[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>every major Charlie Chaplin movie is on imdb's top 250

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: charles-chaplin.jpg (16KB, 250x369px) Image search: [Google]
charles-chaplin.jpg
16KB, 250x369px
>every major Charlie Chaplin movie is on imdb's top 250

What gives? Are his films really that great or are the snobs just inflating the scores?
>>
>>87187407
Limelight and City Lights are my favorite. He's also given a lot of credit because he directed, wrote, produced, and even instructed the choreography of all his silent era movies. He even composed the music. There's a reason he's legendary. All the while being born extremely poor and uneducated with only his skills as an entertainer to get him through, which is a theme in most of his movies.

And if you watch his movies in Chronological order, they get better.
>>
>>87187606
>And if you watch his movies in Chronological order, they get better.

By this I mean that you will feel a change in how it goes from completely silent, to having more music and a plot, to finally having dialogue starting with The Great Dictator. You watch his style evolve, but at the same time you might feel like most of his silent era movies to be too similar since they all share the same main character which is the Little Tramp

Try watching the movies with an open mind and the context of the years they were shot in.
>>
harold lloyd> charlie chaplin
>>
File: Sherlock Jr.webm (3MB, 595x450px) Image search: [Google]
Sherlock Jr.webm
3MB, 595x450px
>>87187732
>>
>>87187732
added to the list to watch along with Buster Keaton
>>
File: egged_on.jpg?itok=apXxF94j.jpg (417KB, 1240x698px) Image search: [Google]
egged_on.jpg?itok=apXxF94j.jpg
417KB, 1240x698px
plebeians
>>
>>87187407

>snobs

While some of his films have social commentary, Chaplin was a comedian and his films were funny as fuck. You don't have to be a film student to enjoy them.
>>
>>87188044
shut up im gay
>>
File: CC_The_Kid_1921.jpg (328KB, 771x1161px) Image search: [Google]
CC_The_Kid_1921.jpg
328KB, 771x1161px
>>87188044
His comedy dramas were great too, especially, The Kid
>>
>>87187832
This is beyond genius, way ahead of his time.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.