(I actually still enjoy Rick & Morty, but let's not pretend that Rust wasn't a more complex character than Rick)
>>
>>87314732
>>87314867

>Rust gets called out as an edgy fag
>this makes it OK

>Rick gets called out as an edgy fag
>this doesn't make it OK

Loving the disconnect here.
>>
>>87314901
>The show was honest about what nihilism does to people. Rust was a depressed man, struggling to find meaning

Are you seriously suggesting that this doesn't apply to Rick?
>>
File: 1495075429572.png (267KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1495075429572.png
267KB, 420x420px
>>87314907
>true detective is based on nuanced characterization, introspection and development weaved into a multiyear plot that has a semblance of closure
>rick and morty is flanderization fart jokes: the show
ami i posting in a b8 thread
>>
>>87314831
To be fair Rick has proven multiple times of having a sparkle of good inside him, and his cinismo was punished a lot, but /tv/ doesnt care
>>
>>87314863
This. Rust's negative outlook on life is the result of the things he's seen. He's not an edgy "LOL LIFE HAS NO MEANING LET'S GET WASTED" caricature. He's struggling to find meaning in a fucked up world the same way lots of us do. There's so much suffering and injustice in the world, so what keeps us going? For Rust it's his battle to improve the world, protect the innocent, that sort of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJXznk6cFk0
>>
>>87314907
I don't watch cartoons faggot.
>>
Can someone explain to me the difference between Nihilism, Existentialism and Absurdism?
>>
File: 1502533609336.jpg (10KB, 331x473px) Image search: [Google]
1502533609336.jpg
10KB, 331x473px
>>87314863
>>looks like the light is winning

That ending is the ultimate pleb filter.
>>
The show is the opposite of nihilism you moron. Did you even watch the entire season?
>>
season 2 > season 1
>>
>>87315121
Mods should ban this anytime it's posted. It's such obvious bait.
>>
Shitposting aside, I should really rewatch season 1.
>>
File: 1496363440967.jpg (24KB, 370x531px) Image search: [Google]
1496363440967.jpg
24KB, 370x531px
>>87315035
>He's struggling to find meaning in a fucked up world the same way lots of us do
i think the big difference in Rust is that first, he has actually gone through hard and damaging experiences that most of us would kys having gone through. Where Rick is just a literal cartoon nihilist which really is just a euphemism for a hedonist.

Rust is a philosophical pessimist. It's actually based on a real book by Ligotti called The Conspiracy against the Human Race. Rick is based on pleb tier justifications to be a degenerate. Rust is the opposite of a hedonistic degenerate, he is basically a monk trying to find closure.
>>
>>87315066
>Nihilism
There is no inherent meaning in life, the universe or anything. It doesn't mean you can't create your own. Things, actions, words, only have the meaning you impart on them. These days it's a hip meme ideology for degenerates who think lol yolo nothing matters

>Existentialism
Concerning yourself with current, present existence - the past has already happened and the future doesn't exist. You exist here, now, immediately, that's all that matters.

>Absurdism
Dunno, to be honest, probably massively edgy.

At least those are my understandings of them.
>>
>>87315181
season 2 is the ultimate pleb filter.

Buy a dictionary, remove your fedora and anal beads, stop browsing /x/ and rewatch season 2 so you can understand your mistakes in life
>>
>>87314562
You actually just btfo /tv/
>>
>>87315066
wikipedia
>>
>>87315066
Absurdism very simply put is this: Life has no inherent meaning, but you can enjoy it by analyzing it and enjoying life's intricacies.
>>
>>87315342
We see you op
>>
File: 1478540127503.jpg (163KB, 741x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1478540127503.jpg
163KB, 741x1044px
>>87315304
>>87315066
and it's important to note that Rust isn't any of those things. He's a pessimist, which is more than our pleb usage of pessimist as someone being negative. Philosophical pessisimism (afaik from reading Ligotti) is basically that human consciousness was the greatest mistake and to have to cognizantly go through the crucible of life is hell on earth and all we can do is occupy our minds from the inevitable maw of fate. It's all pretty edgy honestly and anyone who actually believed it would have kys. Otherwise its just big brain nigga masturbation
>>
>true cucktective
>good
M'lady
>>
>>87315066
The first is a problem, the later two are solutions to the problem. Or rather stances one can assume when confronted with nihilism.
>>
>>87314849
They were both degenerates
>>
His daughter was killed in a car accident and his marriage fell apart, of course he has lost his faith in god.

That's way different to DUDE, LE SCIENCE SO GOD ISN'T REAL, CHECKMATE ;)
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.