[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you missed out on watching True Detective S1 with /tv/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Ptbw9yH.jpg (47KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
Ptbw9yH.jpg
47KB, 800x522px
>tfw you missed out on watching True Detective S1 with /tv/ while it was airing.

What was it like bros?
>>
>>87302734
I asked this question last week and the general consensus on the board was that it was pure kino
>>
>>87302734
ACROSS THE DUSTY MAY SUN
Just comin' for my files Marty
WAS HE TALKING TO THE LORDE?
What was Rust firing at?
>talkin' bout how she met a BIG GUY
>talkin' bout how she gonna be a WAY-FOO
>>
I remember watching the biker/ghetto shootout and everyone in the live thread shitting their pants at how awesome it was
>>
File: 432234.png (800KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
432234.png
800KB, 1366x768px
Thread theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjVIF8x9u48
>>
>>87302781

>episode comes out
>HOLY SHIT GOAT ACTION SEQUENCE
>next day after everyone gushes on it too much
>OVERRATED UNNECESSARY LONG TAKE HURR IT WAS SHIT
>>
File: 750570_1845953_3407x5120.jpg (61KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
750570_1845953_3407x5120.jpg
61KB, 700x466px
o i am laffin
>>
I'll interrupt this inevitable circlejerk with a bit of criticism.

I don't enjoy tv shows, so everybody recommended me the first season of TD because it's more of a "mini-series", not a tv show for them.
Well for me the experience was exactly like any other tv show, unenjoyable.

The primary focus is on the written narrative and nothing else, the repetitive structure, countless exact same establishing shots and shots of a car entering a location, countless "let's go to a bar for a beer" exposition dialogues, every episode has to end with a cliffhanger, every episode has one big moment where it all builds up to, countless twists and turns which result in a total disinterest in who is the actual killer by the end of the season etc

Like any other tv show.
After the fifth episode I had to make myself watch the rest of the season, I didn't even care who is the killer after all the edgy twists and turns, I just wanted it all to end. Most of the time you don't even have to look at the screen, the back to back camerawork in dialogues get's so overused that you can basically just listen to the conversation without even watching the screen and grasp all the information you need because the written narrative is the main thing here, while in film it's the visual narrative. It's pretty clear that Television is primarily a producers medium.
So I stick to film.
>>
i didn't participate in the live threads but i was there in the threads where caps of daddarios nude scenes were leaked before the series aired, it was pretty nice i beat my meat so hard
>>
Rustposting was top tier
>>
>>87304491

>ITT: Times you acted like Rust
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.