[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are these sequels so awful? I'm watching them for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: matrix sequels.jpg (58KB, 532x400px) Image search: [Google]
matrix sequels.jpg
58KB, 532x400px
Why are these sequels so awful?

I'm watching them for the first time since I saw them in theaters and I can't put my finger on what went wrong. Everything is shit and stupid.

The first one has its cheesy moments as a result of it being dated, but it still holds up as a compelling action story, the cyberpunk aspects are still unique, and a lot of the shots are incredible. More than anything, it's still a joy to watch.

Why are the sequels always either boring or stupid?
>>
>>87214196
The Wachowskis thought they were being clever by deconstructing the first film, but instead turned it into a bad joke. Also the design for Zion is pathetic, a network of caves filled with niggers
>>
>>87214196

They're boring to you because your low i.q. mind doesn't understand what was trying to be articulated to the general public.

If you understood the message, allegory, ect. you'd understand that The Matrix Trilogy is the greatest movie(s) ever made.
>>
they're anything but boring
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>87214196
>>87214374

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwnq7Kp18tQ&t=3s
>>
>>87214196
The first one was made by Joel Silver a conservative white man. The sequels were made by two future trannies.
>>
>>87214374
Uh huh. And which allegory was it that sailed over my head, anon?

>>87214368
I don't understand. Zion has super-advanced machines but they're afraid of the AI?
>>
>>87214368
>he thought an underground cave full of humanity breeding with eachother would result in tons of white people
it's actually stupidly realistic and your post just makes that point, white men have to keep their head in the sand and escape to matrix like realities to affect a greater level of control and relevance
>>
>>87214196
All the important philosophical questions about the nature of reality and mindfuck plots were dealt with on the first, sequels were just action movies to give closure to the world they built. Plus, the Wachowskis embraced the freaky side of nature and wanted to be as edgy and "progressive" as a person can be. That has a way of getting in the way when your goal is no longer making good movies.
>>
I thought Reloaded was okay but Revolutions was just grim and boring and they were barely in the matrix. The Battle for Zion just seems really retarded with the clumsy mechs shooting into endless squid robots
>>
>>87214550
I think this is probably it, actually.

All the questions about control and existence within a largely shaped system (shaped by the forces of capitalism, consumerism, cultural pressures, etc.) are dealt with in the first movie. As is the novel idea that there is a reality removed from our own and that our own reality is structured like a computer program. Agent Smith's speech to Morpheus at the end is a nice summary of how we cannot escape the Matrix, even if there is something beyond. And there are little sprinklings of Eastern philosophy throughout (There is no spoon).

The only two questions the sequels had to answer were: What happens next? and Who is in control/what lies beyond the world of Zion? Is it really turtles all the way down?

Those aren't nearly as interesting when it comes to food for thought. The sequels try to rehash the same questions without the same careful depth of thought and it feels like a lazy retread.
>>
>>87214547
They didn't have to make it a big dumb cave though. I was expecting an actual city with cyberpunk aesthetic, if rundown
>>
>>87214813
city in a cave is the definition of high tech low life lol. I loved how everything was carved out but still had all this tech everywhere, they would have reason to build 20th century skyscrapers and building when that's the world they're escaping from.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.