[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your reaction at this scene (if you didn't know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 20

File: file.png (507KB, 654x368px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
507KB, 654x368px
What was your reaction at this scene (if you didn't know the spoilers) at the time?

Literally felt sick, a bit nauseous, was watching this series for the first time in 2015

got up and talked to my cousin in the other room "they killed everyone, they killed everyone" and started to look at the wall thinking, really couldn't believe
>>
File: 1503689582896.jpg (7KB, 240x232px) Image search: [Google]
1503689582896.jpg
7KB, 240x232px
>>
>>87115261
This scene had a far less intense impact on me compared to when Ned dies.

Ned's death is still the saddest death, regardless of how naive he was.
>>
Yeah I was mad since I really liked Robb.
>>
>>87115440
This
>>
>>87115261
I started watching this show from the beginning this month, before I thought that this show was just full of sex and incest and they wouldn't go that far.
No way could they kill the guy who just died's son but they did. It got me hooked into the series because it was very different from the usual stuff I saw.But now the series is just disappointing.
>>
>>87115261
I had the same feeling reading the chapter, but watching it I was trying not to hide my laughter at everyone around me freaking out.
>>
the way that guy slices catelyn's throat at the end looked really awkward to me
>>
I knew what was coming but was still horrified when Talisa got killed since Robb's wife lives in the books
>>
Robb is handsome af so I was pissed
>>
File: talisa.gif (3MB, 515x290px) Image search: [Google]
talisa.gif
3MB, 515x290px
>>87115548
literally the best and most brutal part of the entire thing
>>
>>87115261
>What was your reaction at this scene
No reaction, since I read the books before the show came out
>>
remember when this show used to show dick and bush? goddamn it sucks now
>>
>>87115261

got peaked at this moment
>>
>>87115261
I went from "holy shit no" to "well, he had this coming, you don't insult an entire house then waltz into their castle unarmed" in a few seconds. Genuinely loved it.
>>
>>87115622
(if you didn't know the spoilers)
>>
>>87115261

really awkward directing, actor queues, the way roose bolton kind of popped in out of nowhere and then just as fast walked off camera so that catelyn could have her moment... it was wrong. i feel bad for whoever directed the scene, i feel worse for whoever had to edit it because i'm sure the footage must have all been shit if that's the best that they could do.
>>
>>87115548
The creators purposely did that to shock readers.
>>
>>87115740
The Freys were vassals to house Tully, they had no right to ask for marriage just for military access.
>>
I read the books and knew it was coming. I was looking forward to it, but as the episode progressed, I was getting more and more anxious.
>>
>>87115261

I saw it on the day of its premiere and unfortunately someone at my school at the time spoiled that Cat and possibly Robb were going to bite the dust, plus I had heard of something called RW or the Red Wedding. Still took me off guard and felt a tad nauseous watching it.
>>
i read the books and wasn't watching the show at the time, but it was pretty hilarious seeing the reactions of showfags when it came out
>>
>>87115261
this scene was terrible. it was the whole way it was written and directed to be as dramatic as possible and drag on. it felt like i was being purposefully manipulated. this scene right here is the exact point game of reddit went to complete shit. this scene was designed for women who enjoy constantly being hammered with emotional garbage
>>
I knew they were gonna get massacred as soon as I heard the musicians playing the Rains of Castamere. Those idiot Starks had like 5 minutes to get the fuck out but no...
>>
This shit has nothing on Oberyn dying.
>>
>>87116523
Oberyn was an unlikeable Chad faggot, based Mountain exploded him like he deserved to.
>>
>>87115261
I started watching GoT early. I got into it when the first season was going, got about 4 episodes in and realized I watned to read the books.

I read all books and watched the rest of the first.

I knew it was coming so it probably didn't hit me as hard as it did most people, it was still very sad and depressing.... but no television death had ever hit me so hard as the death of Jimmy on Boardwalk Empire. I've had Jimmy's life almost *identically* (minus the motherfucking) and his disposition was very similar to mine. I expected him to be a major player for many seasons and it broke my fucking heart when they killed him. I was very depressed about it for at least two weeks and had to strongly debate with myself if I really wanted to watch that show anymore. I decided to watch the rest of the series and honestly, I wish I hadn't, after they killed Jimmy the show lost its rudder and meandered terribly. It had a couple of decent seasons then 3 terrible ones.
>>
>>87115992
Then the Tullys should've fucked them up eh? Lmao @ those worthless pussies.
>>
>>87116556
if Oberyn met you IRL he'd probably be chill and invite you to party with him but the "based" Mountain would rape your mom and probably kill you too
>>
>>87115992
>they had no right to ask for marriage just for military access
Lol. They controlled the crossing. The King of the North and the Riverlands, an unmarried man, needed to cross. He couldn't afford to fight or negotiate, not enough time. The Freys made the smart choice asking for the marriage pact.
>>
>>87115261
I unironically laughed my ass off. I knew it was coming because I read the books and without the surprise you really notice how awkwardly coordinated it was, not to mention it they literally stab the shit out of a pregnant women before the brawny soldiers and that hilarious ending with Cat screaming for like 3 minutes and casually cutting the throat of that wife of Walder Frey.
>>
>>87115992
this makes too much sense. are there any bookfags that care to comment?
>>
>>87116632
what a shitty basis for a marriage. "pledge your life to love and protect my daughter or I will betray all of my oaths of loyalty just to spite you"
>>
>>87116772
Not really. It's pretty straightforward.

>"You want to cross? You want me to help you in your way? Marry one of my daughters."
>"Ok."

It's Robb's own fault for agreeing. He could have married a Frey girl off to Edmure Tully to begin with. And then Robb broke that oath. It's true that Frey broke every rule in the Westerosi honor book too, he's scum. But Robb provoked him.And honestly, no matter how sacred the tradition of "guest rite" is, you would have to be a moron to walk in unarmed into the castle of a man you just grievously insulted while you're losing a war that he was never enthusiastic about helping you with to begin with.
>>
>>87116892
*help you in your war
>>
>>87115261
I was surprised but not super duper surprised. I always had the inkling that Jon was really the main character the whole time because he was sent to the wall and that's closest to the White Walker threat.

The first scene of the first episode in season 1 featured WWs so that tells you right there that they were the main threat.
>>
>>87115548
How did they get away with stabbing a preggo in the belly? Imagine the social media outrage if it aired today
>>
>>87116994
it's fiction
>>
I read the books so I knew it was coming. Used to watch season 3 with this cute girl in my econ class in college and every week we would talk about GoT and she would ask me questions about the books and I knew she loved Robb so I would tell her how important Robb was and how he was such a vital part of the books and how "the one character you don't have to worry about is Robb, don't worry" when she would ask about which characters would die. She literally was in tears that night. And she got pissed at me for like three days
>>
>>87116718
They probably *could* have negotiated a bit on Frey's price for military alliance and crossing privleges. Perhaps offered him marriage rights into the Tully family instead. But his asking price was too high and he probably would have accepted a good, but lesser, option.

HOWEVER, the Starks did royally fuck him by offering to marry his progeny into their family and then breaking their oath. They had to know fucking a man like Walder Frey was bound to have consequences....

Though I had already read the books and I knew the Red Wedding was coming, I suspect I would have realized anyhow just by Walder's general tone in that episode.

But I think had they just offered a Tully intermarriage from the beginning as a counter-offer, it probably would have been fine.

Generally, nobles in the middle ages married for political alliances and power, as is the case here. They had women on the side for love.

Robb should have married the Frey girl and had his lover on the side. that's something I'm sure Walder would have understood....
>>
File: Catelyn_dies.jpg (192KB, 1362x766px) Image search: [Google]
Catelyn_dies.jpg
192KB, 1362x766px
*record scratch*
*freeze frame*
>Yep that's me. You're probably wondering how I got into this situation. Well, capture a couple of Lannisters and let them both go and before you know it your throat is slit open at your brother's wedding.
>>
>>87115495
Fucking same. Grinning like a retard, glad I could be part of it.
>oh jeez what's this episode gonna be about, last season's episode 9 was a huge battle. This is just a wedding?
>>
File: 14384313466782.jpg (88KB, 529x546px) Image search: [Google]
14384313466782.jpg
88KB, 529x546px
>HOLY FUCK THE RED WEDDING
>literally two main characters and a dog die

Yeah, epic
>>
>>87115261
I subverted a friends expectations when I was watching episode 8 with him.
He knew the term Red Wedding, and I was like
>Yeah this is it. Lannister colors are red, they're in the red keep, and Sansa has red hair
He probably didn't buy it but if he didn't he was nice enough to lie about it
>>
>marrying a big nosed, big eared, chinlet jew wife only to have her, and your unborn son murdered at your wedding

robb was a retard
>>
>>87116994
>How did they get away with stabbing a preggo in the belly?
It was funny
>>
>all these brainlets who have no udnerstanding of why it happend
it was a crime, but he was slated for death regardless of whether or not he had more lannister hostages. More starks would have died until they were released. Just look at what happend to the lannisters who held many hostages
>>
>>87115261
When I seen this, I wasnt active in GoT generals so I didnt hear/see leaks or people bitch around serious content. For me it was a lil depressing but actually interesting. But now I look at these threads and see fan theories, fan leaks, leaks, spoilers, book comparisons, and by the time the show aires with its out teaser I know what to expect going into it. Maybe if I stay away the season 8 absolutely blows me away.
>>
>>87116994
Because the leftist whiners love seeing fetuses get stabbed. It's "marital rape" i.e. consummation, that they really hate.
>>
Hadnt read the books at that point, thought it was gonna be your typical good beats evil story and that robb was being set up to win the war.

was legit blown away, especially at his pregnant wife being shivved endlessly
>>
>>87117399
He would've won if he told Edmure about encircling the Lannister army. That way even with the wildfyre bomb Stannis would have still won the Battle of the Blackwater. Loras wouldn't do shit to Stannis.
>>
>>87116629
>Mountain would rape your mom and probably kill you too
based
>>
File: 1497052536466.png (146KB, 671x519px) Image search: [Google]
1497052536466.png
146KB, 671x519px
Why did robb need to cross the twins?

it's way off to the side on the map, why didnt he just take his army on the kingsroad?
>>
File: 1475179976345.jpg (8KB, 355x397px) Image search: [Google]
1475179976345.jpg
8KB, 355x397px
>>87115261
Complete satisfaction. The red wedding only happened because Robb acted like a retard and married some 5/10 literally who.
>>
the Red Wedding is by far the most memorable scene from GoT for me
>>
>>87116994
leftist actually support murdering fetuses
>>
>>87115622
>No reaction, since I read the books before the show came out

That can't be true, because his waifu is still alive in the books.
>>
>>87115261
>Literally felt sick, a bit nauseous, was watching this series for the first time in 2015
>got up and talked to my cousin in the other room "they killed everyone, they killed everyone" and started to look at the wall thinking, really couldn't believe

normie of the night award goes to OP.

Read the books so I knew it was happening, cared less than in the books because it's more directly Robb's fault. In the books Robb is several years younger and only marries the girl from getting her pregnant
>>
sorry to go full bookfag but it couldn't help but feel like a letdown after reading the books. even though they go as far as to show a preganant woman getting stabbed in the stomach its missing some grotesque details from the book, like the horrible music and all the cool minor characters that get slaughtered. imagine if the episode ended with catelyn dying after tearing her face up and killing the retarded grandson
>>
File: 835f6f1315e99aea1af59d1d19767964.jpg (195KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
835f6f1315e99aea1af59d1d19767964.jpg
195KB, 800x1000px
>>87117234
I would do the same
>>
>>87115261
I really didn't want Robb to die. Thought he was a great character and definitely one of the key turning points in the show getting worse.

Talisa being killed the way she did was fucking brutal though. Didn't see that coming at all. Don't recall any other medium where I've seen something like it.
>>
>>87117789
cause tywin was guarding the trident while jaime was sieging riverrun
His plan (which worked) involved sending 2000 men under Roose down the Kingsroad to attack and distract tywin while he went on to Riverrun to surprise and attack Jaime
The Twins was the only crossing that'd allow him to do that
>>
>>87121508
jaime was with brienne at that point both in the books and in the show.
>>
I saw people bitching about robb dying on facebook a few months before I decided to watch the show. When I started getting closer to the end of season 3 i knew it was only a matter of time and it kinda ruined it for me
>>
>>87121624
I didn't watched the episode when it aired I was planning to watch it the next day and fucking facebook ruined it for me
>>
>>87121624
>>87121686
Kek feel bad for you guys, literally watched all of the series without knowing a single spoiler, pretty great experience
>>
>>87121744
the only big shock I got was ned because I watched it by the time season 2 was airing so everybody already forgot about it
>>
That storyline was going nowhere so I kinda expected it
>>
>>87115495
the chapter gave me chills because of how it's written from cat's pov and how she slowly realizes what's happening but too late

the entire thing just feels off the entire time even before the killing starts

was really well done 2bh
>>
>>87115261
I was totally like "holy shit" but what really touched my feels was katy stark scene at the end and that scream after she gots slit in the throat, pure kino
>>
>>87116718
they probably could've negotiated a better option but they felt pressed for time. they needed to cross before Tywin showed up

catelyn brings up that he's sworn to house tully, which he counters with that he's also sworn to the Crown, so he's betraying an oath no matter what.
>>
>>87117026
I told my friends that Robb defeats Joffrey 1v1 in battle at Casterly Rock.
>>
>>87121838
the last sentence still gives me chills
>No, don’t, don’t cut my hair, Ned loves my hair. Then the steel was at her throat, and its bite was red and cold.
>>
>>87121554
Not when he made the deal.

The show logic of why he needed the Red Wedding was to gain Frey forces. because of losing the Karstarks.

In the books I think he weds Edmure off because he feels he's slighted Walder, and owes it to him.
>>
>>87115261
i didn't even know that this was the red wedding at first. it was hyped up to be this huge thing where all the main characters die, only robb and lady stark are the only major characters who die. overhyped. miss robb though.
>>
>>87115261
"This show is great". Then it immediately went to let's fucking pad the next one and kept it that way until they fully entered fanfiction territory.
>>
>>87115261
nice blog faggot

why the fuc would i care that u told ur cus they killed everyone
>>
File: 1501968329087.png (159KB, 321x375px) Image search: [Google]
1501968329087.png
159KB, 321x375px
">they killed everyone, they killed everyone" and started to look at the wall thinking, really couldn't believe
>>
>>87115622

Then why the fuck respond u fucking nerd
>>
>>87120612

I agree. Tearing her face up, that was when it was almost too hard to keep reading. Then killing a dude with down syndrome, and then having the LS reveal at the end of season 4. I know most /tv/ fags hate LS, but with the way she was described to look it would have been ghastly af. All of that would have really cemented it.

>It hurts so much, she thought. Our children, Ned, all our sweet babes. Rickon, Bran, Arya, Sansa, Robb . . . Robb . . . please, Ned, please, make it stop, make it stop hurting . . . the white tears and the red ones ran together until her face was torn and tattered, the face that Ned had loved. Catelyn Stark raised her hands and watched the blood run down her long fingers, over her wrists, beneath the sleeves of her gown. Slow red worms crawled along her arms and under her clothes. It tickles. That made her laugh until she screamed. "Mad," someone said, "she's lost her wits," and someone else said, "Make an end," and a hand grabbed her scalp just as she'd done with Jinglebell, and she thought, No, don't, don't cut my hair, Ned loves my hair. Then the steel was at her throat, and its bite was red and cold.
>>
>>87122315
imagine being so booty blasted by sam hyde that you save a picture of some literal who from a new years special nobody watched until they realized what an embarrassment it was to post on an anonymous image board in hopes he might see it

K Y S MY MAN
>>
File: 1494994366641.jpg (72KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1494994366641.jpg
72KB, 482x427px
>>87122656
>>
>>87122715
What? I like Sam Hyde, that's just a random reaction image I chose. Why is your brain so fucked up?
>>
>>87115261
>What was your reaction at this scene (if you didn't know the spoilers) at the time?
I was so fucking disturbed. It by far was the biggest shock in a tv show ever
>>
I stopped watching the show, not because of the red wedding itself, but because of how the next season they were advertising the DVDs with special features of people's reactions to the red wedding. It basically solidified my belief that the show was an aimless, amoral mess.
>lol check out these guys as they freak out over a fifth of the cast getting murdered lmao
To be fair, the showrunners may have not had any control over that, and it was marketing who was responsible.
>>
File: 1503751310684.jpg (344KB, 1280x1706px) Image search: [Google]
1503751310684.jpg
344KB, 1280x1706px
>>87116994
>Imagine the social media outrage if it aired today
Same with how did they have that scene of Joffrey killing the prostitute?

That surely would not be allowed to air today
>>
>>87115261
Read the book, so knew it was coming, but I walked away from the book after that chapter for about a week and a half because I was pissed off about it.
>>
>>87122827
it was only 5 years ago not 20
>>
I knew OF the red wedding, but didn't know what it was at all. I got super anxious the episode before when Tyrion and Sansa were wed, and during the watch warned my girlfriend that bad times were coming. When nothing happened, I was relieved--then the next episode was another wedding and got anxious again.
>>
>>87122784
because you're a big ol fag
>>
File: 1503750990076.jpg (2MB, 2189x2918px) Image search: [Google]
1503750990076.jpg
2MB, 2189x2918px
>>87122870
>it was only 5 years ago not 20
and you do realize they have stopped nudity pretty much as well as given all female characters control?

My point: only 5 years ago and so much has changed.

No way would a dead woman being killed like this be allowed to air now in the show
>>
>>87115261
>when the hound landed his axe on arya
I closed the book and didn't read it for a week.
>>
>>87115440
Ned's death was far less impactful in the book compared to the Red Wedding because it was shown from Arya's perspective so you didn't actually see the death happening because she was getting jostled around in the chaos.

Granted, Robb was a very underdeveloped character in the book so his death wasn't particularly impactful either, but losing Catelyn was a blow because she was very well developed. On the bright side she does get resurrected in the book, unlike in the show.

All in all, these surprise deaths are certainly ballsy, but then you realize he killed the characters who were capable of actually moving the plot ahead and you realize that's why he takes so long on his books. Because he wrote himself into a corner and had no idea what to do.
>>
>>87122930
the way euron killed the sneks was pretty gruesome
>>
>>87122994
This. The show's most offensive male character literally took out a boat of 5 female characters.
>>
>>87115992
But it was the Sharks that needed the army
>>
>>87115607

I actually loved that scene. That bitch ruined everything! Robb would still be alive if it wasnt for her.

>>87115261

I thought it was meh. Robb dying sucked but it didnt impact me as hard as Ned. I thought it was funny when cat got her throat slit because it was just awkward, not to mention how silly it looked
>>
>>87116962
>I always had the inkling that Jon was really the main character the whole time
What a dumb reaction, there is no "real main character" in this series. That's why he keeps killing off all these characters that people think are the main character. Hell, he killed Jon too, and Jon was only brought back to life because they ran out of material and decided to make the plot super generic.
>>
>>87116568

>hating on the autist
>not liking more van alden

Show only went to true shit in the last season and thats due to them being told to wrap it up.
>>
>>87115261
"holy shit i can't believe that happened this show is breaking all the rules of TV!"
now ask me for my reaction to CIA's death
>>
>>87120657
The girl he was supposed to Mary is way cuter
>>
>>87123083

>That's why he keeps killing off all these characters that people think are the main character

that happened literally once seven years ago
>>
>>87116772

Except that the starks are basically in open rebellion against the crown. Do you not pay attention? Only the starks were fighting, so frey, being under tully means that theyre against starks but that dont mean he cant try and get a girl married off in exchange for help.
>>
>>87123139
what is your reaction to CIA's death?
>>
>>87123216
"fuck these hacks I'm going to watch something with some quality writing like Rick and Morty"
>>
Not trying to be edgy, but I enjoyed it, wasn't a fan of Robb, he was a good guy, but a bit boring.
>>
File: IMG_0697.png (1MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0697.png
1MB, 2208x1242px
AHHHHHGGGGUAAAA
>>
>>87121838
Martin's a meme author but he definitely has his moments.
>>
>>87122827
>I used to be the best whore in Westeros, then I got an arrow in the knee.
>>
>>87116718
Robb was a rebel.
Frey was between a rock and a hard place, either way his decision would result in him going to war with someone.
>Let Robb pass, IF the crown won. They'd execute him as a traitor.
>Stop Robb. His army lays siege to the Twins.
Marrying his daughter to Robb was the gentlest form of negotiation. It could be used as a barter point for leniency/mercy upon the victorious party. If the crown was angered, he could say that his pacifism was justified because of family allegiances, despite him not actually taking up arms against the Crown, merely allowing Robb passage.
>>
>>87124602
>IF the crown won. They'd execute him as a traitor.
no they wouldn't
they're weren't (and didn't) going to genocide an entire region of bannermen just for following their overlord
>>
>>87124661
I didn't imply genocide.
Just Walder Frey.
>>
>>87124685
they'd just ask for some concessions (probably not even because he'd just switch sides early like the brackens) and have him bend the knee again
simple
>>
>red wedding set up over multiple books/season, is a pivotal moment with huge repercussions that was a result of mistakes characters made
>arya kills the entirety of house frey in 2 episodes and nobody gives a fuck
>>
>>87117234
>even considering women with ears smaller than 8cm from lobe to tip

DISGUSTING
>>
>>87124741
its mentioned by jaime
>>
>>87115261
i didnt say anything because im not autistic and its just a fictional tv show
>>
File: pottao.jpg (154KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
pottao.jpg
154KB, 1024x678px
I don't care about spoilers or anything because I'm not a child, but how could anyone be surprised after all the book readers going around and acting like calling it the red wedding was some unbreakable code.

>just wait until the RED WEDDING you won't believe what happens

gee, i wonder what a red wedding could be
>>
>>87117193
Also the conflict between Starks and Lannisters comes to the end. But it's not like it's something that a dumb baiting frogposter could comprehend.
>>
>>87115856

>I feel bad for whoever directed the scene

Why, they did a fucking shit job as you just explained. Fuck them
>>
>>87115261
I supported the Lannisters from the very first episode, so I was happy.
>>
>>87115261
When I read it I just had to reread it thrice, I felt really fucking sad for Cat they redid the scene pretty good in the show.
>>
>>87115261
That was the point I still thought important characters can die. Now they have impenetrable plot armor.
>>
>>87116994
You 'how did they get away with it' fags are the worst. You think anything slightly interesting or deviant should be forbidden by default. God I hate you.
>>
>>87122930
>>87122827
Are you fucking stupid? These were designed as moments of cruelty, they didn't say 'oh killing women is awesome and fun', the point is that it isn't. Don't be so autistic that you think everything on screen in this show is a tacit endorsement. People like you take something that actually happened just fine in a show, and turn around and say 'this is proof this doesn't happen'. You're clueless.
>>
>>87123083
Don't be naive. Subversion aside, Jon and Danaerys are the main characters.
>>
>>87123204
Tully was in open rebellion too, the entire Riverlands was happy to pledge to Robb via Hoster Tully, the thing is that the Freys were wildly independent and disloyal, to the point of automatic disobedience to their lord, and for some reason Hoster allowed it.
>>
File: pepe.jpg (26KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
26KB, 780x438px
>>87117026
>She literally was in tears that night. And she got pissed at me for like three days
What the fuck is wrong with millennials?
>>
>>87126793
Well, he was lying to her on purpose for months in order to increase her pain in watching this scene...
>>
>>87115261
>AND WHO ARE YOU THE PROUD LORD SAID STARTS PLAYING ON THE BACKGROUND
legit chills
>>
>>87126707

^ this

They've always been the main characters. One of the directors for the show even mentioned that GRRM told him this in season 1.
>>
Not much as I had read the material before that but reading it made me... anxious to say the least.
>>
Mountain and the Viper is still the best scene in the show.
>>
I saw it with a bunch of guys who had no idea it was coming.
One of them yelled out bullshit and walked out of the room before the episode was over.
Shit was hilarious
>>
Purple wedding was better
>>
>>87115261
Read the book, thought everyone had it coming.

Saw the show, thought everyone had it coming.

Live by your word, die by your lack of following your word.

The support system around you are culpable for the downfall as well since they followed an oath breaker down the drain.
>>
>>87122827
>all that bolts tha missed
>joffrey shot from 1,5 meters distance

not only arrogant and incompetent, also blind or unskilled
>>
Robb had it coming tbf. He should kept his word and married the Frey girl. She was hotter than Talisa.
>>
>>87127582
>implying those shots weren't just to terrify her before he started hitting
>>
>>87115992
Freys don't owe Starks anything. Plus they also swore an oath to the crown. One of Walder's son was married to a Lannister.
>>
File: sadnessblanket.jpg (63KB, 625x351px) Image search: [Google]
sadnessblanket.jpg
63KB, 625x351px
I admit, I was a pretty big Robfag, but I knew he'd get fucked once he married that bitch. But I thought he'd get out of it somehow.
>>
>>87127602
Nah he wanted that multicultural independent field medic conscientious objector pussy
>>
>>87115992
They were also vassals to the Iron Throne. They had every right to be picky. If a rebel wants to cross their lands then he better be prepared to give something in return, or they can simply close the crossing and wait for the Lannisters to reinforce them. Robb was in a hurry and Walder pounced on the opportunity to strengthen his family's standing. Like any feudal lord would.
>>
>>87115440
The thing with Ned is he was the main character up to that point. Literally they killed the equivalant of Frodo or Harry Potter

Robb Stark was a hero character but didn't have the entire show up to that point dedicated to him
>>
>>87126793
Most of them are too cynical to get emotionally involved in anything, it's very sad. I'm worried about my generation.
>>
It feels like the old GoT died with this, after this it was just drama wars.
>>
>>87127935
It's the same with the books. After GRRM decided he wanted seven books instead of just a trilogy the entire setting became a lead up to this moment. The rest is epilogue.
>>
>>87119158
Robb did nothing wrong. His mum took the liberty to arrange a marriage to an ugly anon Frey girl (probably Fat Walda) without his knowledge or consent... so they could take a shortcut across a fucking bridge.

Now that we've seen how quickly people can fucking move via ships in season 7, Robb's army should have just skipped the Freys and sailed from White Harbour to Dragonstone and fucked up King's Landing with Stannis - the king they should have aligned with in the first place, fuck Renly.
>>
>>87128131
>Robb did nothing wrong. His mum took the liberty to arrange a marriage to an ugly anon Frey girl (probably Fat Walda) without his knowledge or consent... so they could take a shortcut across a fucking bridge.
the frey girl was hotter than his wife though.

this still makes it catelyn's fault, when Robb asked her if she'd gotten a look at them she gave a lukewarm response. Why didn't she just tell him that one was a complete hottie?
>>
>>87115992
Appeal to loyalty doesn't make much sense when you're rebelling against your own lord.
>>
>>87115261
One thing old game of thrones had was the curve balls. I had no idea at all it would happen. It actually was like holy shit dude no way wtf wow.

I normally can predict almost everything in movies and television and old GOT got me every time. Now last few seasons have been so predictable this thread only reminds me how much I miss the old stuff.
>>
>>87115261
>Watch it with bf
>He flips out and smashes dent in wall
>Says "this can't be happening"
Good times
>>
>>87128324
Fucking chad summerchild frustrated he didn't read because he doesn't read.
>>
>>87116994
This was before stupid fucks like Burlington bar fags got a hold on the series
>>
>>87115261
>Literally felt sick
faggot
>What was your reaction at this scene
I was surprised by how stupid they would have to be not to see it coming. only wtf moment was when they stabbed the pregnant woman in the stomach
>>
>>87128378
Partially my fault tho told him not to read it because I wanted to see his reaction
>>
Reminder: the massacre had nothing to do with Robb breaking his vow. If he'd never met Talisa, it would have been his wedding he got killed at instead of Radmure's.
>>
>>87128324
>"this can't be happening"
did he add "Im in charge". I have seen that shit all over youtube, its fine on youtube since overreactions is what people are there to see but if the faggot is punching walls in RL it might be a red flag
>>
i was at home drinking brain fluid when i ring fred

'the storks are die'

'no'
>>
>>87116568
What about Richard Harrow? Or even Jimmy's wive.

Those were way sadder if you ask me.
>>
File: Doubt.png (85KB, 492x280px) Image search: [Google]
Doubt.png
85KB, 492x280px
>>87128458
>Reminder: the massacre had nothing to do with Robb breaking his vow
so you saying walder would still have jumped ship if he had not felt insulted?
>>
>>87128458
What makes you think that ?
>>87128516
Nah
Idk he never beat anything before it or after which made it really funny in my mind
Like he was rooting for Robb the whole time telling me how great it'll be when he kills joffrey
>>
>>87127602
Talisa was an annoying cunt but that chaplin ass was 10/10
>>
File: ios-10-shrug-emoji.0.jpg (44KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
ios-10-shrug-emoji.0.jpg
44KB, 1200x800px
Honestly the only truly shocking moment was them stabbing Talisa in the stomach, the rest was typical GoT up to that point.
>>
>>87116994

um excuse me she is a white woman and it was a white child, probably a fucking male.
>>
>>87128674
>white woman
?
>>
> Getting emotionally involved in a TV show
Only autists and women do this
>>
>>87115261
>tfw bookfag
I thought "what the fuck?" and put the book down for the day.
>>
>>87128745
correction
>getting emotionally involved in a TV show where the very world is designed for maximum suffering
There have been shows I have cried for but I stopped falling for the shows that are designed for rage and suffering
>>
I knew Robb was gonna die the moment he Talisa told him she was pregnant and he got all emotional and told her he loved. That's typical television, have a big emotional connection moment as a way to make the pain greater when they die (just like i knew Shireen was gonna die after the speech Stannis had about how much he fought to cure her grayscale).
>>
>>87124531
>there literally is an arrow in the knee

god damnit
>>
>>87127881
Robb with heir of main character. They killed Frodo and then Sam who run away with the Ring.

>>87128131
Pls. He started to think with his penis. He looked like infallible but apparently he found his weakens between his legs. Who would've thought. Or it was just dark magic's work.
>>
>>87116556
>oberyn was unlikeable
>being a 'chad' is part of the reason

can we just exterminate dumb neckbeards? they are a huge drag on society
>>
>>87128550
Not him but yeah, he was losing the war st that stage
In books, he'd lost half his foot at Duskendale while in both show and book, Stannis was taken care of, Renly dead,and Tywin was sitting in KL with a strong Westerlands army at his disposal with the Reach as new allies
Now that the Karstarks had march home he was pretty much all but finished
In the books his entire army he brings to the Twins only numbers like 4000
>>
>>87129198
>his entire army he brings to the Twins only numbers like 4000
he still had another 10,000+ floating around, but yeah your point still stands
>>
File: 534534.jpg (134KB, 465x631px) Image search: [Google]
534534.jpg
134KB, 465x631px
>>87128567
>What makes you think that ?
Make a wild guess.
>>
>>87128674
>>>/pol/
>>
File: CxMy9uXVEAA_HPK.jpg (113KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
CxMy9uXVEAA_HPK.jpg
113KB, 1200x675px
I felt absolutely nothing because the crummy directing for the scene broke my immersion and they all turned into nothing more than a group of actors pretending to die.
The blood effects were so god damn retarded
>>
>>87129215
Yeah under Rose which was all foot and had just been battered at Duskendale
(Possibly done by Roose to weaken the North deliberately)
>>
>>87127917
Did you even read the post that I replied to
>>
Robb was already a dead man walking when he lost the Karstarks, it was just a matter of time.
>>
>>87129257
>Rose
The Roose, who was /ourguy/
>>
>>87129257
nah im talking about the riverlords, completely different
>>
>>87129338
Ah yeah but they would've been mostly Tully men
Even so, with the Reach now allied with the crown and Tywin still commanding roughly half of the Westerlands forces Robb was fucked
>>
>>87128131
Learn to write. The rebel King comes to a bridge and is forced to offer whatever a man can to earn the loyalty of its owner, so that he may pass and kill the king. It's a statement about the disparity between man and lord, and the critical conceit of a character who has superficially succeeds in doing both, and who dies because of it.
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.