[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /tv/ i want to be a writer of tv, i want to make scripts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Film-and-TV-locations-2.jpg (757KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Film-and-TV-locations-2.jpg
757KB, 1600x1067px
hey /tv/
i want to be a writer of tv, i want to make scripts for tv shows and series , or at least sell my ideas for a producer or someone on the film industry
note i've never done something like this before , and i definitely have the talent of it
does anyone here have an experience for such subject? i would appreciate any help.
>>
File: matgordondaily - 0aiu93SXah.jpg (116KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
matgordondaily - 0aiu93SXah.jpg
116KB, 640x640px
>>87085683
>does anyone here have an experience for such subject?
I do, AMA
>>
>>87086076
how to sell my scripts?
howto contact major companies?
how should i start?
>>
>>87086076
whats your experience?
>>
>>87085683
Writing talent is somewhat of a nonexistent thing in the world of screenwriting. Sure some may have a better ear for dialogue or a natural grasp on story, but at the end of the day this means nothing if you don't understand how and why movies are written the way they are. The only way you are going to learn to do that is by getting books on story/screenwriting, reading tons of screenplays, taking seminars from more experienced writers, and of course writing a lot. With the experience that comes from doing all those things for a long time, you'll pick up on what works and ways how to effectively move plot, create tension and conflict, convey motivation and emotion, establish subtext for depth, deliver exposition, etc, all without making it obvious or being too "on the nose." There is just so much that goes into writing a good screenplay that it takes years of time and experience to master, and that is ignoring all the time you'll take researching the subject matter you'll be writing about...

As someone who has been working as a writer for more than 10 years let me impart what I would consider the most important advice of all (beside the stuff I've written above): be persistent. If you manage to write a ~120 page draft, and it is cohesive/makes sense, then you've already done something that most aspiring writers (especially on here and places like Reddit) never even come close to achieving. Most quit before they get to that point. Just think if you write one page a day, in a year you'll be able to complete 2-3 screenplays.
>>
>>87088134
As for selling your scripts... it is actually quite easy to get your stuff out there, now more than ever thanks to the internet and social media. Networking is important here, and a must if you're serious about working. Not sure you should be aiming for "major companies" just yet, and instead try and find productions in your area. Entering writing competitions is another way to gain recognition. You might also want to consider freelance writing jobs so that you can establish yourself. There are a lot of things you can do.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.