[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tfw movies have to be explained to me because I lack observational

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

>Tfw movies have to be explained to me because I lack observational and analytical skills therefore I can never interpret the movie for myself.

How do you guys do it /tv/? I watched anomalisa and paterson this week i couldn't understand them. I didn't get the same level of enjoyment others had.
>>
>>87212522
>tfw watching movies where the main characters wears about the same outfit and looks a bit alike

it's hell trying to figure out what's going on
>>
Real basically, there obvious explicit meaning, and then deaper implicit meaning. I think you just need to gather the oieces of the explixit meaning conveyed to help dive deeper to find the implicit meaning.

Or maybe you're actually dumb.
>>
movies are just for entertainment, don't worry about it too much.
>>
wikipedia metaphor
wikipedia symbolism
>>
>>87212599
that happened to me when i watched Gomorrah
>>
>>87212647
Fuck off, film is an art form.
>>
Half the threads on /tv/ are about capeshit and anime

You're probably smarter than most posters on here
>>
File: 1504140692043.png (463KB, 878x737px) Image search: [Google]
1504140692043.png
463KB, 878x737px
>>87213902
>film is an art form.
>decide to take a film course in college
>Professor says his favorite film is Fight Club
>>
>>87214870
>One guy likes a shit film so the entire medium is garbage
>>
>>87212522
You have to change your whole mindset on films in general.

You are only consuming films, not experiencing them. Films are merely plot points for you that you need to decipher. I would presume you even half watch them on a laptop/computer screen with one earbud on.
Be aware that there is no definitive answer to every frame in most great films, start to think of them as an experience and treat them like that.
Looking for a singular universal "message" from a film is a pretty surface-level casual way of thinking. Movies aren't puzzles which you have to put together in a certain kind of way to "get" them.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.