[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where the fuck are people getting this retarded headcanon that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

Where the fuck are people getting this retarded headcanon that Rhaegar needed his son to be named 'Aegon' in order to fulfill the prophecy? At no point was that established anywhere ever. And if he just really wants the Prince that was Promised to be called 'Aegon' so bad that he would name both of his sons the same thing, it would have been nice for them to say so at some point over the last seven fucking years.
>>
FINALLY, I HAVE BECOME A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE
>>
>>87167764
he didn't need it. but it made sense if the child of prophecy would be aegon the conqueror come again.

not the first time this was though. people thought daemon blackfyre was aegon come again.

doesn't matter if they're both named aegon. jon umber the father named his son jon umber.

so you have the great jon and small jon. the kids could've been given a nickname or you may simply call them the aegon the elder or aegon the younger.

it's not a as big of a deal people are making it out to be. during the dance of dragons two of the boys were named aegon.
>>
>>87167859
>jon umber the father named his son jon umber.

That's not the same thing at all. People name their kids after themselves or after their parents all the time (Donald Trump Junior, Rex Smythe-Higgins III, etc). With the exception of Michael Jackson, who was an enormous meme person, people name their kids after each other approximately never.

>it's not a as big of a deal people are making it out to be.

Yes it is. It's another example of sloppy writing. It could have been fixed with a single line of dialogue acknowledging it, but once again they shot themselves in the foot by making it look like a mistake. If it was done on purpose, all they have to do is lampshade it by having Sam look at Bran and go, "Huh, wasn't Prince Rhaegar's firstborn also named Aegon? That's kind of fucked up, eh?" or something to that effect. Instead, they just throw it out there with no explanation and will, for the next two fucking years, have people talking about how stupid it is and denigrating the brand even further than they already have. It's bad writing no matter which way you spin it.
>>
>>87168093
the point that I was making is that you can differentiate between the two if need be.

I would've like for him to be named aemon but I have no problem with him being aegon.
>>
>>87167764
What's the big deal? People do this in real life.
>>
>>87168178
> People do this in real life.

As I said, Michael Jackson did that and people thought it was crazy. They think that because no one ever fucking does that.
>>
>>87168178
Where? Where do people do this in real life? Do you know of anyone who is named after their older brother? It was a fucking joke on Newhart that registered as a joke because it was was so ridiculous.
>>
>>87168316
you just sound butthurt because you didn't get the name you wanted
>>
>>87168137
I would have liked for him to be named Aenys, myself. We haven't been introduced to an Aenys Targaryen yet, but we know they've existed and it sounds like the word anus.
>>
>>87168390
>the name you wanted

I don't give a fuck what his name is. I don't have a wish list of Targaryen names I was hoping Jon would receive. All I really want is that it not be balls fucking stupid, but apparently that's asking too much from D&D.
>>
>>87168355
George Foreman's sons (and one of his daughters) are one of many examples
>>
>>87167801
>not (farts)
>>
>>87167764
god he really needs to shave that scraggly beard off his face.
>>
where are you people getting this headcanon that he's called aegon?

She clearly says eggon.
>>
>>87168446
you sound butthurt
>>
>>87169241
You sound like you lost an argument and have resulted to throwing meme terms in place of substantive thoughts.
>>
>>87169561
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee muh two aegons reeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>87169628
Oh my goodness, i'm so BTFO. How will I ever recover. Have you ever considered a career as an attorney?
>>
>>87168396
>hmm Anon is making a fair point
>and it sounds like the word anus.
Fucking lol
>>
File: 1504186403507.jpg (33KB, 220x287px) Image search: [Google]
1504186403507.jpg
33KB, 220x287px
>>87167764
>>
File: 1504257971913.png (495KB, 647x485px) Image search: [Google]
1504257971913.png
495KB, 647x485px
>>87167764
>and your other Aegon
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.