[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where does Dunkirk fall in top WWII kinos? Not gonna lie senpai

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: dunkirk-wwii-image.jpg (535KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
dunkirk-wwii-image.jpg
535KB, 2560x1600px
Where does Dunkirk fall in top WWII kinos?

Not gonna lie senpai I got misty eyed a couple of times towards the end.
>>
I've been very quiet about this because I don't want to come across as a simple contrarian, but I didn't think it was very good at all.
>>
>>87237607
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN3yrJP24-I
about private ryan tier. although it of course had nowhere the same impact and was decades later
>>
One of the best imo

It focused on the mayhem and horror of war without prioritizing a main set of characters which ultimately most war movies do and therefore trivialize the deaths of the extras

The biggest complaint is that "it didn't have characters" which to me is it's biggest strength. I hate war or horror movies where we only care about the people whose names we know.

Yeah, this movie kind of centralizes on a few characters but it invests a lot into every person on the screen
>>
Not even top 20, movie has literally almost nothing to do with WWII, not that that's a bad thing
>>
>>87237607
>Not gonna lie senpai I got misty eyed a couple of times towards the end.
Faggot
>>
>>87237607
Meh, it was pretty forgettable
>>
The sound mixing was also exceptional.
>>
>>87237782
There you got your YOU. You're dismissed.
>>
>>87237607
When will there ever be a movie from the german perspective from

1. early war, when Wehrmacht was at its height
2. mid war, during the Russian campaign
3. mid war, sets on Bismarck
4. Late war, eastern front, when Germans tried their hardest to hold back the Soviets so more men can surrender to the allies
5. Pre war, a young german guy joins paratroopers and ends with successful invasion of Norway.
>>
>>87237841
This.

Nothing truly special besides sound and visuals.
>>
This was far from a happy ending. If I remember my history correctly, didn't London get its shit pushed in later on by the Luftwaffe.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.