[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>His name is Egg On Targarien Huh, was he named after the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 8

File: 7a1877f3a5dfb234_ned-clear.jpg (98KB, 1440x804px) Image search: [Google]
7a1877f3a5dfb234_ned-clear.jpg
98KB, 1440x804px
>His name is Egg On Targarien

Huh, was he named after the moon?I thought it was already established earlier that the moon is not actually an egg?Is this a plothole?
>>
>>87079586
>Jon Snow is a bastard
Ok.
>Jon Snow is not Ned's bastard
Ok...
>Jon Snow is actually Jon Sand
You're losing me
>Jon Snow is actually a Targaryen
Stop it
>Jon Snow is actually Aegon Targaryen
And ya blew it. Why? Why would they do this? Jon was good. His character was going places and it was all on his own steam. We didn't need any dramatic realizations that are only going to weigh the plot down.
>>
>>87080396
Was this really too much for brainlets to comprehend?
>>
>>87080396
It was always set up to go in this direction. Ned never would have cheated on his wife. Jon Snow's existence never added up.
>>
>>87080503
I comprehend it just fine. It's stupid is all.
>>87080595
And that's why I can accept him not being Ned's bastard, if you read my post. Then things started going crazy, and now he ends up not only being a Targaryen but not even being Jon.
>>
>>87080682
>It's stupid is all.
Just because you didn't understand doesn't make it stupid. I bet you were that kid who thought fractions were stupid.
>>
>>87080595
>It was always set up to go in this direction.
Back to westeros.org with you. Jon most likely is not the bastard of Ned, but there is no way that he's a legitimate Targaryen in the real story and has no set up in the earlier seasons. That would go against everything Martin believes in, and the whole character of Jon. The danyxjon super queen and king unicorn rainbow good guy vs bad guy plotline is show exclusive.
>>
>>87080396
This has always been the point of the whole series, it was always leading up to this...
>>
>>87080752
>
not him but the plotline is moronic and just serves to show that dnd is going scene to scene without any real underlying message or even consistency. GoT is the definition of poor writing at the moment.
>>
>Hey honey we should name this kid the same as my first kid that I had with my first wife
>>
>>87080752
>>87080815
Is this the caliber of human that posts on /tv/? I came by to talk about GoT after watching the season finale and I am sorely disappointed.
>>
>>87080787
That's pure conjecture on your part. Martin could've very well wrote his story arc to incorporate this, and passed it on to D&D.
>>
>>87080787
Reminder that when they were filming season 1 GRRM told D and D that the entire overarching story was all about Dany and Jon. You're delusional.
>>
>>87080815
>it was always leading up to this...
see >>87080787. It hasn not been always "leading up to this". The whole concept that Jon is a legitimate Targ, which will not happen in the books unless Martin dies and DnD finish the series, is entirely S6S7 fanservice.
>>
>>87080595
>>87080787
R+L=J was such a common fan theory going all the way back to the 90's people believed it had to be a Red Herring. People have been looking for ways to make him the true king for just as long. That's where the show went, maybe that's not where the book is going, it still very well could though. I think people got in their heads that the whole point of the series was to break all fantasy conventions which isn't the case, he only breaks conventions to heighten the drama, it's a tool he employs not his stated goal, his goal is still to write a fantasy epic in the style of Tolkien.

R+L= J was essentially confirmed back when George told us how D&D got the show. He asked them "Who is Jon Snow's mother" and they apparently looked at eachother and said "well we have this little theory..." and what they said turned out to be right. Given that was by far the most popular and widely supported theory at the time the conclusion was obvious.
>>
>>87080936
Did you read books?
>>
>>87080881
Have you ever had any class dealing with literature, film, or mythology. In a classic hero's journey story, the character is always a 'chosen one', and usually, but not always, of high birth. These stories throughout the ages were written, so that the poor peasants knew their place, and that only the knights and kings could be 'heroes'.

You're basically butthurt that Jon turned out to have a cliche high born pedigree, but what other anons are trying to tell you, perhaps in a less eloquent fashion, is that one, the series was leading up to this with various forms of hints/foreshadowing, and two, this is just classic storytelling 101.
>>
>>87080906
Nope. The whole point of Jon's character is that he's risen in the world despite his status. He has proven that the idea of the taint of bastardry (bastards being disohenst and disloyal) wrong by being one of the most honest and just people in the story. Making him a legitimate Targ would scrap all that. Jon doesn't stand as evidence against prejudice, he's good because he's a targ. Not to mention that his plotline would be too similar to that of Aragorns from LoTR. Jon won't be a legitimate Targ in the books. Especially because the books are much more consistent with annuling marriages, and Rhaegar already had children and a wife.

>>87080911
That does not mean they will follow it you dumb moron. Due to the locations of the characters in the last two books, it's quite literally impossible for most of the show plotlines to happen in the books.
>>
>>87080976
As I said, Jon is most likely not a Neds son. But even the most vehement R+L=J book reader fans do not claim that Jon was a legitimate Targaryen. It's just doesn't fit within the story.
>>
>>87080752
Fractions are pretty stupid desu
>>
>>87081025
As a follow up. There are literally at least a dozen Greek demi-god myths where the hero is raised as a commoner, only to learn 'when he's ready' that he's actually not--that his daddy is actually a magical Olympian god.

There is literally almost nothing particularly unique to be found in GRRM's stories/mythology. Everything has been borrowed or been influenced by past fiction or historical events. He's even admitted it himself.
>>
>>87080752
he said he understands it you retard, it's just not needed whatsoever, unless they're planning on sitting his fine ass on the Iron Throne, which if they do, what a boring fucking ending.
>>
>>87080976
Have you? Aegon Targaryen is in Storms End with the golden company and hes the son of Rhaegar and Elia.
>>
>>87080396
>Why? Why would they do this?

Captain Picard is revealed to be Captain Kirk's son!!!! OH MY GOOOOOD

"But wait, so what?"

So he was always destined to be captan on the Enterprise, it's like foretold.

"But he was already getting there anyway. He's a lieutenant working on that ship at the point this is revealed."

But it's like.. he has a claim now, it's his destiny.
>>
>>87081172
You mean the Blackfyre pretending to be Aegon?
>>
>>87081112
>
Martin makes a point of breaking tradition to the point that it's almost a cliché. From his earlier books to asoiaf with Robb being the most glaring example. You do realize that if you break said cliché you're still influenced by it.
>>
>>87081115
From Matthew: "For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."

Aegon "Jon" Targaryen is the most ideal candidate to sit on the Iron Throne. He's literally the only one in the whole story that doesn't care about playing the lel "Game of Thrones" or obtaining power. Dany doesn't deserve the throne because she's 'playing the game' too now, and lusting after people like all the others before her. Jon's accession would be the greatest irony and the 'happiest' ending you'll be able to find in this stupid story.
>>
>>87081193
I think you're missing something. Why would Rhaegar name Jon the same name as his half-brother, and that the books and the show have diverged quite a bit.
>>
>>87081245
Prophecy, same reason he did everything else towards the end.
>>
>>87081229
>the "guys who does;t want to be king/hero is put in that position anyway" trope
>>
>>87081272
Occams razor.
>>
>>87081312
No ur wrong becuz martin who has made a point of breaking traditional story archetypes will apparently scrap all that and make Jon Aragorn 2.0.
>>
>>87081229
Yeah, he doesn't want it. If he gets it, that's going to be an injustice to his character. A happy ending would be the Starks remaining in the north, ruled by Jon as the King of the North, and letting the southerners go fuck themselves. Maybe Dany takes the throne, maybe Gendry, I don't fucking care.
>>
>>87079586
He said Aegjon not Aegon.
>>
>>87081312
Right. Now you're getting it. He's a classic anti-hero.
>>
>>87081313
Occams razor rarely applies to fiction, if it did Jon would still be Ned's bastard son. In fiction you have to read into what purpose passages will have on the plot. There is a reason they told us about all the Blackfyres and Rhaegar's obsession with prophesy and that vision of Rhaegar holding up his newly born son saying his will be the song of Ice and Fire.

If you seriously don't see this coming in the books too you're beyond delusional at this point.
>>
>sand
Jon Blackfyre
>>
>>87081352
I hope jaime gets the iron throne.

I know he cant as a kingslayer, and kingsguard or whatever, but he seems like the most stable person that the south would follow. Nobody will (realistically) want to follow dany, and gendry is a literal who. If jon doesnt want it, it should go to somebody who understands how ruling justly works.
>>
File: eggontarg.jpg (186KB, 542x1760px) Image search: [Google]
eggontarg.jpg
186KB, 542x1760px
>>87079586
>>
>>87081555
>>87081555
fucking
kek
>>
>>87081352
The Great War will result in a dissolution of the seven kingdoms as we know them. Most of the North will be ravaged/killed and the Night King will march all the way down to King's Landing where the remaining Westerosi will finally put aside their petty rivalries and fight under one banner -- for survival and a future for their country.

Dany, may or may not die, not before giving birth to Jon's heir, but she definitely will not get the throne. Gendry has absolutely no birthright since his father won through right of conquest (might makes right), and he's no one now; his house is gone, and most of the others will be mostly destroyed too.

So the wheel will be broken. And maybe the ending will be a transition to an early constitutional monarchy with a legislature, like a parallel to medieval kingdoms to the early modern period. There. That will happen at the end, when all that's left is to rebuild. Spoiled the ending for you.
>>
>>87081182
but did Kirk have two sons to different women and call them both Jean-Luc?
>>
>>87081361
so, is this wher Jon comes from?

DEEPEST LORE

DABID
>>
>>87081025
>this is just classic storytelling 101
ah yes which GRRM is so famous for. You have not read any of the books so just stop shitposting in this otherwise very interesting thread you retard.
>>
>>87079586
she said Eragon.Its Eragon Targarien
>>
File: 1457297846380.jpg (57KB, 960x567px) Image search: [Google]
1457297846380.jpg
57KB, 960x567px
>>87081555
>that last panel

Fucking perfect.
>>
>>87081352
>Jon will be Kingindanorf
how? He is a bastard, he is a member of the Night's Watch and he is dead. You show fags really eat D A B I D's shit up like it would even remotely resemble what is going to happen in the books.
>>
>>87081229
Jon's accession already happened when he became king in the north, putting him on the Iron Throne will be overkill.
>>
>>87081806
We cant all be edgy bookfag virgins like you.

The show is fuckin dope. Get over it.
>>
>>87081662
You're under the misconception that George's goal for ASoIaF was to subvert all fantasy tropes. He subverted fantasy tropes and convention only to keep people guessing. George's belief is a predictable story is a boring one, he's still telling a typical Cinderella story he's just shown a bunch of other Cinderellas not getting their fairy godmother and prince first to trick you into disbelieving in the essential magic of fairy tales only to reassert them later on to make when the magic does indeed come back more impactful.
>>
>>87081662
Seven Kingdoms based primarily on England. "The Wall" based on Hadron's wall. The free cities based on Greek/Italian city states. Iron Islands based on Vikings. Red wedding based on Scottish "petty kings" killing each other in deceitful ways.The war of the five kings based on any warring states period of a historical country. The Night's Watch being used as form of purgatory or institution for punishment paralllels Empires sending their criminals to faraway islands/possessions. Children of the Forest parallel to elves in LotR.

You should honestly feel ashamed for insinuating that GRRM is a creative genius. His only departure from classic story telling is making his "protagonists" die pre-maturely, the large PoV of his large ensemble, and for writing in excruciating detail about people's dinners and houses i.e. story building.

He's an edgy autist. If you consider his edginess and autistic level of detail 'creative' then whatever.
>>
>>87080396
it's a book thing basically
the show is shit so it kinda is just an extraneous detail
>>
>>87080396
I agree slightly. They shouldn't have bothered with the Sand inbetween step. And they shouldn't have changed his first name to Aegon.
>>
File: lordoftyrionsring.jpg (496KB, 939x1414px) Image search: [Google]
lordoftyrionsring.jpg
496KB, 939x1414px
>>87081684
and tyrion is really just looking for the one ring to rule them all?
>>
>>87081925
Ok I can get behind this point of view. That actually makes a lot of sense.
>>87081980
yeah and Dorne is based of the sunny desert south of England. Retard.
>>
- Bran Dies and somehow stops the NK.
- Sansa becomes Queen of the North
- Brienne Queensguard, The Hound Queensguard
- Arya, Gendry and Pod go adventuring together South
- Jaime Dies, he's always wanted to be a knight told about in legends.
- Beric Dies

- Jon & Dany end up in Valyria to rebuild, and basically a big fuck off to westeros.
>>
Can someone explain the whole bastard name thing?

Like ok, Bran says that Jon was actually born in Dorne, not the North, so he should be named Sand, not Snow. But we never thought Jon was ever born in the North. The story we were told was that he was Ned's bastard from Robert's Rebellion, when he wasn't in the North. So he should have always had another bastard name from whatever kingdom Ned claimed that "Wylla" was in.
>>
>>87081980
You don't have to create something from whole cloth to be considered a genius.

Part of GRRMs appeal in ASOIAF is that he built an entire established continent, families dating back centuries Stories that intertwine and affect their outcomes decades later.

He's not original but he's established a semi-believable world.
>>
>>87082318
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Bastardy
>Seven Kingdoms have bastard surnames decreed by custom, not law. Bastards with a high-born parent are given these surnames to hold them apart from their parent's houses. The parents may give a bastard a different surname if they wish, e.g. Tyrion Tanner, or no name at all.

Basically Ned named him Snow to stop people from trying to track down the mother.
>>
>>87082318
It was kind of dumb, because Bran probably heard Lyanna say his name the first time he was there?

The audience doesn't learn until the final episode but we can presume Brand knew.

Also, as a Targaryen bastard he would've been a Blackfyre.
>>
>>87082172
>yeah and Dorne is based of the sunny desert south of England. Retard.

>Seven Kingdoms based primarily on England.
>>
>>87082433
>Also, as a Targaryen bastard he would've been a Blackfyre.
Literally KYS right now.
>>
>>87082433
Blackfyre is a legitimate house of the former bastards of Aegon IV, not all Targaryen bastards are Blackfyres, just those descended from Aegon IV's bastards who he legitimized on his deathbed just to spite his son. He gave Daemon the sword Blackfyre which is where they got the name.
>>
>>87079586
I think you're mishearing it
It's "Ayy gone" - the others are actually aliens and Jon is going to make them disappear
>>
Ayyjon Targaryen First of His Name
>>
>>87082511
Another shitter spewing shit. Daemon was the only one of Aegon 's bastards who got the name Blackfyre, the others did not. The only Blackfyres are Daemon's descendants.
>>
>>87079586
There was a prince who had a son,
and Aegon was his name-o.
A-E-G-O-N
A-E-G-O-N
A-E-G-O-N
And Aegon was his name-o.
>>
>>87080595
How many times a day did Ned masturbate during the robert rebelion?
>>
>>87082604
Legally yes, but practically no. After Daemon's death descendants of the other bastards would pop up and claim the name Blackfyre. Basically anyone with some of Aegon IV in him could claim he was a blackfyre and who is to claim otherwise, lots of platinum blondes with purple eyes running around, descendant of Daemon or no.
>>
>>87082731
>descendants of the other bastards would pop up and claim the name Blackfyre.
You have 90 seconds to provide a single example.
>>
>>87082604
>>87082731
If you two want to have a book mostly, or solely, concerning the stories as written in "A song of Ice and Fire," then feel free to click the /lit/ board. It's hard to miss it; it's next to /mlp/.

I thought "bookfags" would've voluntarily left this place after the show caught up two years ago.

Let me guess, /lit/ doesn't like the shite that GRRM churns from his ass?

Who could've guessed it. I only got through half of his first book.
>>
>>87082810
Maelys and his cousin Daemon.
>>
>>87082855
>Maelys
Was a descendant of Daemon. I knew you were a shitposter.
>>
File: 1503198665095.png (112KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1503198665095.png
112KB, 500x500px
>>87079586
>Rhaegar named two of his children Aegon
>>
>>87079586
She said Akon.Its a prediction for 8th season when Akon will bet playing the role of Jon Snow, that show needs more diversity too
>>
>>87082927
Prove it. What is his exact descent?

Which of Daemon's dead sons or grandsons is he descended from?
>>
>>87082960
>Prove it.
Direct quote from AWOIAF:

>After Bittersteel, the company was led by descendants of Daemon Blackfyre until the last of them, Maelys the Monstrous, was slain in the Stepstones.
>>
File: 1467412648259.png (837KB, 600x1038px) Image search: [Google]
1467412648259.png
837KB, 600x1038px
>>87079586
>>
>>87082947
Since he annulled the other marriage, the first Aegon would get a bastard name. Still only one Aegon Targaryen.
>>
>>87082986
>Ask for proof of his exact lineage
>Just reaffirms what I said.
Good work anon.
>>
>>87083045
Assuming the 1% chance you're just retarded and not a worthless troll who should die, I'll explain this even slower. I said all Blackfyres were descendants of Daemon. You claimed (with no evidence) that they weren't. I asked for an example. You claimed (with zero evidence) that Maelys was not a descendant of Daemon. I said that was a lie. You then, as a natural liar, tried to move the goal posts from "descendant of Daemon" to "provide the exact family line" rather than what I actually said, that he was a descendant of Daemon, which the quote I just provided proved. You meanwhile have managed to post half a dozen times without providing a single quote of your own. This will be the last post you get from me.
>>
>>87083137
So you're just bitter you lost the argument and have nothing to back up your bullshit. Burden of proof is a bitch anon.
>>
>>87079586
his name is Hanf On Targarien actually
>>
File: 1285211469589.jpg (51KB, 814x500px) Image search: [Google]
1285211469589.jpg
51KB, 814x500px
>>87080396
You're looking at this whole thing wrong anon, let's just stop and look for a minute - Jon's lineage matters to DnD since they mention in EVERY interview that the thing that got them this job was GRRM asking them who Jon's mom is. THEY think this is the end all be all but George was pulling "tricky" questions out of his ass to filter through the skimmers of his books.
Now DnD are not blind and see the fandom in the first couple of seasons was enthralled with theories lineage completely ignoring that GRRM made a point of hard work, dedication > blood realtions again and again. Crayons aside its a cash grab of the worst kind - fanservice. They let their own ego and hordes of manchildren convince them to spend HOURS on shit that will be a cliffnote at the end or a half assed attempt to merge Aegon from the books. DnD think it proves how "with it" they are by jumping on the Jon TARG bandagon and they are safe from GRRM since he is battling with the Dinner and Lunch lords atm
>>
File: hOcxr1H.jpg (206KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hOcxr1H.jpg
206KB, 1280x720px
>>87080595
Ned cheating on Cat makes his character much more interesting

>young
>in a war
>just killed some conscripted poor lads on a battlefield and you're getting drunk to forget their screams
>bobby b brings a hot girl and you end up fucking
>feel bad your whole life
vs.
>muh honor it was all a prank
>>
If Lyanna is his mother, then who was Wylla?
>>
>>87083022
And still 2 kids named Aegon.
Actually I don't understand why Jon wouldn't be his real name. That's the name Ned gave him in honor of Jon Arryn, was anybody there to give him another name? Both his parents died, there were no maesters to record the birth
>>
>>87088356
Lyanna told Ned the name before dying
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.