[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

>It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs.

What did he mean by this? Parsecs are units of distance
How can you make something in less distance?
>>
Space and time bend around mass
>>
>>87185431
He flew dangerously close to ur moms pusy
>>
>>87185431
he took a risky shortcut by flying very close to a group of black holes. less distance travelled = fewer parsecs. google is ur friend
>>
He obviously took a dangerous shortcut that most don't
>>
He took a dangerous shortcut nobody else considered taking
>>
>>87185431
Lucas didn't know shit about space, nerds retroactively explained what Harrison meant when he said that line
>>
>>87185598
Wait I just made this up, is it actually true?
>>
IIRC the Kessel run goes around black holes or some shit and shortening the distance of the run means going closer to them which would require a fast ship to break free of their gravity or some shit
Alternatively its Star Wars, stop being autistic
>>
File: genesis.jpg (49KB, 349x530px) Image search: [Google]
genesis.jpg
49KB, 349x530px
>nobody ever talks about this guy
>>
>>87185431
He meant he made the biggest shortcut through the hyperspace. He travelled 12 parsecs where there should be much more distance between the point A and point B.
>>
>>87185431
>He doesn't use wormholes in time and space to travel distance in less distance
>He actually does the Kessel Run at one parsec per parsec

Get a load of this pleb
>>
File: 1497067019411.jpg (52KB, 517x524px) Image search: [Google]
1497067019411.jpg
52KB, 517x524px
>>87185431
He's shitposting.
>>
File: asd.png (40KB, 144x105px) Image search: [Google]
asd.png
40KB, 144x105px
>>87185431
They going to show kessel run in han solo movie and it will be a seizure inducing nightmare.
>>
>>87185431
The Kessel Run is a traveling salesman problem
>>
>>87185686
I haven't seen that guy in such a long time.
>>
>>87185954
Also he'd do it for Jabba and get his iconic blaster from Woody.
>>
what the fuck is a parsnip?
>>
File: ford.jpg (7KB, 303x276px) Image search: [Google]
ford.jpg
7KB, 303x276px
>>87185431
kys
>>
>>87186015
chewie keeps growling because it turns out he's proved that P=NP but nobody understands him and he just gets more and more frustrated
>>
File: 1469393677004.jpg (12KB, 250x314px) Image search: [Google]
1469393677004.jpg
12KB, 250x314px
>>87185431
He was full of shit, and it took the innate genius of Rey to see through his con artist bullshit.

She basically bypassed his facade and revealed the utter bollocks underneath the arrogant mask of Han Solo.
>>
>>87185431
He was testing to see how big of a rube the old man was to gauge how much he should charge. Cut to Ben Kenobi with a ”negro, please. Distance =/= speed."-look on his face. Han's a fucking swindler. Then some douche EU writer takes him literally, and decides there is a shortcut for the Kessel run that is dangerously close to black holes. Only a super fast ship can take that route and not be sucked in.
>>
In that due to its impressive speed the relativistic effects of length contraction meant in essence the falcon covered the Kessel run in less than the aforementioned 12 parsecs. Brainlet.
>>
>>87186930

And yet we're going to get a Young Solo movie that will probably show the Kessel Run as Solo suggested.
>>
>>87185431
George Lucas didn't know what a parsec was when he wrote the script. Then some EU writer tried to fix his mistake by coming up with >>87185580
>>
>>87185650
>>87185598
Yeah. In lore the kessel run goes round a black hole, Han managed to cut across part of it hence the 12 parsecs!
>>
>>87185580
I do like this explanation but I also hate that nothing can just be a flaw with SW fans, they have to canonize every little mistake.
>>
>>87185851
This. The script for the movie straight up states that the reaction from Ben was that he knew he was pulling a fast one, and that Han realized he wasn't dealing with an idiot like he had thought.

Any attempt to make it sound legit is a retcon that detracts from the scene.
>>
>>87186584
Why was the devil in Star Wars?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.