[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was his awakening in episode 16, and the whole episode at large,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: serveimage (2).jpg (18KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage (2).jpg
18KB, 500x281px
Was his awakening in episode 16, and the whole episode at large, the sloppiest deus ex machina in the history of TV?
>>
>>87208844
> character wakes up from nap
> deus ex machina
> REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>87208844
>Lynchworld
>Conventional narrative paradigms

You're fucking retarded, my man
>>
>implying it wasn't an elaborate plan to get Janey E. puss
>>
>>87208844
you got lynched you pathetic well-cuck'd faggot. kys senpai
>>
>>87209053
>>87209103
>>87209711
no u, fucking retards
this isn't lynches style
his style is to fucking convolute everything further until everyone gives up trying to understand what the fuck is going on
this is clearly the handiwork of a certain Mr Frosty
>>
>>87209920
>his style is to fucking convolute everything further until everyone gives up trying to understand what the fuck is going on

For fuck's sake, please stop posting
>>
>>87210046
pathetic pleb
>>
>>87208844
>15 episodes of painstakingly gradual yet compelling buildup
>Deus ex machina
Fuck off back to /got/, pleb
>>
>>87210109
thats exactly the point
15 eps of build up
to all be squandered in one ep
keep it slow
>>
>>87208844
>deus ex machina

Literally гeddit: the phrase
>>
File: 1502133846885.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502133846885.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
>>87210161
>the absolute state of this argument
>>
I don't think so, electricity was established as a pathway to change right at the beginning, even form the original run/fwwm.
The way I saw it - Cooper came trough the plug socket but something went wrong (probably because of the fuck up caused by the presence of Dougie allowing badcoop to stay out of the lodge), so he was retarded, "Gordon Cole" from that Sunset Blvd jogged his memory enough to prompt him to get some more electricity, thus fixing him
>>
File: 1503915187392.webm (191KB, 460x516px) Image search: [Google]
1503915187392.webm
191KB, 460x516px
>>87210109
>Buildup

He just had the urge to electrocute himself for no reason and then he woke up. And if you say that he electrocuted himself after hearing Gordon Cole, that's even more retarded.

If getting shocked was the solution, mike could have guide him to do that earlier.

It was an uncreative, rushed and forced way to bring cooper back, and the "I am fbi" moment with "Falling" playing in the background felt more like a compromise than a genuine fan pandering moment.

And i love Lynch and this season is probably one of the best things ive ever watched, but that was dissappointing
>>
>>87208844
deus ex machina is a running theme in TP, especially with DougieCoop who had the assistance of Lodge entities. just because you can give a name to a trope doesn't make it bad if used tastefully.
>>
>>87208844
You EVER fucking post here again, I'll cut your cock off and shove it down your cunt throat
>>
>>87210288
>He just had the urge to electrocute himself for no reason and then he woke up
wrong. he heard Gordon Cole's name on TV and that activated Cooper to figure out how to get back to consciousness
>>
>>87210298
>if used tastefully
which it wasn't, in that episode
>>
>>87210352
Thanks for stopping reading at that point retard.

Why would hearing Gordon Cole trigger that? Coop knew that and Mike didnt? It was a really stupid solution
>>
>>87210288
The socket was established in ep3 and we were reminded of it in ep9. He's been having little jolts of recognition - coffee, words like "agent" and "case files", the American flag etc - throughout the entire series. He's also been steadily gaining competence, able to perform simple tasks like eating and walking with more autonomy than before. He demonstrates more of this development when he plays with the salt and pepper and clumsily operates the TV remote.

He heard the name Gordon Cole and it gave him another jolt of recognition , the biggest yet, granting him enough agency to direct his attention to the electrical socket. Cooper was always in there, as was confirmed when he recognises Sonny Jim and Janey-E, and he knew or sensed that he had to return fully. This was all built up beautifully over the course of The Return and I fail to see how anyone could miss it.
>>
>>87210639
Dude, i understand what you say and i agree, but the fact that he knew that electrocuting himself would bring him back was silly. When he was in the mauve zone, he didn't know what the socket was, he was curious about It but thats It, that was also the first time he was ever there because he asked Naido where he was.
There is no way that he could knew that that would brought his mind back
>>
>>87210288
Just admit you got Lynched and go back to posting about GoT
>>
>>87210912
Never watched a got episode in my life, and i bet you are way more pleb than i am.

Pleb here acts like Lynch is a cinema god that its only criticized by plebs. He is great, and one of my favourite directors, but he is not perfect.

And , if you ask me im pretty sure that Frost was who wrote the entire "electrocuted himself and gets his mind back" plotline
>>
>>87210910
He remembers coming into the world through a socket though, and we've seen him be drawn to one before.
>>
>>87211030
And what made him think that another shock what what he needed? Why did he supposed that his mind didn't completely travel the first time?
>>
File: vedderposters after part 16.jpg (117KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
vedderposters after part 16.jpg
117KB, 650x366px
>>87208844
>>
>>87211019
>I bet you are way more pleb than me
No u
>>
>>87211207
Post your top 5 films, faggot
>>
>>87211405
Drive
Pulp Fiction
BvS
Goodfellas
Empire strikes back
>>
>>87211747
>mfw because of the current state of /tv/ I can't even tell if this is a joke or not
>>
>>87211800
Iknorite?
>>
>>87210288
Wow, it's like one of the Return's major plotlines taking place in Las Vegas had value in itself.
>>
>>87211747
You are 17, right?
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (146KB, 814x814px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
146KB, 814x814px
>>87212344
>>87211122
>>87210288
>>87209711
>>87208844
why is nobody checking these hot dublettos??
>>
>>87211122
Probably mike or something, if you really need a solid explanation. Just because the underlying mechanics aren't explained doesn't mean there can't be any.
>>
>>87213070
i dont want mechanic explained, i just want a reason for him to do that. Mike and the arm guided dougie for 15 episodes, and i was okay with that. Then in that episode, they rushed coop back into normal state and it felt cheap
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.