[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that Mace Windu and Lando Calrissian feel like legitimate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: Mace Windu.png (139KB, 250x400px) Image search: [Google]
Mace Windu.png
139KB, 250x400px
Why is it that Mace Windu and Lando Calrissian feel like legitimate star wars characters but the black guy from TFA feels like forced diversity bullshit pushed down our throats by Disney?
>>
Because that's what it was and they made a point of it.
>>
>>87204055
1. Mace and Lando were side characters. Hollywood typically features white people as the main guys.
2. Media outlets made a big deal about it.
3. Your brain is beginning to rot after all the time you've spent on this website.
>>
>>87204100
exactly, John Boyega popping up in the desert in the first teaser was obviously race baiting, look we got a nigga in Star Wars, aint' that new?? Quick if you're a racist you need to cmpaign against it, and if you're a SJW you need to show your support. Don't forget no shekel is lost for us.
>>
>>87204055
Because you watched the older Star Wars when you were young and pure and not tainted by the racism that 4chan put in you
>>
Windu and Lando had flaws and bad points to them, and were written as if they were white people - just another person actually; their race didn't matter. Finn was written explicitly as the quip shit side black guy who somehow got his way through it all. His character was in a sense 'protected' by the script, whereas Windu and Lando had flaws and vulnerabilities that were allowed to be exposed to the audience.
>>
>>87204212
Joke's on you - my dad was racist as fuck when I was growing up
>>
Why didn't they let George Lucas do the character development and Black casting for TFA?
>>
>>87204142
literally all of this.
although tfa could have been all "white" and it still would have sucked ass because of abrams.
>>
>>87204055
How different do you think Windu would've been if he was played by Tupac as intended
>>
Because Lando was a genuinely aesthetic black man with caucasian features. Mace Windu a little bit less so, but its Samuel L Jackson so who fucking cares.

Then they cast this literal who deepest darkest africa nog with his pancake nose and simian features, in a far more prominent role no less.
>>
Mace and Lando were Star Wars characters who happened to be black.
Finn is a black guy in the SW universe
>>
>>87204055
Because of >CURRENT YEAR
>>
>>87204325
He's actually from London, but you have a point.
>>
>>87204344
WAT
>>87204350
>>
>>87204055
Because the reasons for casting minorities in nu-wars are transparent: tokenism and pandering to liberals. Lando and Mace were cast because the actors fit the roles.
>>
>>87204191
No, I'm saying JJ gave interviews about how the purposefully cast a black actor for a character that was designed to be white. I don't even give a shit, but that's what I meant by they made a point of it.
>>
OP here

I came to the conclusion that Bogeya doesn't fit not because he's black but because his character is uninteresting and just another poor element in the shitshow of a movie. I thought I disliked him at first because he was black but I don't have a problem with previous black characters in star wars.
>>
>>87204100
This. Also, a bit of >>87204845. The character isn't that great. At least it's not shaping up great so far. If he was a great fighter and soldier then it'd be a different story, but he seems like a bit of a pansy.
>>
>>87204930
>>87204845
One of the better actors in the film, just a shitty character.
>>
>>87204055
It's because when the prequels came out, people weren't cramped in online hugboxes telling eachother how opressed they feel by the evil white man. People were just living their lives normally. The internet broke everything.
>>
cause you hadn't been groomed by stormfront when the original Star Wars films were released.

Out of the shit show that TFA was, Finn, even though he is a slight copy of Han Solo, is the freshest feeling character..
>>
>>87205286
He had some slight characterization. Most of the characters were just props.
>>
>>87205193
>people weren't cramped in online hugboxes telling eachother how opressed they feel by the evil white man

funny cause this thread is almost the exact parallel to that. "they put a black guy in my fantasy movie! wahhhh!!!"
>>
>>87205306
i was just thankful for a non aristocrat character.
>>
>>87205310
That's very true. Everybody is influenced by online crap these days.
>>
>>87205352
sjw and pol are two sides of the same race obsessed coin.
>>
>>87205166
I almost never care about acting but Boyegas performence on TFA was horrible. Terrible overacting
>>
>>87207814
Doesn't mean it's not the best.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.