[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Mocked Jon Snow >Hit on his sister >Betrayed Robb >Killed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 10

File: theon-greyjoy-1920.jpg (732KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
theon-greyjoy-1920.jpg
732KB, 1920x1080px
>Mocked Jon Snow
>Hit on his sister
>Betrayed Robb
>Killed Sir Rodrik, got Maester Luwin killed, killed two random farmboys
>Failed to realize Ramsay was evil
>Got his balls chopped off
>Helped Ramsay instead of slitting his throat while shaving him
>Helped Ramsay kill some Ironborn
>Refused to rejoin his sister
>Only had the chance to help Sansa because Brienne was fucking around with Stannis
>Killed Jon Wick's dog
>Rejoined his sister in time to do nothing of value
>Ran away from his uncle
>Apparently spent months dicking around on Stormpoint before telling the other Ironborn to help rescue his sister
>Won one fight during this entire period
Is he the most useless and annoying major character? You could cut him from the series and the only thing that changes is Bran and Rickon needing another reason to leave Winterfell.
>>
>>87186527
>giving a shit about GoT
>posting a thread about GoT amid the dozens of equally shitty threads

You have no right to call anyone useless, OP.
>>
>>87186583
This
>>
>>87186527
The entire point of his character is that he (almost) always makes the wrong decision, that's what his scene with Jon was about in the last episode
>>
>>87186527
I am really glad I decided to read all the books before Dance of Dragons came out.

Theon/Reek is probably the one character that you could never get across on screen properly.
>>
Is Alfie Allen destined to be cast as a shit for the rest of his career
>>
And ironically the most complex character
>>
>>87186736
>Theon/Reek is probably the one character that you could never get across on screen properly.
>His chapter titles change along with his mentality
>his final chapter is Theon
>>
>>87186527
>Hit on his sister
He didn't hit on her he fucking fingerblasted her salt water cunt on horseback while she moaned like a whore.
>>
File: Littlefinger-and-Ned-Stark.jpg (62KB, 800x336px) Image search: [Google]
Littlefinger-and-Ned-Stark.jpg
62KB, 800x336px
why is aidan such a weirdo everywhere we see him
>>
>>87186868
Please delete.
>>87186837
This. Theon is one of the only believable or even likable characters on the show. He is a man who was stripped bare of everything he has ever owned even his own manhood. And yet still he clings to life. He still tries to go on for the chance one day things won't suck so much dick.
>>
>>87186583
Absolutely this.
>>
>>87186868
And its mostly his own thoughts while going through that process.

Showing Theon get tortured and forced to be Reek doesn't have the same impact. That was at least my experience.

Still think Alfie did a great job as Theon and it's a shame that they forgot to continue his arc until the very last minute when it was convenient.
>>
>>87186923
>fingerblasted her salt water cunt on horseback while she moaned like a whore.
>Asha tries to tell him she let him do it because "it was just a prank bro"
>later chapters show she gets wets over the idea that half the men in her crew want to fuck her and she loves it when one of them forces himself on her
>>
>>87186736
Yep. It's so fundamentally mental that you couldn't portray it on screen without using nonsensical metaphors and shit
>>
>>87187069
Theon x Yara is the thinking man's ship.
>>
>tfw alfie almost fingerblasted lilly cause she was supposedly going to play the character, but backed out when she heard this scene would happen
>>
>change Asha to Yara to avoid confusion with Osha
>Kill off Osha
Wtf did D&D mean by this?
>>
>>87187176
I just saw that article by googling Theon x Yara. What could have been.
>>
>>87187160
>yara
Fuck off show fag
>>
>>87186923
>>87187069
Wait, is this real? I haven't read the books. Did she really trick him into fucking her?
>>
>>87187281

That's her name, faggot. No one cares about your books.
>>
>>87187289
that literally happened in the show the exact same way though??
>>
>>87187395
Niiger wut!
>>
>>87187289
Theon shows up the iron islands to try and convince his dad to help Rob
Asha was hanging around the port waiting for him but introduces herself as someone else and starts flirting with Theon and rides with him to Balons castle, along the way she let's Theon kiss her, grope her tits and finger her while she plays with his dick and grinds against it
When they get to the castle she reveals she's his sister and she did all that "to find out what kind of person you became" ans guilt trips him over not recognizing her even though he was 5 when the Starks took him away and he's 18 at the time this happens in the story
>>
>>87186819
yes
>>
>>87187347
Show wouldn't exist without the book tv only fag
>>
>>87187487
but that's supposed to be the kind of person iron islanders like though??

like they're all weirdo rapists
>>
>>87186736
this, theon's character is building up to something great in the books, i really hope the series dont downplay it because of the whole "women are better then men" bullshit.
>>
>>87187487
It's only weird when Greyjoy's do it.
>>
>>87186527
This guy was ultimate loser in real life with a bully of a sister. Plot twist, he still is after all those years on a hit show where he plays a pathetic dick-less character ironically.
>>
File: 03b.png (108KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
03b.png
108KB, 400x381px
>>87187802
>lily allen will never bully you
>>
>>87187802
>Look I made up a story!
Whk are you supposed to be? The liberal media?
>>
>>87187579
Yeah but they all give Theon shit all the time for anything he does
Like Asha blames Theon for their mother dying because he was taken away even though it was against his will or how the crew of the ship he gets gives him shit for knowing how to ride a horse
One of Theons main motivations for his actions is that no matter where he goes hes an outsider, among the mainland northerners he's an outsider due to his father's attempted rebellion and back on the islands he's an outsider because he didn't grow up there and through the story every thing he does is either to distance and protect himself from others or to gain acceptance
That's how he goes from one of Robs most steadfast supporters to getting Winterfell burnt down so his father will say a kind word to him
>>
Was it his balls or was it his dick too? Can't you still cum without balls? I kinda tuned the show out after that happened because he didn't immediately go out in a blaze of glory, killing as many as possible after that. I try to put myself in that situation and the pain and embarrassment of it only leads me to believe mass revenge is the only option to not be a joke for eternity.
>>
>>87186527
>>Killed Jon Wick's dog
Made me chuckle.
>>
File: 1437356518172.png (518KB, 495x681px) Image search: [Google]
1437356518172.png
518KB, 495x681px
>>87186976
>>
>>87187600
Its better to just accept it now that there will be no satisfying resolution to most characters in the show. They have 6 episodes to wrap everything up so unless they decide to fuck over the actors with their insane per episode salary and do 3+ hour episodes there isn't much that can be done.

The battles and SFX/VFX will probably be pretty great thought. So there is at least that to look forward to.
>>
>>87188151
There hasn't been a single good big scale battle in the show aside from Blackwater.
>>
>>87187928
And somehow despite all of this I still can't bring myself to feel any sympathy for him due to all the shit he's done.
>>
>>87188011
You're probably thinking it was a quick chop but the book goes in more detail
Ramsay never just cut something off, first he would flay the appendage of all skin and leave the raw wound exposed for days and days and he would only finally cut something off if you begged him to do it
>>
>>87186527
WHEN DOES HE GET HIS DICK BACK
THEON DID NOTHING WORSE THAN ANYONE ELSE
THIS ISN'T RETRIBUTION
RAMSAY IS AN ASSPULL
>>
>>87186583
/thread
>>
>>87186976
The Wire was worst when he played a white straight male Democrat.
>>
>>87187802
>alfie allen is still the lesser sibling
>this reality
choose one.
>>
>>87188216
Blackwater always felt disappointing too me. Pixomondo did a great job on the wildfire on a tight schedule, but the scale of the entire fight felt way too small, and there was no fucking Garlan Tyrell charging the ranks in Renlys armor scaring the shit out of everyone.

The wagon train battle I really enjoyed even thought it had some retarded moments. They went way beyond most films in mixing special and visual effects. Guess I'm a sucker when they do both to compliment each other.
>>
>>87188515
It's all disappointing. This show has no concept of glory. I was however touched by Jaime 'St George' Lannister charging down the Dragon this latest season.
>>
>>87186736
>ACOK spends a lot to time explaining Ramseys backstory including Reek, so when DWD says "Reek" you understand the significance of Theons relationship to Ramsey
>In the show he's given the name Reek for no reason, just a name made up on the fly
>>
>>87188888
Noble digits, my friend.
>>
>>87188888
the whole acok reek story is pretty retarded though
>>
>>87188992
What about it is retarded.
>>
>>87186583
fpbp
>>
>>87189025
Well the bastard son of Robb's top general was just executed for forcibly marrying murdering and usurping a Lord widow, but it turns out that he swapped identities with his retarded disabled slave father figure servant, and is able to seize control of the capital as a prisoner by advising it's infiltrator into inviting his hostile army within the gates. Then he tortures his victim until he is transformed into becoming his retarded disabled slave father figure servant him self. It's pretty fucking strange, you have to admit.
>>
>>87189293
Of course it's strange. That's the point. The Boltons are deranged, sick people. It works because it disgusts us.
>>
>>87189452
Yep, it totally makes the story. I think the fantastical perverseness of the Boltons meshes terribly well with the relatability of Theon's suffering. It's some of GRRM's best work. I think he would do well to focus on his talent for writing realistic but exaggerated human evil, but I think he wants to dial back on all that since he's got the world's attention now.
>>
>>87187928
It also didn't help that his father is a massive prick.
>>
>>87187928
Tasteful analysis. Fuck these losers, Theon is /ourguy/ and I'm excited to see GRRM actually finish a real story about how a man can live after he's been forcibly castrated and lost his identity.
>>
Theon will be the Drowned God.
>>
>>87186604
>>87187015
>>87188339
>>87189034
samefag as fuck
>>
>>87190636
Theon is the Prince That Was Promised
>>
imagine actually reading the books lol

how dumb must you be to waste 1000s of hours reading this garbage when you could be reading the greatest novels of all time instead?
>>
>>87190832
>1000 hours
Slow reader brainlet detected
>>
>>87186527
>Killed Jon Wick's dog

I forgot about this. Theon is beyond redemption.
>>
>>87186527
Shit character, good actor
>>
>>87187802

He's dating a hot as fuck DJ and is making bank on one of the most popular shows ever. If he's a loser then we're all miles below that.
>>
>>87186527
>didnt read the season 8 script

ur in for some fun
>>
>>87187891
His sister even wrote a song about him describing him as a useless pot smoking NEET.
>>
>>87191079
The guy who played Ramsey was pretty good as well, it's a shame D&D just had the two of them act out the same scene week after week
>>
>>87187229
Wait that's really the reason they did it? Jesus fucking Christ they think that the viewers are literally retarded, and I'm sure they're actually right about that.
>>
>>87191148
that was years ago
>>
Theon was the only character I hated when I read through all the books, but then I looked into his situation more and he got a really bad fucking hand. He's a prick but he had a hard life and didn't deserve what happened to him.

I think his best course of action would have been just bailing from the Iron Islands after his dad said he wouldn't make peace to get back to Robb, but I'm sure his dad wouldn't let him leave and stuff.
>>
File: Balon_kneels.png (1MB, 1110x720px) Image search: [Google]
Balon_kneels.png
1MB, 1110x720px
Robert should have genocided the Ironborn during Balon’s rebellion and made Stannis Lord of the Western Isles.
>>
>Grow up as a hostage (fortunatly you get an honorable master)
>Feel alienated from your people, have no relationship with your family, no sense of identity
>Get an opportunity to impress your father/benefit your family and maybe go home
>Commit a horrible crime (I get that you wanna be a legit Greyjoy but killing kids ain't cool dude)
>FUCK IT ALL UP
>Get tortured by the most sadistic guy in Westeros day in and day out for MONTHS
>BRUTAL physical and mental torture every day
>Get your dick and balls chopped off (might as well kill yourself at this point my man)
>Become a psychologically-obliterated fuckboi slave for your own torturer
>Constantly humiliated in public by aforementioned torturer
>Finally reunite with your family
>The public humiliation begins again but this time you are just humiliating yourself because your are a literal walking humiliation
>Struggle to regain the little sense of self you had in the first place as your family is constantly getting rekt around you
>You are powerless to intervene and are forced to watch your house ruin itself as you walk around mumbling to yourself covered in scars with no honor or dick or balls

JUST END HIS FUCKING SUFFERING ALREADY
MACUMBER WILLED HIMSELF INTO EXISTENCE SO THAT THEON GREYJOY COULD SUFFER IN HIS EYE
JUST KILL HIM ALREADY JESUS CHRIST
>>
>>87192232
It's a pretty reasonable change from screenwriting perspective. Asha/Osha are too similar sounding to easily distinguish when spoken, especially in a show with people speaking in thick accents.
Don't forget, Theon did have scenes with both of these characters, so confusion about who he was referring to could arise.
>>
>>87186527
>Killed Jon Wick's dog
RIP SWEET PRINCE!
>>
>>87193326
>reintroduced as Reek in 2011, in the most recent book, as a cliffhanger setup to a moment of great redemption and heroism
>TWoW never comes out
>must exist in terrible HBO character limbo, will not do anything meaningful for the story at large, and will never do something that matters. Won't redeem himself, won't answer the question of what a fool who has been tortured into being less of man can become, won't be worth it.
END IT
>>
>>87193718
>Won't redeem himself
Nah man, he saved Jeyne Poole and as a preview chapter showed is perfectly fine with Stan is setting him on fire
>>
File: 1395943050352.png (448KB, 455x395px) Image search: [Google]
1395943050352.png
448KB, 455x395px
>>87186527
> Killed John Wick's dog
>>
>You're a Greyjoy and a Stark

What the FUCK did Jon mean by this?

This fucker sacked Wintefell and got many Northerners under the Stark's protection killed. Some he killed himself. Jon wouldn't have even had to retake Winterfell from Ramsay if it weren't for Reek.

Jon should have killed him the moment he saw him.
>>
>>87194618
Jon wasn't quite a Stark himself. He understands.
>>
>>87194618
>he's a show fag
>he completely missed all of Theons characterization in the books
>he doesn't know Theon admits that his real father died on the steps of the great sept or that he fantasized about one day marrying Sansa and officially becoming part of the family
>>
>>87186527
yea why didn't he just become an invincible assassin like arya and teleport behind all his enemies
>>
>>87194741
This is Theon's real issue on the show. He is an actual real character amongst walking fanservice dispensers.
>>
He's unironically my favorite character. When he dies, I'll drop the show. I find all his dillemas interesting.
>>
File: got-6-14.jpg (22KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
got-6-14.jpg
22KB, 500x281px
I enjoyed every minute of his torture and descent into insanity. Fucking traitor deserved it. He should have stayed a beaten Bolton dog, my only regret is that we didn't get a Ramsay rapes Theon scene.
>>
>>87186527
All of this and I would still doubt that any normie even really understands/remembers who he is. Nobody gives a shit about Theon, his arc, or his development. Nobody. Seriously this actor needs to be thanking his lucky stars that somehow, some way he managed to stay on this show for all 8 fucking seasons.
>>
File: 1497203606424.png (686KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1497203606424.png
686KB, 720x540px
>>87186604
>>87187015
>>87188339
>>87189034
>samefagging this hard
>being this much of an edgelord
literally kys you're self
>>
>>87195246
Fuck you. he's the best character on the show.
>>
>>87186527
A FUCKING PENCIL
>>
>>87195019
I realized this today, I'm rewatching all seasons for the first time since they aired, on season 5 right now, and honestly Theon and Stannis are the two most real characters. I always wondered why I liked both of them despite the fact that they both kind of suck in their own ways, but it's because they're fucking real. They're the only main characters on the show who aren't "fantasy characters"....or caricatures
>>
>>87195028
>reduced to raiding coastal villages as a crewman until very recently
>not even commanding a fleet of his own
Worst nobleman, but most human character
>>
As a "servant" he was treated fairly well by the Starks, better than his own dad. Treated even better than Jon Snow who had Stark blood. His betrayal made little sense.
>>
>>87186583
Fpbp
>>
>>87195564
He just wanted somewhere he completely belonged. One scene that always sticks out to me is when he saved Bran's life from Osha and the wildlings only to get bitched out by Robb for firing his bow near Bran. If he was Robb's real brother I don't think it goes down like that. The Starks never completely trusted him outside of Robb, and instead of being welcomed by his blood relatives with open arms, he was humiliated by them. He wanted to prove himself to anyone he could.
>>
>>87186527
>Killed Jon Wick's dog
Legit make me laugh
>>
>>87195564
>His betrayal made little sense.
It amazes me how fucking naive some people can be
>>
>>87195564
>Ward
Not the same as a servant
>>
>>87187518

The books are never going to be finished. GRR is an obese 68 year old man who could have a heart attack at any moment, that is if he doesn't straight up die of old age.

It has been 6 years since he started Winds and by the looks it will be his last book, the series will go unfinished. The only ending you are even going to get is through the show.
>>
>>87186527

Do you think anyone IRL would've remained unbroken under Ramsay's torture?

Like Russian special forces, Navy seals, etc..?
>>
>>87196215
Yeah Theon wasn't a trained professional.

There are people who wouldn't have said anything, in fact Ramsay isn't awake all the time and you could just hold your breathe until you die if you really needed too.
>>
>>87196293
>you could just hold your breathe until you die if you really needed too.
yeah that's not physically possible, dipshit
>>
>>87196293
You would pass out and resume breathing
>>
>>87196376

Yeah LOL. I just want to know if it's possible. That breakdown made me question, would anyone throw their loved ones away if they're being flayed like that?
>>
>>87188127
(you)
>>
>>87196215
It's hard to say for sure, but I always found it far fetched that Theon would be THAT affected by it, at least in that way. If a dude cuts your dick off and tortures you, why would you have a mental break where you become his obedient pet? Sure you might lose your mind, but you'd want to fucking murder the guy who did that to you, not obey him and be his slave.

Just more evidence of how much of a fucking hack GRRM is.
>>
>>87197670
How about we do this anon, I'll flay your dick and leave it a skinless chunk of meat until you beg me to cut it off and we'll see how your state of mind is and if you would do anything I say just to make the pain stop
>>
>>87186527
he's one of the most compelling character arcs in the show and one of the most endearing characters in general - i wish d&d would stop hating him
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.