[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did it basically rip off Breaking Bad? It came out after it,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: GTAV-Review.jpg (602KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GTAV-Review.jpg
602KB, 1280x720px
Did it basically rip off Breaking Bad? It came out after it, after all. Michael De Santa is a lot like Walt, Trevor is a lot like Tuco, and Michael's son is basically Jesse. Franklin also has a somewhat Jesse-like role in the story, whilst the basic premise is the same except Michael has a previous history of crime which makes him intelligent, whilst Walt is inexperienced and gets his intelligence/world weariness from his academic career. Both have massive inferiority complexes.
>>
>>87216624
its morle like any other hollywood movie. that was the point of the fucking game.

fucking wikipedia. go read. dont waste my time
>>
>>87216624
It ripped off Heat which should be obvious to anyone who has seen it. You haven't seen it because you're a faggot
>>
Oh it's a setup it's a setup it's a setup there's a

(no no we won't won't fall)
(no no we won't won't fall)
>>
>>87216624
GTA used to do this. Vice City taking huge inspiration from Scarface (DePalma version) for example.
>>
>>87216624
fucking retard
>>
These connections are tenuous at best.
>>
>>87217350
>It ripped off Heat which should be obvious to anyone who has seen it. You haven't seen it because you're a faggot

Yeah like one fucking scene. Maybe you should play it before talking like a retard?
>>
literally every heist movie is built around the new guy, the old guy, and the wildcard.
>>
>>87216624
it "rips-off" shitloads of heist movies like heat, point break, etc.
gta was always parodying movies in their setting, scarface and miami vice in VC, boyz n the hood and etc in San Andreas and so on

also, fuck /v/eddit and their shitty contratian opinion, V was a great fucking game, its probably my favorite gta along with San Andreas

GTA IV was shit
>>
>>87218948
people are calling 5 shit because they're comparing it to GTA:SA. Same reason the same people called 4 shit. Same reason every GTA is going to be shit.
>>
>>87219092
nah, no one calls gta v shit, i think its the highest rated game in the series by critics and fans alike, /v/ is the only place that shits on it because its popular and NO FUN ALLOWED
>>
>>87219092
>>87219162
people shit on V because online is trash that ruined reputation of a game
>>
Did your guardians know you're using a computer? Autistic fuck.
>>
>>87218948
V had godawful writing and mission structure. everything else was pretty good. IV is still overall a better game.

nothing beats VC's empire building though.
>>
>>87216624
Please be bait please be bait please be bait
>>
>>87219162
I'm right here, calling GTA5 shit. It was better than 4 but that bar is so low you can't trip over it. But it was so short that it being better than 4 is basically irrelevant.

the critics are paid and the fans aren't old enough to have played GTA:SA
>>
>>87219282
San Andreas is terrible.
>t. Played the Xbox port of the iPhone port
>>
>>87219282
well, im 25, im pretty much raised with GTA since GTA 2 and i loved the shit out of 5.
My second favorite game in the series after SA
>>
>>87219231
This so much, online was a mistake.
>>
GTA VC will always be the best because Vercetti is the best character and it still has the best radios.
>>
>>87220223
and Ray Liotta voiced him, can't be anymore gangster than this.
>>
GTA IV had better writing than V but they overdid it and it was too serious for 12 year olds. V's writing is very very bad and it feels like some teenager wrote it. That being said Trevor was better than expected still.

San Andreas is the best gta game ever, this is a fact.

Vice City had the best radios by far, V really surprised me with its tracks though and it takes the second place.

Rockstar completely focusing on online is a mistake and it showed everyone that R* isnt any different than other greedy game companies. V could have two single player expansion packs, it even could've been las venturas and san fierro.
>>
>>87216624

not really since the point is Michael used to be a career criminal and tried to give it up, its not an everyman-to-criminal story

not everything about a criminal double life is breaking bad
>>
GTAs are a clusterfuck of crime movie/tv references.
>>
>>87216624
Yeah, except it's homage; and it's of multiple sources and genres of film.

>>87218197
particularly good example. Also, they borrowed Sean Penn's character in Carlito's Way as the shady lawyer. And took from a bunch of other movies. They even took a mission from the Glasgow Ice Cream Wars
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasgow_Ice_Cream_Wars, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Yofx-6pXI
>>
I got a strong Sopranos vibe from Michael and his family.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.