[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>movie takes place in a phantasmagorical and fantastical dreamscape

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_9329.jpg (32KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9329.jpg
32KB, 182x268px
>movie takes place in a phantasmagorical and fantastical dreamscape where the only limit is ones imagination
>looks like it was filmed in vancover
>>
what did you expect? a salvador dali esque landscape? how would they do that
>>
>Ree muh unicorns, I dream of an oily fagtasy every time I close my eyes

kys
>>
>>87128021
Yeah, well that's the limit of Nolan's imagination.

>>87128058
Bunuel did that in the 20s with a fraction of the money. Imagination is an unthinkable superpower to you Nolanbros, isn't it?
>>
>>87128104
>I dream of Leo's big mongoloid face and special effects ripped off from Paprika every time I close my eyes

bleak life
>>
File: 220px-Paprikaposter.jpg (25KB, 220x311px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Paprikaposter.jpg
25KB, 220x311px
That's why anime >>> live-action
>>
>>87128021
the sterile/vague yet tidy look of the van dream and the hotel dream captured the essence of a regular dream
many people doing nothing at all yet looking busy
it made us feel like the setting was completely detached from the world
>>
>dreams feel real while we dream

Is a literal quote from the movie. And it's true, if you say that your dreams look like surrealist art you are lying

I mean one of the main themes is the main character not being able to distinguish dreams from reality.
>>
>>87128269
>the sterile/vague yet tidy look of the van dream and the hotel dream captured the essence of tax shelter-dependent film production.

ftf thee
>>
>>87128303
The point is that our dreams frequently DO look surreal but they seem completely normal to us when we're experiencing them - only on waking do we notice the odd details. You don't dream because you're the kind of person who thinks multiplex movies are art. You were born to be cattle. Inception is on your level, enjoy peonage.
>>
>>87128303
But we do not watch the movie from the character's perspective, do we?
Dreams are more often than not vague and absurd, but we only realize it when we wake up.
>>
>>87128140
>Bunuel did that in the 20s with a fraction of the money.
>A silent film that is 15 minutes long and is only good if you're watching it while stoned and watching it with your pretentious art school friends.
Why are you comparing a throwaway expiremental film to a modern day blockbuster?
>>
>>87128355
were you really expecting a heist thriller to look like a Lynch joint?
>>
Dreams usually take place in familiar or real-looking locations, it's just that nothing makes any sense. This is a problem for a movie that's trying to tell a coherent story.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.