[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, It was Kino. Maybe they shouldn't have called it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

File: netflix-death-note.jpg (186KB, 890x501px) Image search: [Google]
netflix-death-note.jpg
186KB, 890x501px
Okay, It was Kino.

Maybe they shouldn't have called it Death Note, because of the angry weebs. But still it was kino.

I watched the anime, I think they should've made it a series and not a movie, but whatever.

Nig L was based too.
>>
>>87118839
Stop trying to force this meme
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-11-23-20-48-1.png (800KB, 1080x986px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-11-23-20-48-1.png
800KB, 1080x986px
Stop
>>
>>87118839
i didnt understand the ending. did L write his name in the book?
>>
>>87118839
Bad movie.
Terrible Death Note adaptation.
>>
>>87118839
L in this movie was an idiot. He did nothing at all, just figure who kira was with a bullshit plan that could have thrown out like a million peoole, and act like an angry kid. This movie feels like a teenage movie with blood. It is fucking stupid even if you haven't seen the anime. You must be a teenager.
>>
>>87118839
agree
>>
Nigga L was cool until he broke down and stole the cop car, after that it was unbelievable
Mia on the other hand was perfect start to finish
>>
Good character
But bad L
>>
>>87118862
>>87118869
>>87119337
You have to go back
>>
>>87119851
L was great. Just the right amount of autism.
>>
>>87118839
>nig doing the asian squat

um...cultural appropriation is NOT ok
>>
>>87122295
Too emotional and impulsive. Stole a vehicle and caused untold amounts of property damage before chasing Light down on foot armed with a gun. He's pretty stupid too. Knows that Kira needs a name and face to harm people yet he allows his handler to basically be public knowledge, reveals his own face, and taunts Kira on multiple occasions. Started well before getting ruined later in the movie.
>>
Scenes with music on background is kino.
>>
>>87118839
>Good soundtrack (apart from the cheesy love song near end that shouldn't have been in it)
>Fucking good CGI: I am surprised how well they did the Ferris Wheel scene. It looked miles better than any DCEU movie
>Willem Dafoe was 10/10 even though he had less screen time compared to Leto's Joker in Suicide Squad
>Good Blood and gore (even though it felt unnecessary because the movie didn't revolve much around us seeing much violence but anyway was glad they put those realistic death scenes in). Again, I haven't seen such realistic death scenes in a 2017 movie
>Fucking good cinematography (that scene when Riok's face is blurred in background when talking to Light was perfectly shot)

Worse of all was the pacing and I have not seen the anime but my friend told me how Light never told anyone about his powers so possibly it would have been better if he didn't tell that girl he knew in school about.

Movie should have been possibly an hour longer and we slowly see WHY people begin to follow Kira.

I'd give it a 7/10 because it has good acting (scene when Light first sees Riok yes needed to be changed cos he was screaming and whining too much but movie had good dialogue and acting when Light talks to his father etc good family dialogue) along with great cinematography, lighting, CGI and music.
>>
>>87122388
but that showed L's close relationship with Watari. It especially showed how close they were when L wrote Light's name in the Death Note as revenge.
>>
>>87122517
Visuals and one performance does not save an entire movie. Almost every other performance was outright bad and the writing was nothing short of terrible. The latter is even worse when you compare it to the source material.
>>
>>87122409
>Scenes with music on background is kino.
This song is fucking legendary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUqdw8l4zJI

Reminded me of the movie The Guest

>Same director
OHHHHHH
>>
File: L.jpg (124KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
L.jpg
124KB, 1600x900px
>>87118839
>Nig L was based too.
I actually cannot find fault with this guy's performance at all. He played the role of a "obsessed detective" very well.
>>
>>87122601
>Almost every other performance was outright bad
You are making this up. Actually tell me a scene you find bad. Every actor did a perfect job with the script and acted their heart out.

Again I am not talking about Light meeting Riok cos we all know that wasn't good acting BUT the rest was perfect
>>
>>87122723
The actors couldn't overcome the aforementioned terrible writing. It happens. Do you really consider these perfect performances? Everything felt like a weak imitation of the anime. Tone regularly slipped between what I assume was unintentionally comedic and the most serious thing in the world.
>>
>>87122723
The scene where Light was screaming when he first saw Ryuk.
>>
>>87118839
i aint watching this but i wanna know whats the film about
i guess m/n dont appear right?
does lighto die ?
does rem or the blonde marisa or sth appear?
does it have anything to do with the animu?

spoil it for me please
>>
File: 1503720927575.gif (1MB, 316x320px) Image search: [Google]
1503720927575.gif
1MB, 316x320px
>>87118839
Horrible pacing, overall shit character development, and awkward story. Only saving graces were the soundtrack, cinematography, and black L's acting being the only solid performance. Rest was shit, Should have been a series.

>>87122632
Although that chase scene was the best fucking part of the movie.
>>
>>87123057
The plot is entirely different from the anime.
M and N are not in the movie.
Light dies, L finds a page of the Death Note and kills Light for revenge for killing Watari as the last scene
No Rem, no blonde Marisa, but Light gets a cutie black-haired gf who likes killing people.
>>
>>87123057
Mia is the mastermind. She pushes for the killings and outsmarts both L and Light. Although this is presented as a "twist" and the movie tries to make you think Ryuk was acting on his own. Light is still the main character, however, he doesn't resemble the source material at all and is essentially an autistic, thirsty puppy in a romance with Mia. L starts somewhat faithful to his namesake before devolving into an emotional mess of a character.
>>
I really hate how Light was portrayed on this adaptation. He was supposed to be a genius with a sense of justice yet the adaption portrayed him as some emo kid deprived from sleep. He had 0 confidence and is not arrogant enough. It's like Netflix purposely butchered this show.
>>
>>87123074
>hunched over L
pure kino
>>
>>87118839
It was kind of funny when anons were pretending that BvS had any entertainment value. But they ran that contrarian train into the ground pretty quick. Point is, you're not funny, OP.
>>
File: j80cre.png (329KB, 950x394px) Image search: [Google]
j80cre.png
329KB, 950x394px
>>87122723
>>87122889
>AAAAIEEEEEEEEE
Surely this was for comical effect, r-right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cixE6d9gW9A
>>
>>87123074
Literally the virgin run
>>
Why'd they cut the potato chip scene?
>>
>>87123452
It didn't test well.
>>
>>87118839
>>87122691
>>87122723
>>87122850
>>87123074
>>87123190
Didn't almost all the actors choose not to research the source material for this movie? I remember Dafoe saying something along the lines, so I definitely know he didn't. The guy who played L must have been the only one because of his performance.
>>
>>87118839
Having L sit like that was stupid. I understand he does it in the weeb thing, but this is why we adapt things.
>>
>>87123671
Wouldn't that sort of thing, mannerisms, you know, be requested by the director, rather than being left up to the actor?
>>
>>87123746
It helps if the actors know who they're portraying in an adaptation of something so the director doesn't always have to keep up with that sort of shit. I could also imagine it being difficult for one person to describe the types of mannerisms the characters need to have, especially since the source material is an anime.
>>
>>87122723
I hope to god you don't operate a vehicle.
>>
File: 1504107859501.png (145KB, 1004x584px) Image search: [Google]
1504107859501.png
145KB, 1004x584px
weebs are still at it?
>>
>>87124164
>weebs
a great way to dismiss valid criticism, huh?
>>
>>87119519
anime is for children
>>
File: 1502430379645.jpg (298KB, 1082x1404px) Image search: [Google]
1502430379645.jpg
298KB, 1082x1404px
>>87122723
>>
>>87124193
DAMAGE C O N T R O L
>>
>>87123746
Why would you need to learn their mannerism if they entirely change the motivation and personality of every major character in the show?
It's just fucking lazy, more shit writers making shit fanfic and a bunch of overpaid actors coasting on it for an easy payday.
>>
If you legally change you name after your old name was written in the Death Note, will you survive? If you legally change you before your new name is written in the Death Note, will you survive?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.