[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK, so did anyone actually watch this? Cause it was actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

OK, so did anyone actually watch this? Cause it was actually pretty good, it reminded me almost nothing of the series (which was alright but not the masterpiece people make it out to be). It was more like one of those dark teen movies from the 80s and 90s, like The Lost Boys, Heathers, or Donnie Darko. Visually it was up there with John Wick and Enter the Void.

Is it kind of trashy? Yes, it's so violent it reminded me of Rob Zombie it's so goddamn violent. But it's honestly worth watching, seriously, give it a shot guys.
>>
File: IMG_2894.png (2MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2894.png
2MB, 2208x1242px
>>87111609
Every thing about it simply blew away my expectations. Not only was it a perfectly tailored adaptation of the source material and an undeniable work of love, the cinematography, subtlety and discipline of the actors, the carefully chosen ambient music, ever minute element was absolutely flawless.. 11/10

All I can say is give it a chance

https://youtu.be/OqivTIANI_0
>>
I think it was a good adaptation in the sense that it portrayed the Death Note in a more realistic manner than the anime/manga ever could have. It's daring in a lot of places and makes strides that are tough to beat
>>
>>87111609
Why is he sitting like that? L's quirky mannerisms didn't fit in this movie at all. Also, how am I supposed to buy a sm⏅rt nigger
>>
>>87112080
I think the movie in general was brought down by trying to be like the anime. They didn't know whether they wanted to be a remake of Death Note or be inspired by it.
>>
>>87112080
They made him impulsive and unlikable in order to help an American audience sympathize more with Light, despite being a killer. It was a very smart move on their part. This is one of the ways the adaptation surpassed the source material.
>>
>>87111609
Kino
>>
>>87112138
There were scenes from the anime that worked well, the scene with the prison suicides was pretty good, but by in large I agree. The movie worked best when it was doing its own thing, not just copying the anime.
>>
>>87111609
This is the third thread today praising this vile clusterfuck of unoriginality, this is deffinatelly a shill thread.
>>
The sudden 180 on this movie is jarring. Is everyone pretending to like this garbage before the normies don't like it? The only thing I liked about the movie were the visuals. The plot, characters, and dialogue are retarded. Light and his dad literally yell exposition at each other in beginning. For everything they changed from the source material, they didn't bother replacing it with anything interesting.
>>
>>87112288
Visuals were dope, sound design was dope, cartoonishly violent, decent acting.

7.5/10
>>
>>87112288
>The sudden 180 on this movie is jarring
There was no 180, the secret is that like 75% of the people saying it was great are trolling and 20% more want to fit in and don't realize people are trolling, so they pretend to like it. The general consensus has always been that it was boring, mediocre, and worse than the original.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.