[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The actor, known for his work in Deadpool and Game of Th

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (519KB, 920x613px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
519KB, 920x613px
>The actor, known for his work in Deadpool and Game of Thrones (he played Daario Naharis before Michiel Huisman took over the role), stated on Monday that he was stepping down from the role of Major Ben Daimio in the film because he felt his casting was not in line with the character’s Asian-American heritage.

>“It is clear that representing this character in a culturally accurate way holds significance for people, and that to neglect this responsibility would continue a worrying tendency to obscure ethnic minority stories and voices in the Arts,” he wrote in a note on Twitter. “I feel it is important to honor and respect that. Therefore I have decided to step down so the role can be cast appropriately.”

https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/8/29/16222324/skrein-hellboy-white-washing

Wonder if these people that were outraged about this completely trivial bullshit were also upset when they cast a black woman as Domino? Really makes you fucking think
>>
I don't really care.
>>
>>87079057
Why didn't this happen when they cast a nigger as MJ? Gingers are vastly underrepresented in Hollywood already.
>>
>don't really want to do role
>find weak political excuse to drop out
>clickbait spins it as SJWs winning in order to get millions of triggered alt-right hits.

Its time to realize clickbait has turned politics into nothing but a carnival ride.
>>
oh look another one of THESE threads. what ever happened to ignoring stupid shit?

>inb4 le just ignore this thread

nah this thread will get 200+ replies by /pol/ neckbeards screaming irreverent shit i've already seen a million times.
>>
>>87079057
As far as I know it was his own convictions which led him to decide to drop out of the role, not backlash for it (SJWs don't read the Mignolaverse, and you can never convinced me they have or even can) which I can respect. I don't think desiring the role be cast more accurately is a bad thing and I respect him taking one to the chest for the sake of it.
>>
Can't really blame the guy for not wanting to deal with annoying and smug faggots for months on end.
>>
>>87079057

>drops Game of Thrones for some shitty Transporter reboot
>drops Hellboy because he isn't an Asian

LOL what a retard
>>
>>87079614
He left GoT for a shitty reboot of a movie that was already shitty?
He sholud fire his agent.
>>
What a cuck.
>>
>>87079221
except they cast a half black half pacific chick as an Irish character in ghe film
>>
>>87079057
What do you want? He didn't want to do it.

You can ask each person if they were upset over something you claimed so trivial you decided to make a thread about it.
>>
>>87079057
inb4 they now cast a black guy
>>
>>87079057
He realised his career was in the shitter because he can't act and makes bad choices, going ahead with this would have been the final nail in the coffin, and publicly dropping out scores him infinite tumblr points so he's guaranteed more roles
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.