[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you tried writing screenplays, anon? Have you ever even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1.jpg (656KB, 3840x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
656KB, 3840x2400px
Have you tried writing screenplays, anon? Have you ever even read a real screenplay?
I want to become a TV writer someday.
>>
>>87202464
Have you tried to become a film writer first then transition to tv?
>>
>>87202627
No, I like tv formar more.
>>
>>87203439
Oh, okay. I was going to ask if you want to be my writing partner.
>>
>>87203455
How's your progress going?
>>
>>87203465
I'm not getting anywhere, which is why I need a partner.
>>
>>87202464
One of my screenplays got some people at the ABC interested.
They told me to come back with millions of dollars so here I am.
>>
>>87203504
Come back with millions of dollars? Isn't that their job?
>>
>>87203548
They wouldn't fund the whole thing, I'd have to source from a few different people to reach the mark.
I sent off a different manuscript to a number of producers with similar interests to me AND each other.

At least, that's all what people have been telling me.
>>
>>87203668
That means they have no faith in it, I mean they have a little faith but not that much. Was it a fantasy or something else?
>>
>>87203703
A horror/mockumentary short.
Basically just a regular town getting infested with dinky ornaments, they multiply and multiply and show up in weird places. It ends with the discovery that they're showing up inside animals and people.
I get why people wouldn't be interested, but getting responses at all is about the most I've accomplished.
Just figured I'd weigh in on a lonely thread.
My next project should be a bit more accessible since it's a comedy/parody/action thing but I'm not expecting much for it either.
>>
>>87203813
That sounds sort of interesting, I guess? What would ABC do with a short? They can't sell it to Disney.
>>
>>87202464
Doesn't seem very hard desu have you seen the shit they push out in movies/television recently? Even 100+ mill budgets like GoT somehow have shitty writing, it boggles the mind
>>
>>87203892
I honestly don't know, sending it to them was recommended by a published writer I was in contact with who had connections.
My current thing has potential to be a series pilot but I think I'm just gonna go with more independent producers so it can stand alone, maybe get to a festival or something.
But probably not.
>>
>>87202464
I have just finished a pilot for a sci-fi show but since it's my first screenplay, i'm thinking i should probably write it as a novel.
>>
>>87204029
whats it about
>>
>>87204377
It's a story about identity, it's happening in a world similar to the occidental world but where technology has taken such an importance that paper doesn't exist anymore, everything is digital and people are completely dependent on it. We follow a few characters that have different type of issues and are somehow lost in all that. Until a group of terrorists with confusing motivations decide to hack the whole system and crash it. Then everything changes for a ton of people...
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.