[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who unironically liked this costume and think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: tick-01[1].jpg (140KB, 655x983px) Image search: [Google]
tick-01[1].jpg
140KB, 655x983px
Am I the only one who unironically liked this costume and think the post-pilot redesign looks like garbage?
>>
>>87187575
Probably
>>
>>87187575
Post the other one
>>
>>87187575
I think this works better as a Tick costume, while the other one works better as a general superhero costume.

What I'm saying is, that the second one looks like something you'd expect a superhero to make for themselves, while it's only with this version that not-dad's comment about "Is that a suit, or is that all you?" makes any sense with, as this actually vaguely looks like it might be his actual skin.

Could have done with a bit of tailoring to not look as baggy in a few joints though.
>>
File: TheTick.png (597KB, 615x448px) Image search: [Google]
TheTick.png
597KB, 615x448px
>>87187664

This is the redesign. I just think it looks so awkward how the armor bits appear to just be glued onto a body suit. It's all so disjointed. It looks worse in motion with how the parts around the neck fold up in weird ways. I get they wanted it to look more like the original TV show, but this is just poorly done.
>>
>>87187683
>while it's only with this version that not-dad's comment about "Is that a suit, or is that all you?" makes any sense with, as this actually vaguely looks like it might be his actual skin.

Yeah, that's what I like about it, too. I guess they could have given it more of the iconic chin, but I like how it could be seen as a suit or as some weird alien skin. It walks that fine line well and makes you kinda question it.
>>
File: tick.jpg (486KB, 1706x960px) Image search: [Google]
tick.jpg
486KB, 1706x960px
>>87187575
>>87187745
Honestly i'm not a fan of either one, i hope they change it again as a long running joke.

I prefer the 90's Tick costume better.

I'm still enjoying the show
>>
>>87187745
Yea that looks shit. he cartoon version was the best

They should have got a bodybuilder to play the part and then cgi the actor's face onto it and voiced. Should be possible.
>>
>>87187870
>i hope they change it again as a long running joke.

That could actually be funny.
>>
>>87187916
too costly.
and what are the chances of getting it right. The show doesn't have the greatest production value
>>
>>87187870
There was no 90s Tick costume, that show is from 2001.
>>
This whole show looks very low budget (like high school film class tier) and tacky.
Can't bring myself to watch it from the previews
>>
>>87188079
ah you're right, might bad.
All i remember is that i was in high school, and that was mostly in the 90's
>>
>>87188100
>This whole show looks very low budget (like high school film class tier) and tacky.

It is. It works though, I find it kind of endearing. The sub-CW-verse tier outfits and random bits of obviously-made-for-TV CGI combined with the general ridiculous parody nature of the show work for me.
>>
>>87188425
I'm kinda with you on this.
It's not the greatest production but the cast and the situations are weirdly watchable.
and it's a weird blend of not that serious with some dark shit happening
>>
>>87188079
But you knew what he was talking about, you pedantic piece of shit
>>
>>87188634
Holy shit.
You ok man?
>>
>>87187575
Am I the only one who think that the Tick is a bit redditish? Makes it hard to watch
>>
How is Griffin Newman in this? The trailers looked like shit and I don't have Prime but I love Blank Check
>>
>>87189862

He's the only actual human being in a show full of walking parody. Runner up goes to Dot but she's more of a narrative tool used to put Arthur in uncomfortable/absurd situations than an actual character in her own right.

He does fine as the straight man.
>>
>>87187575
The only downside of the suit in the Pilot is no eyebrows. The Tick needs eyebrows for expressiveness and his redesign has it. It's a big deal given the nature of The Tick.

Apparently the real reason of the suit change was because it took too long to get into and out of the suit used in the Pitol
>>
>>87187870
I think this is objectively the best suit. Give it a lighter shade of blue, tweak the antennae and face portion however you want and re-use it.
>>
File: parody.jpg (247KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
parody.jpg
247KB, 1280x720px
>>87188425
yep. It's awfully close to some ancient TV special effects at times. It's a wonderful way of using a low budget to your advantage.
>>
File: 1503241453313.png (63KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
1503241453313.png
63KB, 612x491px
>>87187575
>didn't even notice
>>
File: pepe popart.jpg (81KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
pepe popart.jpg
81KB, 550x535px
>>87190816
arthur literally points it out, holy shit
>>
>>87187575
>>87187745
Honestly both look like shit becaise of the actor's shit body. He looks like a fridge, not superohero-like at all.
>>87187745 this one looks great, the actor actually had the body and fits perfectly. The open face ruins it though.
>>
>>87191595
>not superhero-like at all
He looks like what The Tick is supposed to look like in the new Amazon Prime series. He consistently looks extra-sized compared to normal people (ex: doesn't ride in cars well without a sunroof to stick out the top of), and they add a lot of little tweaks to make him seem like he weighs as much as a Terminator

But yeah 2001 suit looks the best.
>>
I like the deconstruction of the superhero genre through comedy

Reminds me of dirk gently but better and less british
>>
>>87187575
I didn't think it was bad, but the new one is better. The Tick needs to be bright, due to the shows inherent silliness.
>>
The first suit has the texture of a fucking blue avocado
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.