[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to start getting into some good martial arts movies, where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: bruce-lee-9542095-1-402.jpg (206KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bruce-lee-9542095-1-402.jpg
206KB, 1200x1200px
I want to start getting into some good martial arts movies, where should I start?
>>
>>87067849
Bumping for interest
>>
>>87067849
It looks like you already know where to start you fucking weasel.
>>
>>87067849
I like classic Jackie Chan movies, like Half a Loaf of Kung Fu, The Drunken Master, and Snake in the Eagle's Shadow.
>>
File: mostly_kungfu.png (321KB, 1714x546px) Image search: [Google]
mostly_kungfu.png
321KB, 1714x546px
too lazy to type some out, so here's a screenshots of most of my kungfu collection folder that I backed up from my dvd collection (that means there good)

you got dat jackie chan, jet, yuen biao, sammo hung, michelle yeoh, cynthia rothrock, etc....

ignore the rest, but drive with mark dacascos is apparently good too but not Hong Kong
>>
>>87067849

Pretty much everything Jackie Chan pre-HK handover, chronologically.
>>
>>87068474

Good selection there, I'd suggest watching Hero before HoFD and add Iron Monkey, Drunken Master and Drunken Master 2, the Undisputed movies, and the Raid movies

A lot of Korean thriller movies also have fight scenes that put American ones and even Chinese ones to shame in how they're staged and choreographed, even if they're not pure action movies
>>
>>87067849
Honestly are Kung Fu movies even good? They all seem to have awful sound design, next to no plot, and generally uninteresting cinematography. I've begun to think gooks have just always had awful taste in movies considering the shit they're paying to watch these days and how awful these kung fu movies look.
>>
File: zorak.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
zorak.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>87067849
This retirement home by my house would clear out the rooms when someone would pass, and if they didnt have family to get their stuff.

Found "Legend of the Drunken Master" on vhs, i thought it was some late 90s spoof, but it turned out to be really fast paced and somewhat comedic too while still being awesome.

I haven't really delved into Kung Fu films

I heard "return of the dragon pt2" and
"Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" and apparently ones to go for.

But if you want something light and fun.
"Legend of the Drunken Master"
>>
>>87067849
Shaolin Master Killer aka 36th chambers is the greatest Kung Fu film ever made

Once you've seen that just go through Gordon luis movies
>>
Skip Kung fu and go directly into Asian fantasy. You'll thank yourself later.
Kinos:
Crouching tiger hidden dragon
Hero
House of flying daggers
Musa the warrior
>>
>>87067849
Ive only watched a few but Winners and Sinners Trilogy for me was fun. its more actioning than full on martial arts. Wheels on Meals with jackie was also enjoyable.

>>87070568
some of them take themselves too seriously. other are really "campy" and goofy. the goofy ones are pure kino.
>>
>>87070568
>Honestly are Kung Fu movies even good?
Yes, they're just sort-of mindless action movies that use a different background than American action movies. If you can enjoy Commando, you can enjoy something like Once Upon a Time In China.

Also, High Risk is probably the best action satire ever made.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.